Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Vacation To Mobius ❯ Elk ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story. They are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

This one picks up where chapter 4 left off, since `honey, I shrunk the kitsune' isn't an actual part of the storyline.

Chapter 6: Elk

It was sometime in the afternoon at the park, which I have secretly decided to call `the park of perpetual unclean'. We'd been laboring for hours, and I was beginning to wonder what kind of a vacation this was. Finally, the self-proclaimed manager of the cleanup, Amy, let us return home. Porygon and I followed Lunar and Tails back to the fox's house…

Tails: Whew! Sometimes I think that place'll never get clean!

Me: Must be some strange plot device.

Tails: A what?

Me: Nothing, nevermind…uh…Hey Tails, why don't we go take a look at that project you were telling us about?

Tails: Okay. It's in the basement! Follow me!

Lunar: I'll hang out up here, thanks.

Tails: Suit yourself.

Tails led Porygon and me to a locked door. Next to it was a security keypad, and the fox dialed in a few numbers. The door opened, and we went inside. The basement was huge, and it contained most of Tails's inventions.

Me: This place kinda reminds me of my lab back on Earth.

Tails: Really?

Me: Yup. So, where's this thing you wanted to show me?

Tails: It's over here!

We went to the center of the room, and found a large box-like device with innumerable wires and buttons sticking out of it.

Me: So, this is it, huh?

Tails: Yeah, it's my inter-dimensional transporter. I set it to lock on to your dimension.

Me: My dimension? But how?

Tails: You're not the only one with a bunch of secret gadgets.

Me: I should've known…

Porygon: Pory!

Me: What's that supposed to mean?

Tails: Should we try it out?

Me: I dunno…You think it'll work?

Tails: Well…I'm sure it'll to do something.

Me: Good enough for me. Go ahead and fire it up.

Tails: Okay.

He pressed a few buttons on the machine, and it started up. There were flashing lights and whirring noises.

Tails: Okay, the link is open. I'm preparing to transport.

At that moment, somewhere in Texas, USA, Earth…

Elk: Finally, a break!

She reached down to press the power button on her Gamecube, which had Sonic Adventure 2: Battle in and ready to play. Little did she know that she was about to experience realism beyond that of any next-generation system. Because at the same instant she pressed the button, Tails pressed the transport button on his device.

Elk: Huh? What's going on?

A strange, spiraling vertex opened up in front of her, sucking her in.

Elk: WWWAAAAHHHH!!!!

Meanwhile…

Me: Uh…Tails?

Tails: Yeah?

Before I could say anything, there was a bright flash of light as the machine exploded. As the smoke was clearing, I asked:

Me: What were you planning on transporting?

Tails: Oops…I guess I hadn't thought that far ahead…

Me: <sigh> Tails, I swear…

Our conversation was interrupted by the coughing of another person that was standing where the machine had been. All three of us turned to face the stranger.

Tails: What the…Is that…an overlander?

Elk opened one eye to look around. As her vision cleared, she saw a familiar face.

Elk: <cough> T-tails? Is that you?

Tails: <cautiously>…Yeah…

Elk's eyes widened.

Elk: Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! It's you! You're real! You're really real!

Tails: Yeah, the last time I checked, I was pretty real.

Me: Looks like you transported another human, Tails.

Tails: I noticed.

Porygon: Scanning…Biotic life form detected. Species confirmed as human, native to Earth.

Me: This is gonna get complicated.

Elk: Hey, you're a human, too! How'd you get here?!

All: Long story.

Elk: Is Sonic here?! What about everyone else?!

Me: First, welcome to Mobius. Sonic's around here somewhere, all right, and some of the others are, too.

Elk: Can I see them?!

Me: Tails, would you mind explaining all this while I go tell Lunar about our new visitor?

Tails: Why me?

Me: Because you know more about Mobius than I do.

Tails: But you're the one with the video games!

Me: Just do it!

I ran upstairs before Tails could respond. Tails explained what he could while I prepared Lunar. They made their way up, too.

Me: So Lunar, don't be surpri-oh, there they are now.

Elk: Whoa! I don't remember you in any Sonic games!

Tails: <sarcastically> Oh great! Another gamer!

Lunar: So we've got company, eh? Should we tell Sonic?

Elk: Of course you should! I can't wait to meet them all!

Me: How are we supposed to get Sonic over here? We don't even know where he is!

Tails: <smirking> Leave that to me!

He ran into the kitchen and retrieved a fresh, hot chilidog. He opened the front door, and held it out. Seconds later, it was snatched away by a certain blue hedgehog that walked in the door.

Sonic: <while chewing> Thanks for the snack, Tails.

Tails: Sonic, there's something we need to tell you. There's another one.

He pointed at Elk.

Sonic: Another one what? …Oh, an overlander….AN OVERLANDER?!!!

Tails: Here we go again…

Sonic: It's raining overlanders!

Me: Don't worry, there's an explanation for…uh, what's your name?

Elk: Call me Elk.

Me: Okay…Anyway, there's an explanation for Elk, here…I think.

