Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Vacation To Mobius ❯ The Next Day ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story. They are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

Please review this story! Someone! I need to know what people think of it!

Chapter 2: The Next Day

Porygon: BEEP BEEP!!

Me: <waking up> Huh?…<suddenly alert> Is it time to get up already? <sits up>

Porygon: Affirmative.

Me: <stands up> All right, then. I don't want to waste any time.

Porygon: You are not a morning person, sir.

Me: Yeah, I know. But I'm gonna try. <walks to fridge, opens it> Okay, let's see…<takes out four eggs> I hope these came from chickens…<closes fridge, takes four pieces of bread from bag on counter>…This looks normal enough…<finds skillet, places on stove>…Now let's see…<turns on gas stove>…Ah.

Porygon: Sir, what are you doing?

Me: I'm making one of my favorite foods.

Porygon: I see.

I made what I call egg-in-the-holes. Other people call them things like toad-in-the-holes, eggs-in-a-basket, etc. If you don't know what that is, then I guess it doesn't matter; it's not that important to the story. For those who know, I prefer to keep the yolk liquid. It makes a great dip for the bread. It took a while, and I also set two plates with two of the delicious treats on each of them. I set a fork next to each one. (duh)

Me: Okay. Now, let's wake Tails up.

Porygon: Be careful, sir. It is likely that his room is rigged with security devices.

Me: Hmm…You've got a point there. Why don't you do it.

Porygon: Me, sir?

Me: Yup. You can hover, and it would be easy for you to detect security. Just make sure not to scare him.

Porygon: Acknowledged.

Porygon used his teleport move to get inside the room. (the door was closed) He then silently hovered over to Tails's bed. He gently nudged the fox's shoulder several times.

Porygon: Tails…Tails, wake up…

Tails: <waking up> Wha…Porygon?

Porygon: Correct.

Tails: <sits up, rubs eyes> What are you doing here?

Porygon: My master requested that I awaken you.

Tails: What for?

Porygon: I believe he wishes to invite you to breakfast.

Tails: Breakfast?

Porygon: Affirmative.

Tails: <getting out of bed> Uh…okay…

Tails and Porygon exited the room, and entered the kitchen, where I was already at the table. Tails was a little confused when he saw the food on our plates.

Tails: Nate? <sits down> What is this?

Me: Good morning to you, too. Heh heh.

Tails: Sorry. I just wasn't expecting…whatever this is…

Me: This is one of my favorite foods back on my planet. Besides, I figured I owed you for dinner, so I made breakfast.

Tails: Thanks…But, what is this?

Me: It has different names, based on who you are. I call `em egg-in-the-holes.

Tails: <puzzled> Okay…Uh…How do you eat it?

Me: Watch. <uses side of fork to cut off piece of bread, tears hole in yolk covering, dips bread in yolk, eats>

Tails: <repeats the process> Hmm…<chewing>…Hey, this is great!

Me: I'm glad you like `em.

We ate, and Porygon watched, analyzing each of our reactions to this unusual food. He puzzled over us, we were strange to him; and yet familiar. Several minutes later, we were finished, and it was about then then there was a knock on the door.

Tails: <opens door>…Hey, Sonic. What's up?

Sonic: Well, Tails, you're alive…I guess that's something.

Tails: Yeah, but that's not why you're here, is it?

Sonic: No, Amy sent me here. She needs help cleaning up the rubble at the monument.

Tails: Again?

Sonic: It's slow going, even with Metal's help.

Me: Porygon and I could pitch in.

Sonic: Well, if it isn't the overlander. Thanks for not nixing Tails.

Me: Uh…No problem…<scratches head>

Sonic: <laughs> Well, maybe Tails was right about you after all. Anyway, we need all the help we can get, so go ahead and come with us.

Me: Okay. Porygon, let's go.

Porygon: Pory!

We all headed out, me riding Porygon to keep up with Sonic and Tails. Eventually, we made it to town square, where the remains of an enormous statue stood pathetically, with pieces scattered in every direction. It was a mess, and there were several villagers about, picking up the pieces. Sonic had told them about me, but they were still a little surprised, and somewhat afraid. Among them were Amy Rose and MS-02.

