Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sword of Chaos ❯ Awakening ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thunder flashed as Prince Elias walked through the Great Unknown. His journey taking him from Knothole Kingdom, through the Great Forest, and half way through the Great Unknown. The Great Unknown was little more than a desert wasteland. With few oasis and little resource, the area has been left virtually alone by both the Freedom Fighters and Robotnik.

Elias sat down next to a rock outcropping. The rock was cold due to the cool breeze following the storm. The thunder came from a dry storm, No rain, just thunder and lightning. The squirrel brushed some dirt from his clothes, which were starting to show signs of ware. Elias sighed, He didn't even want to come to this region, but something was calling him. He didn't know what. He just felt something. Elias sighed once more and stood up. His blue eyes scanned the horizon. Sand, rocks, boulders, and a whole lot of nothing. He took a deep breath, the air couldn't have been dryer. He continued walking.

After an hour of walking, he came to a huge rock formation. It rose a good thirty feet up. He looked around. A small cave leading down was in the center of the rock face. Elias walked to the entrance, he looked down it. A small, cold wind, blew out of the cave, causing Elias's brown fur to tingle. He didn't like the feeling he got from the cave, but he had come to far to turn back. He walked into the cave. A few feet in he saw a roughly made stair case leading down. Elias drew his knife from his belt and walked down. The air in the cave was cool and refreshing. He went down about fifty feet before reaching the bottom. A strange glow filled the room. A sword handle was sticking out of the far wall of the cave. Elias walked to the handle.

A strange voice filled the cave, "Welcome Prince Elias Acorn."

Elias stepped back, "How do you know my name?"

The voice got a little louder, "I know all. I know of your failure at Knothole Kingdom. I know of why you ran. I can help you."

Elias looked around, "How?"

The voice grew quieter, "I can give you power. More power than the Sword of Acorns that refused to obey you. More than even Sonic the Hedgehog."

Elias put his knife back in its sheath on his belt, "What must I do?"

The voice chuckled, "Pull out the sword. Simple."

Elias slowly grabbed the sword's handle, he took a deep breath. He pulled hard. The sword slid free. Elias held it up. The sword looked just like the Sword of Acorns, accept for the fact the blade was a darker metal and the handle was silver. A black light flashed from the sword. It washed over Elias,

"Fool. Now I am free."

Before Elias could speak the cave exploded. As the smoke cleared, Elias stepped out of the rubble. His fur was now gray and his eyes glowed a deep red. The sword was clutched tightly in his right hand.

"Free. Free once again to smite all of existence with my dark power."

He floated up into the air. "He raised his head up and yelled,

"You all better watch out, Bojack is back baby." He flew off into the night.