Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Light and the Dark Side of Amy ❯ The Wolf's Fang ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((The Light and Dark Side: Chapter 4)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(((The Wolf's Fang)))

*~*DISCLAIMER*~*

Woah! I got to chapter four, already! I'm already starting to like this fanfic as others are starting to as well. I have ONE review already! (Eyes begin to water as weird people dressed in angel Halloween costumes behind her are singing "halaylulah") I feel so special. Anyway I don't own anyone except for Nyako, Heat, Red, Darlene, the guardian beasts, and (It's the earth's last second before it blows up because of the sun) and quibble the dancing gnome dude and-why is everything turning so bright? (Earth blows up)


*~*

Devi heaved the groceries as her delicate, and almost bare, feet stepped out of Berney's Grocery shop. Her sandals were aching in between her toes but it seemed propitiate for the occasion. The sun was here to stay for quite a while everyday now. Tourists were wreaking havoc on the beach, amusement parks, and basically anywhere else that sells anything as little as a few cones of melting ice cream.

Her heavy-duty, yet itchy, straw hat tipped back a bit and she leaned for a little to put it back in it's place without dropping the groceries or risking any harmful UV rays hitting her skin or quills. She was purchasing the groceries now with her mobians but their money was running out and soon they'd have to get real jobs somewhere.

`It can't be too hard to find a job. Angie could find a job somewhere at a daycare taking care of a few little brats- er-children and I could find some muscle work for me to do. They will have their `human' money soon enough.' Devi thought. She stopped to see a newspaper machine. She stopped by and slipped in a few coins to get the `Station Square Times' only for the classified ads page. She rolled up the bundle of papers and slipped it in one of her two grocery bags.

She walked again and guess who she ran into?

"Hey Devi." Said a startling voice from her right causing her to jump. She saw who it was and relaxed. It was Sonic Takeshi Hedgehog grinding on the rails on the right side of the sidewalk.

She made a little groan and continued to walk on.

She kept her eyes on the sidewalk straight ahead and asked impatiently, "What are you doing here?" Sonic kept on grinding down the rails and would jump over the gaps that came and sometimes over a few bystanders' heads.
"You aren't happy to see me?" Sonic questioned looked at her putting little, if not any, effort into grinding on the rails but grinding and hopping over the gaps just as well as he did just a second ago with his eyes focused down at the rails.

Devi was some how stunned and amazed at how at ease he was at grind and she asked wide-eyed, "How do you do that?"

He was never going to get an answer from her, only questions.

"Hey, I'm a pro at this stuff. I can do it in my sleep." Sonic said pressing on. He then added "Literally." She smirked at him as he did the same in return.

"Hey Sonic, your ego is showing." She sweetly.

"Ha ha ha. Very funny." He come-backed. She then added, "Very funny, indeed." They both laughed at this and Devi began to turn left as Sonic kept gliding off straightforward.

"I live over here Sonic and I'm going back to the hotel to drop off my groceries. Well SEE YOU SOON!" She yelled as Sonic went farther and farther into the distance. He kept staring off in Devi's direction but didn't notice the-

"Ouchies."

-wall. He slowly slid off the wall and fell on the cold, filthy street and tumbled over a pile of rolling garbage cans.

"Ow." He said standing up.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((In the SA2 Chao Garden)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Red looked worriedly at her new and first true friend, Heat. He wasn't sure really what had stirred her awake so violently.

"What's wrong?" Heat asked also a bit tired since he they both woke up from their afternoon naps.

"I had…a dream." Red said blankly.

"Was it a bad dream? Because if it was, then it must be a nightmare." Heat told her but Red shook her head.

"No, it wasn't bad at all. It was just…mysterious." Red told him. Heat scratched his bent bunny ear and his eyebrow rose.

"What do you mean by `mysterious'?" Heat asked. Red then took a few steps and sat down. She began draw a bunch of straight lines and many scribbles above them. As she finished adding brown color between the trees and sky blue in a box not touch the green insides of the scribbles, and it turns out that it is a drawing of a forest. She laid down the many different colored pieces of chalk and…

Dream recall…

The forest drawing is now a forest, as we see. A younger normal version of Red is running about, climbing trees, being chased by all sorts of predators, and sneaking up on her own prey as well.

"It started out in the middle of some lush forest. I don't know exactly where but I think it was the forest in the Mystic Ruins."

"Mystic Ruins?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot most of you chao don't get out much."

"Hey! I atleast got to go to the mall! And play Dance Dance something!"

"Yeah but that's not too far away from here. I'm talking about this place FILLED with the highest of trees."

