Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic the Hedgehog ❯ The Beginning of a New Friendship ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I do NOT own Sonic the Hedgehog or company in any way, they belong to their rightful owners.

UPDATE(2/5/08): Another update this took me a couple of hours to write the last of the chapter. And this is the last of chapter 2 and the third one will be up soon. So enjoy!

~~~~~~OoO~~~~~~

Sonic the Hedgehog (Part 2)
The Beginning of A New Friendship

‘Wh…where am I?’ he questioned himself. He had such a headache, it felt like someone was hammering away at his head. The last thing he remembered before passing out was riding on an animal. But how? How did he get on the animal? He was starting to stir awake and could tell that he was covered by a sheet and his head was lying on a pillow. Was he laying in a bed? He started to move around and feel that he was lying on something that was sticking to his fur. He opened his eyes and lifted his right arm to see little pieces of sawdust embedded in his fur. He looked past his bruised arm and saw a ceiling but this didn’t look like the ceiling of a house. He turned his head to the left and saw a wall made out of wood. ‘Is this…a barn?’ He started to get into a sitting position to get a better look of the room that he was in. But he had to stop, a jolt of pain rushed through his body forming from his side. On reaction he flung his arm to his side in an attempt to stop the pain. But it didn’t work, he grunted in pain, waking up another that was in the room. His thoughts were drawn from the wound to the snort that was made in the same room. Looking to his right he saw a blue looking horse with a dark grey face looking back at him. Then he saw a girl, no older than him, lying on the horse. She had long dark brown hair, almost black, pulled back into a ponytail, and looked so peaceful as she slept. ‘Did she stay out here with me?’ Suddenly her horse started to wake her up by turning it’s head and nudging at it’s owner. He just sat there and watched, obviously not going anywhere in his condition. Her eyes started to flutter open and the horse stopped nudging. Slowly her eyes opened and her chocolate eyes landed on him. For a moment they stared at each other, forest green orbs staring at chocolate ones. Realizing that he didn’t want to stay there all day he started to get up, but was once again halted by a pain in his left leg.

She quickly crawled over to him on her hands and knees and halted any movement he might make, “You shouldn’t be moving, you’re badly wounded.” Her voice sounded so sweet entering his ears and knew in an instant that she would do him no harm and only wanted to help. She pulled the sheet off of him now that morning was rising and it would soon be getting hot. When she pulled the sheet off his leg she saw that his bandage was soaked with blood. He realized this too, but did nothing. She, on the other hand went back to the bucket still left in the corner and grabbed a new vet wrap roll and a new gauze pad, and walked back to him. She sat down next to his leg and started to unwrap the blood stained bandage. He sat there and watched her begin working on his leg. Realizing that all she did want to do was help. He looked back over to her horse and saw that she just laid there watching him and her. Now that she was away from her horse he saw the blue coloring of the horse and even though he wasn’t a horse person he thought this was a beautiful animal. Looking back at the girl she pulled off the old wrap and he saw the full damage that his leg had taken. The cut was deep but it was beginning to heal. He looked up to the girl and she was putting more medicine on his wound.

“Are you the one who treated my wounds?” She stopped and looked up to him and nodded, then continued her work. He felt very grateful, he knew that Amy would have done the same thing but would have been more worried over him than this girl was. Not that he was complaining, this girl didn’t know anything about him yet was still treating him and cleaning him up.

He just smiled at her as she put the gauze pad over the wound, “Thanks, you know you can talk, I swear I won’t bite you.” He added a little humor to show her that he wouldn’t harm her either.

She gave a little laugh and looked up at him, “Yeah I know, it’s just…I’m still trying to process that I’m talking to a blue, talking, hedgehog.” Adding a little humor of her own. Truthfully she didn’t know what to say, she was surprised to even get that out. Grabbing the vet wrap she started wrapping up his leg, “So do you have a name or do I just call you Mr. Hedgehog?” she looked back up to him, an eyebrow cocked.

