Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Teenage Mother ❯ Escape ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Tee hee hee.  The Sonic Characters appear next chapter people!  Just wait a bit longer!  Enjoy! ^_^ Oh yeah!  I keep forgetting to say this!  The story is in 1st Person POV.

Disclaimer: The characters that appeared so far belong to me!

Chapter 2: Escape

My waiting has finally paid off.  They all went out to dinner, locking me up in my room.  I waited several minutes, just in case they forgot something.  About ten minutes have passed, and the house was quiet.  Now was the time.  I slid off my mattress and opened up a hidden hole.  Carefully, I removed the suitcase I placed there long ago with my belongings, placing it on the floor, and covering up the hole.  I opened the suitcase and took out a bent up spring, the key to my way out.  Leaning against the door, I slipped the wire through the crack.  After a couple minutes, I heard the lock snap, and pushed the door, it opened without a sound.  Perfect.  Now I just need to get the money.  I sneaked to the bathroom across the hall and knocked on the floor until I heard a hollow sound.  Taking out a knife I stole from the kitchen while I was cleaning, I slipped it between the tiles and lifted a loose one up.  Below the loose tile was a hole containing a bag.  On special occasions, the men would pay me, and I hid them carefully within my long hair.  And this was where I kept the money.  I grabbed it and put the tile back in place, hurrying to my room.  There, I put the money inside the suitcase, grabbed it and exited out of my room, closing the door and relocking it, so they wouldn't know right away.  They usually wouldn't bother me until morning.  Spotting a black bag, I remembered the mother put shoes in there to sell them later on at a thrift shop.  After scrimmaging through, I found a pair that fit me perfectly, I was ready.  Going to the back, I peeked through the crack of the door, no one was in sight.  I silently slipped through and relocked the door.  Taking out a map I found long ago, I ran through the alleys until I reached a street that contained no houses.  My body ached and I felt like barfing, but I knew I had to continue on.  However, I needed to change first.  In my case were a few cleaning supplies.  I spotted a huge fountain nearby and decided to clean myself there.  Nobody cared about it.  Also, inside the case were my sluttish clothes, this was where I kept them.
“They're better than these torn up clothes I'm in.  And I really need to rest anyway.”  I took out the supplies and headed for the fountain, it was time to clean up.

My break was over now.  I looked at my reflection in the fountain, smiling a little to myself.  The filth was gone and my fur shone in the moonlight.  I had removed the dark glasses to clean better and to improve my vision.  My eyes were miraculously unharmed from the many years of torture.  Everything was now clean.  I was a bit pudgy, but I am, of course, pregnant.  I managed to cover some of my scars up with my fur.  I wore a see-through long-sleeved shirt, with a halter top underneath.  I also wore a mini-skirt, which was pretty uncomfortable since it was fall.  It was still night, so I couldn't exactly make out the colors of my fur or clothing, but that wasn't important.  I gathered up everything and put them away, looking at the map, continuing towards my destination.  Just a few more blocks and I would be out of this treacherous town.  Feeling a little excited, I quickened my pace, until it became a full on sprint.
“Almost there, almost there!”  After a few more I fell to my knees, I was free.  I was finally free.  Breathing after a few minutes, I stood up and checked on my suitcase, nothing was broken.  After a moment, the sun started to rise, and I was in the next town.  My stomach felt tight, fear rising inside.  Shaking my head, I made my way to the train station.  There weren't very many people.  Just a few adults heading to work.  Passersby ignored me and my eyes slowly drifted shut.  Now, is the time to sleep.  I deserve it, and soon, I'll be with my brother again.  No one noticed, but a small smile formed upon my face.

My ears twitched slightly.  Footsteps, lots of them.  I slowly opened my eyes, the sun shining into them.  Everyone was up and about.  Like always, a few of the men would give me a glance and sometimes wink at me.  I quickly checked my belongings, everything was still there.  I looked up at the clock, it was 1:00.  Gathering up everything, I went up the steps and inside.  It was very packed.  Somehow I found the ticket-booth and had to wait several minutes.  After purchasing my ticket, I looked around the station that would take me to my brother.  After getting lost several times, I finally found it.  I picked out a comfy seat by a window.  I was just in time; the train would be leaving in about 5 minutes.  Feeling even more excited, I reached for my pendant and held it, making a silent wish.
“I wish…that my child will grow up and have a safe, healthy life.”  I opened my eyes and looked out the window, we were leaving.  Still tired from last night, I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.  I was no longer caged, no longer used.  I could do as I please and live a happy life.  I'll find someone, a father figure, so my cub will be truly happy as well.  That is, if my brother remembered me.  Oh dear brother, I hope you haven't forgotten.  I need all the help I can get to raise my cub.  I can't do this on my own.  The main reason though, is because I don't remember myself.  They took away my name, dignity, everything.  All I had were memories of the past.  And what kind of mother would I be if I don't even know my own name?  I banished my thoughts and concentrated on sleeping.  My legs were still sore from running all night.  And I also needed food; they haven't fed me for a couple days.  Which isn't good for my little cub.  I need to stop thinking already and rest.  Slowly, everything went dark.  I fell into a deep sleep, resting quietly and peacefully.

A/N:  Sorry it took me a while to update.  I'd like to thank Tora for the drawing and all the people who commented!  Here!  Have some cookies! *gives the people who commented cookies* I'll try to update ASAP!  Buh-bye for now!