"Oh." Said their voices. You can't see them, since we're viewing the dream and not them.

Then we see the younger version of Red gathering a couple of nuts, and berries, and even a dead bird. But from afar, we see red, glowering eyes with in the shadows.

"Anyhow…I'm running around finding myself food in this place and naturally that would be acorns and berries."

"Weren't there any triangle fruit?"

"No, there weren't any triangle fruit."

"Ah, but I love triangle fruit!"

"This is my dream! You can dream about triangle fruit all you want! Now let me continue!"

"Okay…as long as you didn't get any coconut fruits. Yuck!"

"LET ME CONTINUE!"

" (Gulp) Go on."

"Thank you."

The Red in the dream kneels down to collect a fallen acorn when a gray paw is seen crushing over the little nut. The wolf was at he least bit growling. But the young Red's eyes grew wide at the sight and opened her mouth as if screaming.

"As I was saying I was searching for my food since my owner, Nyako, doesn't feed me or take me back to the chao garden to atleast have them take care of me. Then I was running along on my way to Acorn City when suddenly wolf popped out of a bush. He didn't look like the hounds I've ever seen before. And when he open his mouth to show off his fangs, one of them were missing! And that wasn't even the strangest part! His large fang, the one that's naturally larger than the others, was…GOLD! The other opposite one that was supposed to be on the right was missing! Can you believe it?"

"And then what?"

"I woke up!"

"Well, that was a short dream…"

"Well, I couldn't keep it going even longer! So sorry!"

"Wait a minute…"

Dream's recall end…

"That's just how I met my manta ray friend! HEY, you killed him!"

"Did not! You did since you were all ` I'm the hero and all and I'll save him for all the glory and fame' but he decided to turn on you."

"HEYYYY! He was my FRIEND and I actually, even if I didn't know him for long, CARED about him!"

"Yeah, yeah Mr. Goody Too-shoes."

"Well dreams like that don't come to often. And I was thinking…if we found that tooth of his…" Red trailed off. Then Heat began grinning.

"Then we could…"Red began.

"Put it under one of our pillows and we'll get a lot of money from the tooth fairy!" Heat yelled and Red smacked herself.

"No dummy! We can find it and sell it and THEN we'd get a lot of money."

"But what's so good about moneys? I mean that stuff smells like blood when Devi flipped all those pictures of these ugly, old animal people on those green pieces of papers. She called it mobians though."

"Well dollars are the same way but with ugly, old REGULAR people on them. And you can GET stuff with dollars."

"But I already got this cool Robo-Bunny from winning that race! Watch this! Come here Melody!" Heat called out as a giant furry rodent hopped out from nowhere right before the startled Red with its long ears and soft artificial pink fur. She had a giant yellow Sakura flower on her right side and also a circular computer screen in the middle of the Cherry Blossom. (A/n: If you couldn't figure out why I replaced cherry blossom and Sakura with each other then…YOU AREN'T A *real* ANIME FAN! Wait, the Sonic I'm talking about isn't the evil Archie sonic. BUT STILL! THAT'S THE MAIN REASON PEOPLE CHOOSE TO COME TO READ FANFICS HERE! BECAUSE IT'S MAINLY RUN BY ANIME FAN MANIACS! (Takes a deep breathe and everything is all honky dory).)

"This is my friend, Melody! Her name is Red." Heat greeted. Melody twitched her ears a bit and nodded as if Heat had given an order.
"Voice command accepted. `Red' has been added to `friend list'." Melody said but her mouth remained closed. Heat hugged the adorable robot and its red pupils stared at Red.

"I love my little robot bunny, Red! She does all these cool things! Watch this, Red! Melody, activate the television!" Heat said as the Robotic hare nodded and the computer at the center of the Sakura flower had changed into a channel with a few on-screen buttons. (For example: An up button, down button, number pad to tap in the channel number, volume…) And that all you had to do was touch where they were on the screen and automatically it'd be activated.

"Wow that is one super rabbit." Red said.

"I know! And she can also do this! Melody, activate the radio!" Heat command. Once the rabbit nodded, the television screens had turning into a screen with the buttons on the bottom from the television's menu but with a straight line running through the whole screen. When music began playing, the lines began to jump up and down rapidly but then slowed as the music began to grow fuzzy.

"Guess you can't get good reception for the radio here." Red said looking about in their chao garden.

"Nonsense. I just have to reposition the antennas." Heat told her as he hopped behind the rabbit's neck and moved her ears in different ways until the music flowed clear once again. He hopped off as Melody's ears remained in that position.

