Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic the Hedgehog ❯ The Battle and The Angel ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I do NOT own Sonic the Hedgehog or company in any way, they belong to their rightful owners.

UPDATE(1/31/08): I just added more to Part 1 of the story and I'm almost done with it, Part 2 will be up soon. I will probably finish up Part 1 tonight and it will be uploaded on here.

UPDATE(2/1/08): Now I'm finished with Part 1 and I added a chapter title. Part 2 will be up soon. This story just really has me writing, I updated 3 times in one day.

~~~~~~OoO~~~~~~

Sonic the Hedgehog (Part 1)
The Battle and The Angel

Only one word could describe the streets and sidewalks once flooded with footsteps and cars; deserted. The buildings were empty and not a soul was around. Well, all except for a brave pair of fighters standing in the street awaiting their enemy and his evil creations. The one out in front, was young, only 15, but brave. His blue quills shone against the summer night’s moon. They could hear loud footsteps up ahead and knew what they would have to do. His friend and rival stood next to him to fight. Only a year older, the 16 year old echidna, was strong but, not nearly as fast as his hedgehog friend. Both him and the hedgehog knew that they had to work together to defeat Dr. Eggman. The sound of an airplane broke their thoughts, but they continued to look on towards the lair of said villain.

Dr. Eggman had finally collected the last chaos emerald, and everyone knew he was up to no good. But that was only one of the reasons that Sonic the Hedgehog was here tonight. Eggman, also captured a friend of everyone, and one of the many that look up to the 15 year old hedgehog. This was one of his closest fans, Cream, a little rabbit girl at the age of 6, and her chao friend Cheese. Sonic knew that he had to get his friends out of there, and he asked his friends Knuckles the echidna to give him some muscle power. Luckily he gets more help with Tails flying the Tornado and Amy with her Piko Piko hammer.

“Sonic, get ready.”

Sonic was brought from his thoughts and looked at Knuckles who was pointing down the street into the heart of the city. Sonic could hear the roar of the Tornado getting closer, so he looked in the direction of the noise. The Tornado was small enough that it was flying down the street, towards it’s next riders. The purple double stacked wings didn’t even scrape the sides of the buildings. Tails slowly began pushing the steering controls down making the plane fly so that it was low enough for Sonic and Knuckles to jump on the wings. They both walked so that they were within the wingspan of the plane. And at the right moment they jumped and both landed firmly on each wing.

“Hold on!” Tails said to his new passengers. He began to pull up and the plane began flying higher. Tails is a young fox, at the age of 8, but could build a computer that would make all super computers obsolete. His romodel, hero and best friend is the blue hedgehog sitting on the plane's right wing. He looked up to Sonic like a brother and he knows Sonic will always be there to help him.

“Sonic, what’s you plan?” Amy, the pink hedgehog, sitting in back of Tails asked. She looked on at Sonic, she is younger than Sonic, by 3 years, but considers him her boyfriend.

Sonic looked back at his two friends while keeping a steady grip on the plane’s wing, “Tails you and Amy handle the flying robots guards and back Knuckles up when he needs it.”

Knuckles looked over to Sonic, “What will they need to back me up on?”

Sonic looked at Knuckles and pointed to the base, “The grounded guard bots, “ Sonic raised his eyebrows, “or do you think you can handle ALL of them?”

Knuckles knew he was strong enough to handle some bot guards. He looked down to the base and realized ‘some’ wasn’t exactly the right word for how many robots there were.

Sonic smirked at the expression left on his friend's face, “Alright then, so you’ll need help.” Sonic looked back down to the base.

Then Knuckles figured there was something missing in the hedgehog’s plan, “What are you gonna do?”

Sonic smirked at his friend’s question, “I’ll take care of Egg-head.” Sonic loved calling Eggman, Egg-head, he figured it suited him better.

The first wave of flying guards started coming their way, getting their guns ready, and aiming at their targets. Once locked on they began firing. Tails was an excellent flyer, and started weaving through the oncoming bullets and laser beams. Tails tilted the plane so that it was almost vertical with the ground, “Whoa!”, Knuckles screamed as he lost his balance. He felt his feet start to slip out from under him, and his jaw hit hard against the wing of the plane. There was a burning coming from his chin as he was sliding down the wing. He started throwing his arms in front of him to get a grip on the wing, no use. He thought this was it, and closed his eyes when he felt himself slide off the wing’s edge. Suddenly he stopped and felt someone gripping his hand.

“Whoa there Knuckles, we don’t need you on the ground just yet.” He opened his eyes to see Sonic was the reason he wasn’t falling to the ground. When Sonic saw Knuckles sliding he jumped to the other wing and quickly grabbed his friend’s spiked glove. Tails got the plane straightened out and Sonic quickly pulled Knuckles back on the wing. Once Sonic knew Knuckles had his balance he was ready to take out some of the robots for his comrades.

“Tails! Now!” Tails knew exactly what Sonic meant and pressed one of the many buttons on the control panel. On the side of the plane a small lid popped open and a bright glowing ring came flying out and landed in the hedgehog’s palm. Sonic grasped it firmly in his clutches and the ring started glowing a bright yellow. When Sonic absorbed the ring’s energy, he launched himself from the plane. He was headed towards the robots at a very fast speed. When the time was right he clenched his stomach muscles and brought his knees to his chest and his arms to his side, elbows at a 90 degree angle. He tucked his head in, which made his quills stand up. He looked like an armadillo in a ball. The speed picked up and the wind was whipping around him so fast that it looked like a barrier.

He hit one of the robots going right through it, leaving a big hole in the robot. Then he hit another and another, bouncing from bot to bot. Sonic took out a total of 8 guards while the Tornado took out 5. Once Sonic saw the first fleet had been taken out he spun to the Tornado and broke his spin and landed on the plane.

“Thanks Sonic.” Amy said to the fired-upped hedgehog.

“No problem, think you and Tails can handle the rest?” Sonic didn’t know what would happen once he got inside Eggman’s base. He wouldn’t be able to help out his friends until he got Cream and Cheese out of there.

“Yeah,” she said and pulled out her Piko Piko hammer, with fire in her eyes, “they don’t stand a chance.”

“Alright then, I’m off.” he turned from his friends and was about to jump.

“Sonic,” he turned his head to the pink hedgehog, “be careful.” Sonic gave Amy a genuine smile, “ Don’t worry I’ll be back in a jiff.” With that said he gave his friends a wink, a thumbs-up, then jumped. He was plummeting into Eggman’s base. Once he saw he was getting very close very fast he started to spin, but not very fast, he didn’t want to go through the ground. He landed firmly on his feet and used his right hand to steady his fall.

He slowly stood and looked around to examine the area. Luckily for him, most of the guards were already out of the gates. He heard the sound of the Tornado’s gun’s going off and hoped his friends were alright. Sonic shook his head to clear his mind, right now the only thing he should be worried about is Cream and Cheese and to stop whatever it is Eggman’s up to. He started his search for his friends turned hostages.

