Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Milkshake Challenge!!! ❯ Getting Hard ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: lol again, no offense to any guys, or girls, for that matter. This stupid chapter is just for pure fun and quaint nonsense.
A/N: Special thanx to Lord of Ki LOL
 
--
 
“Getting Hard”
 
Without much passion, Shadow's gleaming eyes skimmed over the details of the event on the card.
“Well, what is it?” Amy impatiently called.
Sonic, who was standing a good distance away from her, waved the situation away and responded to her. “Leave him alone , Amy.”
Pouting cutely, she glanced over at Sonic. “If you're still upset from the last event, I've already said I was sorry! I won't bother you again...”
Sonic sighed in relief while Knuckles chuckled. “I'd put money on this one! 10 bucks says she won't do it!” he whispered slyly to Sonic.
Amy's ears picked up on it m and her eyes narrowed. “What did you say??”
“Amy, don't break your promise.” Tails spoke up meekly, only to get shouted at by the annoyed pink hedgehog.
“I didn't promise anyone anything! I just said I wouldn't bother him!”
 
Dismayed, Sonic sighed. “That didn't take long.”
“Hahaha, told you, Blue. Pay up!” Knuckles joked, waving his mitt in the expectancy of money. “Bills only, please!”
 
 
Upon hearing all this, Rouge just shook her head. “...Like children...”
Shadow said nothing, but humphed at the card and handed it back to her.
She blinked dumbfoundedly, staring at his back turned to her. “Shadow?”
“I'll do it.” he stated nonchalantly and walked back towards the others.
 
Blinking once in surprise and again confusion, Rouge wordlessly watched him leave.
Then she looked down at the card he pulled. A large toothy grin slithered across her face and she clapped her hands to get their attention.
“Hey you guys, listen up!!”
 
In their own attentive ways, they answered her call.
“What is it, bat girl?” Knuckles asked quickly, counting his money.
Shadow tossed the echidna a glare, which Knuckles returned with a thumbs down and a smile.
Silently, Shadow took that as a challenge.
 
Cheerfully, Rouge continued on. “The event Shadow picked was... Getting Hard!!!”
 
Sonic and Knuckles recoiled as if they had been hit in the gut.
“Say what?!” Sonic cried.
Knuckles growled and shook a fist. “First we had to last longer than a minute for you and NOW we have to get hard right after?!!” he complained, using the word 'hard' in a non-sensual context.
Of course, the others except Tails, didn't see it that way.
 
Sonic chuckled boyishly. “We're not machines, Rouge! Give us some time!”
 
Amy stifled a giggle but ended up bursting out laughing from the echidna's words. “Knuckles, do you even listen to yourself when you talk? Even I got that one!”
Frowning, he turned to her. “Got what? Did I say something funny?”
“Obviously!” she snickered.
Tails shuddered. “I don't know about you Knuckles, but I don't like being hard. It's mean.”
 
All eyes were on Tails.
 
Amy was the first to protest with a suck of her teeth. “Oh be quiet! What do you know about being hard anyway, Tails?”
And unexpected by all, he smirked faintly. “What do you know, Amy?”
Sharp sounds of surprise and disbelief pierced the air. Amy could feel the intensity of all their gazes fleeting over her and blushed wildly. “Th-that... That's a secret only for me to know! B-Besides I only found out a little about it today...!” she stammered, in reference to watching Rouge swallow an assortment of food in a previous event.
 
Shadow sighed, detaching himself from such a foolish conversation and turned his back to the group.
 
