Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ St. Rudolph ❯ A Plan is Hatched ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue: The hatching of a plan
 
Hundreds of miles over Station Square, a lonely airship was being buffeted by the wind. Zeppelins had seriously gone out of style, but this one was remodeled and reinforced. Three dubious characters were meeting in the captain's quarters. It was a dimly lit room, always surrounded by the faint smell of lavender. There was a large table in the middle of the room, and spread across it was a myriad of charts. There was no speech from any of the three figures in the room. The tallest tapped started to drum his fingers on the table. After another minute of waiting, he reached for the intercom system. At that moment, a fox with outlandishly big ears burst into the room.
"Made it, Captain Felix!" the fox burst out, his voice youthful, spry, and tinted with a cockney accent.
"Rudolph! What have I told you about stealing from the crew?" the tallest replied, his voice no more than a dusky whisper.
"Uh…not on a Sunday?"
"Just `not'. I swear, half of all the oil that goes into that engine room comes out again on your coat."
"Mmm. I thought I'd fooled ya that time, but I guess you're just too smart for me." Rudolph replied sarcastically. Relaxing, he sat down on a chair and put his feet up on the table, as was his habit.
"Now that all members of the crew are present, we can get on with this meeting." the captain said hoarsely.
"Cap'n, I know it hurts your voice to talk at length. You want me to give these two the skinny?" one of the two remaining figures said eagerly. The figure in question was a rather shapely one, belonging to a pretty young hedgehog with green spines and purple highlights. Picking up one of the charts, she unrolled it in one swift motion.
"Heh…showoff. Ambrose, you only think you're big `cause you're the vice captain." the last figure said. It belonged to a cat with glorious red fur, and a sly grin.
"Shut up, Rio!" Ambrose replied sharply, with an imperial tone in her voice.
Felix shook his head. This was getting them nowhere. Rudolph looked at him out of the corner of his eye, and smiled.
"Listen." Felix whispered. Instantly, the two warring girls stopped their argument, and looked at the captain.
"That's better. Rudolph, you explain." Felix said. Rudolph sighed and stood up.
"Our target's the bank in the newest quarter of town. Our information says that there's a large vault full of valuable gems. You know what we're looking for. Apart from that, feel free to take whatever takes your fancy. The 'eist starts at midnight. Plan 19 for entry, Plan 008 for escape. We all clear?" Rudolph grinned.
The two girls nodded.
"We're free till then." he added. Then, with a swish of his tail, he walked out of the room.
"I wonder where he's going." the cat said sarcastically.
"Every penny he earns goes the same way." the hedgehog said sadly.
"Yep. Looking for his missing `h' sound." the captain joked to himself. He laughed hoarsely.
"Well, I'm off to case that bank. Laters!" the cat said, slinking out.
"Tch. Those two…" Ambrose sighed. "I'd better make sure they don't get into trouble."
She walked away. The captain merely sighed, picked up a book from one of the many bookcases, and began to read.
 
--------------------------------------------+-------------------- ------------------------------------------
 
I don't own Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Rouge, Vanilla or Eggman.