"There." Heat said wiping his hands.

"I guess you really don't need money." Red said with both ending up laughing their heads off. Melody's eyes then flashed an alarming yellow as the radio menu changed back to the TV.

The two chao to a moment to look at the sudden unexpected event. The television had automatically switched to the news channel.

The headline for the live-recorded mishap was "Souvenirs not worth buying."

"It seems nothing is safe anymore, folks. Earlier just now, Robin the robin had been another one of the summer's tourists. At the Emerald Coast Flea Market, after purchasing a piece of gold to take back to his wife, he was viciously robbed of the golden piece by a stray wolf. As mad as it sounds, even animals have turned against us. In other news…" The TV had a static and Melody's eyes turned back to their red state.

"Hey! That was my wolf friend on that channel!" Red exclaimed at her friend.

"Well, by the way he attacked that poor bird guy and stole his piece of gold I can't think how you and him could be friends." Heat said. Red pouted and shook her head.

"No. Didn't you see? That wasn't just a `piece of gold'! It was a golden FANG! HIS golden fang. That bird brain was trying to rob HIM." Red said.

"Well, couldn't he have asked kindly for it back instead menacingly attack the guy and snatching it?" Heat asked.

"Do wolves ask `kindly' for their things back?" Red asked rhetorically. Heat just sighed and shook his head.

"I guess not…" Heat murmured. Red nodded proudly in triumph and put her paws on her waist.

"You just got be like a wolf to know what wolf does and reacts to things." Red told him, as he was struck confused by what she just said to him.

"Does that mean you're like a wolf?" Heat asked honestly not trying to offend her but it was no use. Her cheeks puffed up and her eyes glared at him.

"No it doesn't!" She yelled.

"Well that's too bad. I think wolves are really pretty and nice when you really get to know them." Heat said innocently. Red then blushed, thinking that Heat was complimenting her.

"What? Wolves ARE awesome!" He yelled jumping onto a rock and he began to scratch the back of his head with his foot. Then he set it down by his side and he stood tall and high and howled to an unseen moon.

But the howl came out almost too real!

Out pounced the wolf as seen on the television. Instead of snarling…he looked quite nervous.

He shifted his head around and said, "They're coming to get me!" He then thought of an idea. He illuminated and soon, in his place, was a silver chao with gray fur with all the traces and parts of the wolf and the golden fang tied around his neck.

"Now I can hide in this chao garden and…" He said but he noticed that Heat and Red were staring back at him with wide eyes and their jaws reaching down to their toes, well not really but you all know what I mean.

"Oops. I've got a lot of explaining, don't I?" He said scratching behind his head.

"Yes…You certainly do." Red said. He cleared his throat and began to speak.

"As you all know, an evil cat is on the loose, trying to steal golden cat parts."

"Well I saw him in the mall. He had orange fur with brown stripes all over."

"That sounds a lot like Nyako…"

The bewildered gray chao raised his eyebrow and asked, "You've heard of him?"

"He is-WAS my owner. I abandoned him though. Although he just kept me in the forest and went into his secret hiding place somewhere, where it may be in the Mystic Ruins. I never got the chance to actually visit him. Instead he was the one visiting me. But I had to learn to catch my own meals, to venture to find my own shelter, and to seek my own water holes ALONE with none his help. And he dares to call himself MY owner."

"I guess that's what I'd expect from him." The wolf chao with it's silver skin and dark gray highlights in it's already gray cur.

"He tried to steal Angies Cat's eye wand!" Heat told him.

"Well, let me fill you in on this…Nyako is seeking these cat parts for his maniacal plan. "

"Cat parts? What do you mean?"

"Well, for example, that golden triangle you have hanging around your neck."

"You mean this? Well, it was my friend Manta ray's nose." Heat told him as he clutched the golden nose's end.

"That's actually a cat's nose belonging to the Master Neko's statue."

"So why did Nyako want me to get it for him then?" Red asked.

"Let me just tell the story of Master Neko and everything will be crystal clear. Long ago, a strange as is was, there was a land ruled by gigantic animals 10 times their normal size. But they were trapped inside their own kingdom, not knowing what the rest of the world was like. But none was as tall, or mighty as the Master Neko. He was an enormous feline, if I don't say so myself. However, he knew of his powers from the second he was born into existence among the other extremely big animals. He knew that every other being that even lived among him could never overpower him. So his confined power grew him restless, as did staying in only that kingdom to save the world from him. Then the time came when he couldn't stand keeping his power to himself, he burst open the doors with help of his thick skull and locked the rest of the animals trapped within the walls of their confinement so that no other animal was able to stop him.

