Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Vacation To Mobius ❯ I'm My Own Travel Agent ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story. They are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

This fic was inspired by a number of sketches that I've made recently. They are too small to post, and incomplete, so don't look for them.

Vacation To Mobius

Chapter 1: I'm My Own Travel Agent

Welcome to my world. My imagination goes wild very often, and one time it did, this story popped into my head. Being as random as it was, a lot didn't make sense. So, if you are reading this story and some things are wrong, or don't make sense, or are there when they shouldn't be, (or vice-versa), then just ignore that fact, and keep reading. Sometimes I had to change stuff around to make the overall story work. For example, I have a huge underground lab full of other stuff from my imagination. Anyway, this story takes place on Mobius (duh) SatAM style. However, instead of the usual characters, the video game ones are there. This also takes place after my fic, "The Iron Heart". Therefore, MS-02 is in here, and Robotnik is not dead. (You'll find out why later.) The ARK orbits Mobius in this story. Metalporygon belongs to me. There will probably be some other differences, as well, but that's all I can think of. Like I said, this whole idea just randomly came into my head one day. Enjoy!

My lab…

Me: Okay, Porygon. I think it's ready.

Porygon: Pory!

Me: Yup. You remember the plan, right?

Porygon: <electronic voice (Porygon's voice will always sound electronic)> Affirmative.

Me: Okay, then. I'm activating the machine now. <pulls levers, presses buttons on console>

A large, circular device in the room, not unlike the one in `Stargate', activated. A large, blue portal appeared inside the device. I walked up to it, with Porygon hovering next to me.

Me: Ready, Porygon?

Porygon: Pory!

Me: Then, let's go.

We entered the portal, and were transported all the way to Mobius. We appeared out of nowhere inside of a lush forest.

Me: Okay, let's see if we made it. Porygon, scan for GPS satellites.

Porygon: Scanning…None found…

Me: Well, that means one of two things: Either we're not on Earth, or we've gone back in time.

Porygon: I do not believe we are on Earth. Other than you, I am not picking up any human life forms nearby. However, I am reading signatures of other organisms.

Me: That's probably where we need to go, then. Which way is it?

Porygon: <changes direction of self> Approximately two miles ahead of my direction.

Me: Okay, then. Activate hover-board mode.

Porygon: Engaging…<leans head forward, tail back, a clamp appears on top of head and back>…Complete.

Me: Great. <stands on top of Porygon, places feet in clamps> Let's go!

Porygon: Very well. <carries me off into the distance, jockeying between trees>

We continued on until we reached the outskirts of Knothole.

Me: Okay, Porygon. We're gonna follow the plan. First, we have to make contact with a Mobian, and convince him that we're not evil.

Porygon: Who do you plan to contact?

Me: Hmm…I was thinking maybe MS-02. I programmed him to recognize us if he saw us. But, it looks like he's not around. The second one on the list is Tails. See if you can find his house.

Porygon: Scanning…<slowly moves head from left to right>…I have found a life form matching the one specified as `Tails'

Me: Good. Where is he?

Porygon: The other side of this village.

Me: Figures. Take us around the outside edge of this place.

Porygon: Why not just go straight through town?

Me: These people hate humans enough as it is, let alone one that flies through their hometown riding you.

Porygon: Understood.

We made a half-circle around the edge of Knothole, keeping ourselves in the forest so as not to be seen. Finally, we made it. I hopped off of Porygon, and we hid behind a row of bushes near a house.

Me: Is that the place?

Porygon: Affirmative.

Me: Is Tails inside?

Porygon: Affirmative.

Me: I wonder what he's doing…

At that moment, as if on cue, there was a small explosion from the garage. A lot of thick, black smoke followed several pieces of machinery that flew out and scattered in front of the house. Tails: stumbled out, coughing heavily.

Tails: <cough>…Oops…<cough>

The ash-covered fox waved a hand in front of his face. He walked over to a piece of equipment that was almost as big as he was. He reached down and tried to lift it.

Me: I think now's a good time. Remember to activate a barrier if things get violent.

Porygon: Acknowledged.

Me: <walks over to the equipment, helps Tails lift it> Let me give you a hand with that.

Tails: Hey, thanks--<looks up, sees me>--Wha! An overlander! <drops equipment, backs away> Wha-What do you want?

Me: Relax! I just want to help you!

Tails: N-no! You're lying!