Me: Wow…What happened here?

Sonic: Robotnik happened.

Tails: We all thought he was dead, but it was just a clone. He came here one day, blasted the statue, and flew away, laughing.

Me: Ouch. So, Robotnik's still alive, huh?

Sonic: Very much so…he's been hassling us for the past few days. It's worse, now that he knows where Knothole is.

Me: What was this a statue of, anyway?

Sonic: Why, me of course!

Me: Ugh!

Sonic: What?!

Me: Nothing, it's just that I didn't expect that.

Tails: They made a statue of Sonic to recognize him as a hero.

Sonic: Yeah, but I'd be toast if it wasn't for Tails, here…and Knuckles, too, I guess…

Me: Is Knuckles around?

Sonic: No, his island probably on the other side of the planet.

Tails: It's just as well; I mean at least that way, the emeralds are safe.

Me: The chaos emeralds?

Tails: Yeah, how'd you know?

Me: Video games.

Tails: Oh, right…

Porygon: Are we going to talk all day, or are we going to work?

Sonic: Oops, I guess you're right. Let's go.

We all went down to the rubble, and started clearing the smaller pieces away. Most of the villagers avoided me; I guess I can't blame them; but It didn't take long for MS-02 to walk over to me, followed by Amy.

MS-02: You are the overlander that Sonic spoke of.

Me: Yeah, that's me. And you must be MS-02. Wow, you look so much cooler in real life.

MS-02: I do not understand.

Me: Check your memory banks under the subject of known overlanders. Look for one that matches me.

MS-02: <stands silently for a moment, thinking>

Me: Well?

MS-02: You are Nathan, nickname Nate.

Me: Yup.

MS-02: You…are my true creator? That does not compute…Robotnik constructed me…

Me: Keep searching your memory. You'll find all the answers.

MS-02: You are from a planet where we are characters in, amongst other things, fan-written stories…You are the author of the story in which I was created…I understand…I think…

Tails: You made him?!

Me: That's right. MS-02, here, was created by me in one of my stories.

Tails: But the, how is he here?

Me: An explanation of how all that stuff works is probably impossible. Just try not to think about it.

Tails: If you say so…Hey, wait a minute! You knocked me out!

Me: Yeah, sorry about that…Heh heh…But, I did bring you back, good as new. Like I said, it's easier not to think about it.

Amy: That's creepy…

Me: <looks around behind MS-02, finds Amy hiding behind him> Ah, you must be the infamous Amy Rose.

Amy: Sonic was right; You do know about us!

Me: O.o

Amy: You knew my name. That's all the proof I need that my hero wasn't lying! Oh, Sonic, I knew I could trust you!

Me: <thinking> Apparently, she doesn't realize that Sonic could've easily told me her name, and that I might not know anything about her. Oh well, I guess that's Amy for you…

Sonic: Well, Amy, I'd love to stay and chat, but we've got work to do.

MS-02: He is correct. We must hurry; We cannot know when Robotnik will strike again.

Porygon hovered above Tails, who was looking at him. Porygon glanced at the fox for a moment, then studied MS-02, scanning him. MS-02 found the appearance of Tails staring up at Porygon to be somewhat humorous, and his pupils momentarily changed from their usual rectangles to upside-down U's.

Porygon: Sir, this unit is different from the MS-02 that is in my memory banks.

Me: <studies MS-02> Hey, you're right, he has changed a bit.

MS-02: You are correct. I had Tails alter my hands to be able to retract the spiked knuckles; they were too dangerous to others when I am not fighting. Shortly afterwards, I removed the MS and 02 from the backs of my hands. I felt they presented an image that connected me with Robotnik.

Me: Interesting…You know, I had an idea not too long ago for an upgrade to your blasters. Come and find me some time. But not now, though. We have work to do.

MS-02: Acknowledged.

We all went back to clearing the rubble, and it was going pretty well, until I noticed that a large pillar was leaning dangerously over to one side. Without warning, it began to fall. Directly in its path was Amy, who was oblivious to all this. Seeing no alternative, I quickly tackled the pink hedgehog out of the way, just as the pillar crashed to the ground, shattering and sending a cloud of dust flying. It narrowly missed us.