But what he did with those animals paled in comparison to what chaos he carried behind him to the poor innocent people that he crossed paths with. The only animals he did trust and that were trustworthy in return, were cats. Whether they stood on their hind legs or not, it seemed that the world be filled only with cats in the grim future.

However, there was hope and it did pull us through. A mouse, two legged and having arms, was apparently not happy with this. He went to heavens' skies and journeyed through the glass desert (A/n: I'm making all these places up as I go along. OKAY?! Actually…I was think of Secret of Mana2 or Seiken Densetsu 3's Glass Desert…And I was also thinking of the Mana Holyland or the Pureland from that game series as well.) And he retrieved a golden powder. Then he met with Master Neko like he planned to. And with a flick of the wrist, the mouse threw the powder onto the cat and was trapped by a golden encasement. And off came the seven parts of that huge cat. First off was his nose. Then came his tail and his paw. He then afterwards lost his ear and his fang, which is a part of my mouth now when I'm a regular wolf. He lost his bell from his red collar along with these parts. And finally came his emerald eye. Before any of the outraged kittens could get their mitts on his parts, Anon, the mouse, (A/n: I couldn't help but put a mouse named Anon after you, Anon. Forgive me if I wasn't supposed to use it in here but I just couldn't help it! ^__^.) And carried off to several parts of the world, to find animal guardians. He even managed to gain the help of a dragon and a phoenix. They each closely guarded their parts and remained hidden whenever their part was in no danger. But of course, there were those cat people. Normal cats knew when they were defeated and became clever, yet simple creatures that befriended humans or at the least didn't hate them. But the cat walkers would not let themselves go down like that. Survivors of Master Neko's rampaging accused them of many crimes and many of them were sentenced to their death. The race of furmorph cats had almost diminished except for a few runaways.

But the runaways weren't all that lucky in getting their offspring to believe in their beliefs that cats ruled everything. Then came the two brothers, Nyako…and Big. Nyako was not a very loving brother towards Big. Big was quite an eater and clumsy but had a heart of gold. It seemed he had an infinite amount of patience when it came to fishing and even just waiting around. Big got his purple fur from their mother and Nyako got his orange fur trait from their father.

Both brothers were extremely different from each other. Big was greatly fond of his little brother, Nyako, as well as fishing. But Nyako was more set into the beliefs of Master Neko than Big and anything else. Nyako had run away from under the care of his older brother and began to dedicate his entire life to just Master Neko and his statue. They both grew up from being children and Big sort of forgot about his brother as he gained a pet frog as his new companion. Nyako didn't forget Big though he would've liked to. It seems they are the only descendants of cats people left. And legend has it that the only way to turn Master Neko from being an intimate object is the lost body parts. But once attached back onto Master Neko, he will be free.
And well…that's my story." Finished the wolf chao.

"Wow…" Both chao said in amazement.

"How'd you know about my owners?" Heat asked.

"Heat, I know who you are and I know who you are also, Red. An animal guardian must know EVERYTHING about what they're dealing with. Since the Manta ray and Dragon are out, it's up to me to watch over that nose around your neck and at the least retrieve the bell back while making sure the fang stays rightfully tied to my neck.

"And why must you do all that?" Red asked.

"That's just how it works, Red. One guardian goes out, I must replace them. In this case it was the Dragon and the Manta Ray. And if you didn't know, it was me speaking to you mentally." The wolf chao said lying down on the floor.

"But wait! If there's a guardian for every part, how come no animal came to protect Angie and the Cat's eye?" Heat asked.

"Well…she didn't have to come out to protect that eye because it was a part of a wand. And since Angie was casting multiple spells, it was practically protecting itself. She has a lot of common sense, you know." He told Heat.

"What is she?" Heat asked.

"She…is the phoenix." Wolfie told him.

"So let me get this straight…We've got 3 parts…and Nyako has only 1? Does that mean we've got him beat?"

"Yes. That's how it so far. But there are still 3 more pieces out there." Wolf said wandering to a good spot, sitting down upon it, and yawning.

"Now if you excuse me…I want to get some sleep. All this story telling and cat-and-mouse with the police is driving me up the wall. I need…a…little…sleeeeeppppp…" He said as he fell on his stomach and snoring away.

Heat then kneeled over him and poked his chubby gray cheek and said, "He's really tired…"
"Of course. Both of us would've been if put in his place. But what are we going to do now? Nyako could snatch while he's in La La land easily. And we're only chao! How the heck are we going to fight a cat like him."