He realized if this girl and Knuckles ever meet, that it will be one rude comment after another, much like him and Knuckles. “It’s Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog.” He gave her another smile.

She finished wrapping the wound and looked at him, “Well, Sonic the Hedgehog, my name’s Katie, Katie Thistle.” She got up and moved to his side to start on the other main wound. She unwrapped the wound and took off the gauze pad to see that it was almost completely healed. “Wow.” she said a she rubbed over the wound, touching his fur.

“Huh, what is it?” He asked her.

“When I treated this wound when I found you it was much worse.” Deciding that it didn’t need as much treatment as the one on his leg she took the medication and put it on the wound then rubbed it in. “There, all done.”

“Thanks for finding me and tending to my wounds.” He said as he started to stand up. She grabbed his arm and helped him up, “Well, you’re welcome for treating your wounds, but I’m not the one who found you.”

He looked at her with confusion written on his face. She let go of him seeing that he could stand, “Angel found you.”

“Angel?” He questioned. She nodded her head and pointed to her horse still lying in the middle of the stall.

Katie could hear the ranch hands start the tractor to start feeding the animals. She reached in her pocket for her cell phone and read the time: 6:00 AM. Angel heard the tractor fire up but didn’t move.

“What is that?” Sonic asked looking toward the stall front.

Katie quickly grabbed his hand, “Sonic, have you ever ridden a horse?” He looked at her and shook his head. He had never ridden but, it couldn’t be any worse than riding on the Tornado, right?

Sonic and Katie walked behind Angel and Katie swung her leg over Angel’s back to the other side. She looked at Sonic and he did the same. Once he was on Katie turned her head to look at him, “Sonic, just hold on to me.” He nodded his head in understanding and wrapped his arms around her stomach. Katie nudged at Angel’s sides and she started to rise. Sonic was startled when she started to move to her feet and looked down to see that it was a long way to the ground. Angel stood 16 hands (about 5 ½ feet.). Once Angel was up she turned her head and Sonic noticed that she didn’t have anything on her head to control her. He might not be a horse person but he knew that something had to be on their head to control their movements. Katie guided her to the back door and Angel side passed so that Katie could unlatch it. Once unlatched it swung open and Angel stood in the doorway waiting for her rider to give her the next command.

“Aren’t you going to put anything on her?” Sonic asked a little taken back seeing that nothing was controlling Angel.

Katie turned her head to Sonic and gave him a toothy smile, “No. Tell me Sonic, do you like to run?” His eyes grew wide then it was his turn to give her a grin, “You bet!” was all he needed to say.

Katie turned to the open field awaiting the hoof beats of Angel, “Then hold on tight.” Sonic did as he was told and Katie leaned forward and gave a loud click.

Angel’s ears sprang back listening to the command while her legs sprang forward following the command. Angel gave a big leap out of the door and started a fast pace running through the paddock. Sonic could feel the wind whipping through his fur and he loved the feeling. Even though this wasn’t as fast as he could run it was still pretty fast. He looked all around and saw pastures around them some filled with horses some filled with cows, but mostly horses. Looking on ahead he saw one huge pasture that was as green as could be with trees sprouting up here and there. If there was ever a place that Sonic could run and enjoy the scenery, it would be here. He could feel each beat that Angel laid down and to him it felt as smooth as a rocking chair. He looked back and saw her long black tail whipping with the wind and could see the ground that they were covering from the barn. His thoughts were broken by the sound of Katie’s voice, “Sonic, hold on we’re gonna jump.” He looked forward and there was the fence that separated the paddock they were in, to that big open field. He couldn’t believe it, they were gonna jump that fence. But, if he trusted her with caring for his wounds, then he would just have to trust her with this too.

Angel came close to the fence and Katie leaned forward pulling Sonic with her. She grabbed further on to her mane and Angel slowed down then took one giant leap and they started over the fence. Sonic looked down and saw the fence pass right under them. He felt Katie lean back, bracing for the impact of the ground. Angel landed firmly on the other side and picked up her pace she had in the paddock, only this time she didn’t have to slow down for any fences. Sonic couldn’t believe how incredibly trained this horse was. She obeyed every command that Katie asked of her.