Me: No I'm not! Look, I'm unarmed! I just want to talk to you.

Tails: I don't believe you!

Me: It's okay, I understand. I know you guys hate huma-er, overlanders.

Tails: Huh?

Me: I'm not going to hurt you…I just want to talk.

Tails: <suspiciously> About what?…

Me: I want to tell you about myself.

Tails: I know all about you overlanders! You act all nice and get everyone's trust…and then you ATTACK US ALL!!

Me: What are you talking about? I'm not like that at all! Hey, wait a minute-just how many overlanders do you know, anyway?

Tails: Well…uh…Plenty! I know lots of them!

Me: Really? Tell me about them.

Tails: Make me!

Me: I'm not here to make you do anything. <sigh> Look, I know that you guys have been being tormented by an overlander known as Robotnik.

Tails: Ah-ha! I knew you were with Robotnik!

Me: What?! No I'm not! I want that fatso to die as much as any of you.

Tails: Then how do you know so much about him?

Me: That's a long story. But let's just say that he's pretty well-known where I come from.

Tails: If you're not with him, then how did you get here?

Me: He's not the only one with advanced technology, you know…<looks down at the equipment scattered around>…Apparently, you're also pretty good with machines.

Tails: Don't try to change the subject! Now get off our planet!

Me: Don't worry, I won't be here long. But I'm not leaving yet.

Tails: I think Sonic and me are gonna hafta change that!

Me: <sigh>

Tails: <presses button on wrist watch> It's all over for you now!

Me: <looks at Porygon> Porygon, Go ahead and activate that barrier.

Porygon: Acknowledged.

Porygon activated a barrier around himself and me. I figured we'd need it since Sonic doesn't exactly look before he leaps. Sure enough, the blue hedgehog led a trail of dust and, upon seeing me, attacked. He bounced off of the barrier and landed next to Tails.

Sonic: OW! What the heck was that?!

Me: <thinking> Oh great. Here we go again.

Sonic: I got your signal, Tails. When I saw this overlander, I knew that's what you called me for.

Tails: That's right. That overlander and his little friend there came out of nowhere and acted like they were my best friend or something.

Sonic: Did he attack you?

Tails: Well, come to think of it, no.

Sonic: Seriously?

Me: Exactly! Why would I attack someone that I'm trying to befriend?!

Sonic: Yeah, I bet you wanted to be friends!

Me: I know you don't believe me, but how else am I supposed to prove that my intentions are good?

Sonic: I'll bet they're about as good as Robotnik's!

Me: <thinking> Well, I didn't want to have to do this, but…<talking> You guys trust Metal Sonic 2, right? And he was built by Robotnik!

Sonic: How do you know about that?!

Me: I'll explain, but not out here. There's too much of a chance of someone starting rumors about us.

Sonic: What do you mean?

Me: Apparently, everyone around here assumes that I'm with Robotnik. If they see you talking to me, they might think that you two are with him, too.

Tails: He's right, Sonic. We should go inside.

Sonic: I think he just wants to make sure there aren't any witnesses when he kills us!

Me: No, that's not it, at all. I'm not going to kill you. I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to get you guys to realize that I'm not evil.

Tails: I don't know, Sonic. He hasn't done anything wrong so far…

Sonic: Don't tell me you're gonna believe this guy!

Tails: I'm just saying we should give him a chance. I mean, after all, Metal is on our side. We gave him a chance, and look how it turned out.

Sonic: One day, Tails, you're gonna trust the wrong person.

Tails: Well, hopefully that won't be today.

Me: Don't worry, Tails, it isn't.

We all entered Tails's house, and sat down. Sonic was ready to pounce if I did anything wrong. Tails was starting to calm down, Porygon was ready to defend, and I was hoping I wouldn't mess up.

Tails: Well, you wanted to talk so much, so here we are.

Sonic: Yeah, why don't you tell us all about yourself.

Me: Well, first of all, I'm from another planet.

Sonic: Duh!

Me: Right, well I had to start somewhere. Anyway, I built a machine that allowed me to travel here from my planet. This may be hard to believe, but where I come from, you guys are characters in a bunch of stuff.

Tails: Like what?

Me: Well, let's see…Video games, comic books, TV shows, uh…a movie or two, and a bunch of fan-written stories.

Sonic: I don't know what half that stuff is, but it sounds like a lie to me.

Me: I know it's hard to imagine, but it's true.