Sonic appeared rather nervous and constantly placed his pointer finger to his lips as if to silently shush the girl.
Knuckles saw this and stepped forward in front of Sonic. “No way, Blue!” he grinned. “I want to hear more about this!”
And Tails 'innocently' continued. “Not a chance, Amy! I've seen what you do but everyone else ignores it! You know plenty about being hard from the way you always give me nasty glares and thrust your rigid...”
'Words at me' , he would have said but Sonic dashed over to Tails and covered his mouth.
Rouge whistled.
“Shhh!” the older hedgehog scolded his friend. Tails yelped in shock and managed to wriggle free of Sonic's grasp. “But Sonic, it's true! She always does it to me!”
A blush formed across Sonic's face and he started to sweat. “I-I don't want to hear it, Tails! If Amy's doing something...strange, then that's her business!”
Knuckles laughed. “Damn, Sonic. You two make it sound like Amy's got a...”
“...One-eyed snake...?” Tails muttered, his thoughts elsewhere while his eyes lingered on an actual snake outside one of the windows in a tree. One of its eyes seemed to be closed as it slithered up the limber branches.
Unable to handle his statement, Sonic and Knuckles broke into a roaring round of hearty laughter.
Shadow only shook his head while Rouge tried not to hold back her amusement with stifled chuckles and snickers.
Amy on the other hand, turned bright red and clenched her fists.
“I...! I don't h-have a...!” she squeaked, but was too embarrassed to even speak.
Knuckles and Sonic nearly broke into tears.
“Whooo! That was a good one!” Knuckles wheezed, grabbing his aching sides.
“You're tellin' me!” Sonic chimed in. “It definitely would explain a lot!”
“Haha! Nice one, Sonic!”
Giggling, Rouge glanced up at Amy. “So Amy, what do you know?” she jeered, adding insult to injury.
Angry, Amy balled her hands into fists and spun around to face Rouge. “I learned it from you!!” she sputtered, referring to one of the previous events where she watched Rouge devour several foods down her throat.
Silence settled in, but was quickly interrupted by a chortle by Knuckles. “So that's where Amy got her 'rigidness' from!”
“I guess she learned the idea from the best!” Sonic laughed.
“OH SHUT UP!” Rouge yelled to the snickering adolescents.
“I wouldn't be too surprised, come to think of it...” Sonic added, but suddenly froze when he felt a harsh glare burning through his back.
 
Glancing over his shoulder, he knew it was Shadow. But he nearly jumped out of his skin when he turned to find the dark hedgehog standing directly in front of him.
Stern rubies gleamed with a deadly intent as they narrowed at Sonic.
“Watch it.” he sneered, then disappeared.
A second later, he stood boldly next to Rouge.
Casually, he smoothed his quills back, then crossed his arms. “Now shut up and pay attention! All of you are participating in this event. And if you don't approve, you can leave!”
Rouge blinked at Shadow suddenly taking charge on her behalf. She could have done it herself but she wasn't one to turn up her nose at a favor.
 
Thankful, she nodded to Shadow and took a step forward to get their attention.
“Thanks, Shadow... But it seems to me the boys wouldn't mind getting reamed.”
“Hmph” the dark hedgehog replied. “I could care less.”
 
Amy shot both Knuckles and Sonic threatening looks, but turned away from them; her face continuing its carmine glow.
 
“Allright, everyone, listen up!” Rouge announced. “For this event, you boys will put not only your stamina, but your control to the test.”
 
Knuckles scoffed. “Meaning?”
Rouge grinned. “Well if your performance in this event will be anything like the previous one, then I have low expectations for you...”
Her blunt statement plucked a nerve and Knuckles clenched a fist. “What's that?! Are you saying you'd think I'd lose?!”
Rouge nodded. “Exactly what I'm saying.”
 
Shadow chuckled to himself.
 
“Miss Rouge?” Tails spoke up from near the back of the room. “Should I get the equipment you'll need for this event too?”
Smiling, Rouge walked over to him and bent down slightly to meet his height. “You sure can, Fox-boy. Would you please?”
Tails blushed lightly. “U-um...yeah! What do you need?”
Leaning down to meet the little one's height, Rouge cupped a hand over his ear and whispered her list to him.
Knuckles, Sonic and Amy remained silent but wore puzzled expressions as they matched Tails' range of looks from curious, to bewildered, to downright mortified.
 
