Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Vacation To Mobius ❯ ARK ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story. They are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

Please review my fic!

Chapter 3: ARK

We wandered through seemingly endless corridors hallways, big rooms, small rooms, etc., for a long time. I began to wonder why there were so many rooms and so much apparently pointless stuff. Eventually, we found one of the abandoned labs with an invisible floor. Right beneath us was Mobius, and it was quite a sight.

Sonic: Well, this looks like a good place.

Tails: Good; my feet hurt.

Sonic: That's because you don't use `em enough, buddy.

MS-02: <couching, examining floor> This floor seems to be constructed of a strange material…It is invisible, and glows when and where something touches it…

Amy: <steps onto floor> Hey, you're right…I guess we never had time to really notice when we were here last…

Me: Yeah, there's a lot of cool stuff in this place…<thinking> I remember Shadow saying that weapons of mass destruction were developed here, and that the eclipse cannon was just one of them…I wonder what the rest of them were…

Porygon: If you have selected a place, Sonic, I will re-materialize your collection of objects.

Sonic: Go for it!

Porygon: <fires small beam at ground, and in a flash of light, causes the box of items to appear>

Sonic: Thanks…<picks up box, takes it to one side of lab> Hey, guys, what do you think about putting it right here?

Tails: Sounds fine to me.

Amy: Yeah.

Sonic: Okay, then.

Sonic opened the box, and took out a picture of Shadow, (don't ask me how he got it) the fire bracelet that Shadow had, and a stand for something…

Amy: What's that for?

Sonic: For this…<takes out the green chaos emerald from the box, places it on stand>…This was the emerald he had when I first saw him use the chaos control.

Tails: Aren't you worried that someone will find it?

Sonic: In this abandoned old place? No way.

MS-02: But what if we need it later on?

Sonic: It's a risk I'm willing to take…for Shadow…

Me: I think it's fitting. Shadow deserves it.

Sonic: It and more; after all he died so that the rest of us would survive. I just wish I knew who that Maria person was…He was always talking about her.

Tails: Hey, Nate, do you know?

Me: Well, let's see…Maria, according to what I know, was the granddaughter of that crazy Gerald Robotnik guy. Apparently, Shadow and her were the best of friends. Then, one day, the military showed up on the colony and she got shot somehow. She sealed Shadow in one of those capsule things and sent him to Earth-I mean-Mobius right before she died.

Sonic: So that's why he always acted so distant…

Me: Shadow was confused and alone, so he hid his feelings by turning to evil. His memory was in pieces, which slowly put themselves back together as time went on. Originally, he thought that Maria had wanted revenge, but it turns out she wanted Shadow to give the people of your planet the chance to be happy. That's why he fought with you instead of against you in the end.

Tails: I need to play more video games.

Me: Of course, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how everything was. <thinking> It just hit me…If Professor Gerald was Maria's grandfather, wouldn't that make her Robotnik's sister, or cousin, or something? I guess I never thought of them as related before…

MS-02: Is there anything else you plan to do here, Sonic?

Sonic: <sigh> Not really, no…

Tails: Don't feel bad, Sonic…

Amy: It's in the past…There's nothing you can do.

Sonic: I know…but…<sigh>

Me: Come on, Sonic…Let's go…

Sonic: You're right…I guess we should get out of here…

Porygon: Are we going to explore the ARK?

Sonic: You guys go ahead…I'll be in the shuttle…

Amy: I won't hear of it! You're coming with us, Sonnie!

Tails: Yeah, come on!

Sonic: <sigh> Okay…

We exited the lab, and wandered down an unusual corridor.

Me: Uh…Porygon, just where does this thing lead?

Porygon: Numerous locations…However, the most direct destination is the central control room of the colony.

Me: The central control room…Oh, I remember that place!

After some walking, we finally arrived at the control room. The large door opened, and we stepped inside. However, We weren't the only ones in the room. Standing at the control panel was…

Sonic: KNUCKLES??!!

Knuckles: What the--<turns around>--Sonic?! What are you guys doing here?!