~~~~~~OoO~~~~~~

Back at the ranch a man no older than 27 sat on the tractor and watched as Angel and her two riders leapt over the fence to the open pasture.

“Hey Dallas what ya watchin?” Dallas looked at his friend and the other ranch hand on the farm standing on the other side of the big tractor.

“Nothin, just thought I saw something.” He continued driving forward knowing that he’ll have to find out after feeding time.

~~~~~~OoO~~~~~~

“So, where exactly are we headed?” Sonic asked as he watched the trees pass by them. They were a good 5 miles from the barn and Angel still kept her pace. The field had a group of broodmares with their foals all staring at the passer-bys. Most of them continued to eat while some of the foals started running around their mothers. The scenery was breath taking a single creek twisted and turned through it while the great oaks and maples provided shade and shelter to whomever wanted it.

Katie kept looking toward her destination, “We’re headed to my favorite spot on the whole farm.” Sonic didn’t know where that was but, it sounded like fun.

They began coming up to a thick group of trees that rested at the base of a cliff that stood about 50 feet in the air. Water pouring down the side, hitting some of the many rocks that jutted out. He wondered what it looked like on the other side of the bushy trees.

Katie leaned back and told Angel ‘easy’. Angel started to slow down to a trot. They were trotting through the wall of trees and Angel came to a stop in front of a large lake that was being filled by the waterfall. Wild flowers grew in patches everywhere, and the grass was as green as could be.

There was only one word that Sonic could come up with after seeing all this, “Beautiful.”

Katie smiled at Sonic’s remark about her place, “So I take it that you like it?”

“I’ve never seen a place like this.” he said as his head started to turn looking at all the trees. The sound of birds calling each other found his ears.

“Well, we can stay her for a while if you’d like. But I’m sure that we’ll get hungry sooner or later.” Katie said as she turned her head toward him.

He looked up at her, “Well, a few minutes wouldn’t hurt, besides while we’re here you can tell me a little bit about yourself. And then we can go get something to eat.”

She laughed at that last statement, “Alright then, let me get off then I’ll help you get down.” She swung her right leg over Angel’s neck so that she was sitting with both legs on her left side. Then she slid down, off Angel’s back. Her feet landed firmly on the grassy ground, she turned on her heals to help Sonic off. He put his left arm on her shoulder and she put her right hand on his back to sturdy his fall. Slowly he slid off with Katie helping keep his balance. It took a moment for him to finally stand without help, the wound in his leg didn’t help much. Even though it was on it’s way to recovery, it still caused him pain to walk on it.

Katie looked at him to make sure he was alright to walk then she turned to Angel, “Alright girl go on.” She gave a loud click and threw her arms into the air, to tell her to get going. Sonic was puzzled, how were they gonna get back to the barn without Angel? “Katie, why did you scare Angel off like that?” he asked as Angel ran through the trees to graze where ever she pleased.

Katie looked down to Sonic, “It’s alright she’ll come back, all I have to do is whistle really loud and call her name and she comes running every time.”

That settled his mind for a second. He walked over to one of the maple trees. This was a rather large and spread out tree. It’s limbs branched out and shaded Sonic from the sun’s rays. He turned at the base of the tree and sat down. Katie watched him to make sure he was alright. To her he still needed rest, he looked so exhausted from whatever it was that gave him those cuts and bruises.

Deciding that she should also get some answers herself, she sat right in front of him. She leaned back and rested her weight on her hands that were extended behind her back while her legs were out in front of her, “So how did you get those wounds?”

Sonic looked up at her then sighed heavily, he leaned back against the trunk of the tree, “Where I come from there is a genius that lives on our world, his name is Dr. Eggman, but the only thing he uses that noggin for is to try to take over the world. Last night he finally got the last chaos emerald, there are seven of them, each serving a different purpose and are very powerful, anyways, he had been plotting something for the past couple of weeks and he would’ve succeeded. Also a friend of mine, Cream and her Chao friend, Cheese, were captured by Eggman. And I had to stop him from whatever he was scheming, I had help with my friends who were taking care of the guards outside the gates while I was infiltrating inside. Knuckles, an echidna that has a very short fused temper, was taking care of the guards on the ground. While Tails, a fox, that I practically consider a brother, was flying the Tornado.”

“Tornado?” Katie asked, him so that he could take a breath.