~~~~~~OoO~~~~~~

“Sonic will never let you get away with this.” A little brown rabbit girl remarked while clutching her unconscious chao friend. Cheese, the little blue chao, was indeed little but what he lacked in size, he made up for with courage. Once he and cream were captured he tried to fight one of the guard bots so they could escape. Unfortunately, it knocked cheese unconscious. And now he laid in his friend's arms.

“I don’t think so Cream.” Her captor said. He was tall but also wide. The glasses he wore hid his eyes and his brown mustache hid his mouth. However the red over-coat he wore hid nothing. “Decoe, Bocoe, what are the stats?”

A tall gold robot was sitting in a chair pressing buttons and looking at a computer screen, “The machine is ready Dr. Eggman.”

“All you have to do, is type in the formula.” the shorter silver robot next to him said as he was reading the stats from his screen. These two robots were not fighters, instead they helped their creator, Dr. Eggman, out with his evil schemes.

“Good.” Dr. Eggman walked over to the glass cell, the lights in the room reflected off his bald head, “You see, no matter how fast Sonic is, he is too slow to catch up with this plan.” He turned around laughing mischievously. Cream was scared but didn’t want to let Eggman know it, for that would only make him gloat. She sat in her cell and cradled Cheese in her arms praying that Sonic would get there soon. She watched with horror as Eggman put in the last chaos emerald and started pushing buttons on a keyboard.

Suddenly something crashed into the heavily armored door and broke it down. There was a shadow in the dust that stood around 3 ½ feet tall. “Alright Eggman,” Cream’s eyes lit up when she heard that familiar voice, “are we gonna do this the easy way,” the dust cleared to reveal a grinning Sonic, “or the hard way?”