Me: <standing up, coughing> Are you okay?

Without warning, Amy leaped up and bear hugged (choked) me. Behind me, Sonic burst out laughing, glad that he wasn't the victim for once. Eventually, she let go, and I was able to breath again. I was almost as blue as Sonic, and took a moment to recover.

Sonic: <laughing> You see what I go through? Maybe you should stick around, and give me a break from the ultimate fan, there.

Me: <out of breath> I have…a new respect…for the term…respiration…

Amy: You saved me!…Hey, Sonic! Why wasn't it you?!

Sonic: I'm not at liberty to say…

The conversation was cut short by a certain fat man in a flying ship. He flew up to us all, and…

Robotnik: It looks like you still haven't cleaned up after my wrath…I'm going to teach you a lesson!

Sonic: Not this time, fatty!

Me: I'd be careful if I were you. Now that I'm here, you're going down!

Robotnik: What's this? A human, like me?

Me: Human, yes. Like you? Not at all!

Robotnik: Why don't you come work for me?

Me: Too many reasons to list.

Robotnik: Fine, then! I'll just have to destroy you!

Me: I doubt that. Porygon!

Porygon: Yes sir! <fires laser at Robotnik, hits ship>

Robotnik: What is that thing?!

Me: That thing happens to be one of my best friends…and your downfall.

Porygon: <fires another laser, hits ship>

Robotnik: <sees smoke from ship> What are you doing?!

Me: I'm about to order Porygon to turn up the power. Do you really wanna try the medium setting?

Robotnik: You can't be serious!

Me: Porygon, am I serious?

Porygon: <fires stronger laser, severely damages ship>

Me: Wanna see the high setting?

Robotnik: My ship!! Very well, you win this time, but I'll be back! <flies away>

Sonic: That was incredible!

Me: Now, do you believe me?

Sonic: After that, how could I not?

Me: Finally!

Tails: I told you so!

Me: Hmm…Hey, guys! If you thought that was cool, check this out! <presses button on watch>

Porygon: Acknowledged!

Porygon flew high up into the air in front of me. He slowly spun around as his entire body began to glow a very bright white color. All of his parts melded onto a ball of light, which began to grow in size. While still growing, it sprouted legs and arms that were simple and indiscernible at first, but became more definite after a short while. About halfway through that process, the head, tail, and two odd devices just behind the back emerged from the ever-increasing mass of light. The center finally took the form of the torso, and all together, this thing stood several hundred feet high. Starting at the torso, and working its way to the extremities, energy radiated outwards, and changed this odd-looking thing from glowing white to dark red in some places, and dark blue in others. The head went last, and upon its color change, what seemed to be a heavy black line appeared to burn itself into the face of the head, ending in a large, rounded triangle shape on both sides. Its transformation complete, Metalporygon silently hovered a few feet off the ground, his incredible size casting a shadow over a portion of Knothole.

Tails: Is that…Metalporygon?!

Me: Yeah, that's him.

Sonic: Metal-who?

Tails: Nate told me about him last night. But I never imagined it would be this big!

Me: How else are you gonna step on people?

Sonic: Wait a second! Just what are you doing?!

Me: Relax, I wasn't talking about you guys. I'm referring to Robotnik and his SWAT-bots!

Amy: Just get it out of here!!

MS-02: I know of this Metalporygon…Somehow it is in my memory, as well…

Me: I made sure to include some important stuff deep inside your memory, in case something like this ever happened. Anyway, We gotta go, but don't worry. I promise to return in five minutes or less…Metalporygon, let's go!

MP: <deeper electronic voice> Acknowledged. <beams me into cockpit>

Me: <putting on virtual reality gear> Activate VR uplink…<puts on VR headgear>…and enable mind probe…

MP: Mental link established…VR control engaged…

Me: Great. Now, let's go show lard-lad that we mean business!

The two turrets that float right behind Metalporygon's back emitted a large flame from their under- sides. The extra thrust that this provided wasn't necessary for Metalporygon to fly, but it looked cool, so I made it a feature. He actually flies using complex anti-gravity thingys…Anyway, we flew off toward Robotropolis, and it didn't take long to get there. MP (Metalporygon)[duh] set down just outside the city's massive walls. Standing up, it was easy to look down through the enormous dome that covered the city. Inside it, we could see swarms of SWATbots headed for us.

