Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Life and Adventures of Rouge the Bat ❯ Me vs. myself (part 1) ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter six- Me vs. Myself part one  

It had finally reached the day when Rouge was healed. She could now fly and walk like normal, though her walk had some sort of a limp. She was able to fix the crack in the ceiling, and also was able to go over to Joe’s bar and pay him for the coffee that she was going to repay him for.

Rouge was returning the wheelchair to Tails’ house, when it happened. She reached the front door of the fox head-shaped house, she heard a loud scream. It seemed to be coming from Tails’ house. Rouge ran up to the door.

“Ahhh!” cried the screaming voice. Rouge listened and heard the screaming slowly disappearing. Rouge knocked on the door. No one answered. Next, she tried the doorbell. Still, no answer. Finally, Rouge just kicked down the door and hurried in.

“Sonic? Tails?” She called. Then, Rouge gasped. The whole house was a complete mess. Papers, wood, and concrete littered the floor. Rouge surveyed the area and found a huge hole in the wall.

“I wonder why I didn’t notice that outside?” Rouge asked herself. Then, she figured it had appeared there before she got to Tails’ house.

Rouge searched through the house for Sonic and Tails. Looking under their beds, inside cupboards, and anywhere else those two would be, Rouge found nothing. She searched and searched and searched some more in the mess on the floor, and still found nothing. It was certain- Sonic and Tails had been kidnapped!

Rouge looked around the hole in the wall. It certainly looked like something broke through it. And if Tails had been experimenting with his chemical sand they exploded, they defiantly would left ash and burn marks around it. And it was highly improbable that anyone could break Tails’ wall- It’s made of six-inch-thick steel. Rouge decided to get help before she wouldn’t be able to locate them. Rouge flew back to Club Rouge as fast as she could.

Shadow was lying on the couch when Rouge burst in. Shadow was so startled that he rocketed off of the couch in surprise.

“Shadow, something terrible has happened to Sonic and Tails!” Rouge cried.

Shadow, getting off of the floor, said, “Oh, they probably just got affected by one of Tails’ screwed-up inventions.”

“No!” Rouge shouted. “They’ve been kidnapped!”

“How could that be?” Shadow asked. Just then, the TV screen flashed on. The screen showed a shadowy metal silhouette. It started speaking.

“Your friends have been captured.” it said. “If you wish have them returned, bring the Chaos Emeralds to Dr. Eggman’s hideout. Or you’ll never see them again.” The screen flashed off.

Shadow and Rouge exchanged confused looks with each other for a moment.

“Should we bring him the Chaos Emeralds?” Shadow asked.

“If we want Tails and Sonic unharmed, we’ll have to.” Rouge said, heading to the safe where she kept the Chaos Emeralds locked. “But we’ll have to be careful. Eggman will probably spring a trap on us.”

“Duh! We’re dealing with Eggman, the biggest double-crosser of all time!” Shadow replied, but got up to get his motorcycle started up.

Rouge followed suit and soon they were rapidly speeding off toward the marked location on Shadow’s map.