Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The days that followed the horrible incident... ❯ The beginning of the worst... ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The only sound you could here through the dark forest was that of the sound of waves. It was near an ocean and the only other creature in the forest besides the chaos was a 15-year-old fox-hedgehog wearing a blood red top and black bellbottoms crying in a patch of light. She had been crying here for over an hour. She was crying because she lost everyone in her whole family.
 
Flashback
Skyla had been upstairs on the computer doing Photoshop on a picture of her favorite hero/villain guys… Shadow the Hedgehog. She was in the middle of coloring it when she heard a door being knocked down and several gunshots being fired. Amongst these fires were voices saying something that she couldn't make out. Skyla went downstairs carefully to check out what had happened. When she got down the last flight of steps she gasped at the sight before her, her parents were sprawled on the floor lying in a lake of blood and her brother lying on the couch dead. Skyla went to go see who the intruder was and she saw that it was a couple of GUN soldiers rummaging through her stuff in her room. Aren't they supposed to help protect people from experiments gone bad? Skyla asked herself. “HEY! THERE SHE IS!!!” screamed on of the GUN soldiers. “Oh shit…” mumbled Skyla to herself as she ran out of the house until she got to the middle of the forest and rested on a patch of light. She then suddenly realized that she had no one else left to go live with since all her grandparents, aunt, and uncles were already dead so she just started crying because she realized she was all alone…
Flashback over
 
She had cried herself to sleep and when she woke up she found herself in a small red bedroom with a door/window leading to a balcony. She was on a four-poster bed in a short black and red gown with spaghetti straps. Lying on the side table next to her was a very beautiful outfit, but, very revealing. It was a short sleeve belly shirt with a sleeveless jacket and really small shorts. On the floor was a pair of skate looking shoes that appeared to belong to a boy about 16 or 17 and a pair of tube socks. She decided to go take a shower due to the fact that she was caked in blood from hugging her dead mother whom she was really close friends with and splattered with a little bit of dirt from lying down in the grass. After she was done with her hour bath she got dressed and went to the balcony to ponder what was going on and what had happened and why. In the middle of her thinking she heard a knock at the door and hid by the glass door and looked around it ever slightly tilting her head as so to see the person and not to get caught at the same time. The next thing that had happened she couldn't believe, Shadow walked into the room wearing tan cargo shorts, a blood red muscle top and a black hooded cloak. “Hello? Little girl?” slow and low came his voice probably afraid he'd scare Skyla. Skyla came from her hiding spot and said, “Here I am… what do you want?” Shadow looked at the balcony for second adjusting his eyes to the light because it was still morning. “I see you're wide awake. You do know you are a really heavy sleeper?”
Skyla gawked at him for a couple of seconds and peeped, “Yeah…”
Shadow sat down in an armchair across from the bed and Skyla came in from the balcony and sat on the couch perpendicular from the armchair, they were now facing each other. “So… um… why did ya' bring me here in the first place?” asked Skyla trying to break the awkward silence. “One because you were dirty, two you were all alone, and three…” he was afraid to say the next few words, “I couldn't let a pretty face stay out in the woods for all eternity.” He bowed his head to keep Skyla from seeing him blush and just in case Skyla was going to laugh at him. There was an awkward silence then Skyla broke it, “Thanks Shadow…” Shadow lifted his head to face Skyla, “For what?” “For everything, for bringing me here and letting me stay here for awhile, that's why,” answered Skyla twirling her hair on her fingers. “Hey you uh… want to go and uh… get some breakfast?” asked Shadow nervously while getting out of the armchair he was in. “Yeah sure!” chirped a starved Skyla who hadn't eaten since two days ago. Shadow opened the door and stood there waiting for Skyla. She finally came and they headed out into the hallway, it was a magnificent hallway. It had tapestries of the house's last owners with a few suits of armor scattered every few feet. The hallway had a few busts of people, most likely famous people, who had visited there and a long burgundy rug to complete the look. They passed several rooms three of which were studies and the rest were bedrooms. They walked into a huge foyer with a thirteen foot chandelier and a portrait of an old man in his 70s and a beautiful teenage girl. Skyla whom was interested in the painting greatly asked Shadow who these people were. Shadow stopped walking and looked at the portrait while his eyes filled with tears. He often looked at the picture to always make sure he never forgot what they looked like. “Shadow did you hear me?” asked Skyla with a confused look on her face. “Huh? Oh yeah I did. These people Skyla, are Prof. Gerald and Maria Robotnik, answered Shadow so melancholy that he didn't sound like Shadow. “Oh… the girl's really pretty,” said Skyla aware of Shadow's sadness. They continued on through the foyer to another hallway that wasn't quite as long as the last one. This one was long enough to fit an entryway table and to large vases.