Sonic: Don't tell me…Another one of Tails's crazy machines blew up again, right?

Tails: <nods>

Sonic: <sigh> What am I gonna do with you, little buddy?

Elk walked up to the hedgehog, examining him.

Elk: …You're real too!!!

Sonic: ?

Me: First time inter-dimensional traveler.

Sonic: Inter-what?

Me: Never mind. Did you say your name was Elk?

Elk: No, I said you could call me Elk. I'm Chantre Rodriguez.

Me: <mouth drops open> No way! Elk?!

Elk: Did I say something wrong?

Me: No, it's just that I'm surprised that of all the possible things to get transported here, we got you.

Elk: So am I. But I still don't quite get what you're saying.

Me: It's me, Nate!

Elk: …You mean…from the e-mails?

Me: Yeah, that's me.

Elk: You're kidding, right?

Me: No, I'm not.

Sonic: I hate to break up the reunion, but uh…I think we have company.

He pointed outside, and we all walked out. The hedgehog pointed skyward, and we saw a mad scientist flying toward us.

Me: Not again!

Elk: Is that Robotnik?


Me: Yeah, that's fatty all right.

Elk: I wonder what he has up his sleeves this time…

Tails: Up his sleeves? You mean like…his armpits?

Elk: No, it's an expression back on Earth. It means `what is he planning?'.

Sonic: Knowing him, he'll probably sit there for half an hour explaining his next failure.

Robotnik flew up to us in a new ship.

Lunar: <points gun at Robotnik> Okay, buddy! I warned you about showing up around here again!

Robotnik: Go ahead and try! My deflector shield will protect me!

Lunar opened fire, and each round bounced off the shield.

Robotnik: Ah ha ha ha ha! I told you so!

Sonic: <annoyed> All right, let's get this over with…What do you want, Robotnik?

Robotnik: You act like I'm boring or something.

Sonic: Well, your plans do get kinda old after the first 700 times!

Robotnik: Ah, but this plan is new! I'm going to capture your little friend, Amy!

Sonic: Okay, two things. First, that plan is not new. It's the oldest one in the book, and you've captured Amy like a dozen times. Second, it's not gonna work, so why don't you just fly away and save us the trouble.

Robotnik: Silence! Are you saying my plan is old?

Sonic: Oh, geez, do I have to spell it out for you? YES! That plan is ANCIENT!

Elk: <to Me> When you've been fighting as long as these two have, you have some weird conversations…

Me: At least they aren't fighting…yet.

Tails: At this rate, we could probably go get some lunch before anything happens here.

Me: The sad thing is, he's right.

Elk: Are you sure?

Tails: Trust me, this'll take a while.

We walked back inside and got some food. Then, we sat down to eat.

Tails: So, do you two know each other?

Elk: Sorta; we've e-mailed each other a bunch of times.

Me: But we never met in person.

Tails: What's an e-mail?

Elk: It's electronic mail that you send over the Internet.

Tails: Internet?

Me: <slaps own face> It's a global network of computers.

Tails: Oh. I think I get it.

Elk: I can't believe I'm actually here! This is SO awesome!

Me: I know, it is pretty cool, isn't it?

Elk: Definitely!

Porygon: Pory!

Elk: Hey, who's this little guy?

Me: That's Porygon, my favorite Pokemon. He's pretty cool.

Elk: His body parts aren't even attached…

Porygon: Correct. I am not bound by normal physical limitations.

We finished eating, and walked outside. Sonic was standing on Robotnik's ship, and held a road map in front of the scientist's face. He pointed at a spot on the map while the scientist watched carefully.

Sonic: …And that's why cheese is better.

Robotnik: I see. Interesting…

Elk: Oh yeah, weird conversations…

Me: I'm not even gonna ask.

Tails: Uh, Sonic, don't you have some business to take care of?

Sonic: Huh? <looks at Tails, then at Robotnik> Whoa! Geez! You're right!

He leapt back down to the ground, and the two began to argue once more.

Sonic: You'll never get away with this!

Robotnik: Of course I will!

He flew off toward Amy's house, and Sonic ran after him.

Me: They'll be back.

Elk: Are you guys just gonna stand there?! Amy's in trouble!

Me: I doubt that.

Elk: What?! Are you crazy?!

A few seconds later, we saw Robotnik fly back in the other direction. His ship was badly damaged and full of holes. He mumbled to himself as he flew by.

Robotnik: Stupid robot! …Match my frequency…right through the shield…make him pay…

He was soon followed by Sonic, Amy, and MS-02. They stopped when they reached us, and yelled at Robotnik as he flew away.

Amy: That'll teach you to mess with us!

Metal: You were lucky Sonic stopped me from taking your life!

Sonic: See you later! Don't come back!

They walked up to us.

Tails: Nice job, Sonic. He didn't even get Amy this time.

Sonic: Don't thank me, it was Metal that stopped him.

Elk: Metal? As in…Metal-2?

Me: Yup. Here, they still call him Metal, though.

Elk: Cool!