Tails: Video games? TV shows? What is all that stuff?

Me: Well, it's kinda hard to explain. <pulls out a GBA with Sonic Advance from pocket>

Sonic: Hey! What's that?!

Me: Calm down, it's just a video game. In fact, it's one with you guys in it.

Tails: Really?

Me: <turns on GBA, hands it to Tails> Yeah, here, take a look for yourself.

Sonic: Tails! What if that's some kind of bomb?!

Tails: <begins playing > I don't think so, Sonic…<finds character select> Hey, look, there's you! And there's me! Whoa! It even has Knuckles, and Amy, too.

Sonic: <looks at screen> Hey, you're right.

Me: I told you so. <pulls out another GBA with Sonic Advance> Here, try it out. <hands it to Sonic>

Sonic: <begins playing>

They were amazed by this game that had themselves in it. And who wouldn't be? Especially if you've never seen that kind of thing before. I regretted not being able to easily bring a GameCube with SA 2: B. Oh well. They would've probably passed out when they saw it. Several hours later, they had finally gotten a little tired of the game. By then, it was night time, and had been for a while.

Sonic: Well, I beat Robotnik 63 times in a row!

Tails: I did it 64 times!

Sonic: You had a head start.

Tails: So?

Sonic: I guess it doesn't matter.

Tails: Yeah, I guess not. It's too bad we can't do that in real life.

Me: Yeah, I know. But that's why video games exist. They're a distraction from reality. And yet, somehow they are still my favorite things to do.

Tails: <stomach growls> Hey, how long have we been playing?

Sonic: Looks like it's been a while. <stomach rumbles> Well, I guess I could use some chow myself.

Me: All that time passed while you were distracted, and I didn't attack you at all. Now do you believe me?

Sonic: I don't know. What do you think, Tails?

Tails: He's got a point, Sonic. Besides, I can't think on an empty stomach.

Sonic: You got any food?

Tails: Yeah, but after the last time you cleaned me out, I haven't had time to get much more.

Sonic: How much you got left?

Tails: <opens cabinet, which is practically overflowing with cans of spaghettios> Well, not much in the way of anything you like Sonic.

Me: Geez, Tails, you got enough spaghettios, there?

Tails: They were on sale.

Me: Oh…<thinking> I wonder where he got those from…Heh, maybe they're made on Mobius and Robotnik sells `em to our planet.

Sonic: What about the fridge?

Me: <thinking> Note to self: When necessary, distract Sonic with food.

Tails: <opens refrigerator, which has a pile of chilidogs> Looks like you got lucky.

Sonic: <takes out chilidogs, places in microwave> Thanks, buddy.

Tails: You're welcome…I think…

Me: <chuckling> Heh, heh, Sonic loves his chilidogs, eh, Tails?

Tails: <takes out can from cabinet> Yup…Hey, you want anything? I've got plenty.

Me: Sure.

Tails: <takes out another can> Okay.

Sonic: You're not gonna feed that guy, are ya?

Me: I'm capable of feeding myself, thanks.

Sonic: You know what I mean!

Tails: At least he can't possibly eat as much as you. I hear that overlanders, like the rest of us, have to actually obey the laws of physics.

Sonic: Whatever.

Eventually, we all ate, and even Sonic got full. I know; I can't believe it, either. Anyway, the process took roughly an hour, and it was really getting late. Everyone was tired.

Sonic: Well, Tails, I think it's time I was going. <yawn> Even I gotta sleep. Speaking of which, where are you gonna stay, overlander? We don't have any hotels.

Me: Don't worry about me, Sonic. Porygon, here, can create a nifty little shelter in just a few seconds.

Tails: Good thing, too. Metal is staying at Sonic's place.

Sonic: Yeah, and Amy's house is full of stuff from the town square.

Me: What? What happened?

Sonic: It's a long story, we'll tell you tomorrow.

Tails: I've got a couch.

Sonic: Uh, Tails, could I talk to you for a sec?

Tails: <walks over to Sonic, whispers> What is it?

Sonic: <whispers> Are you crazy? What if all this time, that overlander has just been waiting for us to drop our guard? He might wait until you fall asleep, and then…<makes beheading motion with finger> …It would be all over.

Tails: I know, but it's like he said earlier, how else is he supposed to prove that he's not evil? Besides, we let Metal stay with us, remember?

Sonic: Yeah, but at least then we were all there. It wasn't just you.