"What do you mean? It's not like Nyako is a special kung-fu cat or something…" Heat said.

"No…But he knows how to put up his dukes and he might have extra motivation if I go up against him…" Red told Heat.

"But why? I thought all owners love their chao and would never want to hurt them." Heat said back.

"But he did hurt me before and he still finds pleasure in doing so! I failed him in stealing the Cat's nose and now he feels the need to whoop my butt even more!" Red yelped.

"So…What should we call him?" Asked Red changing the subject.

"Wolfie! He can be our new friend!" Heat said.

"Voice command accepted. `Wolfie' has been added to `friend list'." Said Melody from behind them.

"Oi! You scared me, Melody!" Heat said.

"I apologize." Melody's computerized voice told them.

"It can talk?" Red asked.

"I would liked to be preferred as she, or Melody. After all, Melody is more of a feminine name."

"Okay. Whatever Melody." Red said back.

Heat suddenly grew very cautious of their wolf friend's well being and spoke up to say "I think we should take him back to Angie and Devi's apartment…Anybody could come and easily take away his golden fang, including Nyako! Besides, I think we should tell Angie and Devi all this."

Red thought it over in under a minute and nodded in agreement, showing that she favored his idea. She cleared her throat and asked Heat, "Well…I guess that's the best thing to do. Where exactly are they?"

"Well they're over at the Station Square Hotel. Do you think the deck clerk will let us in?" Heat asked wanting to make sure that no small troubles interfered with hiding in their owner's hotel room. Red pondered over it for just a moment. She then remembered the sanitary landfill was not that far at all from behind the back of the chao garden and her mind wandered upon what garbage and trash was being disposed there. Ordinary food containers and receptacles, broken or damaged electronics and machinery, old, torn and filthy clothing…Red revealed her sharp teeth and her ruby eyes were now wide open as that light bulb in her head had finally burned bright with electricity.

Red began rubbing her little lion claws together and informed Heat, "I know a way for him to let us in…"

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Station Square Hotel Lobby)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

The automatic door slid open and a strange character came in wobbling and fail to walk steadily. He had a tall, bent top hat and a brown overcoat filled all over the place with holes with sleeves that appeared way oversize for whoever it was and a filthy stench that dragged in the flies and gnats. His pants were too baggy and had a few patches here and there along with one or two holes. The desk clerk cringed and warned them, "I don't need beggars around here to try and freeload. So get out if you are about to attempt to do so!"

"Well actually, I was here to visit my cousins for your information." Answered a clearly fake deep voice. Within the trashy clothes were three chao. They were towering over another to even walk right. Red was at the bottom and carrying the heaviest burden on her shoulders, literally, since she had to walk with no help from Wolfie or Heat. Their wolf friend was still snoozing breathing a drool bubble in and out. Heat didn't have anyone to weigh him down but he still had to move his arms about and speak.

The suspicious clerk raised his eyebrow at the figure and sighed.
He sat back down relaxed and asked, "What can I do for you?"

"We- I would like to visit my cousins, Angie and Devi Rose." Heat told the clerk and he nodded in return. After flipping his book to the 200's page he spotted them right away.

"Ah, here we are. Room 216. If they aren't in, then you can call them at this phone number." The clerk said scribbling away on a sticky note and then tearing it off to hand over to them.

"Thanks." Heat said. He would've tipped is hat but then their whole cover would be blown. They walked towards the staircase whimsically and before they could step on the first step Red spoke and questioned, "How about we use the elevator?" Heat replied with a "yeah" and they turned in the elevator's direction. Before it closed, they walked inside. The other hotel guests were giving them strange looks and cringed just as the clerk did. Heat was becoming nervous as one child began to make unhappy facial expressions as he clamped his nose tight with his fingers and began to make remarks about the horrid stench. As soon as the elevator came to a stop, the other guests rushed out in relief as the disguised chao were left to slowly follow after. They made their way to the start of the 200's and began to say the room numbers out loud.

"213…214…215…Finally! 216!" Heat said as Red stopped walking at the mention of the word "finally". Heat slipped off the robe and they all fell to the ground, piling over one another, Red being under both of them.

"Get…off...me…NOW!" She yelled stand up as Heat and Wolfie fell onto the velvet carpet. Wolfie was still dormant, and heavily sleeping, and Heat straightened him out but continued to keep him up from falling forwards or backwards. Red disposed of the clothes in clothes shoot next a fern plant and tried to rub the scent from her jet-black skin. Heat lifted himself off the ground with his angel wings and pressed the white doorbell button. He then slowly settled back on the carpet and they waited there. Soon enough, approaching steps were heard and the door flung open as a disgruntled Devi stood their bobbing her head in every which direction above them.

