Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Vacation To Mobius ❯ Uncle Lunar ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story. They are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

Have you ever played `Mischief Makers' for the N64? It was never very popular, so odds are you've never even heard of it. If you get a chance, (and still have your N64), go play it. It's really quite fun. Why am I talking about this? One of the boss characters, Lunar the wolf, is in this chapter. I'll do what I can as far as getting a picture of Lunar goes.

Chapter 4: Uncle Lunar

We raced straight forward for a mile or so, and Sonic told us all to turn around and race back to the shuttle. We did so, and Sonic won. It was a close race, though.

Sonic: And Sonic takes first place!

Knuckles: What are you talking about? I was first!

Tails: No, It pretty easy to tell…Sonic won.

Me: I saw it, too.

Amy: Well, boys, congratulations on wasting another day that we should have spent fixing the park!

MS-02: I do not believe it was a waste.

Amy: Well, we're all going to work twice as hard tomorrow!

Knuckles: Uh…I've uh…I've got to get back to Angel Island!

Sonic: Cop-out!

Knuckles: <shrugs, runs away>

Sonic: I hate it when he does that…

Amy: <sigh> In the mean time…let's get something to eat.

Tails: Food! I'm all for it!

Me: I could go for some chow myself.

Sonic: Yeah, me too.

I parked the shuttle behind Tails's house, and we found a small restaurant and had dinner. By the time we finished, it was dark outside. Everyone said their goodbyes and went home. I plopped down on a chair at Tails's house. He more or less did the same thing on the couch.

Me: Phew! What a day!

Tails: No kidding…

Porygon: Indeed.

Me: I'm not used to walking around like that all the time…My feet are killing me!

Tails: In that case…<picks up pillow>…you'll be no match for me!

Me: <imitating a poorly translated kung-fu movie (you know, weird voices, the mouth not matching the dialogue, etc.> You underestimate me…<picks up another pillow>

Tails: <also imitating> It is you that underestimates me…

Me: Ha ha! You cannot defeat me, for I have the power of the great Fluffyus!

Tails: I am more powerful than Fluffyus ever was!

Me: You dare insult Fluffyus? I shall avenge him!

Tails: You will avenge no one! <picks up anther pillow; now has one in each hand>

Me: Two pillows? You are stronger than I thought!

Tails: Now, feel my wrath!

Porygon: <confused> Uh…what are you doing?

Ignoring Porygon, Tails and I lunged at each other, hitting one another with pillows. I had to be careful not to hit him too hard. (I'm nearly twice as tall as him, after all). We occasionally faked injuries, said lame action phrases, and whatnot.

Tails: <flies into the air, pillows ready> Now I will finish you!

Me: What is this? You have the power of flight?

Tails: I told you I was more powerful!

Me: You will finish nothing! I shall destroy you!

More fighting. That fox was pretty sneaky, but I got in a few good hits. Porygon still couldn't figure out what we were doing or why. Our fighting was interrupted by the deafening sound of a motorcycle engine from outside. It roared up to the house, and the tires shrieked as it came to a stop.

Tails: What the heck is that?!

Me: I don't know!

Porygon: It would seem to be a vehicle of some sort.

Me: Yeah, a really loud one…

Tails: Whatever it is, it's right in front of my house!

Porygon: Perhaps we should investigate.

There was a knock on the door, and Tails cautiously went up to it.

Me: Careful, Tails.

Tails: Right.

Tails opened the door, and behind it stood a large wolf with dull red torso armor and shoulder pads. He was wearing what looked like a red shirt under it, and long black jeans with the ends folded up a bit. He must've been a good seven feet tall, and was rather fierce looking.

Lunar: Hey, Tails, remember me?

Me: <thinking> Lunar?! It can't be?!

Tails: What?! Who the heck are you?

Lunar: Well, it was worth a shot. Anyway, It's me, your uncle Lunar.

Tails: Who?!

Lunar: <hands a picture to Tails> Take a look at this…

Tails: <holding picture, looks at it> There's me…when I was little…

Me: <looks at picture> Even more so than now?

Tails: And…there's you, rubbing my head…

Lunar: Yeah, that's a photo of me and you at a family reunion a few years back.

Tails: Who took this?

Lunar: Come to think of it, I don't remember…

Tails: So, part of my family is alive!

Me: Lunar, huh?

Lunar: That's my name.

Tails: Uncle Lunar…Wow! I have an uncle!

Lunar: <lifts Tails up with both hands> That's right!

Me: <thinking> I wonder…<talking> Uh, hey Lunar…

Lunar: Yeah?

Me: Where've you been all this time?

Lunar: My mercenary unit's been on call for a lot of crap…It took forever, but I finally got a chance to come visit my nephew.

Tails: A mercenary unit? Really?