Blushing lightly, Tails looked up at Rouge and cutely blinked twice. “Are you sure you really want to mix those two??”
“Mmmmhmmm” the mischievous bat nodded slyly.
“But, then the cream will explode if it's briskly agitated!”
“Cream??” Sonic inquired.
“Explode?” Amy followed suit.
“Agitated?” Knuckles joined in, raising a suspicious brow. “Just what are you planning, bat-girl?”
 
Shadow said nothing, and remained close to the stage with his arms folded over his chest.
“Trust me, Fox-boy. Can you get those things for me? Hmmmm?”
 
The little fox blushed lightly, but nodded. “Well, ok.” he agreed, trusting Rouge fully, and ran off to gather the items.
 
With a dark grin, Rouge turned to face the group. Knuckles felt a sudden disturbing chill as the voluptuous bat narrowed her keen eyes directly into his own.
“Uh...um... Can I help you?”
“Hmmhmmmhmmm” she chuckled in her throat. “I'm not the one who will need help...!.”
 
Moments later, Tails returned to the group.
All curious eyes were on him as he briskly pulled over a long table to the middle of the floor, then scampered to litter its surface with random items.
 
Scattered across the table, were what looked like to be 4 different sized rods of some sort of putty.
Inserted within those cylinder slabs were small tubes that connected to large canisters of--
 
“Whipped cream?!” Amy exclaimed with bewildered shock. “What do you need whipped cream for?!” she continued, turning to Rouge.
The bat only laughed and walked over to the display.
 
“Allright, boys, listen up! For this event, what you all are going to do is make this soft squishy putty harden....”
 
A bemused and odd expression grew across Sonic's face and he sheepishly raised his hand. “Um, 'scuse me, Rouge, but won't that stuff get hard on its own if it's left out long enough?”
 
“At room temperature at least, yes.” she stated. The evil grin never left her face. “But to speed things along, what you all will have to do is ...'agitate' the putty to make it hard.”
 
“And?” Amy spoke up, not understanding where all this extensive nonsense was headed.
“Yeah, that seems way too easy.” Knuckles chimed in. Then under his breathe, he added: “Easier than you.”
Rouge's large ears twitched and if by reflex, she kicked a chair in his direction but he smoothly dodged it.
 
“I HEARD THAT! ...As I was saying before I got so rudely interrupted---!! The trick to this event is to make the putty hard without causing the whipped cream within it to explode You will be timed on this.”
 
Hearing that, Sonic couldn't help but slip out a chortle. Then he chuckled. Then laughed.
Amy glared at him for getting some sort of joke she didn't. “What's so funny...?”
“Sheesh Rouge!”Sonic shook his head. “Could you be anymore 'discreet' about what this event is supposed to mimic??” he snickered, sarcastically saying the word 'discreet'.
 
Rouge just looked at him with slick half-lidded eyes and smiled. “Would you rather go someplace more private and compete in this event? Just tell me the results, or lack there of, within the amount of time I've given you!”
 
“Uhhh thaaaat's ok...!” Sonic declined nervously, still chuckling a bit.
 
Getting fired up to be the winner no matter what, Knuckles tightened a readied fist. “Bring it on!! All we have to do is make the cream shoot out right? I'll get that putty hard in no time!!”
Silence. Obviously, he wasn't listening very well to what the instructions were.
 