Tails: I know, but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Sonic: <sigh> Fine, I guess I can't stop you. But let the record show that I think this isn't a good idea.

Tails: Don't worry, Sonic. Everything will be okay.

Sonic: Do me a favor, and try to sleep with one eye open.

Tails: That's not possible, but I know what you mean.

Sonic: <stops whispering> Well, overlander, apparently Tails has gotten it into his head that you're not evil.

Tails: If you want, you can stay here.

Me: Hmm…I don't know. What do you think, Porygon?

Porygon: It'll save me some work.

Me: Heh, I'll take that as a yes.

Tails: So, are you staying?

Me: Looks like it.

Tails: Yes! Now you can tell me more about these video games!

Sonic: That reminds me…<holds up GBA> What do I do with this?

Me: Keep it. I can always make, er, buy another one.

Sonic: Cool. Maybe you're not so bad, after all. See ya, Tails. <leaves>

Tails: I've never been able to have a decent conversation with an overlander before. Robotnik just yells and tries to kill us.

Me: <sits in chair> Well, I'm here. What do you want to know?

Tails: <sits in other chair> Do you know anything about roboticization?

Me: Um…Isn't that what Robotnik does to people?

Tails: It turns them into robots.

Me: I see.

Tails: Do you know how to reverse it?

Me: I'm sorry, no.

Tails: <sigh> Aww…

Me: <thinking> I feel bad for him. If memory serves, his parents were roboticized. No wonder he asked me about it. I hope I haven't destroyed his hopes…Hey, wait a second! It just hit me…<talking> Of course, if I was able to capture and examine a roboticized person, I might be able to figure it out. The problem is that I'd have to take him or her back to the lab on my planet.

Tails: That is a problem. Hey, wait a minute! Would the examination hurt the person?

Me: I can't be sure. I doubt it, but it might even kill them. I don't even know how roboticization works, so I can't give you an accurate answer. Why?

Tails: Don't tell Sonic I said this, but his uncle is roboticized. The thing is, he's not fully under Robotnik's control.

Me: Ah, I get it.

Tails: Is there a way to tell if it would hurt them before you do anything?

Me: Well, I guess it would be possible…I could do some scans.

Tails: Great!

Me: All right, then. I'll be sure to check that out before I go.

Tails: Go?

Me: Well, I'm not gonna stay on this planet forever. I'll need to get back to my own planet sooner or later.

Tails: Aww…

Me: Don't worry, I'll come back and visit Mobius every now and then. Heh, maybe you guys can come visit Earth some time.

Tails: Earth?

Me: That's my planet. It's where us overlanders are from. By the way, we call ourselves humans.

Tails: Oh. Hey, that reminds me, I don't think you told us your name.

Me: I guess not. I'm Nathan. You can call me Nate. Everyone else does.

Tails: Oh. Hey, I've been meaning to ask you…If we're just characters in stuff on your world, then how are we here? And how much do you know about us?

Me: Well, I don't know about the first one, but I know a good deal about you and your friends. For example, I know that your real name is Miles Prower. I also know that you hate that name. I'm not sure, but I think your parents were taken and roboticized.

Tails: <sadly> Yeah…

Me: Sorry…

Tails: <sigh> It's okay. Sonic took me in, treated me like a brother.

Me: Yeah. Anyway, I also know that you can fly.

Tails: I know. That's really all these tails are good for. That, and they help me run faster.

Me: Don't forget the nickname you got because of them.

Tails: Heh, yeah, I guess there's that, too.

Me: Beyond that, I really don't know anything else about you-nothing significant, anyway.

Tails: What about you?

Me: Well, on my planet, I have a massive laboratory full of different things, mostly robots of some form or another. It's also got a giant big-screen TV. I've got my other video games hooked up to it.

Tails: TV?

Me: It's kinda like the monitor on a computer. In fact, they're practically the same thing.

Tails: Oh. What else?

Me: Well, um…I also have an armada of space ships. They come in handy when I come across a less-than-friendly planet.

Tails: Wow. Do all people on your planet have stuff like that?

Me: Nope. As far as I know, I'm the only one.

Tails: How did you get all that stuff?

Me: You know, I have no idea. I guess I just got more as time went on. It might have something to do with the way I like to invent things-mostly robots, sometimes other stuff.

Tails: You invent things?

Me: Yeah. Why?

