Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Emerald Master ❯ Chapter 6 - Ancestral Connections ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 6 - Ancestral Connections
The light begins to fade and Andrew finds himself at the entrance to a cave facing an altar across a river. Andrew looks around for anything that he might find familiar to him, but doesn't recognize anything.
“Wha... where am I this time? It's like I can't seem to stay in one place since this all started. Now that I'm here, I might as well find out where I am and how to get back. I guess I'll start over there...”
He starts to make his way across the bridge when he spots a young echidna at the bottom of the altar steps.
“Uh,” he says, approaching her.
She then turns around and immediately recognizes who he is.
“You must be Andrew,” she said.
“You know my name?”
“And why you're here. I knew after you absorbed the chaos energy, you would come.”
“Come?! I didn't come on my own! The chaos energy brought me here!”
“I know; this is exactly what happened to the last emerald master.”
“How do you know all this? And more importantly, why am I here?”
“When the first emerald master was chosen, I helped her train to learn everything there was to know about the chaos emeralds and the powers he obtained from each of them. Now that you're the next emerald master, I'm gonna help you do the same.”
“You're gonna help me train to use my powers that I supposedly have?”
“You have the power, Andrew; it's up to you whether or not you want to explore it.”
“I'll do it, on one condition.”
“What is it?”
“When this is all over, no matter what happens, I want go back home.”
“All right. Before you get sent back, I want to give you something. Come on, I'll show you.”
She takes him to the top of the altar where the Master Emerald lies.
“What is it you want to give me?” he asks.
She walks in front of him and spreads her arms out in front of the Master Emerald. Each of the chaos emeralds begins to brighten and each of them connect with a stream of light. The light from the emeralds then shoots directly at the Master Emerald and then from the Master Emerald, the light starts to completely surround Andrew. Once the light surrounds him, he feels the chaos energy inside of him intensify and transform him. When the light fades, Andrew notices that his hair is longer, he's slightly more muscular, and the chaos energy surrounds him like an aura.
“What happened to me?” he asked himself, “What did you give me?”
“The ability to transform into a more powerful version of the emerald master. The only way you can get to this level of power is by merging your soul with the raw power of the chaos emeralds.”
When he starts to walk forward, he feels that he's lighter than air and slightly floats off the ground. Before he does anything else, the same light that surrounded him from before surrounds him again.
Meanwhile, back in the parking lot, police and emergency crews surround the hospital as they continue to surround the area as they try to figure out what happened. The FBI Assisting Chief, Jason Kindred, and the City Police Chief, Craig Smith, continue to examine the scene in the wake of Desiree's death.
“I'm running out of patience, Kindred,” Craig said, “This guy should've been caught by now; instead he's out on the street still killing!”
“We're doing our best to find him, all right?! I don't know how he keeps getting away!”
“It's because he's one step ahead of our every move. He knows how and where to hit us and the people to take out.”
“The people to take out... Smith, that's it!”
“What's it?”
“You said that he's targeting certain people, right?”
“Yeah, so... if we could find out who he was targeting next, then that's where we'll find him!”
“One problem; who's he going after next?”
On the other side of town (Santa Monica Pier), Cross and Lindsay are looking out over the pier still trying to pick up the pieces of where Andrew may have gone.
“Where do you think he went, Cross?” Lindsay asked, “It bothers me as to knowing if he's ever coming back.”
“I'm not sure what I can tell you,” he replied, “The only way to know for sure is to check the backgrounds of the legend itself.”
“Then that's what we'll do.”
“We?”
“What, you're not gonna help me?”
“Lindsay, when I found that box in your basement, I didn't expect anything to happen. Now that something did happen, I don't want to have anything to do with it.”
“It's my brother, Cross. If Andrew was in trouble, I'd be there for him.”
“What can we do? For all we know, Andrew could be anywhere. Besides, it's getting late. We should get out of here.”
Cross and Lindsay turn around and walk towards the car when it suddenly explodes into flames. The shockwave knocks them on their backs as they analyze the damage. They manage to get back to their feet as two men approach them from behind and grab them. Cross and Lindsay struggle for a bit, but the two men put rags with chloroform in them over their mouths, causing them to pass out. They get dragged into an SUV and the SUV drives off just before the cops arrive.
Meanwhile, the light surrounding Andrew takes him to the center of a temple where he sees a mural showing a giant water like monster towering over the lands attacking and destroying everything. He continues to look along the walls and comes across a shadowed figure surrounded by the seven chaos emeralds. As he looks carefully, he only sees that the red chaos emerald is visible.
“I wonder what this is supposed to mean,” he said to himself, “It looks like the person in the mural is showing the link he has to the emeralds. But there's only one emerald brightened up.”
He continues looking around and sees six other shadowed emerald spots on the wall.
“I get it; the person in the emerald master and as he absorbs the powers of each chaos emerald, the spots light up. What's that over there?”
He notices a pedestal front of the mural and walks up to it. The pedestal has seven different emerald shaped holes each with specific colors for each emerald (red, orange, green, blue, cyan, gray, and magenta).
“Maybe I'm supposed to put this here...” he says pulling out the chaos emerald.
He places the chaos emerald in the hole and it starts to glow. The glow continues to give off light, but doesn't get any brighter.
“That's it? That was it? What's supposed to happen now?”
The tomb begins rumbling and the doors leading to the outside open up.
“I guess that's my cue to leave.”
He walks towards the door and heads back outside of the tomb. Once he gets there, he looks around for Knuckles and Tails, who left a while ago.
“Now where did they go?” he asks himself.