Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Vacation To Mobius ❯ All's Fair And Lame In War ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story. They are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

Time for the fight scenes! And get this, I write my own stunts!

Chapter 6: All's Fair And Lame In War

Metalporygon and I approached Eggmanyo, only to be attacked by missiles from the launchers in its hands. Luckily, MP's barrier shield provided ample protection.

Me: Ha! You'll have to do better than that!

We ran up to it, and landed a hard punch to the robot, but its thick armor reduced the blow to a mere dent. We continued to engage while Elk and the others had their own battles.

Elk: <firing a barrage of shots into a line of robots> Come on, you worthless pieces of scrap! Bring it on! …Whoa, I didn't know I had that in me…

Sonic: I gotta get me one of them!

Lunar: Sorry, it's one of a kind. Now, we've still got fighting to do! Let's split up!

They each went in different directions, mowing down SWATbots as they did so. Tails stood in a circle of them.

Tails: Come on, shoot me! I dare you!

He flew skyward just as the robots fired. The SWATbots ended up destroying each other when they missed.

Tails: Ha ha ha! Take that!

Sonic shredded through a group of the dangerous robots, slicing them in half.

Sonic: These quills ain't for nothin'!

Lunar jetted into one of them, sending it flying into a pack of the other ones. They all exploded.

Lunar: Is that it?

Amy stood in front of one of the robots, hiding her hammer behind her.

Amy: Kidnap me if you can!

It reached out to pick her up, which was a bad move, since the instant its head was in range, she smashed it. Meanwhile, MS-02 was tossing the robots around as if they weighed nothing.

MS-02: Obsolete fools! You don't stand a chance!

Knuckles leapt into the air and drilled down through one of the robots.

Knuckles: There's a lot more where that came from!

As this was happening…

Me: This is too easy!

We ran up to the egg robot and grabbed its arm. Then we shoved our other arm into its face, denting it severely.

Me: His armor's thick; blunt strikes won't work!

MP: We don't have much in the way of anything sharp.

Me: Hmm…I've got it! I'm uploading an idea!

We swung the robot around by its arm and launched it several hundred yards away. But that wasn't the good part.

Me: Now!

We reached to our right side, and MP's tail floated into our right hand. As we returned to our normal position, the setup glowed and combined into one giant lance-like weapon.

MP: I have an idea for an improvement.

Me: Do it!

The majority of the lance glowed and went from being smooth to a giant, conical drill bit, which began to spin.

Me: Let's go for it!

We ran at top speed toward the robot, which had just stood up. We then shoved the drill right through the robot's chest. It trembled as its systems and frame were badly damaged.

Me: Now for the fun part!

We managed to lift the heavy robot into the air, over our head, and slam it into the ground on the other side of us. We then ripped the drill out of the robot, damaging it further.

Meanwhile…

Sonic: We've almost got them…There's just a few left.

Amy: Right, let's finish `em!

They ran toward the remaining SWATbots, and were joined by Lunar and the others. There was a terrific crash as the gang destroyed all of the SWATbots with one swift strike.

Elk: Woohoo! That was great!

Lunar: Yeah, you gotta love beating the ridiculous odds.

Sonic: Don't party just yet-trouble's back for round two!

As he said this, the airship hovered over them. It had snuck up on them while they were fighting. Again, Robotnik's voice played over the loudspeakers.

Robotnik: Why can't I ever win?!…Huh? I'm on?! Why didn't you tell me?!…uh…<ahem> You may have won the battle, but you haven't won the war! It's prisoner time!

A robotic arm extended from the ship. It was very long, and had four claw-like fingers at the end of it. It approached the heroes down below.

Sonic: Run away!

The Mobians got away easily, as did Lunar. MS-02 realized that humans lacked the incredible speed of the others, so he picked Elk up and started to fly away. However, the delay was long enough for the arm to reach them. Despite his efforts, MS-02 couldn't escape, and the grip prevented Elk from getting away as well. The arm retracted back into the ship.

Elk: HHHEEELLLPPP!!!

MS-02: I…cannot…move!

The arm went back into the ship, and its prisoners were strapped to a wall. Robotnik walked up to them.

Robotnik: Well, it seems I've gotten a two for one deal. A human and a reject…how interesting. You're not what I had in mind, but you'll still serve a purpose.

