Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic : Dark Future ❯ Escape ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Shadow, Mighty, Cream, Dr. Ivo Robotnik, Fang, Bark, Bean, Wave, Jet, Storm, Rouge, Espio, Vector, Charmy, Vanilla, Omega are all copyrighted by Sonic Team.
 
Amami Cybun(rabbit) and Duo Nepaus(skunk) are characters created by me.
 
 
Robots marched along the halls, with almost military like procession. In a deserted hallway, a vent grate fell, followed by Mighty jumping down into the hallway. I can't believe I didn't hear about this sooner. No matter. I'm here now. I may not like the guy, but no one deserves to be imprisoned by Dr. Robotnik. I just hope the showoff hasn't suffered too much. He crept forward, stopping at the corner to try to see if there were any robots in the hall before he ran through the hall to the next corner. If I remember correctly, Shadow said that the prison quarters were this way. He continued to creep through the halls, constantly avoiding the robots.
Upon finding the cell block, he laughed at his luck. Six robots guarded the doors into cell block. Looks like I'm going to have to fight after all. He cracked his knuckles. Damn.
Mighty watched the robots for a few minutes…and let his head drop. They're good. Not a single flinch. How I wish these were the `bots from years before. He looked around and sighed again. Or to have my partners again. Soon, they will be released, but for know, I will deal with fighting. He went forward into the hallway, pushing one of the robots into another. The resulting explosion brought a smirk to his face as two animals hopped free of the wreckage. Better programming, same armor. Guess he thinks he doesn't have any threats left. He jumped on top of one of the bots, using it to sling himself into the cell block while sending it sailing into one more of the other robots. Better find Espio and Amami before they summon reinforcements.
His plans took another turn as he heard a familiar voice. “Mighty? I haven't seen you in years!”
“Knux?” Mighty mumbled, skidding to a stop. “What are you doing in a place like this? Better yet, why haven't you broken out yet?”
Knuckles lifted his arms, which were shackled. “I'm a little tied up, so I can't exactly break out. It sucks that I got caught while trying to break out a few friends. Want to give a hand?”
“Sure.” Mighty pulled out a pick from the pack on his side, starting to work on the lock. “Amazing. I was looking for a few friends of mine, but I didn't expect to find one of the two greatest.” He opened the lock and started to work on Knuckles shackles. “We've got to hurry though.”
“Why?”
Mighty pulled the shackles off Knuckles' wrists. “Well, I would rather not fight the guards reinforcements before we release my allies, if at all.” Mighty walked out of the cell and looked around for a second. “Still clear, but I have to hurry. You are on your own now. Sayonara!” Mighty dashed down the hall past more cells in search of his friends.
“Well, I got my miracle. Now let's see if I can't give Rouge and the Babylon Rogue's theirs.” Knuckles ran down the hall as well, looking for signs of the group. Soon, he cam across a cell with Storm in it, Rouge not too far off. “Need some help?”
“You Knuckle-head!” Rouge shouted, jumping at the bars. “Stop playing around and let me out of here!”
Storm paced behind the bars. “Hey, red guy! Can ya help a guy out? I can't break myself out because of these things.” He held up his arms to show shackles similar to the ones that Knuckles had been wearing.
Knuckles shook his head. “Calm down, calm down.” He punched the bars to Rouge's cell so that she had enough room to squeeze out through the bars, then turned to Storm's cell, bending the bars far enough so that he could get out. “Rouge, could you break his Shackles so that he can be helpful to us?”
“Gladly, though I am not responsible if he gets hurt.” Rouge replied, lifting her foot to kick at the shackles.
Storm froze. “Uh-oh!” He fell backwards, landing back into the cell as the shackles shattered.
“Geez. We have to hurry. A friend of mine told me that some robots would be coming soon as backup. We should think him if we see him. We wouldn't be getting out if it wasn't for him.” Knuckles turned to see twenty robots. “Then again…”
 
Continued in Chapter 2….