Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Emerald Master ❯ Chapter 12 - Mastering The Energy Within ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 12 - Mastering The Energy Within
When Andrew wakes up, he notices that he's lying on top of a rock off to the side of the Master Emerald Altar looking up at the sky. He sits up and sees Tikal standing a few feet in front of him.
“What? Tikal? What am I doing back here?” Andrew asks, “I thought I was unconscious!”
“You are unconscious, but the Master Emerald brought you here. This is actually happening, Andrew. You're not dreaming at all,” she replies.
“But what am I doing here? Does it have something to do with my first experience using my powers for the first time?”
“Yes; I wanted to give you some insight on how far your powers can go. As the emerald master, your power levels range between your normal form, which is level 1, to chaos master, which is level 15. The power level of the chaos energy you absorb increases with experience and training. Some levels of power, if you aren't ready for them, can leave you weak. Others, like right now, can leave you unconscious; and higher levels, such as eight, before you're ready to use them... can end your life.”
“That's good to know, but... when I hit Chaos with that big blast of energy, it- it was out of anger. While I was trapped inside of him, I constantly grew aggravated of being trapped in there until I hit the breaking point and exploded out of him... It felt like I was unleashing an inner darkness; I let my powers get out of control.”
“That's also part of being the emerald master. You learn how to control your power and not let it control you. Give yourself some more time, Andrew, and soon you'll be able to use your powers without having to worry about losing control. You'll already know how.”
Andrew then begins to hear someone calling his name as he moves back towards full consciousness.
“Andrew? Andrew, are you awake?”
He slowly beings to open his eyes and sees that Aleena, Sonia, and Silver are looking down at him on a cot making sure he's okay.
“How long was I out?” he asks.
“You passed out for about half an hour,” Aleena says.
“Apparently, the way you used the energy from the chaos emerald must've been tiring,” Sonia, says.
“How would you know? Have you ever used chaos energy like that before?” Manic asks.
“I'm just making a point,” she replies, “If you used chaos energy for the first time, wouldn't you be tired?”
“Why ask me? Ask Sonic; he probably knows.”
“Depends on how often you're using it,” Sonic says, “If it was when you were new to it, then yeah, you would get tired. But not to the point you'd pass out.”
Andrew sits up and holds his head, as he's still a little dizzy from using the chaos energy for the first time.
“What happened to Eggman; and Chaos?”
“Eggman took off and Chaos slipped into the sewer.”
Andrew moves towards the side of the bed and stands up to stretch. He then walks towards the door. When he makes his way to the front of the palace and steps outside, he's greeted by thousands of people cheering for him because of his victory over Eggman and Chaos.
“Was it something I did?”
Aleena walks up from behind him.
“The people of Mobius are grateful that the emerald master has returned and that you stopped Eggman from destroying the place.”
“Oh; well, I guess that means that I've established a good first impression and I've earned a little respect as well.”
Aleena and Andrew notice that everyone in front of them kneel down on one knee, bowing to Andrew. Aleena then bows to Andrew as well.
“Andrew, the people of Mobius will be forever grateful for your actions in stopping Eggman today.”
“Don't mention it; if he stirs up trouble... I'll be around to deal with him.”
Meanwhile, back on Earth, Cross and Lindsay manage to get a ride in a tractor trailer back to the city.
“Listen, I really appreciate you stopping to give us a lift back to the city,” Cross says.
“Don't mention it,” he says, “My name's Whistler, by the way.”
“I'm Lindsay,” she says.
“Sgt. Cross of the LAPD,” Cross says.
“Wait, are you related to Andrew Jackson, the state champion in cross-country?”
“Yeah; how do you know him?” she asks.
“Well, I don't know him, personally, I know him from being on the Today Show in New York City. You know your brother is highly talented.”
“I know.”
“And I'm sorry about your parents; something like that should never happen to anyone.”
“Thanks; I'm gonna miss them very much.”
When Lindsay looks up, she notices a black gem around Whistler's neck that resembles an emerald.
“Where did you get that emerald?”
“Oh, uh... nowhere...” he says, hesitantly.
“Oh my god, are you with the group of people that kidnapped us?!”
“What group of people? Are you talking about the Black Emerald Society?”
“The one's that wear that black emerald around their neck?!”
“I used to be with them; I'm not too proud of some of the things that I've done with them and that's why I left. And if I had been with the group of people that kidnapped you, why the hell would I be giving you a ride back to LA?”
“I... don't know....”
“While you were there, what did they do to you? Did you talk to their leader?”
“All we remember from what he said was he implanted something in our brains to keep track of Lindsay's brother, Andrew,” Cross says.
“What? Is your brother the emerald master?!”
“Yeah...” she replies.
“Well, it looks like you're both in deep s*** right now. He's got you completely under his control.”
“I don't care what he says; whatever he has planned for Andrew...”
“That attitude won't work.”
“So what do you suggest we do?” Cross asks.
“Stay as far away from Andrew as possible or... commit suicide.”
“Well, I'm not willing to consider either one; there has to be another way.”
“*sighs* I don't know what to tell you; that's just what it may have to come to if you can't figure anything out.”