Sonic: We could ask you the same question!

Knuckles: Well, I uh…

Tails: You weren't trying to activate the cannon again, were you?

Knuckles: Of course not!

Amy: Then…Why are you here?

Knuckles: Well, if you must know…

*start flashback, from Knuckles's point of view*

I was watching the ground pass beneath me at the edge of Angel Island. It was over the desert. I noticed that pyramid that Robotnik had, and I remembered how we had made it into space from there. The Island was moving slowly, and I've left it before, so I went down to investigate. Luckily, the doors that the shuttle took off from were still open, so I dropped in. Originally, I wanted to make sure there weren't any threats to anyone left in that base. So, when I found the control room, I figured I'd just shut it down. But then, I discovered that the control panel was also a space transporter. I remembered all the stuff on the ARK that had to do with the chaos emeralds, so I activated it. The next thing I knew, I was on the ARK. I found my way to this room, in hopes of finding out more about the chaos emeralds.

*end flashback, end Knuckles's point of view*

Sonic: Oh…Hey, wait a minute! I thought you knew everything about the chaos emeralds!

Knuckles: <sweat drop> Eh heh…well, I uh…

Sonic: <slyly> So…The mighty guardian isn't so perfect after all…

Knuckles: Can it, Sonic. Now, tell me why you're here.

Amy: We came here to make a memorial thing for Shadow.

Knuckles: Shadow, huh? How'd you get here?

Me: <walks out from doorway> That would be my doing.

Knuckles: An overlander?! What are you doing here?!

Me: <thinking> Oh geez…Here we go again…

Knuckles: <glides toward me, fists first> I won't let you harm anyone!

Sonic: Knuckles, NO!!

It was too late. The echidna bounced off of the barrier that Porygon put up just in time. Knuckles grabbed onto a nearby wall, and climbed up next to us.

Knuckles: What was that?!

Me: Thanks, Porygon.

Porygon: Pory!

Sonic: I tried the same thing, Knucklehead. It doesn't work.

Knuckles: How can you associate with…him?

Tails: He's not a bad guy, Knuckles!

MS-02: Affirmative. He is on our side.

Knuckles: Yeah right!

Porygon: <shows video of Robotropolis getting mangled>

Knuckles: Whoa…But that doesn't prove anything! So he's not with Robotnik, so what? He might still want to get rid of us!

Amy: Then why did he save me?

Knuckles: He did what?!

Sonic: It's true.

Knuckles: <slyly> Maybe he realized that she's as big of a threat as any overlander…

Amy: HEY!!

Knuckles: <bursts out laughing>

All except Amy: <snickers>

Amy: <fuming with anger> If you want to see your next birthday…I suggest you stop…

Several head injuries later…

MS-02: So Knuckles, have you learned anything?

Knuckles: Yeah…Never make Amy mad…

MS-02: I mean about the chaos emeralds…

Knuckles: No, that database is locked up tighter than Fort Knox!

Me: <thinking> How does he know about Fort Knox?

Porygon: I could probably get in…

Knuckles: How?

Me: You guys remember how Porygon is made from physical computer data?

Tails: Yeah.

Me: Well, he can return to his data form, and actually enter the computer!

Tails: Whoa! Really?!

Porygon: Affirmative.

Knuckles: One question.

Me: What?

Knuckles: Why are we still here?

Sonic: That's my kind of attitude! Let's go!

Me: Okay!

We all ran up to the control console, and Porygon flew hovered right in front of the screen. After a moment, he was slowly absorbed into it. We could see a small picture of him on the screen. We all watched as Porygon went from window to window, into and out of icons, occasionally causing thousands of lines of programming to scroll across the screen for a few seconds before they disappeared. After a few minutes, the movement stopped, and we heard Porygon's voice from the speakers.

Porygon: I'm in. Now what?

Knuckles: See if you can find anything on the chaos emeralds.

Porygon: Searching…There's a lot of stuff here. Could you be more specific?