Me: Methinks we're gonna have a smashing-good time!

MP: Should I record what we're about to do?

Me: Sure, I'll bet everyone will enjoy footage of SWATbots getting trampled, blown up, burned, melted, and whatever else we can think of…

MP: What about the innocents?

Me: What innocents?

MP: The roboticized individuals…We should avoid harming them.

Me: <sigh> You just had to remind me!…Okay, fine. We won't maim anyone that doesn't deserve it.

MP: The SWATbots have surrounded us…

Me: Let's make some room…<makes stomping motion with foot>

MP: <duplicates the action, due to the VR control. A dozen or so SWATbots are smashed>

We stomped those robots for a while, each time a stifled explosion coming from wherever it could escape from. I remembered my promise to return in less than five minutes, and decided to take it up a notch. MP fired several lasers that were bigger than ten of the robots, and destroyed several hundred each time. (Not to mention the really big gashes they made in the dirt) I then had him launch a few missiles, eight to be precise, each one coming from a separate launcher in MP's turrets. The missiles, too were fairly large, and between the gashes from the lasers and the craters from the missiles, I considered charging Robotnik landscaping fees. We could've reeked havoc for several days, but for some reason, I was compelled to get back to Knothole. So…

Me: I think we should head back.

MP: What for?

Me: We've destroyed nearly all of his SWATbots! Besides, I promised the others we wouldn't be here long.

MP: Perhaps we should give him something to remember us by…

Me: Well, we've re-landscaped this place, why not renovate while we're at it? Metalporygon, are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?

MP: Affirmative. We have a mental link, remember?

Me: Then what are we waiting for?

MP raised his hands into the air, and plunged them through the dome, shattering an entire section, making two giant holes, and sending glass or plastic or whatever it what was made of flying in all directions, most of it raining down into the city. The rest of the section looked as if it could break at ay moment, and was made worse when MP grabbed the frame, and twisted the edge of it upwards, fracturing two more sections of the dome. There was now an enormous gap between the top of the wall and the bottom of the dome.

Me: He's got a sun roof, now let's knock down one of these pesky walls…

MP raised his right leg and foot behind him, and landed a devastating kick to the portion of wall that had separated from the dome. Pieces of the wall were sent into the city, which now had a cloud of dust inside it, trapped by what was left of the dome.

MP: Now this place can have a little fresh air…once the dust settles, that is.

Me: Heh, yeah. It's too bad we can't go wonton Godzilla all over this place; too many innocent lives at stake. Oh well, I guess we should get going, anyway.

We flew back to Knothole, where MP beamed me down, before downgrading himself to Porygon again. He did so in a much less impressive fashion than that of the upgrade, glowing white, and returning to his original form. I'd been meaning to do something about that; it looked too much like something from Digimon. I didn't have the facilities to fix it then, and it wasn't at the top of my to do list.

Me: So, what did you think?

Sonic: Of what?

Tails: I think he means Metalporygon.

Sonic: Oh…Yeah, it's cool. Tails told us about him while you were gone.

Amy: Did you two actually do anything?

Me: See for yourself…Porygon, roll tape!

Porygon: I do not use tape, but I understand.

Porygon used his hologram projector to produce a large, flat screen in front of him. On it, he played the recording of our mass destruction, from his point of view. Everyone watched, memorized by what they saw.

Me: That should Robotnik out of our hair for a while.

Amy: No kidding…

Tails: Metalporygon is capable of such destruction…I wish I had something that cool…

Me: He can do all that and more, Tails. All that, and more…

Tails: Like what?

Me: You should see him fight in space…

Tails: He can go to space?!

Porygon: Affirmative.

Sonic: Space, huh? That gives me an idea…Hey, --what was it?-Nate?

Me: Yeah?

Sonic: Could I get a ride to space? There's something I need to do…

Me: Like what?

Sonic: Have you heard of Shadow the hedgehog?

Me: Well, I know of him, but I never met the guy.

Sonic: He gave his life to save this place. That statue should be of him.

