Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Emerald Master ❯ Chapter 14 - Newfound Abilties ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 14 - Newfound Abilities
Back on Mobius, Andrew has made his way back to the sanctuary under the library. He continues to look for anything that might help him manage his powers better.
“This is the only book down here,” he says. “And these seven scrolls don't seem to be telling me how to control my powers. I'm not even sure if I can read what the inscriptions say.”
Andrew continues to look at all of the scrolls and the pictures showing the power and the moves to accomplish it. He doesn't understand any of it and puts it down frustrated.
“I need some help; I can't do this alone. If only Tikal was here, she might know what to do...”
“When who might know what to do?”
Andrew turns around and sees that Silver is walking towards him.
“Who were you talking about?” Silver asks.
“Oh, no one special,” he replies. “You wouldn't understand...”
“Understand what?”
“I don't know what to do from this point forward. This book and these scrolls aren't telling me anything; mainly because I don't know what it shows.”
“Why don't you start from the beginning?”
He picks up one of the scrolls and shows it to Andrew. What the picture shows is a person sitting with his legs crossed and his arms at his side.
“This looks like a meditation pose.”
“Meditation? What is meditation gonna do for me learning to control my powers?”
“I meditate every day. It helps keep my mind clear and keeps my psychic powers sharp.”
“So you think that by clearing my mind, I can control my powers within me keeping them `sharp'?”
“*Silver nods yes*”
“I'll give it a shot, but I don't think that it will do anything.”
Andrew and Silver sit on the ground and cross their legs in a basic meditation pose.
“The first thing you should do is concentrate on your breathing...”
As Silver continues to explain to Andrew how to meditate, Knuckles is on Angel Island looking for any pieces to the Master Emerald. So far, he's only found three of them.
“Only three shards here; that means the other ones are scattered around the world somewhere. No matter what it takes, I'm not stopping until I've found the rest of them.”
He makes it back to the main altar and places the three pieces in the center of the altar.
“Hey, Knuckles!”
Knuckles turns around and sees Tails carrying Sonia with a book entitled `The Emerald Master: Legend of a Great Warrior'.”
“What do you want?”
“We found this book in the library. We think it might give us more information on the emerald master,” Tails says.
“I don't really care right now,” Knuckles replies. “I have more important things to do.”
“Like finding these Master Emerald shards?”
Sonia pulls out three of the Master Emerald shards and Tails pulls out the blue chaos emerald that was with the shards.
“The shards! And a chaos emerald!” Knuckles says, surprised. “Where did you find these?!”
“We discovered them in the dirt on our way up here on the other side of the island,” Sonia replies.
“We'll go take the chaos emerald to Andrew and the book. Do you want to come?” Tails asks.
“I'm not leaving until I find the rest of the Master Emerald shards.”
“Suit yourself…”
Tails picks up Sonia and the two go flying off the island towards the ocean. Once over the ocean, they see a shadow coming over the top of them.
“Tails, what's going on?” Sonia asks,
“I don't know; there isn't supposed to be an eclipse for...”
“LOOK OUT!”
Back in the sanctuary, Andrew can see what's happening to Tails and Sonia and quickly comes out of his meditative state.
“AAH!” he shouts.
“What is it?” Silver asks.
“It's Tails and Sonia; they're in trouble! I saw them flying away from Angel Island heading back here with a book about the emerald master; I couldn't see what it was.”
“`The Emerald Master: Legend of a Great Warrior'.”
“After that, everything went black and I heard Sonia screaming. I gotta go find out what happening!”
“Andrew, you haven't learned everything there is to know yet!”
“It'll have to wait; my friends are in danger and they need my help!”
Andrew quickly heads into and up the elevator to the street.
“I get all the way up here and yet I have no way to get to them. Silver…”
Silver manages to catch up to Andrew in front of the library.
“Andrew, are you sure you're ready for this?” he asks.
“Whether I'm ready or not, Tails and Sonia need my help,” Andrew replies. “Even if it means rushing into something that I may or may not be completely for.”
“I hope you're right about this...”
Silver flies himself and Andrew over to the place Andrew had in his vision.