Elk: What do you want, Robotnik?

Robotnik: The same thing I've wanted for all these years…total world domination!

MS-02: You will not succeed…I will not allow it!

Robotnik: You're not in a position to debate right now. Those harnesses were specially built, just for you.

MS-02: <sarcastically> I'm honored…

Robotnik turned to face one of his roboticized slaves.

Robotnik: Tell the pilot to take us back to Robotropolis.

Slave: Yes, sir.

The robot walked out of the room, and Robotnik returned his view to his prisoners.

Robotnik: Tell me, human, how did you arrive on this planet?

Elk: I'll never tell you anything!

Robotnik slammed his fist into the wall beside him.

Robotnik: ARGH! Why do all my prisoners have to be DIFFICULT?!

Elk: I could think of a few million reasons!

Robotnik: It doesn't matter! I don't have to know anything about you; you'll still work.

Elk: What are you talking about?!

Robotnik: For years I've wondered how the Roboticization process would affect humans…You're going to be my guinea pig!

MS-02: And when I prevent you from harming her, what are you planning for me?

Robotnik: I'm sick and tired of trying to reprogram you. You're going into the melting pit!

Elk: No! You can't!

Robotnik: I can and I will. You are powerless to stop me!

Meanwhile…

Me: It's time to send this invention back to the drawing board! Finish it off, Metalporygon!

MP: Gladly!

MP's turrets changed slightly as he leaned over, repositioning his legs to steady himself. The turrets faced each other at an angle, still mostly pointing forwards at what was left of the enemy Eggmanyo.

Me: Let's scramble this egg!

A bright sphere of energy collected between the turrets as power was sucked from the atoms of the surrounding air. The energy was boosted mostly by MP's generator as the sphere grew larger and brighter. It soon became huge and blinding as the power was heavily concentrated.

MP: Charge complete!

Me: Fire.

Energy burst forward at the unsuspecting Eggmanyo from Metalporygon. It was bright enough to make day seem like night and the surrounding field of energy burned a deep trench into the ground beneath it. The laser hit Eggmanyo with enough force to tear the body away from the arms. Explosions ripped through the robot as pieces broke off and disintegrated. Energy built up in the front, where the force of the blast was concentrated. It was very unstable, and as the laser faded away, it exploded. The blast shredded through what was left of the machine, destroying it in an enormous explosion. The shockwave from the blast decimated nearby trees and grass, and sent pieces flying in every direction, including into the ground. Several pieces of varying sizes harmlessly bounced off of Metalporygon.

Me: I love this job! Those explosions never get old!

MP: You're telling me…but those lasers took their toll on our power reserves. The generator will take a while to restore it.

Me: Yeah, I know. But something tells me it'll take even longer for Robotnik to come up with anything else.

The airship whooshed past us, flying at top speed.

Me: He's lucky your reserves are almost depleted. It's the only reason he's getting away.

MP: I need to revert to Porygon.

Me: Go ahead. Beam me down.

He did, and then returned to good old Porygon. We walked back into town, expecting to meet the others and celebrate everyone's victory. The scene we encountered was much different, though.

Me: Hey, Sonic, it looks like you guys did it…Hey…Where's Elk?

Sonic: Robotnik took her. He got Metal, too.

Me: Definitely not good. I can't believe we just let him get away with it, too!

Porygon: We had no choice.

Knuckles: We don't have much time…Let's go get them back!

We agreed, and headed off toward Robotropolis. Luckily, Porygon could still carry me, so we managed to keep up with one another. After a short time, we arrived at the border wall.

Me: Okay, we're here…How do we get in?

Sonic: Looks like he fixed the hole you made.

Lunar: This place is a fortress…There's no way in…

Tails: There has to be-there's always a way in!

Knuckles: Not this time…It looks like he's sealed up all the secret ways we used to use.

Sonic: <sarcastically> Oh, this is just perfect!

Amy: Relax, we'll find a way.

Lunar: Stand back…I'm gonna try the laser on Cerberus Alpha.

He hopped onto his motorcycle, and aimed it at the wall. He then hit a switch. A laser charged up from the cannon in the back of Cerberus, and fired. It drilled a small crater into the wall.

Me: That didn't do much…He must've re-enforced the walls.

Lunar: And the cannon will take a while to recharge.

Sonic: There has to be a faster way.