Me: What does that have to do with space?

Sonic: I want to make a memorial to him on the ARK.

Me: Oh…

Sonic: …So, whataya say?

Me: We don't need Metalporygon to get to space…

Sonic: Huh?

Me: We could just use one of my ships…I'm pretty sure a small transport shuttle would fit through the portal.

Tails: That's right! You told me about you space armada…I think it would work!

Sonic: If you say so…Just do me a favor…

Me: What?

Sonic: Don't let Knuckles come.

Me: <laughs>…I understand…We'll go without Knuckles.

Porygon: When are we leaving?

Sonic: Let me go get some stuff…<leaves>

Amy: Hey, wait! We're supposed to clean this place up!

Me: Well, while he's gone, I guess I'll get the ship over here from my world…<presses button on watch, causing a small hologram to appear above it>

My watch is the coolest thing in the world…Huh? Oh, we're on? Okay, then…Um…I used the hologram on my watch to set up the transport of a transport shuttle. It looked similar to the ones on Star Trek, but with the warp-drive things on the top of the left and right sides. There was also a door on each side, rather than on the back. Anyway, once it was ready, I pressed another button on the watch, and a circular portal appeared in front of me. Shortly afterwards, the shuttle slowly emerged from the portal, and landed in front of us all. The door on my side opened, the hinges on the bottom, so that it formed a ramp to walk up into the shuttle.

Tails: Wow! I've got to get one of those watches!

Me: Sorry, Tails, it's one-of-a-kind.

Sonic: <running up to us, carrying a closed box of things> Okay, guys, I'm ready…<looks at shuttle> We're going in that thing?

Me: What's wrong with it?

Sonic: It doesn't even look like it can fly, let alone go to space.

Me: It's fine.

Amy: You guys!

Tails: We'll help you later, Amy!

Amy: Actually…I want to go, to!

Sonic: I thought you were obsessed with cleaning this place up.

Amy: I need a break.

Me: Hey, MS-02!

MS-02: Yes?

Me: You wanna come with us?

MS-02: Very well.

We all boarded the shuttle, and I sat in the pilot's seat. Tails wandered over to the co-pilot's seat, in awe of the strangeness of this new craft.

Me: Go ahead and sit down, I'll teach you how to fly this thing.

Tails: Thanks. <sits in co-pilot seat>

Me: Hey, Porygon, is everyone ready?

Porygon: Affirmative.

Me: Close the door, would ya Sonic? It's the green button on that panel.

Sonic: I see it…<pushes button, door closes>

Me: Looks like we're ready to go. <flips switches>

The engines could be heard powering up, and settled into a low humming noise. I raised he altitude lever, and the shuttle rose vertically from the ground. I then showed Tails how to ease the throttle up from zero to cruising speed. I then let him pull back on the yoke, and the ship angled upwards as we sped off toward the heavens.

Tails: This is amazing…and it's so easy to fly…

Me: Yeah, there's a dozen and a half little programs that assist in keeping the flight smooth. You know where the ARK is, right?

Tails: Well…actually, no.

Me: That's okay, I figured you wouldn't. <presses buttons on console> We can scan for it…

Amy: So, Sonic, just what are we doing?

Sonic: I'm gonna make a memorial to Shadow.

Amy: On the ARK?

Sonic: I think that's the best place for it…Hey, Tails, how much longer?

Tails: I'm not sure…

Me: Scanners just picked it up. We should be there in a few minutes. <takes control of shuttle, flies toward ARK.

MS-02: I have wanted to see the ARK for some time now.

Amy: That's right; I forgot you've never been there before.

Porygon: There is a lot to learn from the ARK, I'm sure.

Me: Yeah, I bet there's a ton of secrets locked up in that place.

Tails: The last time we were there, we didn't really have time to check it out.

Sonic: You were too busy blowing the stuffing out that place with your robot.

Tails: It's too bad the Tornado wouldn't fit in here.

Me: That's right, I forgot…

Tails: Forgot what?

Me: About the Tornado. That's one of the things I wanted too see while I was here.

Tails: Maybe we could check it out some time.

Sonic: I know Mobius pretty well. Was there anything else you had planned?