“Yeah, it’s my bi-plane. He was taking out the air-born guards with the help of Amy, another hedgehog like me. She’s a really good fighter with her hammer, but be careful and try not to get her mad because, unless you have speed like I do you’ll be a goner. So I was trying to take out Eggman’s machine with one of my spin attacks, when I got caught in an electrical current. It finally shot me out through the glass chamber that held the chaos emeralds, and that’s how I got theses cuts. I thought that I destroyed the machine, but instead it started acting up and the next thing I knew I was teleported here. Speaking of which where is here?” He said, as he finished some of his part of the story.

“Well, Sonic, I live outside of a small town in Idaho. We live outside of Boise which is the capital city. My family owns one of the largest horse farms in Idaho, it’s a little over 200 acres and as you can see we have tons of horses. We raise race horses and show horses. I’m the one who competes in the shows while my dad and grandpa are in charge of the race horses. Angel is one of the show horses, she knows how to rein, cut and rope and she’s also a great pleasure horse.”

Sonic looked at her with confusion plastered to his face, “Huh?”

Katie gave a little laugh and started to tell him what each event meant, “Reining is when a horse can maneuver and do tasks such as sliding stops or spinning on its back legs, but these have to be done in a pattern and have to be followed exactly as it’s given to you. But there is also freestyle reining where you can make up your own pattern and choose music to go with it. Now cutting is easy, you have a group of 20 to 25 calves and you have to choose one to keep away from the herd or ’cut’ for a short amount of time. Normally you have to do this with three calves. Roping, is an event that also works with cows you just have to, well, rope the calf around the neck in a short amount of time, I’m not much of a roper but, Angel still knows how to do it. Then pleasure, is a class that judges your horse on how well it can do it’s gaits. Gaits are speeds, they’re called walk, trot, and lope, and are judged on how smooth the gait is.”

Sonic was amazed at how much it takes and how many things you can do with a horse, “So you do all of those on Angel?”

Katie nodded her head, “I trained her myself, she’s what we call, an all around horse. The race horses, on the other hand, just know how to run. Some say we have the fastest horses raised on the farm.”

Sonic gave her an ’you think so look’, “They maybe fast but I bet there’s no way they can keep up with me.”

She looked at him, some part of her believing it and another part saying that he’s just a hedgehog, “Are you really that fast?”

He nodded, “I’m the fastest thing around and it’s pretty hard to catch me. Eggman’s tried on a daily basis but not once has he ever caught me.”

She looked down at his leg, “Well, then we better hope he doesn’t know about that.” she said pointing to the bandage.

He looked down and sighed, “Yeah, right now I can still run fast but I can’t go faster than my normal speed.” He looked at her and asked her one more question, “So how many people live with you here?”

She concentrated and began to name them off, “Well, there’s my dad, my grandpa, Dallas, a ranch hand, Steve the other ranch hand, our maid and cook Michelle, and our butler Chuck. Dallas and Steve live in the two ranch houses on the other side of the barn, while Michelle and Chuck have their own rooms in the house.

Sonic was in awe at everybody that lived on the farm, plus the animals outside, “You must have a pretty big house for everyone to live in it.”

Katie was a little embarrassed, “Yeah, we get most of the money from the races and the shows, then my dad owns a big tack store that a lot of people go to. But I hardly spend anytime in the house, I’m normally out in loft of the barn which is basically like my second room, or I’m out here. Oh and did I forget to mention that we have a cabin up in the hills that we go to every summer, it even has a barn to take the horses up there.”

“Wow, it’s sounds like your livin’ in luxury. But one name that I didn’t hear come up, where’s your mom?”

Katie looked away from him, she looked as if she were now the one in pain. Sonic realized that he shouldn’t have asked he too looked away shamefully. He didn’t want to open up old wounds, “I’m sorry, you don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to.”

She smiled at him for not being pushy, he wasn’t one to want to hurt her and she saw this. He was being generous and saying that she didn’t need to bring it up if she didn’t want to, “No, it’s okay. My mom died about 4 years ago in a car crash. She taught me everything I know about horses and she’s the one who got me into showing. But, Sonic, it’s okay you don’t have to be ashamed of asking me that. It’s true that a lot of people ask me it, but you’re the first that actually said that I didn’t have to tell you, so thanks.”

Sonic looked at her with sympathy gracing his features, “It’s alright, I’m not here to hurt you, just like I know you’re not gonna hurt me. I make more friends than enemies and I’m letting you know right now, I’m your friend.”

He didn’t know how truly touched she was by his friendship, “Thank you Sonic.”