Eggman grinned back at his blue hedgehog enemy, “I choose...the hard way.” With that said he pushed the final button which ignited the machine. “You can’t stop me now Sonic!” Eggman called in his robot guard.

Sonic took out a power ring and absorbed it’s energy. He jumped into the air and broke into his spin attack. He decided he would take the guard out later, right now he had to stop the machine. Sonic spun to the machine and penetrated it, but with all that power acting up, he was caught in an electrical current. The pain was excruciating, he had to grit is teeth to keep from wailing out.

“No! What have you done?!” Eggman yelled once he saw how the machine was acting. It was going completely hay-wire. Who knew what could happen with all that chaos energy.

Finally, Sonic was ejected out of the machine through the glass chamber that held all of the chaos emeralds. He landed in front of Cream’s cell, on his stomach. Sonic knew the fight wasn’t over so he, painfully, got up on his hands and knees. Drops of blood were falling to the floor from the wound in his side and blood was pooling at his left leg from a very deep cut. Bruises and cuts were plastered all over him from being in the electrical current and then thrown through the glass.

Cream saw these and knew he needed help right away. She watched him struggle to get up on his feet. He clutched the wound on his side to subside the bleeding. But it was no use, his blood was staining his beautiful blue fur and seeped into the fabric of his glove. The guard that Eggman called in earlier locked on Sonic and was ready to fire. Sonic growled in frustration knowing there was no way he could run away fast enough with the wound in his leg. Sonic was waiting for Eggman to say fire, but it never came. The thing that had Eggman’s attention was the bright glowing light coming from the chaos emeralds. It was getting bigger and bigger. Sonic had a feeling that this wasn’t going to be good. Then in one big boom it consumed everyone in the room, including a nosey 16-year-old bat named Rouge, that was hiding in the ventilation system.

Outside, Knuckles huffed and puffed as he tried to get his breath back. Tails landed the plane a few feet from Knuckles and him and Amy jumped out and ran to the echidna’s side. They noticed the white light coming from the base.

“What...what is that?” Amy asked hoping to get an answer that wouldn’t make her more terrified than she already was.