“I don't think that's such a good idea Knuckles.” Amy commented.
“Yeah,” Tails added, “If you made it shoot out, your hands would get all messy. And maybe even your face too!”
Amy tossed him an astonished look while Knuckles only blinked. “So what are you trying to say? The cream is crammed in there to be released right?? Besides it sounds pretty painful to just keep all that---”
Then he stopped abruptly as a thought hit him.
With panicked eyes, he glanced to Sonic.
A full second of silence wavered between them until they both fell to the floor bursting into laugher.
“HAHAHAHAAA!!” they howled hysterically.
Amy glared at them and crossed her arms. “I still don't get what's so funny!”
“Neither do I. And I should know...” Tails uttered sadly.
“What's that?!”
Tails looked up into Amy's glowering eyes innocently. “Well, I'm a guy too, just like them. If they're laughing at something masculine, I should be too!”
Her eyes narrowed even more. “I don't believe you. Shadow isn't laughing.”
Curious, the little fox looked up to where Shadow was.
 
The dark hedgehog had his back turned to them and his head hung low.
Unseen by the two youngsters, Shadow was doing his best to stifle a chuckle.
 
“Well, Shadow is just cool like that, I guess.” Tails concluded with a shrug, then scampered off to Sonic and Knuckles.
Amy wordlessly watched him go.
Frowning, she stomped upto Shadow to talk to him about the insanity of the others, but stopped cold when she noticed his shoulders shaking.
“So, you WERE laughing!!!” she exclaimed, pointing an accusing finger at him.
Letting another sound of amusement pass, Shadow turned and walked right past her. “Time to get this over with.”
 
Minutes later, the guys managed to control their amusement to an audible level and stood around patiently waiting for Rouge.
 
Disgusted with the dwindling time, Rouge looked at her watch. Less than 6 hours left!
This fun and spontaneous little game of hers would have to come to a stop soon. She wanted time to marvel in that milkshake!
 
“Allright, everyone! All of you participating in this event, please come and sit at the table. It doesn't matter where. Sit wherever you feel the most...comfortable.” she smirked.
 
Casually, the contestants approached the table and sat down in front of the arranged assortments of variously-proportioned slabs of putty.
 
Sonic and Knuckles did their best to contain boyish snickers, but made silent gestures to the other about the contraptions in front of them.
Shadow and Tails eyed the devices before them, then glanced at the others'.
Tails' tower-like putty mold was a few inches much taller and thicker than Shadow's.
To this, Shadow raised a brow. “That can't be right...can it...?” he uttered under his breath, secretly wanting to switch with the young fox.
Oblivious to the hedgehog's thoughts, Tails caught his eyes and blinked. “Hmm? What is it? Is something wrong Shadow?”
Shadow said nothing at first and stared sharply at the younger. “....Nothing...” he stated simply and fell into his usual cool, arm-crossed demeanor.
Tails double blinked. “Huh???”
 
“If I can have everyone's attention...” Rouge announced with a smile. “As I said before, this event will be timed. You all will have 30 seconds. The premise of this game will determine how much strength you all have along with control. See the mounds of putty in front of you? You will have to grab them and rub them briskly...” she informed, gesturing the motions they would be using with a fist.
 
Sonic chuckled lowly in his throat while Knuckles struggled to keep a straight face.
Shadow had his eyes adverted elsewhere while Tails intently observed Rouge's motions.
Also watching, Amy sighed and shook her head.
 
Rouge continued. “...and while there is whipped cream inside, the idea isn't to make it erupt. No no nooo, boys. For this event, you will be penalized for any....ejaculations. So keep it hard, but don't fizz the jizz.....”
 
“So what are our penalties, Miss Rouge? What if we do cream?”
 
“DO CREAM?!!” Knuckles shouted.
“...cream?!!!!!” Sonic chimed in.
“What's Cream got to do with this?” Amy asked, the obvious boredom clear in her voice.
“Uh, I mean---!” Tails faltered and blushed while trying to correct himself. “Not Cream! The cream inside the putty molds!!”
“....What's this? Reversed roles...?” Shadow muttered in confusion. Tails seeming blunt while Amy appeared oblivious to the obvious?
“I mean! What happens if we DO make the cream splash out, Miss Rouge??” Tails finished, sweetly.
The bat half-frowned. “He just had to throw my name at the end of that didn't he...” she mumbled under her breath. Then she glared at Tails.
It would seem their little innocent fox wasn't as innocent as he had been letting on.
But they'd deal with that later, she figured, and answered his question. “...If, by chance, you boys apply too much friction and pressure to the molds and the cream spurts out, you will lose points off of your score with each shot.”
 