~~~~~~OoO~~~~~~

“Dallas?” Dallas came out from behind the tack room door to see a man who looked to be in his mid 50s, wearing a tan cowboy hat, a long sleeved, plaid, shirt, and a pair of worn out, dark blue, wranglers. “Have you seen Katie? Michelle wants to know what she’ll have for breakfast.”

Dallas knew exactly where she was, but didn’t know what she was with, yet, “Well, Neil, Angel isn’t in her stall and Katie is no where to be found, so by best guess is that she’s out running with the broodmares.” Katie’s grandfather, Neil, didn’t like to be called Mr. Thistle so he has everyone call him Neil. He knew that everyday in the summertime Katie would go out before anybody got up and would ride Angel in the broodmare’s pasture ‘til breakfast.

“Alright then, if you see will you tell her that she needs to come get her breakfast.” He told Dallas as he turned and started heading for the barn doors.

“Sure thing, Neil.” as he went back into the tack room.

~~~~~~OoO~~~~~~

It was peaceful out side away from the city, Katie loved her farm and obviously so did Sonic. Next to the crystal, clear, blue, lake, laid two figures absorbing the sun’s rays and taking in the fresh air and the relief that it all offered. Sonic and Katie laid on the edge of the lake in the tall grass with their hands behind their heads without a care in the world. They stayed that way after talking about their past. Together they sat their and watched the clouds pass them by above. It was quiet and the only sound that could be heard was that of the birds frolicking and chirping in the trees around them, that is until a certain blue hedgehog’s stomach gave a growl.

Katie turned her head to see Sonic looking back at her, “I think we should probably head back to the barn and get some breakfast.” She leaned forward and started to stand up.

“Yeah, I think that would be a good idea.” As he too started to stand up.

Katie walked over to the wall of trees and whistled really loud then called for Angel. And as she told Sonic, a few moments later Angel broke through the trees ready to go back. “Wow, how old is she again?” Sonic asked amazed at how well this horse minded, he would’ve guessed twelve.

Katie walked over to Angel and rubbed her muzzle, “She’s only four. Unbelievable, huh?”

Sonic looked at her with wide eyes, “Yeah.”

Katie walked over to Angel’s side ready to hop up and Angel being the loyal horse she was, just stood there waiting. Katie grabbed a hold of the last section of hair running down the top of her neck and gave a big leap, throwing her right leg over Angel’s back. Once on she adjusted her position so that Angel could carry two. Katie looked down to Sonic and extended her hand to give him a lift up. Sonic grabbed her hand and gave the best jump he could with his leg. Katie pulled him up and he swung his leg over Angel’s back and balanced himself out.

Katie nudged at Angel and she started to walk through the trees. The leaves were shading the two riders and their horse from the sun. It was almost 9:00 and the temperature had started to rise. Little spots of sunlight were hitting the three from the spaces between the leaves above.

Katie kept focus on where they were going but still brought up a conversation, “You know Sonic, you’re the only one besides me that has ridden Angel.”

Sonic looked up to her from behind, “Really, you don’t let anybody else ride her?”

“No it’s not me, it’s her. I’m the only one that she lets ride her, our old trainer we had, tried to train her when she turned two, but Angel threw him off. Then I tried to train her and she listened to everything that I taught her. That’s why I was a little skeptical about you riding her.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, if you got on with me I didn’t know what she’d do but, last night, when I found you, she was practically guarding you like she does with me. So I figured that she would let you ride her, and she did.”

Sonic looked forward and saw that they were out of the great tree wall, and he figured that he would show Katie what speed really was. He stood up on Angel’s back knowing that this was a really well trained horse and Angel’s head popped up turned to look at him while they were still walking. Katie wondered what was going on then looked behind her to see Sonic gone. Then she looked to her left and saw him walking next to her and Angel.

“Sonic, what are you doing?” She looked down at him worried, she didn’t want that wound in his leg to reopen.

“I might not be able to run my fastest but that doesn’t mean I can’t run at all.” He gave her a smile that said ‘try to keep up‘. He then looked forward and started a slow run.

Katie was surprised at how fast he was getting ahead of her. And then decided that she’ll play this game too. Leaning forward she grabbed more mane that was higher up Angel’s neck, “Alright, Angel…let’s show him your wings.” Angel heard this and went from a walk to a full blown gallop and easily caught up with Sonic. Sonic looked to his right to see Angel and Katie had caught up with him. Sonic watched as the muscles under Angel’s beautiful coat were working away, keeping up with him. Sonic figured he didn’t want to go any faster, because it might worry Katie, so he kept at this pace. Katie looked down to Sonic and figured she’ll keep at this pace. Air was rushing in and out of the two runners nostrils and their muscles moving under their fur could easily be seen. Katie looked atop of her ride and saw the barn coming into view, so she leaned down and gave her hand to Sonic. He took a hold of it and while they were still running he jumped on Angel’s back with ease. He used Katie to balance himself out and found the flow of Angel’s beating hooves. He saw that brown fence they jumped earlier and held on to Katie as Angel jumped it once again. This time he had a better time holding on with this landing.

Katie saw the barn and slowed Angel down to a slow lope and they loped all the way to Angel’s 12 by 12 stall. She was relieved to see that nobody was outside. Her dad must already be on his way to the racetrack and her grandfather must have gone to the tack store. Dallas and Steve probably went with her dad. Katie slowed Angel down to a trot then to a walk and went straight into the stall. Sonic and Katie got off Angel’s back and Katie went and shut the bottom half of the Dutch door. Sonic waited at the stall door to the barn aisle. Katie walked over and slid it open and popped her head out, the only thing she saw was her husky laying on a bale in front of one of the stalls. Katie turned to Sonic, “Okay, follow me.”

Katie told him back at the lake that she wasn’t sure about how she would tell her family and friends about him but he was more than welcome to stay here if he wanted. Sonic agreed, and said that he would understand about telling her family and friends about him. Truthfully he would have the same problem if it were the other way around.

They walked into the aisle and Sonic saw the dog sitting on top of the bale, it lifted it’s head but did nothing, seeing that he was with Katie, so it went back to sleep.

Katie laughed at the laziness of her dog, “My guard dog.”

Sonic looked up to her, “Yeah, he sure is terrifying.” and started laughing himself.

