Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Echidna Prince ❯ Shakespeare play! ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5: Shakespeare play!

Narrator: Today people gathered around to see the famous Prince Knuckles in all his glory!

Prince Knuckles: I AM…BATMAN!!!

Narrator: …Must the insanity continue?

~*~*~*~*~

Ah, today was the grand opening of Romeo and Juliet in the kingdom.

Sonic: No! I can't take this anymore! Why, oh why, must I be…JULIET?!

Knuckles: *snicker* because…the authoress said so! She's insane, you know that!

Sapphire: Hush Knuxie! That's why I made YOU Romeo!

Knuckles: *dramatic music plays as his eyes goes large and we zoom in on him* YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

Sapphire: Technically, I can do anything I want. I am the author.

Knuckles: That isn't fair…

Sapphire: Life isn't fair, dear with it red one.

Tails: Hiya! No longer are my ears bleeding!

Rouge: -_- Good for you, though I really could care less.

Tails: You're mean. I'm telling my mummy!

Rouge: -_-()

Amy: I wanna be Juliet and Sonic should be Romeo!

Sapphire: Amy, I have to torture Sonic and Knuckles in my fic.

Amy: Why?

Sapphire: Because it's fun.

Amy: Why?

Sapphire: Because it is.

Amy: Why?

Sapphire: Because I said so.

Amy: Why?

Sapphire: Because if you don't shut up, I'll sap you to oblivion!

Amy: ^_^;;

Sapphire: Better…now…on with the play!

Knuckles: I REFUSE to be Romeo if HE'S *point to Sonic* JULIET! That's an outrage to my gender!

Sapphire: Hmmm…You're right. But I don't care! *Smiles*

Sonic: I don't wanna be a girl!

Sapphire: Sonic, Sonic, Sonic…there's a lot that I don't wanna be either, but I am. Wait, that's a lie! ^_^


Sonic: Why can't Shadow be Juliet?

Sapphire: Because, I've been torturing poor Shadow for the last four chapters.

Sonic: You tortured me too!

Sapphire: *grows larger, eyes turn red* QUIET MORTAL!!! I AM IN CONTROL HERE!!!

Sonic: *cowards* Ye-yes ma'am!

Sapphire: *returns to normal* Otay! On with the play! I'm rhyme!

All gather around as the narrator begins to speak.

Narrator: I hate you!

Sapphire: Shuddup and do as I say! Or else face the consequences!

Narrator: I hate my life.

Sapphire: What'd I say?

Narrator: Fine…*reads paper* Two households, blah blah, both alike in dignity. Yeah, right. In fair Verona, wonder where that at? Whatever, in fair Verona, where we lay our scene, from ancient grudge break to new mutiny. Is this a poem?

Sapphire: JUST READ THE DANG SCRIPT!!

Narrator: *grumbles* Where evil…wait, that's civil. Where civil blood makes evil, I mean, civil hands unclean.

Sapphire: You're screwing it up! I gotta get a new Narrator! *pulls out cell phone, dials a nimber* Hello? *Pause* Hey! How's it going? *Pause* I called `cause I need a new narrator. My current one is a headache. *Pause* So you'll do it? You're awesome! When will you be here? *Pause* Two seconds? Awesome! Buh-bye! *hangs up*

Narrator: You mean…I'm fired?

Sapphire: `Fraid so, mate.

Narrator: Fired? YEE-HA!! THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!! *runs around a little two happy*

Sapphire: -_- You know, that was my tenth Narrator this month…

Sonic: I would've never guessed…

Sapphire: Shuddup!

????: *appears* Hiya!

Sapphire: Yay! You're here! Everyone, meet…GOKU!

Goku: *grins and waves* Hey.

Sapphire: Okay, here's the script, I need you to read it as exactly as it appears, okay?

Goku: Sure! *reads script to himself, scratches head* Uh…

Sapphire: What's wrong?

Goku: What's this word? *points to script*

All: *falls down*

Sapphire: *looks at script* Piteous. Now read.

Goku: Okay! *reads script**ahem* From forth the fatal loins of these two foes. A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life; whole misadventure piteous overthrows. *looks up* Hey, this sounds like Bulma and Vegeta!

Sapphire: ….No comment…

Goku: *grins, continues to read* Do with their death bury their parents' strife. The fearful passage of their death-mark'd love…My tooth hurts…and the continuance of their parents' rage…wonder how my parents were like? Which, but their children's end, nought could remove, What's a nought? Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage; The which if you with patient ears attend, what here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend!

Sapphire: That was actually good, except for those…comments.

Goku: Thanks! I like Shakespeare!

Sapphire: On with Act 1; Scene 1!

Tails: I really don't wanna be Sampson AND Gregory. It's like I'm talking to myself!