Sonic chuckled at her last choice of words. “Right...This is going to be one painful event...!”
“Mmmhmmm” Rouge hummed devilishly. “All of you will start one at a time with a time limit of 30 seconds.” With a sigh, she checked her watch. Less than 5 hours left now.
“Also, this event may be the last one, judging by how much time we have left. We may be able to squeeze one more event in.”
“Awwwwww” Sonic and Knuckles joked, feigning disappointment. “That's just too bad, bat-girl!!”
 
Sonic smirked and shrugged. “Not like it really matters. At the rate things have gone, I'd say we know who her winner is going to be...!” he commented slyly, sending a glance over at Shadow.
“Hmph” was the dark hedgehog's only verbal reply.
 
“Don't be so sure about that...” Rouge smiled faintly, her eyes on Shadow.
He returned her gentle apologetic gaze with a steady one of his own.
Whatever the outcome of this game of hers was, was just that.
 
Expanding her attention to the remainder of the group, Rouge raised her head to signal to them all to get ready.
 
“Remember, you all have 30 seconds. Shadow...it's your turn, first.”
Taking heed of her instruction, Shadow lifted a hand to the table top and loosely curled his fingers around the squishy mold.
 
“On your mark....get set....go!!”
 
The second the event initiated, Shadow grabbed the putty briskly and tautly. He barely had the chance to give the substance one upwards stroke when a rush of splashing white erupted from the tip of the thick object.
He jumped out of his seat and shook the white foamy fluff from his wrist and fingers.
Sonic and Knuckles nearly fell to the floor they cried with such strong laughter at Shadow's mistake.
 
“What...” Shadow wondered feverishly. “I didn't even grip it that hard!!!”
 
More howls of laughter ensued. This time, Sonic actually did fall out of his chair, gripping his sides from laughing so intensely.
“Some Ultimate Life-Form!!” Knuckles roared; tears in his eyes and a huge grin on his face. “Even I can last longer than that!”
“Looks like Shadow's the real minute man!” Sonic jeered, unleashing another wave of cackles.
“Don't you know how to handle yourself, Shadow?! I almost feel bad for what bat-girl has to look forward to!”
 
At this, Amy let a giggle slip, but quickly composed herself in the heated glares of both Shadow and Rouge.
Looking over at her companion, Rouge threw Shadow a towel and sighed. “Sorry about that Shadow...”
“.... Call me when this event is over.” Was all he said before disappearing.
 
If she hadn't been so pressed for time, she would have gone after him wherever he went, but Rouge decided to stay and carry the event along.
 
“Amy, can you clean that up? Tails, you're up.”
“No, I'm not...”
Rouge's ears twitched. “What did you say?”
“Ready!!” the fox perked up cheerfully. Eagerly, he readied his hands around the base of the putty mold, preparing for her signal.
 
Rouge opened her mouth to say something about that comment he made, but simply shrugged it off.
 
“Ready, set, go!”
 
Tails wasted no time in gingerly grasping the slimy material and slid his hand up and down it at a moderate pace to get a feel for how much effort to put into it. Then he quickly began to heighten his speed and smiled triumphantly when he felt the substance start to harden in his hand.
“It's getting hard, Miss Rouge! I feel it!”
 
The bat sulked a bit and muttered disdainfully to herself. “...He definitely is doing that on purpose! ....20 seconds left!”
Carefully, Tails managed to continue his speedy but discreet pace and immediately took his hand away when time was up.
Examining his handiwork, Tails cheered happily upon noticing the darker color of his putty in comparison to the others. “Yay I did it!” he jumped up and down. “Although that does look painful...” he mumbled under his breath.
Rouge, again caught on to his words, but chose to ignore them. “Very good, Fox-boy. Sonic, if you can peel yourself off the floor long enough to do this, it's your turn.”
 