Knuckles knew exactly what it was, “It’s called, Chaos Control.” The light engulfed them and they waited to see what would happen next.

~~~~~~OoO~~~~~~

BEEP…BEEP…BEEP& #8230;

A hand reached out from under the covers and turned the alarm clock off. Lying in the bed was a 15 year old girl. She slowly opened her eyes to reveal beautiful chocolate orbs. She looked up to her clock which read 3:07 A.M. the full moon’s rays shone through her bedroom window making her room light up. The young girl turned over on her back and smiled, she knew this would be a good night. A heavy sigh escaped her lips and she flung the sheet from her body. She slid her legs over the side of the bed and searched for the floor with her feet. Once firmly planted she got out of bed and walked over to the screen door which led to the balcony. Unlocking the latch, she slid it open and walked out into the warm summer air taking in the relief it offered. She stood out on her porch in black shorts and a blue tank-top that had in big, black, bold, letters ‘SPEED’. She was taking in the scenery of her family’s 200 acre ranch, and smiled at the foals that were sleeping in the moonlit pasture. Then looked at the barn that housed more than 30 race horses and show horses.

‘Well, better not keep her waiting.’, she thought as she knew this would be an excellent night, but somehow, in the pit of her stomach, she knew that after tonight nothing would ever be the same. She came back inside and went to the closet to fetch her flip-flops. Once grasped in her hand, she ran to her door and slowly turned the knob. When the door was finally open, she snuck out of it very quietly, not wanting to wake anybody up. She got to the stairs and turned her head around to look back down the long narrow hallway, nobody in sight. So, very carefully she tip-toed down the staircase, with each little step there was a little creak that followed after. When her feet landed on the main floor she made her way across the wooden floor, through the living room, then the dinning room, then on the tiled floor of the kitchen. She made her way to the screen door and slowly cracked it open. Luckily, in the summertime they didn’t shut the backdoor so she didn’t have to worry about undoing all of the locks. Once on the outside she made sure the screen door didn’t slam shut, and ran to the edge of the porch then paused, slipping on her sandals and made the mad dash across the dirt driveway that separated the barn from the house.

Once at the barn she grabbed the barn door latch and pulled the big door open so that she could slide through the door way without full opening the barn. Once inside her eyes met with the two dogs, a 4 year old German Shepard and a 2 year old Siberian Husky. Thy knew it wasn’t a stranger so they laid their heads down and went back to sleep. The young girl smiled at the intelligence of her two dogs.

“Alright then…Angel” She called and looked in the direction of her stall. No head popped over the door, no nicker. She walked over to the stall door and realized, no Angel. Then she looked in the back of Angel’s stall and saw that the door, from her stall to the paddock, was wide open, “Okay, I know I closed that last night after I fed her.” So the young girl, at 3:15 in the morning went searching for her beloved horse.

The paddock was smaller than their other pastures so it wouldn’t take long to find her. She called out for her horse, and thought it was strange, because Angel always came when she called her. She was almost at the end of the pasture when she saw a dark figure lying in the grass, “Angel?” she called and the animal raised it’s head. The horse had her back to the girl, “I’ve been looking everywhere for you. You had me worried.” The girl walked around Angel figuring she didn’t want to be ridden tonight, which was really unusual, so she would just lay down with her and enjoy the moonlight. But once she reached the front of her horse she saw something resting on Angel. “What on Earth?” she wasn’t scared of it because, obviously, her horse wasn’t either. She knelt down to get a better look of it. “A…a Hedgehog?” That’s the best animal she could guess by looking at it, because she knew it wasn’t human. The moonlight hit it’s quills and which showed it’s blue color. “A blue hedgehog?” Now she was confused, where did it come from? How did it get here? All of these questions, going off in her head. She looked closer and realized part of it’s fur was soaked, but it didn’t look like water. She very slowly reached out, hoping she wouldn't wake it up, she felt the liquid on her fingertips and realized it was a thick liquid. She rubbed up higher and felt like her fingers went in a hole that was filled with more of the liquid. She jumped and pulled her hand back when the hedgehog gasped loudly and gritted it’s teeth, sucking in air making a hissing sound. “Ungh, Egg...Eggman.” he said weakly. The girl was stunned for a second but, for some reason, not scared, “A blue...talking...hedgehog,” she pulled her hand with the substance closer to examine it in the moonlight and gasped, “that’s seriously injured.” She realized that the liquid was his blood and the hole she found was a deep wound. So quickly thinking on her feet, she went to the other side of Angel and pulled the hedgehog up on her back. Then the girl, while still holding the hedgehog, got on behind him. The girl took her left arm and wrapped it underneath his arms and around his torso to keep him in place, while the other hand grabbed a hold of Angel’s mane.

“Alright now, easy girl.” She said to her horse as she clucked and gently gave her a nudge with her legs. Slowly, Angel rose to her feet with a girl and a hedgehog on her back. “Angel, we need to get him back to the barn to take care of him, so let’s go.” She gave Angel a loud click and a nudge of her heals and Angel picked up a slow gallop. The girl held on tight to her unconscious passenger, she certainly didn’t want him anymore hurt than he already was. Fortunately, Angel is a very smooth ride and her gallop felt like a rocking chair. As they were riding through the field, the girl made sure that the hedgehog was okay. With each stride his quills pricked at her skin through the fabric of her clothes, but she didn’t care. The only thing she was concerned about was him. Blood was leaking onto her hand from his wound. She was concentrating on getting to the barn to doctor him. It was so quiet this night, the only thing that could be heard was the sound of hooves hitting the ground with every stride Angel took.