Me: Sure, lots of stuff.

Amy: Like?

Me: The chaos emeralds, for one thing. There's also the ARK, and Angel Island. I still haven't met Knuckles, and I also want to blow up Robotropolis at least once before I go. That's really all I can think of.

Sonic: That's quite a list.

MS-02: It seems possible, but what did you mean by `blow up Robotropolis at least once'?

Me: Well, if I know Robotnik, then he's probably got some way of rebuilding it if it blows up.

Tails: What about the roboticized people?

Me: Oh yeah, I forgot about them. I'll do what I can.

Sonic: What do you mean?

Me: I think it's possible to reverse the roboticization process. The problem is, I need someone to scan so I can find out how it happened in the first place.

Sonic: Uncle Chuck might be able to help you there.

Me: <thinking> Yeah, that's what Tails said…Of course, he also told me not to tell Sonic that he told me…<talking> Really? <winks at Tails>

Sonic: Yeah, my uncle still has some control of himself. As long as you don't hurt him, I think he'd be willing to help.

Me: Thanks, I'll have to ask him about it.

Amy: Are we there yet?

Sonic: Sure, Amy, just hop right out that door!

Amy: Okay…Hey! Wait a minute! I know what you mean! Grr!

Porygon: Uh-oh…

MS-02: No kidding.

Sonic relax, Amy, it was just a joke.

Amy: It wasn't very funny.

Sonic: <thinking> Okay…time to change the subject…<talking>…Uh, so, overlander, you want to see the chaos emeralds?

Me: Yeah, and the master emerald, too.

Sonic: Good luck. Knuckles isn't exactly the friendliest guy, you know.

Me: So I've heard.

MS-02: Of course, to see the emeralds, you'd have to go to Angel Island, where Knuckles is.

Me: Yeah, what's you're point?

MS-02: You could accomplish three objectives in a short time.

Sonic: With Knucklehead around, it would probably take forever.

Tails: Yeah.

Porygon: At least there is no risk of damage from Knuckles; my barrier will easily withstand his attacks.

Sonic: Is that what I bounced off of?

Porygon: Affirmative.

Sonic: That thing hurt!

Porygon: Not likely. My barrier does not do damage. Your injuries are from your impact with the barrier.

Sonic: Yeah, I guess.

Tails: <looking out front window> Hey, look! There's the ARK!

Me: Where?…<looks around>…Oh, I see it!

Amy: How much longer?

Me: not long if I do this…<moves throttle from cruising speed up to a higher setting>

The ship reacted quickly, and sent us toward ARK with a lot more speed. It took just a few seconds to reach it. I slowed the ship down, so that we could look for somewhere to dock. Eventually, we found a place, and it turns out we found something better than a simple dock-we found a hangar; an open one that used a force field to keep the air from escaping. I eased the shuttle into the hangar, hoping we weren't upside-down. (which way does this place face, anyway?) I engaged the landing gear, and the shuttle made a perfect landing. Luckily, I guessed right, and we got off the shuttle without incident.

Sonic: This brings back memories.

Tails: I know.

Amy: I hope there's nothing left to fight.

MS-02: It would be nice to explore this place without a fight.

Me: I'd keep my eyes peeled, just the same.

Porygon: I will protect us if trouble arises.

Sonic: Let's see if we can find that old lab again…I think that's the best place for the memorial.

Porygon: I can carry that box for you.

Sonic: Really? Thanks.

Porygon: <hits box with a beam of light that causes the box to dissapear> It has been stored as data.

Sonic: You can get it back, right?

Porygon: Absolutely.

Amy: Let's get this over with; this place gives me the creeps!

MS-02: You didn't have to come, you know.

Amy: I know, but I wanted to be with my hero!

Sonic: You don't mean me, do you?

Amy: Of course I do!

Sonic: Ugh!!

Amy: I'll ignore that.

Sonic: UGH!!

Amy: And that, too.

Tails: Can we focus?

Sonic: Tails is right, guys. Let's go.

Me: Okay, everybody remember where we parked.

We left the hangar, and started going down the hallway, following Porygon's copy of a wall map that was by the hangar door.

End chapter 2

Please review!