Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Emerald Master ❯ Chapter 7 - Royal Treatment, Part 1 ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 7 - Royal Treatment, Part 1
Knuckles and Tails manage to get downtown where they meet Sonia and Manic.
“Hey, Sonia! Manic!” he shouts to them.
Manic hears them calling and looks around to find them.
“Knuckles! Tails! Over here!” he shouts.
They run up to each other and share a high-five.
“We got your message that you wanted to tell us something,” Sonia said.
“Yeah; it's about the emerald master legend,” Tails says, “The legend is true! The emerald master is here!”
“Tails, listen to yourself. The emerald master disappeared thousands of years ago.”
“I wouldn't be so sure about that, sis. Remember the light from earlier today?” Manic said.
“Oh, yeah...”
“But he's not there anymore,” Knuckles says, “The energy that surrounded him teleported him somewhere and now we don't know where he is.”
“Maybe he's back on Angel Island now. Why don't we go there now and check?” she asked.
“I guess so,” Tails said, “The Tornado is all ready to go.”
As they start to head back to Tails' hangar, Andrew continues looking around for Tails and Knuckles.
“They must have left to go get help,” he said to himself. “Where else on this island could they've gone? Maybe they're at the Master Emerald Altar?”
He begins to make his way through the jungle back to the Master Emerald. Once he's in the jungle, he's not sure where he is and realizes that he's lost. He then thinks about the chaos emerald and pulls it out.
“If the chaos emeralds are linked to the Master Emerald, maybe I can use this to find the altar.”
He manages to make it all the way through the jungle to the center of the island and the Master Emerald. As he starts to approach the altar, he begins to get the feeling of being watched and stops about halfway. He looks around for anything suspicious, but doesn't spot anything. Someone then comes up to him from behind holding a gun.
“Hey, you! Turn around!” she shouts.
Andrew turns around suspecting that there isn't much of a threat until he sees the gun and steps back some.
“What are you doing up here?! No one is allowed to be up here!”
Andrew hesitates as he quickly tries to find an answer.
“Uh... well, I was, uh...” he said, stuttering.
“Save it! What's your name?”
“I'm Andrew, Andrew Jackson.”
“Andrew Jackson... wait, are you...?”
“Yeah, I'm the second emerald master. Let's just get it all out now....”
She lowers her gun in surprise, but isn't so quick to trust him. She pulls out the blue chaos emerald and decides to perform a test.
“If you really are the second emerald master,” she says, “Then you should be able to absorb the energy from this chaos emerald.”
She tosses him the chaos emerald and waits for him to do something.
“Okay...”
They both wait for a moment, but the chaos emerald does nothing.
“I guess you aren't the second emerald master after all...”
She raises her gun at him again.
“Look like you'll be coming with me!”
Right before she takes a step towards him, the Master Emerald and the blue chaos emerald's energies surge again and form a ball in front of Andrew. Only this time, the energy absorbs itself into Andrew so he doesn't have to reach into it. The woman drops her gun in shock and walks up to him and stops.
“I'm so sorry, Andrew. I had no idea...”
“It's not your fault. It was kind of a big shock to me too.”
“Why don't you let me make it up to you?” she asks, “Why don't you come to dinner tonight with my family and we can talk more about how all of this started?”
“I'd actually like that. Besides, I'm kind of hungry anyway.”
“I'll arrange for a shuttle to come pick us up.”
“You don't need to; here come Tails and Knuckles.”
He points up in the sky, looking at the Tornado landing on the grass next to the altar. Once on the ground, Tails, Knuckles, Sonia, and Manic all rush over to Andrew and Aleena.
“Sonia, Manic; what are you doing up here?” she asked.
“We came to see if the legend was true,” Sonia replied.
“The legend, it's true. The emerald master; he's here right now!”
Sonia and Manic look around and don't see anyone they could recognize as the emerald master.
“Who? I don't see anyone,” Manic says.
“He's right here, next to me, Manic.”
They look at Andrew and quickly become confused.
“Him? With all due respect, mom, I don't see how he could be the emerald master.”
“You aren't alone,” Andrew says, “I still don't see why I was picked for this. But it's true; I am the second emerald master. I'll explain later.”
“Andrew's going to be joining us for dinner tonight. We can get to know him a little better.”
“That's a good idea; then maybe we can clear all of emerald master business up,” Tails says.