Sonic started to stir when he could feel something embracing him. At first he thought it was Amy. Slowly he squinted his eyes open. He could feel somebody behind him, and one of their arms was around him and the other was holding onto what looked like hair. Then he realized they were riding something. Unfortunately he wont find out right now, as he fell unconscious from not having enough time to heal.

The barn came into view and she slowed Angel down to a trot. The girl looked toward the house to see no lights on and mentally sighed. She wouldn’t know how to explain to everyone that she found a talking, blue, hedgehog, out in the pasture next to Angel. Well, she’ll have to figure that out later, right now she just needed to get him cleaned up. When they were about 20 feet from Angle’ stall she slowed her down to a walk and guided her into her stall. Once they were in the stall, the girl gently slid off Angel’s back, she held on to the hedgehog so he wouldn’t fall off. But, didn’t know an easy way to get him off, then she remembered something.

“Down, Angel.” She remembered, she taught Angel to lie down on command.

When Angel heard the command she slowly started to lie down. The girl held on to him while Angel was going down. When she was fully on the ground the girl slid the hedgehog off Angel’s back and laid him on his back in the straw. Then she stood up and looked at him clearly. Since the lights were always on in the barn, she could see every detail of him, from each blue quill to each purple bruise. She wondered how he got into such a bad shape. The worst wound on him was the one on his side and the second was on his leg. She walked over to the back door and swung it shut so Angel wouldn’t go back out, then she turned and walked to the other door. She slid the door, to the aisle open, but before she stepped out she looked at Angel, “Watch him, okay Angel?” then she went into the aisle, shut the door, and ran to the tack room to get medical supplies.

When she got back Angel was standing up over him, as if he were her foal. She entered the stall with a bucket of supplies, and kneeled down next to him and took out a small tub filled with warm water and a wash cloth. She pulled the dripping wash cloth out and squeezed the extra water out. Then gently cleaned up the wound on his right side. It was pretty deep, almost half an inch, and long. It ran from his chest to his hip and looked like it was made by glass. Once she got all of the dirt and crusty blood off, then she moved to the wound on is left leg. This one wasn't nearly as bad as the other one, but it was still pretty bad. It wasn't nearly as deep but it was pretty long, running from the middle of his thigh to the top of his knee. She cleaned it up as good as she could get it, and when both of the wounds were cleaned up she grabbed a gauze pad and put some medication on it. Very carefully, she pressed it to the wound on his leg. Next she grabbed the vet wrap and began wrapping the wound, she looked at her handy work, “it’s a good thing I learned how to doctor the horses.” Then she got two other gauze pads out for the other one. It was pretty long so she needed more gauze pads. When she came to wrap it she sat him up and wrapped it around his body, then laid him gently back on the floor. When she was all done she set the bucket in the corner and went to grab the sheets she left outside.

She carried him over to the wall to give Angel the opportunity to lie down if she wanted to. Taking one of the sheets, she folded it to act like a pillow and lifted his head, trying not to think of his quills tickling her skin, and placed it under his head then laid his head down on it. Grabbing the other sheet, she placed it on top of him. Figuring, with as much blood as he probably lost, that he might be cold, even on a warm summer night like tonight’s. She balanced her weight on her toes and looked at him. ’Where did you come from hedgehog?’ Looking at him she wondered who would want to hurt him and why, because he looked so peaceful sleeping there. Little did she know that her guest wasn’t the type that liked to stay put for more than a few minutes, but tonight he didn’t have much of a choice. She heard a soft thud behind her and turned on her toes. Angel was lying down and looking at her owner and the wounded hedgehog. The girl looked at her horse with a confused look, ’I wonder if it was no coincidence she found him.’ Her horse laid there and just looked at her as if she read her mind and was saying ’you’ll just have to find out.’ Forgetting about it for the time being she went to lay down with Angel. She sat in front of Angel, in between her legs, and grabbed the last sheet and pulled it up to cover her bare legs. Sliding off her flip-flops and she laid her head back to rest against Angel’s stomach. She stayed there, resting against her horse while questions were going off in her head and obviously no answers to them. Everything didn’t make any sense, how did Angel open her locked door and wander off into the paddock, when she knew she locked it after she fed the night before? And how did Angel just so happen to come across this wounded hedgehog? How did she know that it wouldn’t try to attack her if it woke up? All these questions and no answers, but the real question was, will she ever get the answers? Her mind kept wandering as sleep found her and she let it take her. Angel was the only one that was awake and she stayed awake to watch over her owner and their new guest, just like, well, an angel.

~~~~~~OoO~~~~~~

A/N: Okay, I know I'm not the only Sonic fan out there that would like to see a movie made about Sonic and co. that had the same type of graphics as seen in Transformers. I'm talking a real life movie, and since nobody has ever made one I decided to make my own (well, the written part anyways). I will try to make this story seem like you're watching the movie, but this is my version of the movie. And I AM a Chris fan but he, unfortunately, will not be in this story *hears Chris haters start cheering in the background and begins running from Chris lovers who just got the news*. Well, *dodges rotten fruit and vegitables* see ya next time.