"Down here!" Heat said grappling onto her knees happily. Wolfie was about to fall over on his stomach if it had been for the quick, and nimble Red, who just managed to catch him in a nick of time with her back. Angie's head suddenly popped out and she was very happy to see her chao along with a few of his friends. She also recognized Red from their race, since Red was in second place.

"Hey, it's that chao from the race. You raced pretty hard." Angie said throwing her arms around Red and Wolfie both. She then picked both up and couldn't recall Wolfie, and began to poke at his cheek and asked, "Who's this little fellow?"

"Red and I got a lot to explain, Angie...Devi." Heat said. Devi nodded and held the door opened wider to allow them to come in. Then she shut the door and locked it closed.


(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Room 216))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Inside was a happily eating group munching on homemade chocolate cookies they were cooked up by Angie. Even Wolfie was awake and wouldn't let drowsiness tear him apart from his plate. Devi was already finished and watching as their own pet and his friend throw the homemade goodness into their mouths and gulped down their milk every few seconds. Angie just stood their smiling sweetly and nibbling slowly on her own creation. It seemed she would be like those types of mothers and grandmothers who love to smother their children with affection. The TV was being watch by Devi right now and nothing was really on at the moment.

Wolfie then took his handkerchief and wiped his entire mouth and then neatly folded it and placed it right next to his plate, which held nothing but specs of cookie crumbs. Heat then remembered why they bothered to come.

Heat then placed his own hankie down and looked up to both his owners and told them, "Angie. Devi. Our wolf chao friend isn't actually a chao…"

"Whatever do you mean?" Angie asked.
"Well to be totally honest with you, I'm one those animals that guard the golden cat parts…" Wolfie began as Red finished.

"What are you talking about?" Devi asked.

"Well remember Ryuu? Or should I just call him `The Dragon'?" Asked Wolfie. Angie and Devi glanced at each other and then faced Wolfie once again. They nodded.

"Well he was guarding a bell that was installed at that church…it was no ordinary bell, mind you. Well…where shall I begin?" Wolfie asked.

"I'll tell them!" Heat raised his voice. Wolfie then sighed with relief and sunk deeper into his seat, nodding.

"I'll just tell it to you the short, easy-to-understand way. There's a land with giant animals and the most powerful of them is a giant cat named Master Neko. He then escapes their kingdom and locks the other animals up. Then he goes around the world trashing towns and killing people. He was brewing an army of evil cats and they were taking over the world! But then this mouse named Anon went to some Glass Desert and got this magic golden power! And when he finally reached Master Neko, he threw it and the enormous cat was now nothing more than a gold statue. 7 parts of him fell off and Anon ran off and gave the parts to animals for them to guard wherever it goes.

All the cats that were normal cats settled down but furmorph cats still remained evil and all and they were all killed on the spot! And then was Nyako, the cat we saw in the mall, and his brother, Big the cat! And they were very different from each other. Anyway, Nyako is now looking for those parts to put onto the statue of Master Neko somewhere…But we have hurry and collect those parts to keep them away from him or Master Neko will be restored! And from what Wolfie here told us…that's not good." Heat finished.

"Very well done. But I forgot to mention something that gives us even more reason to stop Niako…" Wolfie told them all. They gave him his attention and his tone became serious.

The tension rose and Devi asked, "Well? What is it?"

"Well…Not only will Master Neko be restored…But he'd be extremely bigger, and absolutely more powerful than he once was! The powder has that bittersweet effect. It can be really helpful and it can also provide more danger. Not only will this town be destroyed…but also every other city in the world will fall…us guardians don't all do a very good job in guarding our pieces. Nyako doesn't provide really any threat. But he has lackeys that back him up and `friends'." Wolfie told them rolling his eyes. Then suddenly TV's normal channel had a news bulletin!

The anxious news reporter then cleared her through as the headlines said' Robin the Robin robbed.' And then she spoke up and said, "Earlier Robin the Robin was, well, robbed of his purchased souvenir he bought to today at Emerald Coast Flea Market. So who would be up to the case? Nyako, a seemingly new detective is up to the task. We all hope that the detective amateur will solve this case soon enough. Thank you, that is all."

"It's him again…" Red murmured as the channel's previous show was on. Her eyes were blank and she was again wide-eyed. She clutched Heat into her arms and shivered cowardly.