Knuckles: Uh…something I don't know…

Sonic: <snicker>

Knuckles: Shut up, Sonic.

Porygon: I am unaware of your knowledge.

Knuckles: then I guess we should start at the beginning.

Tails: That could take forever!

Me: I think there's a fast way…

Knuckles: Really?

Me: Porygon could upload the information directly to your brain.

Knuckles: Oh no you don't! I'm not letting some overlander gizmo mess with my brain!

Me: Relax, it's simple. Okay, well, I guess it's actually really complicated, but you don't have to do much.

Knuckles: What do you mean?

Me: All you do is stand there. Porygon does all the work. Show him, Porygon!

Knuckles: Hey, wait a minute!

Before he could do anything, Knuckles was hit by a small beam of electricity from the screen. It his head. Paralyzed, the echidna could do nothing but let it continue. After a few minutes, the beam ended, and Knuckles fell to his knees.

Tails: What was that?

Me: Knuckles just learned everything in the computer about the chaos emeralds!

Tails: How?

Me: Porygon uses an electrical connection to communicate directly with his brain. It uses impulses of electricity similar to those generated by the neurons in the brain. He can also read and interpret those impulses. That's how he reads and communicates with peoples minds. And it's one of the most important parts of the control system for Metalporygon.

Knuckles: Man…what hit me?

Me: Hey, Knuckles, how much do you know about the chaos emeralds?

Knuckles: <thinking> A lot more than I did a minute ago…

Porygon: <exits the computer> The upload was a success.

Knuckles: I thought I told you not to do that!

Me: Saves time. Besides, you're still alive, aren't you?

Knuckles: So?!

Me: And, you're smarter!

Sonic: Face it, Knuckles, he's not evil.

Tails: We told you he was one of us.

Knuckles: Hmm…I don't know…

Amy: Just do it!

MS-02: He is not bad.

Knuckles: <sigh> If it'll shut you guys up, then fine. He's one of us. Whatever you say.

Sonic: Great…Now, let's get out of here.

Tails: Why are you so anxious to go?

Sonic: Without Robotnik around, this place is pretty boring.

Me: I'm with Sonic. This place is kinda dull…At least, it is when you've seen it all before.

Tails: Do you think Porygon could download all the data on this place before we go?

Me: Of course he could. Porygon, get to it.

Porygon: I already did. I figured it would be useful.

Tails: Then, I guess I've got all I need. Let's go.

Amy: I'm hungry. Let's get out of here.

MS-02: It would seem that we are in agreement.

Porygon: The shuttle's this way…Follow me.

We made our way back to the shuttle, and everybody piled in. We took off, and headed for Mobius. Knuckles was kind of nervous about riding in anything having to do with an overlander, but of course, he didn't show it.

Knuckles: Are you sure this thing is safe?

Me: Of course it is.

Tails: Hey, Nate…

Me: Yeah?

Tails: Would you mind if…I fly the shuttle for a while?

Me: Go ahead!

Tails grabbed the controls, and the shuttle lurched a bit.

Knuckles: Whoa! What was that?!

Me: Calm down, it's just Tails takin' the wheel.

Sonic: Yeah, relax, Knuckles.

Me: Okay, Tails…We're about to re-enter the atmosphere. Normally, this is very hard, but since we're not in freefall, we can go slowly and enter it without problems.

Tails: Cool!

Eventually, we landed near Tails's house. It was nearly dusk, but Sonic wanted a race.

Sonic: Man, I haven't had any exercise today!

Me: What do you call all that walking around on the ARK?

Sonic: When you run like I do, walking isn't exercise.

Tails: Yeah, I need to give my tails a good spin.

Porygon: I, too, could use a good speed burst.

Me: Then, let's go! <stands on Porygon, who is now in hover board mode>

Knuckles: Don't forget about me!

Sonic: Ready…set…GO!!

We all shot forward, fairly evenly matching each other in terms of speed. Racing off toward the horizon, we all had fun for the first time in a long time.

End chapter 3

Okay, so this one was short, but the next one shouldn't be. Please review!