MS-02: I see we have a visitor.

Elk: So that's what his voice sounds like…

MS-02: Affirmative.

Amy: I didn't know there was another overlander here!

Elk: I just got here today, Amy…AMY?! Wow, it's cool to meet another one of you guys!

Amy: Yeah, uh…how do you know my name?

Me: She's another gamer.

Amy: Oh…right…

Elk: Is everyone around here this strange around newcomers?

Me: It could be worse. You could be meeting Knuckles.

Elk: Knuckles?! Oh that would be awesome to meet him in person!

Sonic: You might not like his idea of meeting people, especially overlanders.

Me: He would've pummeled me if it weren't for Porygon, here.

Porygon: Pory!

Elk: Maybe I should challenge him to a round of video games…

Sonic: Are you kidding?! He probably hasn't even heard of video games!

Me: <to self> That's what you think…

Sonic: What did you say?

Me: Nothing. Nothing at all.

Elk: Where is he?

Tails: He's probably on the other side of the planet by now.

There was a rustle in the bushes behind us, and everyone turned around to see a red echidna step out.

Knuckles: Actually, I'm right here.

Elk: Knuckles!! You look so much cooler in reality!

Knuckles: Stay away from me, overlander!

Sonic: Knuckles! That's no way to treat our friend!

Knuckles: I don't like overlanders. Get it?

Me: Don't worry; he rejects everyone at first.

Elk: Yeah, I know.

Knuckles: I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since I saw everything.

Amy: There you are!

Knuckles: Except her…uh-oh…

Amy: I knew it! I knew you didn't have to leave! Ooh, when I get my hands on you, I swear I'll beat your brains out!

Knuckles: Help!

They ran around in circles, yelling at each other. The rest of us just stared, somewhat annoyed.

Sonic: You should've known better than to trick Amy like that, Knuckles.

Knuckles: I know! I know!

Amy: Apologize!

Knuckles: Never!

Elk: What a way to meet someone…

Me: You get used to the craziness after a while.

We were interrupted by a voice coming from a nearing loudspeaker.

Robotnik: I'll get you now, Sonic!!

Sonic: What the?!

We all looked over in the direction of the sound. There was a giant flying airship headed for us. It slowly drew closer, hovering hundreds of feet off the ground. It stopped about a mile away from the edge of Knothole.

Me: What is that?!

Knuckles: My guess is that it's Robotnik's latest invention.

Robotnik: Now, feel the wrath of my latest invention!

Knuckles: Well whaddaya know? I was exactly right.

Two massive panels opened up on the bottom of the ship, and a gigantic red metal egg fell out. It shook the ground with a deafening thud. Somehow, it managed to stay upright on its wide bottom.

Tails: Hey, the bird laid an egg!

Robotnik: Now for my revenge!

The panels on the ship closed and it flew away. The egg rocked back and forth as if something was inside it.

Sonic: It's gonna hatch!

Then, a face appeared near the top of the egg. It was a picture of Robotnik's face.

Elk: You actually get used to this stuff?!

Me: Not this stuff. I can't help but feel like I've seen this somewhere before, though.

Just then, two panels of metal opened up on the sides, and two multi-jointed arms extended from inside. Each one had a large hand with two claws and a strange launcher barrel on the bottom.

Me: Those panels are like shoulder pads…and those arms look familiar…

For no apparent reason, the egg launched a few hundred feet into the air, propelled by some unknown force. Two more panels opened up on the bottom revealing two very odd looking legs which extended from the egg. The whole thing came crashing down, shaking the ground once more and sending a cloud of dust and dirt into the air.

Tails: I don't think it hatched…I think it's a robot!

Elk: No doubt about that!

Me: Now I know where I've seen this before! That's a giant version of Dharmanyo, a boss from one of my old N64 games!

Elk: That thing is in a game?!

Me: Well, the face was different, and it wasn't nearly that big, but other than that, yeah.

The giant robot took a step toward Knothole. It was about a mile away, but big enough to be clearly seen. The air ship that dropped him off flew overhead for a moment, and it played a single message.

Robotnik: Fear the awesome power of Eggmanyo! He will destroy your village from one side while my SWATbots attack the other side! Fwahahahahahaaa!!

Sonic: He never gives up! Now what are we gonna do?!

Me: Leave Eggmanyo to me! You guys, take care of those SWATbots!

Elk: How can you possibly fight that thing?!

Me: Porygon, let's do it!

I pressed a button on the watch, and Porygon leapt into the air. He transformed into the giant Metalporygon, and hovered a few feet off the ground.

Me: Metalporygon and me will handle him.

Sonic: Good plan. Come on, guys, it's time to trash some SWATbots!

Lunar: Borrow my gun, Elk. Cerberus and me'll fight together!

Lunar handed her the large heavy gun. It was nearly as big as she was, and she almost collapsed from the weight. Elk quickly got used to it, though, and followed the others to the opposite side of town. Meanwhile, Metalporygon beamed me up, and we ran off to engage Eggmanyo.

Thanks to Elk, for letting me write her in.