Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Voice ❯ Chapter 4

[ A - All Readers ]

They're all scared of me, you know. When they want to scare each other, they tell each other Super Sonic stories.
I tell Sonic stories too. I whisper them to him as he sleeps.
Shortfuse is terrified of me. I guess I remind him of himself. What he could do, where he ever to lose control.
Which is mad. I'm in perfect control. I do that which Sonic cannot. What he will not. What he cannot. And that's the thing. I am his freedom. I do what he dreams of doing, but he is bound by his ideal of morality.
No killing, for example. Where's the point? Had he killed Robotnik any of the times he had the chance, Johnny would still be alive. Mobius would be a place of peace. Instead, Robotnik runs free.
I was speaking to Sonic recently. He sends his regards, by the way. And Doctor Zachary, also. That little scamp. I'm considering forgiving him for humiliating me that time.
HOW DARE HE CONTROL ME?!
So I've got anger management issues. Nobody's perfect. Heh. Perfect. Like Shadow claimed to be. Soon put him in his place.
Another body to add to the pile, isn't he, Sonic? Kintobor, Johnny, and now Shadow? You thought you could change Shadow. You tried. And when you couldn't, you turned to me, to do what you would not.
Coward.
If you're going to fight, at least have the guts to follow through.
But then, we always fear the voice inside. The one we dream of, late at night.
So go back to sleep, Sonic. I'll be waiting…