Sapphire: Then you should be PERFECT!

Tails: I will not comment…

Sapphire: Start already!

Tails: *sigh* Fine. Gregory, o'my word, we'll not carry coals. THIS IS SO GAY!

Sapphire: HUSH MORTAL! Continue as directed.

Tails: O.O (as Gregory): No, for then we should be colliers. (as Sampson): I mean, an we be in cholar, we'll draw. (as Gregory): TO BE OR NOT TO BE!

Sapphire: That's not in the script!

Tails: I was bored.

Sapphire: -_-

Fast forward

Knuckles: Why must I do this?

Sapphire: `Cause, I'm cooler.

Knuckles: You wish…

Sapphire: WHAT WAS THAT?!

Knuckles: O.O I said, I have an itch!

Sapphire: Oh, okay!

Knuckles: *sigh, reads script real quick, throws it aside, in bored tone* Rebellious subjects, enemies to peace, profaners of this neighbor-stained steel, -- Will they not hear? What, ho! You men, you beasts, that quench the fire of your pernicious rage. With purple fountains issuing from your veins, on pain of torture, from those bloody hands. Throw your mistemper'd weapons to the ground, and hear the sentence of your moved prince. Three civil brawls, bred of an airy word, by thee, old Capulet, and Montague, have thrice disturb'd the quiet of our streets, and made Verona's ancient citizens. Cast by their grave beseeming ornaments, to wield old partisans, in hands as old, Canker'd with peace, to part your canker'd hate: If ever you disturb our streets again, your lives shall pay the forfeit of the peace. For this time, all the rest depart away: You Capulet; shall go along with me: And Montague, come you this afternoon, to know our further pleasure in this case, to old Free-town, our common judgment-place. One more, on pain of death, all men depart.

All: O.O *silence, shocked*

Rouge: Wow Knuckles! That was…incredible! Even better than…COOKIES!

Sapphire: I'm impressed, Knuckles…

Sonic: I can do better…

Amy: Yep!

Rouge: Nope

Tails: Why do I have TWO tails?

Sapphire: Moving on…

Tails: I'm Benvolio too??

Sapphire: Yeppers.

Tails: Why can't Shadow be him?

Sapphire: Shadow's someone else. Don't know who yet. Now on with the show!

Tails: *sighed* Good-morro-

Sapphire: You know what, I think I will make Shadow Knuckles cousin!

Shadow: *appears* Why am I here?

Sapphire: To play in Shakespeare's Play!

Shadow: Which one? Hamlet?

Sapphire: Nope! Romeo and Juliet!

Shadow: WHAT?! NO!

Sapphire: Don't worry. You aren't Romeo or Juliet.

Shadow: *sighs in relief* That's good, so, who am I?

Sapphire: Benvolio! Romeo's Cuz!

Shadow: -_- Yippee.

Sapphire: I knew you were excited.

Shadow: I'm bursting with joy.

Sapphire: Great! Now, go!

Shadow: *reads from script* Good-morrow, cousin…Morrow?

Knuckles: ….-_- Is the day so young?

Shadow: No, it's old. I mean, But new struck nine…new struck nine?

Sapphire: You are ruining the script, Shadie!

Shadow: Don't call me that!

Knuckles: *ahem* Ay me! Sad hours seem long. Was that my father that went hence so fast?

Rouge: Knuckles, you're taking this a little too seriously, don't you think?

Sonic: I think he is…oh man, I really wish I wasn't Romeo now!

Sapphire: Gay humor, what a treat.

Knuckles/Sonic: I'm not gay!!

Sapphire: ^_^ Lets go to Act 1: Scene Five.

Knuckles: I refuse to do this part.

Sapphire: Refuse and perish.

Knuckles: You suck…fine…*ahem* If I profane with my unworthiest hand. This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this: My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready to stand, to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.

All: *snickers…* Hehehe…HAHAHAHA!!

Knuckles: -_-() This is so embarrassing.

Sapphire: It sure is, and to think, you're talking to a guy!

Knuckles: UGH!

Sapphire: Your part, Juliet, I mean, SONIC!

Sonic: I hate my life…Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, which mannerly devotion shows in this; for saints have hands that…I CAN'T GO ON!

Sapphire: Fine. Fast forward. Who's the nurse?

Rouge: Me!

Tails: HELLOOO NURSE!

Rouge: ….

Sapphire: Oookaaay…

Sonic: Come hither, nurse. What is young gentleman?

Rouge: The son and heir of old Tiberio.

Sonic: Um, what's he that now is going out door?

Rouge: Marry, that, I think, be young Petrucio.

Sonic: What's he that follows there, that would not dance? My stomach hurts…

Rouge: *ignores him* I know not.