Lunar: Yep. We've had some crazy adventures, but somehow we manage to survive.

Me: <thinking> I remember a lot about the game this guy was in…I wonder what it was like from his point of view…<talking> Say, you wouldn't happen to have gone to another planet, would you?

Lunar: All the time.

Me: Ever been to Planet Clancer?

Lunar: How'd you know?

Me: Long story. What happened?

Lunar: <sets Tails down> Clancer…I remember that planet well…

Me: Must've been interesting.

Lunar: Yeah, it was a weird one all right. We came across this weird robot girl named Marina. Somehow, she managed to beat us. Even Merco couldn't stop her.

Tails: Who's Merco?

Lunar: He's one of us. There's me, Merco, and Taurus…and of course, our vehicles.

Porygon: Was it one of your vehicles that made all that noise?

Lunar: Yeah, that was it…Cerberus Alpha is pretty noisy.

Tails: Cerberus who?

Lunar: That's the name of my motorcycle.

Tails: Oh.

Lunar: Hey Tails, it just hit me…Why is a human in your house?

Tails and Me: Long story…

Lunar: Right…Whatever. I'm surprised you're still up; it's pretty late. <looks around at the room> It looks like a hurricane hit this place…

Tails: Kung-fu pillow wars.

Lunar: O.o

Tails: Don't ask.

Lunar: Uh-huh…Well…

Tails: So what brings you here?

Lunar: I came to check up on you, Tails. You've got a house, and you're still alive, so I guess you're doing pretty well.

Tails: Yeah, Sonic and me have made a name for ourselves.

Lunar: Is that that blue hedgehog?

Tails: That's the one.

Lunar: I heard about what happened to your parents…and how Sonic took you in. I guess I owe him for that. It's too bad you couldn't come with me.

Tails: Yeah, I'm still not sure how to think of Sonic; I mean he's been a brother, a father, and a friend to me since that day.

Me: There's a chance that we could get his parents back…I think…

Lunar: You mean we could get my brother back?

Me: Could be…

Lunar: Awesome…

Tails: Do you have a place to stay, uncle Lunar?

Lunar: I figure I'll just camp out again.

Tails: What do you mean, again?

Lunar: I've been camping out for the past week or so. It wasn't easy finding this place, you know.

Me: Stay here, Lunar. Porygon and I will camp out tonight.

Tails: Are you sure?

Me: No problem!

Lunar: Thanks, I appreciate it.

Me: <walks toward door> Come on, Porygon.

<a pillow flies through the air and hits my head>

<WHAP!>

Me: Ow! What was that?!

Tails: <laughing hysterically> I win!

Porygon and I walked outside. Using his ability to materialize matter, he constructed a green tent, with a sleeping bag inside. We climbed in, and I fell asleep.

The next morning…

Porygon: BEEP BEEP!

Me: <opens one eye, then both> Unnhh…I hate camping…

Porygon: Good morning, sir.

Me: <sits up> Well, Porygon, let's get this stuff cleaned up…

Porygon: Acknowledged…<converts tent and sleeping bag into data, absorbs it>

Me: Good, thanks. Now, let's go find some breakfast.

Porygon: Where?

Me: Simple. Restaurant.

Porygon: Good idea…I think.

Me: What's wrong?

Porygon: The natives may have not adjusted to us yet.

Me: Good point…but let's try it anyway.

We were about to leave when The door to Tails's house opened. The yellow fox and his uncle stepped outside. We were both a little surprised to find each other awake so early.

Me: Hey, Tails, you're up early.

Tails: It was uncle Lunar.

Lunar: Maybe you could help me convince Tails that it's good to get up early.

Me: Actually, I'd rather sleep in, too. Porygon, here, he's the one that gets me up.

Porygon: That's right.

Lunar: So that little guy's yours, then, huh?

Me: Yup.

Lunar walked over to a big red motorcycle, one I hadn't noticed the night before. After looking at it, I recognized it as a three-dimensional Cerberus Alpha. It was bigger than I thought it would be, and much more fierce looking. Lunar sat down on the big red bike, and helped Tails up.

Lunar: You want a ride?

Me: No thanks, Lunar. I'll follow you on Porygon. By the way, is this thing Cerberus Alpha?

Lunar: The one and only.

Me: Cool.

I got onto Porygon, and we sped off toward a place to eat that was open this early. Apparently, Lunar and Tails had also planned to eat out. We arrived, (and probably woke up half of Knothole in the process; Cerberus Alpha is really loud.)

Lunar: <turns off Cerberus, helps Tails off before getting off himself> We're here, let's eat.

Me: Ditto.

Tails: Yeah, I'm starved.

We ate, and afterwards, it was back to Tails's place, where we explained my reason for being there to Lunar. He must've been through some strange things before, because he seemed un-amazed by our story.