"He's out to get us! Oh I'm so sorry, Heat! Why'd I ever drag you into me problems?" She asked.

Heat then clasped her paws together with his own and told her, attempting to comfort her, "Whether I was friend was with you or not, I'd still be in this mess since I have the nose and Angie has the Cat's eye wand and he's still after them."

Red sniffled and nodded in agreement. He smiled and looked back at Wolfie.

"And Wolfie and you needed somewhere to hide and Angie and Devi can keep a watchful eye on you two as well as myself, since I have the Cat's nose. It's even better that you knew me. As long it's al right with Angie and Devi…" Heat told them casting a sad puppy face with his pleading cerulean eyes. Angie nodded with her trademark bright smile and Devi grunted, however, nodded, as seeing she couldn't refuse THOSE eyes.

Heat stepped down onto the tiled ground and hugged their legs and glanced up at their either grateful or stubborn faces and said, "Great! You guys are wonderful!"

"You're welcome." Angie told him perching on her knees and stroking Heat's lightning bolt shaped tip of his head and planting a little kiss on his forehead. He smiled deviously, although he meant for it to be a bright smile but his devil half kicked in, and the blue halo held a bouncing heart above him.

"Yeah, yeah." Devi said groaning and she also pet his head but rather more roughly than Angie's stroking and a bit faster also. She then rolled her eyes and sat back in her chair. Angie's smiling came to an abrupt end as a rapping was heard on their door. They all stood their frozen in their spots.

Then a huff voice asked from outside and asked, "Apparently your cousin want you to pay for his laundry, girls. Can I come in?"

They all sighed with relief and Angie ran to the door as a sort of luggage man came in with a cart, which its wheels were squeaking. On top of the cart were the beggar clothes, now clean and stench-free with all the torn holes patched up, and neatly folded in a pile. Devi nodded and flipped a quarter, his tip, onto the now empty cart. The luggage man swiped the coin from the cart and tipped his small hat. He then exited the room and all was peaceful again.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Outside the Station Square Hotel…)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Outside peering up at the automatic opening doors was none other than Nyako himself. He was in a smaller overcoat, one that actually fit him, and had a smaller derby on too. He had a small spiral notebook at hand with a small pencil in the spirals.

"Somewhere in there, are 3 parts of the key to Master Neko's Resurrection." He said. He couldn't sense the parts of the golden cat like Knuckles could with the Master Emerald's shards. He simply had to pick-and-guess the whereabouts or ask around or even just lounge away on his sofa and watch the television on his crystal ball. The kitty was very eager to slave away his time to the inanimate feline. He was just about step inside the already open doors…when Big ran around the corner to find him!

"Oh no…" Nyako said panicking at the sight of his huge brother and the frog hopping alongside him. Big stared down at him with his yellow eyes and grin widely. He then crouched down and his arms wrapped around Nyako and choked him like a slithering snake could.

"Oh little brother! I missed you SOOOOO much! Where have you been all these years? I was awfully worried about you, little brother!" Big said drawing Nyako even closer to his chest and to his death. He then turned purple and struggled but couldn't resist the powerful arms. Big suddenly noticed, he's not THAT naïve, and let go , fortunately for Nyako.

"Oopsies. Sorry there, little brother of mine. I just missed you so terribly much! Where have you been all these years, Nyako?" Big asked putting his hands around his waist. Nyako lowered his ears and jabbed his head.

"You know…I've been around Mystic Ruins…" Nyako said with a finishing glare, which Big never caught. Big just stood there like the big, happy fellow he was and started asking away.

"Atleast you're able to take care of yourself, little brother! I'm so happy for you! But I always wanted to show you my pet frog, Froggy!" Big stated as Froggy hopped onto his shoulder. Big then grabbed Froggy into both his hands and glanced back at Nyako and then back at his pet.

"Froggy! This is my brother, Nyako! Say `hi', Froggy!" Big told his little amphibian friend. But Froggy hopped onto Nyako's face, as his `special' greeting and Nyako quickly tried to pull the rapid Frog off his face. When he finally did, Big caught him and was knocked back by the throw.

"Keep that thing AWAY from me!" Nyako yelled as he hastily wiped off imaginary germs that Froggy brought upon his face.

"That's just Froggy's special way of saying hello! But usually he hops onto people's shoulders rather than their faces…Oh well. Must mean that he thinks you're special to him! I wonder why he never did that to me before though…" Big asked thoughtfully. Nyako just stood there glowering at his older sibling and his little pet. He then began to enter the hotel, once again, and mumbled, "Special…yeah right."