Tails: I do too! Hey, maybe you could help me out!

Me: Um…okay.

Tails led me to the garage, where we discovered that the pieces of whatever had exploded were still scattered everywhere. We picked them up, and went back into the garage.

Me: Well, that's the last of it.

I noticed a large device on a table. It looked like a blaster of some sort. After a while, I realized that I recognized it.

Me: Hey, Tails…

Tails: Yeah?

Me: Is this a plasma blaster?

Tails: Uh-huh. How'd you know?

Me: I remember my first plasma blaster. The thing exploded when I tried to use it. I'm just glad I was smart enough to trigger it by remote.

Tails: What happened?

Me: It turns out I had the polarity reversed on one of energy pathways.

Tails: Were you able to fix it?

Me: Yup. Well, actually, I had to build a new blaster-the other one was pretty much gone-but I fixed the problem.

Tails: Did it work?

Me: It worked. Believe me. I think the crater is still at the testing site.

Tails: Wow…Do you think mine will be that powerful?

Me: Um…<examines blaster>…Yeah, more or less.

Tails: Cool! Now I know I'll have a good weapon to use against Robotnik!

Me: Just watch how you use it. A blaster like this will take a while to charge up.

Tails: How long?

Me: Usually around half a minute, give or take. But in combat, that can seem like forever.

Tails: You said you like to make robots. Is there anything around here that could make a good robot?

Me: Good for what?

Tails: Well, um…Fighting, I guess.

Me: What kind of fighting?

Tails: I don't know…What do you mean?

Me: Well, You know, short fights, long fights, shooting, punching, moving around, stuff like that…

Tails: Oh…Shooting, I suppose.

Me: Well, there's that blaster, and I think I see some electric motors…and here's some hydraulic stuff. I'd say it's possible, but a robot built from stuff that's just laying around probably wouldn't be much good.

Tails: Figures…

Me: Let me show you something…Hey, Porygon, come here for a sec!

Porygon: <hovers up beside me> What is it?

Me: Display a hologram of Metalporygon.

Porygon: I cannot generate a life-size image.

Me: I know. Make it small enough that it fits in the garage.

Porygon: Acknowledged.

Porygon floated down to the ground, and above him appeared a three-dimensional image of Metalporygon. The hologram was about two feet from top to bottom.

Me: This is arguably one of my best creations. It is obviously a lot bigger than this in real life, but this hologram will show you what it looks like.

Tails: Did you say that was Metalporygon?

Me: Yup. I created him. It's an upgraded form of Porygon here.

Tails: How?

Me: Porygon exists somehow, even though he is supposedly just a mass of computer code. He's not alive, but he's not quite a machine either. Heh, I suppose that he is technically an it. Anyway, Metalporygon is very powerful, very big, and more or less unstoppable.

Tails: Why not just keep Porygon upgraded?

Me: Well, Porygon's not exactly travel-size when he's like that. Plus people tend to run away from him. It's mostly due to the enormous amount of power that the upgrade takes. Metalporygon is fueled by a nuclear generator, but it starts to wear out after a week or so. By then, so am I, and there's usually no reason for him to still be upgraded.

Tails: You get worn out, too?

Me: I can't pilot him forever.

Tails: You pilot that thing?

Me: Oh yeah!

Tails: Is he capable of operating without a pilot?

Me: Of course. It's just more fun to control him.

Tails: …

Me: Well, the way I see it, if you're saving the world, you might as well have fun while you're at it. That's part of the reason why he's so big-I get a kick out of stepping on an enemy, looking down and saying `oops…I stepped in bad guy!'.

Tails: What's the other part?

Me: Giant robots are cool.

Tails: Oh.

Me: That, and the aliens I fight every now and then have more giant robots than you might think.

Tails: Cool, I guess.

Me: You bet it is.

Tails: <looks outside> It's getting really late…<looks at watch> Whoa! It's almost midnight!

Me: Really?

Tails: I'd better get to bed…The couch is in the front room.

Me: Okay. Night, Tails.

Tails: Good night.

Tails went to his room, and I plopped down on the couch, took out a palm pilot, and started writing in it. Porygon used his ability to create matter out of nothing to create a simple blanket and what amounted to an airline pillow. I wondered why I hadn't programmed something better. Oh well. I wrote down some of the stuff I learned about this place, put it back in my pocket, and went to sleep.

End chapter 1

What do you think?

Please review!