Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Emerald's Child ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

_UsagiGirl_: Just the end to go. Enjoy, and thanks for your support!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Midori awakened to seeing her father hunched over her. She lay on her bed, and had to blink because of the bright sunlight shining in her eyes through the window.

"She's awake!" Knuckles' voice called out. Three more figures rushed around Midori, but she couldn't make out all of their faces.

"Oh, honey! Are you okay? Do you know who I am? How many fingers am I holding up?" Midori heard her mother ask frantically.

"Uh, yes, my mother, and 4," Midori replied.

"Of course she's okay! She's a tough kid, she'll bounce back!" Midori figured out it was Mikage from her voice.

"Well, aren't you going to say something?" Knuckles asked of the last person, who Midori could still not identify. "Well?"

"Um, thank you, I suppose," said the voice of Hiromasa. She was curious to find out who he really was, so sat up, making her head spin. Everyone stepped back from Midori's sudden movement.

"Wha-" Midori began, but Knuckles, who seemed to guess her question and not want it asked, nudged his wife.

"Midori, dear, come inside and get something to eat!" Tikal asked, grabbing Midori's hand and pulling her into their kitchen.

"Mum, how'd I get back here?" Midori asked, while Tikal started making her some grilled cheese.

"Shadow brought you back dear, after you fainted on your little trip," Tikal answered.

"Shadow? Uh, Who's Shadow?" Midori asked.

"Ah! I was right! You did get amnesia! I'll go call a doctor!" Tikal exclaimed.

"Don't. It's okay," said Hiromasa calmly from the door. Stepping towards Midori, he continued, "My real name is Shadow. I'm an old-er-friend of your dad's who volunteered to help. I didn't want to jeopardize our safety by letting you know my name before. Ya know, just in case." Midori saw the black and red hedgehog for the second time.

"Wait, when did we become friends?" Knuckles asked from the doorway.

"Anyway," Shadow continued, ignoring Knuckles, "thanks for everything Tikal, but we have to get going. You know, stuff to do…" Mikage appeared at Shadow's side, and they both walked to the door. Knuckles came out shortly after them.

"Good riddance you filthy bums," Midori heard Knuckles mutter to himself. To Shadow and Mikage, he brightly lied, "We'll miss you! Don't forget to write!"

"You're leaving already? But, you two just got here! I mean, do you have to leave so soon?" Midori asked, despite her father's angry expression.

"Yeah, sorry kid, we have some, uh, business to take care of. We'll come back to visit if we can."

Midori watched the two leave, and, though she was sad, she knew, deep in herself, that they were destined to meet again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

_UsagiGirl_: Yay! Happy ending…kind of. I hope you all enjoyed the story! Read my other fics & poems, and as always, R&R!