With a chuckle, Sonic sprang to his feet and slipped into the chair. As he positioned himself, he tossed a mischievous look up at Rouge.
“Watch closely...” he smirked.
Amy took a step towards him, ready to pummel him into the ground for flirting with Rouge, but held herself in place. She absolutely could not interfere and mess with his score again. Pouting, she crossed her arms and watched him with glaring eyes.
 
“Ready, set go!”
 
With firm, but soft looking strokes, Sonic glided his hand up the length of the putty mold and rolled his fingers over the very tip if it before bringing his hand downwards.
And just the same as before, he led his hand gingerly upwards, then back down but with a dash of more speed.
Before long, the image of his hand became blurred and the shape of the putty continued to grow and grow.
 
Rouge was astonished with his technique. At the insane speed he was going, he still handled the putty gently enough for it to lengthen and grow harder.
 
A muffled clatter echoed throughout the room as the notepad and pen slipped from Rouge's hands and scattered onto the floor.
Seeing that, Sonic slowed his ministrations to longer and deeper strokes. Then suddenly stopped.
“Well, Miss Bat, I believe that was 30 seconds!” he mused, folding his arms casually behind his head.
 
Rouge, and Amy were speechless. The only difference was Amy wasn't quite sure of why she felt so amazed just watching Sonic rub a slab of putty in one hand. But she loved it.
 
Rouge, on the other hand, was astonished beyond belief. It wasn't until she felt her smoothness of her notebook brush across her hand that she realized she had been spacing out.
“Oh...oh!!!” she blushed and immediately took the contents from the playful blue hedgehog.
“Sonic that... that was amazing...” she admitted; her wide eyes swimming in his.
Sonic sighed and winked at her. “Yeah, I know. I know.”
With a thumbs up, he turned on his heels and went back to his seat.
 
As he passed Amy, he nervously avoided her fiery dagger-filled glares, but still felt them tearing through his back for ignoring her.
 
Once he sat down, he breathed a whoosh of relieved air. “I thought I was a goner!”
“Hmph, show off!!” Knuckles declared, pointing at the hero.
 
Still basking in her embarrassing folly, Rouge shook the nonsense from her mind and cleared her throat.
“Um...um...you...yeah you...” she stammered, nodding towards Knuckles. “You're up.”
A toothy grin spread across his face as he glanced at Tails, then settled his eyes on Rouge. “No, I'm not.”
“GET ON WITH IT ALREADY!!” she yelled, throwing a pen at him.
 
“Damn, keep your pants on!!! I'm going, I'm going! ...Or should I say I'm coming?”
Sonic snickered and shook his head as he watched Knuckles dodge another flying projectile from the angry bat.
“GO! NOW! 30 seconds! 29! 28! 27--!!”
“Ah! Okay okay!” Knuckles groaned and hurried to grasp the soft putty. “Eww it's all squishy and--”
“So make it hard!!!”
Knuckles jumped in his seat. Her words sparked a hint of determination in him and he vigorously hardened the material.
A tiny drop of the whipped cream beaded at the tip of the putty. It didn't catch his attention until a slither of it spilled down the putty's side and pooled onto his mitt.
 
Swearing, he relaxed most of the tension he had on it then grinned wildly when he saw it start to change color.
“Why the hell am I smiling...?” he rhetorically asked himself, continuing to stroke the hardening length. “...This is starting to freak me out, Sonic....”
 
“H-hey! Don't put my name in it, Knucklehead!! You've only got 10 more seconds anyway!!”
“Keep pumping it, Knuckles!” Tails cheered.
 