Sonic: Go ask his name: if he married. My grave is like to be my wedding bed.

Amy: Am I shall be buried with you!

Sonic: Lord, don't let me die anytime soon…

Rouge: O.o Uh…His name is Romeo, and a Montague; the only son of your great enemy.

Sonic: He is my great enemy all right…I mean, my only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me, that I must love a loathed enemy.

Rouge: Dude, what's this? What's this?

Sapphire: Rouge, you weren't supposed to say `dude'.

Rouge: Whatever…

Sonic: A rhyme I learn'd even now, of one I danced withal.

Sapphire: That'sa wrap! Time for Act 2!

Sonic: Couldn't we have a break first?

Sapphire: No break is such! To be hold with a wither touch!

Sonic: Dude…This play is getting to her head.

Knuckles: *nods*

Sapphire: Goku, narrate! As it is your fate!

Goku: Okay-dokay! *Reads* Now old desire doth in his death-bed lie, and young affection gapes to be his heir! That fair for which love groan'd for and would die, with tender Soniliet (Sonic and Juliet, *snicker*) match'd, is now not fair. Now Knuxeo is beloved and loves again, alike betwitched by charm of looks, but to his foe supposed he must complain. And she steal love's sweet bait from fearful hooks: being held a foe, he may not have access. To breathe such vows as lovers use to swear; and she as much in lust…oh, that's love, in love, her means much less. To meet her new-beloved any where: but passion lends them power, time means, to meet, tempering extremities with extreme sweet.

Sonic: I'm not gay!

Knuckles: You sure?

Sonic: Of course I'm sure!

Knuckles: Could've fooled me, what with you running from Amy all the time.

Sonic: I'll prove to you I'm not gay! *grabs Amy and kisses her, let goes after a minute* THERE!

Amy: O_O

Knuckles: Wow, shut me right up.

Sapphire: Okay! We'll going to Act 1: Scene 2! ACTION!

Knuckles: Uh…okay, But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Soniliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon! Who is already sick and pale with grief, that thou her maid art far more fair than she: be not her maid, since she is envious; Her vestal livery is but sick and green, and none but fools do wear it; cast it off. It is my lady, O, it is my love! *turns slightly green* O, that she knew she were! She speaks yet she says nothing: what of that? Her eye discourses; I will answer it. I am too bold, `tis not to me she speaks: two of the fairest stars in all the heaven, having some business, do entreat her eyes, to twinkle in their spheres till they return. What if her eyes there, they in her head? The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars, as daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven. Would through the airy region stream so bright. That birds would sing and think it were not night. See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand! O' that I were a glove upon that hand, that I might touch that cheek!

Sapphire: Excellent, Knuckles! That was wonderful!

Knuckles: Never, EVER, make me do that again! That was disgusting!

Sapphire: Sonic turn!

Sapphire: Just wait.

Knuckles: Why do I have the longer lines?

Sapphire: `Cause I like you best. ^_^

Knuckles: Whatever. She speaks: O, speak again, bright angel *thinking: I'm gonna be sick…* for thou art, as glorious to this night, being o'er my head, as is winged messenger of heaven…

Rouge: Me!

Knuckles: ….Unto the white-upturned wondering eyes, of mortals that fall back to gaze on him. When he bestrides the lazy-pacing clouds. And sails upon the bosom of the air.

Sonic: O Knuxeo, Knuxeo! Wherefore art thou Knuxeo? Deny thy father and refuse they name; Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet.

Sapphire: *trying soooo hard not to laugh*

Knuckles: *aside* Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?

Sonic: `Tis but thy name that is my enemy; thou art thyself, though not a Montague? What's Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot, nor arm, nor face, nor any part belong to a man. O, be some other name! What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet; So Knuxeo would, were he not Knuxeo call'd, retain that dear perfection which he owes without that title. Knuxeo, doff thy name, and for that name which is no part of thee, take all myself.

Knuckles: That's it! I'm not doing this stupid play anymore!

Sonic: Me either! That was the most humiliating thing I have ever done in my pitiful life!

Amy: O_O

Rouge: *in an Austrian accent* By golly! I think she's in shock!

Tails: Boo!

Sapphire: Zzzzzzzzzzzz….

All: …*evil grin*

Knuckles: She's asleep! No more Shakespeare's play!! No more school, no more books, no more Sappy's dirty look!

Sonic: Be quiet or you wake her!

Knuckles: Oops…

All: *looks at Sapphire expectedly*

Sapphire: Tarosamo, Tarosamo…wherefore art thou Tarosamo? Zzzzzzzz….

All: O.o

~*~*~*~*~

Tarosamo: Wherefore art thou am I?

~*~*~*~*~

That was…fun…^_^