Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Life and Adventures of Rouge the Bat ❯ A new bat in town ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter seven: A new Bat in Town  

Rouge handed the glass of lemonade to Tails. He took a sip, and then returned to fixing the hole in his wall. Already, he, Sonic, Rouge, Shadow, and even Knuckles had cleaned up the house, but were still repairing the house.

“Thanks, Rouge.” Tails said, placing another brick in the cement spread.

“No problem.” Rouge replied. She nailed together a broken cabinet. Shadow returned with some boards and he and Knuckles re-did the floor. Sonic walked by with a can of paint and started painting what Shadow and Knuckles had already done.

“So, is there an estimate on how long it’s going to take the five of us to finish this?” Knuckles asked.

“About a month and a half, provided that the weather holds up.” Tails replied.

A shadowy figure walked up behind Tails.

“Uhh, Tails…” Sonic warned.

Tails turned around to see a tall, grey bat, wearing a zipped up leather jacket, and blue jeans. He had boots the color of his eyes, green, and there was a green diamond on a gold necklace around his neck. He had partially spiked up hair. His black wings were folded up behind him. He had strong arms and legs.

“Hey, looks like you could use some help.” he said.

“Uhh, sure…” Tails said. He handed the bat some bricks, which he easily held, and he quickly piled them up on the wall, perfectly aligned.

“Whoa…” Sonic said in astonishment.

Knuckles thought otherwise. “So he’s strong, big whoop.”

“What’s your name?” Shadow asked.

“Name’s Point, Point the Bat.” said Point.

“Well, Point, welcome aboard! This is Rouge, Shadow, Sonic, Knuckles, and I am Tails!” Tails said, point to each one respectively.

After about six hours, Point had helped out a lot. The whole house was fixed.

“Impressive!” Tails said. “Thanks for fixing my house!”

“Ah, it was nothing. But I DO need a place to stay. After all, I arrived here in Station Square today.” Point said.

“Hmm…” Shadow was thinking. “How about you come and stay at Club Rouge? We have enough rooms.”

Rouge thought this over too. “Okay, that sounds good. C’mon, I’ll give you a tour of Night Babylon. Meet you at home, Shadow!”

Rouge spread her wings and Point followed suit. They took off and flew into the night sky.

“See you later, Tails.” and Shadow drove off on his motorcycle.

Rouge and Point returned later in the afternoon- Night Babylon was a huge place, after all.

“And, to top off the tour, the biggest place here- Club Rouge!” Rouge said, holding out her arm.

“Whoa.” was all Point could say after looking up at the huge building.

“C’mon, I’ll show you your room.” The two went into the casino, club, place and Point was shown his room. It was two rooms down the hall and across from Rouge and Shadow’s room.

Shadow came from the laundry room and handed Point some bed sheets and his luggage.

“I think you’ll need the keys.” he said, and unlocked the door for him. Point entered, and, after looking around, put his stuff down and flopped onto the bed, exhausted.

“Thanks.” yawned Point.

“No problem.” answered Rouge.