"Wait, little brother! I was thinking…maybe we can hang around today to spend some bonding time that we've missed together for all these years!" Big suggested.

All Nyako did was shake his head violently and added, "Big, I'm here to do a job, here!"

Big lost his cheerful glow and his ears fell at the ends of his face as he asked, in a very depressed voice with little hope, "How about…AFTER you job is through?"

"I might not be around here once my `job' is through…" Nyako said. He was planning to find the twin sisters and steal whatever cat pieces they had, which he thought so far was 1. Big tilted his head and his eyes portrayed his confusion.

"What do you mean?" Big asked as well as scratching his head. Nyako stood there on the automatic door and stepped inside. Before the door slid closed, Nyako added, "Well, you'll never understand…"

Inside the Station Square, he thought, `That big oaf…" He wandered over to the elevator, the one next to the chao garden's elevator, and up to the classic dining area filled with restaurant-like tables and took a look around. There he saw Angie, Devi, and their 3 little chao. He then tipped the derby hat over his face almost completely, as Sonic and Tails entered.
"What are THEY doing here?" Nyako asked. But from afar…

"What are YOU doing here?" Devi asked referring to Sonic, once again. Sonic look a glance at Devi and found that neither her or Angie were wearing their daily outfits, but instead Devi wore spaghetti-strapped black dress that went tightly over her body and a had a slit open over her left leg. Angie wore a matching dress with a few exceptions, like the slit on her gown was on the right side and her dress was white rather than black.

Angie blushed in her own revealing gown and added, "Well…I don't think it's quite…me." She was never into those types of clothes but she was beautiful right then ad there and it appeared she was destined to wear it. Sonic held his ground firmly and Devi hadn't managed to effect him with her outfit, or so it seemed…But Tails was another story. (A/n: ^ o^ Lots of nosebleeds)

But again Nyako crept swiftly over behind the food stand and when he wasn't looking…Big came in! Big scratched his head wondering why his brother why was hiding behind there.

"Little brother, why are you hiding there?" Big asked. Nyako then pulled him down next to him and hushed him. Then, in a whisper, Big asked, "Is this a game, Nyako? Because you know I LOVE gam-" but was cut off by a hushing Nyako. Then the Cat's Eye Wand came into view! Wolfie was sleeping with it in his wrapped paws. He also saw the fang tied around the chao's neck. Nyako then smiled tom himself but thought of how he could retrieve it without anyone seeing him.

Nyako continued to ponder when his eyes met with Big's fishing rod. Then Nyako went all out to snatch the fishing rod and did just that. As he watched Devi, Angie, Sonic and Tails go along to the dance floor he got himself ready.

"What are you doing, little brother?" Big asked scratching his head once again. Nyako then threw the line and the thoughts of the line hooking on to the hand and him retrieving him were seen inside the little head of his. But it was too early to celebrate. Instead of Nyako latching the hook onto the wand, the hook latched onto the bottom lip of Wolfie, who had yawned just then!

"Holy sh-" Nyako said but his mouth was covered by Big's hand and he continued to pull Wolfie against the table he was sitting at.

"Bad, bad Nyako! You almost said a bad word!" Big lectured him. Nyako glowered at his stupid brother for ruining his cover! Wolfie threw the hook out of his mouth and flew at Nyako's face while Big watched dumbfounded.

"I'm (scratch) not (scratch) a (scratch) FISH!" Wolfie yelled and wasn't aware that Nyako had been the one he was scratching the heck out of, since the overcoat disguised his brown stripes and long tail.

"Man, everyone seems to love your face, little brother."

"Big then took his fishing rod and cast it at end of Nyako's overcoat's collar and dragged the extremely injured feline brother of his back, all the way to his small shack back in the Mystic Ruins…Poor Nyako…^__^

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((The next morning…)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"Did I get the wand? Or the fang…I didn't even remember the devil/angel chao had the fang…Anyway…Did I get any of them?" Nyako asked sitting up on the wooden bed. Big cockeyed and shook his head. Nyako let out a groan of frustration as he covered himself with the pillow and sobbed in agravation.

"Poor Nyako…I missed you so much too!" Big said also beginning to cry away. Nyako looked back at him and shook his head and just buried himself in his blanket. No one's life is perfect…especially Nyako's.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((CLIFF HANGER)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Well I'd see if I just wrote a little humor now…^__^ Sorry there wasn't any fighting like all of you wanted but I really couldn't put all that stuffs…I reread…And there might be a few spelling errors…