Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic vs. the Pumpkin Master ❯ A great Evil Awakened ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 1: A Great Evil Awakened
It was a calm night in the Mystic Ruins, and there was a slight breeze.
Knuckles was sleeping inside the Shrine of the Master Emerald, not knowing that a very powerful evil was just beyond the bridge. A man, wearing a black shirt, black pants, big black shoes, and a black cape was crossing the bridge. A very odd thing about him was, instead of a head upon his shoulders, there was a very evil-looking Jack-Oh-Lantern.
“Hmm, so this is where the Emeralds are held now. Ha! This is ironic! The very Emeralds that imprisoned me in that infernal coffin will give me the power to take control over the entire magical realm! Now, all I have to do is walk up there and take them!” said the strange man. He walked up the crumbling steps and hovered to one of the pillars that the Emeralds were placed. He tried to grab one, but was hit hard in the side. He flew back, and hit the Master Emerald. He was hit again, and he fell down the steps.
“Who are you? What are you doing here?” asked Knuckles.
“Hmm, foolish Echidna! It would be in your best interest to not interfere!”
“Hmph! You need to leave this place now! Before I teach you a lesson!”
“Hmm, I think not! I'm the one that will do the teaching! Avada Kadavra!”
A green beam of light went out of the man's hand and hit Knuckles, and he collapsed.
The man walked up the stairs, and stopped in front of Knuckles.
“Hmm, my powers really have weakened… that was supposed to kill you… no matter, I'll just take what I came here for, and take my leave!” said the strange man.
He raised hi hand, and one by one, the Chaos Emeralds vanished. Once the last Emerald vanished, the man disappeared with a green flash.
Knuckles woke up the next morning with a throbbing headache.
“Ohhh, my head! Hey! Where did that weird man go? Where are the Chaos Emeralds? Oh, great… what am I gonna do? I can't go find him alone… I know! I'll go find Sonic! He'll help me!” Knuckles got up and headed towards the Mystic Ruins Train Station.
When he reached the Train Station, he saw a familiar face.
“Hey, Tails!”
“Hey, Knuckles! Long-time-no-see! What are you doing here?”
“I'm going to Station Square to find Sonic, I need his help with something!”
“Help with what?”
“Well, I kind of lost the Chaos Emeralds…”
“What? I thought you said that the Emeralds would be safer at the Shrine with you!”
“IT WASN'T MY FAULT! This weird man knocked me out, and the next thing I knew, it was morning ant the Emeralds were gone!”
“Hmm, well, then, I'm going with you…”
“Fine, just don't annoy me!”
“Okay! Let's go!”
 
Knuckles and Tails got on the train that will take them to Station Square. What surprises await them there?