Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Things Can be Very Unexpected ❯ The strange girl ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I DON'T OWN!! GET OFF MY BACK!!!!!!

This story is based on the anime Sonic X. If you people reading this have never seen that show, then you may be a little confused on some characters in here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

Sonic sees himself in a really dark room. Everything is just dark. No light at all.

"Wh-where am I?" the hedgehog says to himself.

Then Sonic turns around. He sees a mirror. When he looks at himself in the mirror, something isn't right. He looks exactly the same, but his eyes...they look...possessed. Sonic walks up to the mirror to see if it really is a mirror. He lifts his hand. So does the Sonic in the mirror. Then he looks at his eyes. When he makes eye contact with the mirror, something really weird happens. As soon as he looks in the eyes, the Sonic in the mirror moves by itself! Still staring at him, it turns around and disappears. The real Sonic is taken back and falls on his ass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Sonic jolts awake and he starts to sweat. And then he starts to pant...

"Wow...what a weird dream...was that hedgehog in the mirror really me?" Sonic thinks. "Might as well just go for a run and try to forget about it,"

So Sonic runs off a few feet but is stopped by his human friend, Chris.

"Hey Sonic! Why are you running this early? It's only 8:00," Chris tells his friend.

"Sorry Chris. I had a really weird dream. So I'm running to try to forget about it. See ya later!" Sonic tell Chris. Then he runs off at his usual speed with his usual blue blur following him. Chris sighs and goes back into his house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

By now, Sonic has reached the mountains. He just speeds all around for a little while and he really does forget about his dream. For a little bit anyways. Then something just wizzes past Sonic almost as fast as him! The sudden outburst caused Sonic to trip and fall flat on his face.

"Oww...what the hell was that?" Sonic thinks.

"Oops! I'm sorry. Are you ok?"

Sonic looks up to see a girl hedgehog that looks EXACTLY (A'N: I mean it! Exactly! Well, not entirely. Her fur is a little bit more lightly colored blue and the eyes are crimson, not green.) Like him! He stares at her for a few seconds.

"I asked if you're ok," the girl said.

Sonic snapped back to reality. He slightly blushed of embarrassment.

"Uh, yeah. I'm ok. Who are you?" Sonic asks, as he gets up.

The girl looked surprised and blushed a bit.

"Uh, my names Victoria. But my big bro doesn't like that so he and everybody else calls me Vika. I preferred to be called that," the girl said smiling.

Suddenly, Sonic looks really surprised. Then he starts to think to himself.

"Vika...Vika...where have I heard that name before?" he thinks.

Vika stares at him confused. Sonic then again snaps back to reality and holds out his hand to Vika.

"My name's Sonic the Hedgehog," Sonic says as he and Vika shake hands. "So, you say you have a brother?"

Vika nods.

"Yeah, I have a brother. But we both got separated long ago, so now I'm looking for him," Vika replies. "You said your name is Sonic right?"

"Yeah."

"Wow!! So you must be the Sonic everybody has been telling me about these days!"

"Huh?"

Vika smiles again.

"Animals around here have been telling me about a hedgehog that looked a lot like me, saving the world and all kinds of other neat stuff!!" Vika said excitedly.

Sonic blinked and then smirked.

"Hmm...guess I'm pretty popular around here! But yeah, that's me!" Sonic winked.

Vika's eyes were shining.

"It's really nice to meet someone as famous as you!"

"Ah, it's nothing. Nice to meet you too."

"Hey, wanna race?"

Sonic blinked. He stared at Vika like he couldn't believe what she had just said. Why would anybody want to race him? Especially after beating Chris' uncle, Sam. He was supposed to be one of the fastest cops on the planet. But Sonic beat him real easy. But this Vika girl DID trip him by running faster then him at the moment. He thought, why not? Just to see if she really is fast or if she just caught me off my guard.

"Sure. I'll race ya. Just don't underestimate me." Sonic said.

Vika nodded. But she also said not to underestimate her, either.

"So, where do we race?" Sonic asked.

Suddenly, Vika didn't look very good.

"Uh, Sonic? Can we race after I have a break? I ran a bunch this morning..." Vika said.

Sonic fell over at that remark, but decided that he should rest too. So the two sat next to each other and talked a bit.

"So Vika, how did you and your brother loose each other?" Sonic asked.

"It's pretty hard to remember. I think he just ran away on me...but I'm not entirely sure."

"Why would he run away on you?"

"How should I know? I was really young back then. By now, I haven't seen him in six years..."

"Six YEARS?!"

"Yeah...harsh, isn't it?"

"I bet it is! Sheesh, not seeing your family for six years..."

"What about your family, Sonic?"

"I don't remember a thing about it. But I have my friends. That's enough family for me!"

"I must be nice to have one that cares about you..." Vika sighed. "Well, I'm ready to race now if you are, Sonic!"

"Yeah! Let's race! Where should we go?"

"Let's race up to the top of that really huge mountain!" Vika then points to a mountain that is really much bigger then the others. Sonic agrees and then they're off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

So did you like it? This is my first Sonic fic. Please no flames. Ja nee!