Me: And that's pretty much it.

Lunar: Hmm…interesting.

Tails: Tell us about yourself, uncle Lunar…

Lunar: Well, let's see…I'm a-

He was interrupted by knock at the door. Tails opened it, and looked up at Sonic, who had an `uh-oh-what-have-you-done-now?' look on his face.

Tails: Hey, Sonic! Come in.

Sonic: Hey, buddy. I saw that big red motorcycle outside and wondered if it was yours.

Tails: Nope, it belongs to my uncle Lunar.

Sonic: Your uncle who?

Lunar: That would be me.

Sonic: <sees Lunar> Whoa! Where did you come from?

Lunar: Heh, heh, Tails was the same way, too. I guess you don't remember me, either.

Sonic: Not quite…

Lunar: You must be Sonic. I'm Lunar the wolf. The last time I saw you, you weren't much bigger than Tails is now.

Sonic: It's coming back to me…I think I remember you…

Lunar: It'll come back. In the mean time, I'd like to thank you for taking care of my nephew here.

Sonic: No problem!

Tails: Hey, uncle Lunar, I almost forgot! <uses tails to fly up>

Lunar: Well, it looks like you found a good use for that second tail after all.

Sonic: Yeah, he's gotten really good with that. Not to mention his inventions.

Lunar: Yeah, Tails told me about some of the stuff he built last night, but he never mentioned being able to fly. That's pretty cool.

Tails: And it comes in handy.

Lunar: I'll bet.

The door was still open when Amy walked up to it, followed by MS-02.

Amy: And you can all help us fix the park!

Lunar: Who are you?

Amy: Aaaahhh!! Who's that?!

Tails: Calm down, Amy, it's just my uncle Lunar!

Lunar: So you're Amy, huh?

Amy: <cautiously> Uh…y-yeah, that's me…

Lunar: And I guess You're Metal Sonic.

MS-02: Affirmative.

Lunar: Tails told me about you guys.

Amy: Well, he's got some explaining to do about you.

Tails: This is my uncle Lunar. He's a wolf, and he's been around the galaxy with his mercenary unit for several years.

Lunar: That about covers it.

We walked outside, and Lunar showed off his bike. Little did we know that we were being watched…by Robotnik! He silently hovered up to us in his ship and…

Robotnik: That's a nice motorcycle, but my machines are even better!

All: <turn around and look at Robotnik>

Sonic: You!

Robotnik: Your human friend and his little machine caused a lot of havoc at my city, and I'm here to return the favor!

Lunar: Not on my watch! <takes out machine gun, points it at Robotnik>

Robotnik: Who are you?!

Lunar: EAT LEAD!! <fires machine gun at Robotnik>

Robotnik: <trying to dodge shots> What's going on here?!

Lunar: <switches gun to power burst mode> YOU'RE MINE!! <fires, hits ship>

Robotnik: My ship!! Oh, I'll get you for this!!

Lunar: Not likely! Cerberus Alpha!

Lunar's motorcycle's engine roared to life, and the bike drove itself up next to Lunar. The angry wolf jumped onto it, standing up. They took off after Robotnik, who was trying to get away.

Lunar: you're goin' down!

Cerberus Alpha fired a barrage of four missiles at Robotnik. Each one was a direct hit, and his ship began to go down. The laser on the back of the bike charged up and fired, hitting Robotnik's ship.

Robotnik: No! I'm going down! <ejects from ship> My guard robot will slow you down!

With that, a large robot tank-thing came out of nowhere and attacked Lunar. It missed, and Lunar jumped off his bike, and used his special jetpack to glide just above the ground at incredible speed. Hew followed Robotnik's ejection seat as it flew toward Robotropolis.

Lunar: Beast-change!

Cerberus Alpha transformed into a large wolf-robot, and it attacked the robot tank. Meanwhile, Lunar continued to follow Robotnik. Eventually, he saw Robotropolis, and gave up on chasing Robotnik.

Lunar: You got away this time, but if you ever show your ugly face around me again, I'll kill you!

He turned around, and flew back toward Knothole. Halfway there, he met back up with Cerberus Alpha, who was back in motorcycle mode. They arrived back at Tails's house, and Lunar informed everyone of what had happened.

Sonic: Wow, you really took it to him!

Lunar: Doing it any other way would be useless.

Tails: That's my uncle, all right.

Me: Impressive.

Amy: Wow!

Sonic: What's got you so excited?

Amy: Having him around will make cleaning the park a lot easier!

All: <face vault>

Amy: Well it will…Come on, let's go!

We reluctantly followed the pink hedgehog to the park, and began working.

End chapter 4

Please review!

And don't forget to play mischief makers!