~~~~~~OoO~~~~~~

Outside a man stood by the barn door that was cracked open and listened quietly and tried not to make a sound. He saw Angel and her two riders coming back to the barn, and thought that now might be the right time.

~~~~~~OoO~~~~~~

Katie led Sonic to the stairs that were on the other side of one of the stalls. They both climbed up the stairway and walked through the doorway that was at the top. Sonic stopped once he entered the room. It looked like a mini house that was built above a barn. There were a couple of couches and a coffee table and in front of them on the wall was a big screen TV. A little ways from the couches was the entrance to a small kitchen and beyond that there was a changing room that was completely sealed from peaking eyes. And over in the farthest corner laid a couple of small beds, each with an end table and a lamp sitting on top of them.

“Wow.” was all Sonic could come up with after seeing all this stuff.

Katie giggled at how amazed Sonic looked, “Yeah, this is like my second room and also my second favorite place on the farm.” Katie turned and saw the big window on the side wall, “Come here Sonic,” as she walked to the window and sat on the ledge. Sonic did as was asked and walked over to her he looked out the window and was blown away by the view. From the window you could see pastures divided up by long brown fencing and trees popping up here and there. And in the pastures were horses that were playing and grazing, some were even sleeping. This time Sonic didn’t need to say anything because Katie knew exactly how beautiful this picture was. Sonic sat down on the ledge and stared out the window.

Katie decided that she would go and get something to eat from Michelle, “Sonic, I’ll go get us something to eat, and I’ll be back in a little bit.”

Sonic looked at her and gave her a smile and Katie went back to the stairway, shut the wooden door behind her, and scaled her way down to the main floor.

She stopped at Angel’s stall and got a couple of sections of hay and opened the feeding door to Angel’s feeder, and threw it in. Then made her way out of the barn. She ran up the stairs to the edge of the deck and walked to the screen door. She opened it up and walked into the kitchen to find Michelle working away on the dirty dishes. Michelle stopped cleaning and looked towards the young girl, “There you are, are you still hungry?”

“Yeah, do you think you can make up two dishes, one for now and one for later?”

Michelle gave a little giggle, “I see you’re really hungry,” she set down the dish and went to the refrigerator to grab some food to make Katie her big breakfast, “sure thing young lady, but why don’t you go change clothes and I’ll call you down when it’s ready.”

Katie looked at herself and saw that she had little pieces of grass and some of Angel’s fur, and also some bright blue strands of fur from Sonic, “Okay, thanks Michelle.” And she quickly ran up to her room to change.