“Yeah...! I'll beat that Shadow if it's the last thing I do!” he commented, in hopes of building his confidence.
“Ew, Knuckles...” Sonic joked. “Keep that to yourself, man!”
“I know you aren't talking, Blue!! You've got a girl practically throwing herself at you and you haven't even tried to get with her once!”
“So what are you saying?!” Sonic inquired with full intent to hear the answer to this one.
Knuckles frowned. “I'm saying you're g--”
 
“ 'Ey! Time's up!” Rouge called and the determined echidna gave the object one more upwards stroke before carefully removing his hand slowly, as if to make sure it wouldn't collapse.
 
“Whoa...” Knuckles blinked, then remembered the cream on his mitt and without thinking, licked it off.
“Ewwww Knuckles!” Amy grimaced and gripped her stomach. “Why'd you do that?”
He shrugged. “It's just whipped cream.”
“But it's got putty on it!”
He shrugged. “So?”
“Like I said, keep it to yourself. Need I say more...?” Sonic chided with a sly glance towards his red comrade.
“Whatever, Sonic. You're still--”
“Allright, listen up you guys!” Rouge announced, purposely interrupting the bickering adolescents.
“These are the scores that you received: Sonic, you got a perfect 5; Knuckles, you have a 4; Fox-boy's also got a perfect 5 and Shadow....well he's got ...a zero...”
 
The wild echidna's eyes lit up. “A zero?!! That's the best score I've heard someone get all day!”
“Someone that wasn't you, you mean.” Amy corrected, earning a chuckle from Sonic.
“Aw, who cares?!! I still got a higher score than him! I told ya I was gonna beat him!!” he exclaimed, throwing a bold fist into the air.
“That'd be the day...” Rouge mumbled, taking his words in 2 different contexts.
“Miss Rouge?”
 
Liquidy aquamarine drifted down to waver in the small fox's gaze. “Yes, Fox-boy, what is it?”
“Um...since Sonic and I both got perfect scores, who will lead the next event?”
Her eyes softened. “Hmm, that is a good question. Why don't we tally up all the scores so far, hmm?”
 
Moments passed as Rouge calculated all the contestants scores. Shadow still hadn't returned to the group, yet, but that wasn't a major concern to her.
 
The final scores were as follows:
Sonic= 32
Knuckles= 36
Tails= 34
Shadow= 37
 
“What?!” a baffled Knuckles shouted. “That loser got a zero in this event and he STILL has the higher score?! This game is rigged!! I demand a recount!”
“Knuckles, calm down man!” Sonic instructed with a shrug. “Contrary to popular belief, this game isn't rigged. He was the one with the highest score from the last event, remember?”
“Yeah, so what!!”
“Ahem! If I may continue!” Rouge objected to the two, yet again. “Shadow is the winner of all events currently. We have time for one more event. And that one will make or break where all of you stand!”
“Hmph!” Knuckles frowned and stormed to the door of the workshop.
“Yeah, well, if Shadow is choosing this next event, I'm waiting outside!” he declared, swinging the door open.
Just as he took a step, the door flew back in his face.
“Hey, what the--!” he shouted, holding his nose and getting into a fighting position.
On the other sider of the door, was of course, Shadow.
Without even bothering to look the echidna's way, a small smirk tugged at Shadow's lips and he strolled into the room. “I didn't see you so obviously standing there again.”
“Why you--! I'll show you something obvious!!!” Knuckles challenged, launching an attack towards Shadow, but the swift hedgehog smoothly evaded the feeble attempt.
“And this is why you cannot defeat me.” he added coolly and continued over to the rest of the group.
“I heard I got the highest tallied score. Let me choose the last card so we may be done with this.”
 
Rouge and Amy both looked at him with wide eyes.
With a nod, Rouge reached into her top and pulled out the remaining cards. “This will be the last one!”
 
--
 
Yep, one last chapter to go. Jeez, it's been 4 plus years now, this story needs to end! Lol
 
-Mel