~~~~~~OoO~~~~~~

“Katie! Your food is ready!” Michelle yelled from the kitchen as she put the last of the food in a container.

Katie came down the stairs wearing a brown short sleeved shirt that had a barrel racer and rider in darker brown and said, ’3 barrels 2 hearts 1 dream’ on it. Her pants were a pair of wranglers for women and hugged every curve of her legs then, tapered towards the bottom.

She walked into the kitchen and saw Michelle hand her a bag full of containers that were filled with eggs, bacon, sausages, hash browns, and a few pieces of toast. “I figured you were gonna eat up in the loft so I put the food in containers so you don’t spill any on your way up. You still have plates and silverware up there don’t you?”

Katie thought for a moment, “Yep,” she grabbed the bag that was in front of her, “Thanks Michelle.”

Michelle gave her a smile, “No problem, missy.” Michelle liked to call Katie ‘missy’ ever since she was a little girl. Katie made her way to the screen door, her tennis shoes making squeaking noises with each stride. She hoped from the deck to the ground and made her way back into the barn. She trotted her way up to the stairway and began the climb. She came up to the door and opened it. Sonic was still sitting on the ledge and he looked over when he heard the door creak open. He saw Katie walk through holding a bag of containers and he also saw that she changed clothes.

He saw that there were a lot of containers filled with food and his nose didn’t lie to him, they all smelt good. “Is that all for us?”

Katie close the door a little and looked at the bags, “Yeah, I told her to make me some for right now and some for later. And this is what she gave me. Hold on and I’ll make you up a plate. How does eggs, bacon, sausages, hash browns and toast sound?” She asked as she walked into the kitchen to make their food up.

Sonic looked into the kitchen and saw her reaching up and getting a couple of plates, “Sounds delicious.” He looked out the widow to the scenery below. And in a few moments he smelt food in front of him and turned his head to see Katie holding two plates that had everything Michelle made. She handed him one and he gratefully took it, “Thanks, Katie.” Katie sat down on the ledge next to him and started on her plate, and he did the same.

They were both nearly done with their food, when Sonic’s ears perked up and his head turned to the doorway that led to the stairs. Katie almost put some food in her mouth when she saw Sonic snap his head to the side. She looked at him and he was staring at something and wasn’t breaking eye contact. She turned her head in that same direction and froze.

There stand in the doorway leaning against the frame was Dallas, “So Katie, who’s your friend?”

~~~~~~OoO~~~~~~

A/N: Don’t worry guys this isn’t the end of chapter two, but how do you like it so far? Please tell me, I would really appreciate it. And I’m letting you know right now, I’m basically a walking horse encyclopedia, so if there’s something in the story that makes you so confused, then just ask me and I’ll tell you. Yes, I thought that it would be nice to have Sonic on a horse ranch, I mean come on wouldn’t it be funny to see Sonic trying to ride a horse…*hmmm...gets an idea and makes a toothy grin* well, I’ll be back in a little while, and remember to tell me what you think, whether it’s in an e-mail or a review, trust me *quotes Sonic* ‘I don’t bite.’

UPDATE(2/5/08): I know I’m sorry I’m leaving you with a cliff hanger. But this is where I wanted to end the second chapter, also my fingers are cramping from typing so much. So please tell me what you think.