Knuckles walked up to the wall, and lightly punched it twice.

Knuckles: It's too dense. I can't dig through it.

Tails: We need to use our minds. Come on, between us, I know we can come up with something.

Meanwhile…

Elk was strapped to a large, open elevator that led into a liquid-filled vat. MS-02 was strapped to an elevator above a vat of molten steel that was next to Elk's. Robotnik stood on a catwalk that ran in front of both of them.

Elk: You're crazy.

Robotnik: Maybe, but I'll still win.

MS-02: I cannot be destroyed, you know. I'll be back.

Robotnik: Well, well, Mr. Terminator, I beg to differ.

The lights all went out, and two spotlights shown on Elk and MS-02. Everything else was pitch black.

Robotnik: I don't have time to waste on you. Slave! Begin the human roboticization experiment!

A roboticized animal somewhere on the ground level responded.

Slave: Right away!

The next thing Elk knew, her elevator was slowly approaching the bubbling vat of green liquid.

Robotnik: As soon as something contacts my new chemical compound, it will be roboticized! Farewell, human! You will soon be my slave!

Just then, there was another voice from somewhere high above.

Voice: Not if I can help it!

There was a whoosh of air, and the sound of someone landing next to Robotnik. Then, a green beam of light could be seen appearing from nowhere.

Voice: Surrender, and I will spare you!

Robotnik: Who are you?!

Voice: You'll know soon enough! For now, I've got a life to save!

There was a green blur as the stranger jumped from where he was to Elk's elevator. The spotlights revealed the figure to be a green hedgehog with a light saber-like device in his hand. He cut the restraints that held Elk and carried her to the ground floor.

Elk: SCOTTY!!!!! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!! IT'S YOU, MY HERO!!!!!

Scotty: Yeah, that's me all right. Now, if you'll excuse me for a moment, I've gotta go save your friend over there.

He ran up the side of MS-02's vat and freed him.

Scotty: Metal, can you cover us while we get out of here?

MS-02: Affirmative.

Scotty: Remember, no killing.

MS-02: <sigh> Very well.

Scotty rushed back to Elk while MS-02 took off and flew around the room, shooting at the various equipment.

Robotnik: Oh no! My plan is going horribly wrong!

MS-02 landed a shot on a chemical filled barrel. It exploded, taking out the foundation of the column it was next to. The column fell, hitting the catwalk and snapping its support cables. Robotnik got away just in time. The room was now unstable, and pieces of the ceiling were falling everywhere.

Scotty: We have to get out of here!

Elk: Right, let's go!

They both ran as the room started to collapse behind them. The row of pillars fell one by one, catching up with Scotty and Elk. They froze with fear as the last one almost came crashing down on top of them. When they opened their eyes, they saw MS-02 holding it up, but barely. His body was trembling with the immense weight of it.

MS-02: Go…without me…

Scotty: come on, we have to keep moving.

As they ran out the door, Elk asked:

Elk: What about Metal?

Scotty: I trust him. He'll be fine.

Elk: I hope so.

Then found their way through a maze of hallways, following the exit signs. They eventually came to street level, where they were pursued by SWATbots. Giant TV screens on some of the buildings showed photos of the runaways as they were chased.

Scotty: The exit should be close.

Elk: Good…I don't know how much longer I can keep running…

They soon arrived at a large metal door that blocked their path to the exit. Next to it was a keypad, which operated the door.

Scotty: It's locked…I don't know the code…Do you?

Elk: Sorry, I don't.

Scotty: Those robots are almost here! We need the code.

There was a flash of light, and the keypad exploded. The doors started opening as Scotty and Elk looked around to see what had caused it. They saw MS-02 flying above them, with one of his blasters smoking.

MS-02: How's that for a code?

Scotty: Metal! I knew you'd make it! Let's get outta this place!

They all ran out through the small opening in the sluggish door. Outside, they found Sonic and the others just standing around.

MS-02: Sonic! We have to go!

Sonic looked at him puzzledly for a moment, and then saw all of the SWATbots trying to fit through the opening door.

Sonic: Uh-oh! Come on guys, he's right!

MS-02 picked Elk up as we all accelerated to get away. Eventually, the robots stopped chasing us, and we arrived back in Knothole. It was late in the afternoon when we arrived.

Sonic: So, who's the green guy?

Knuckles: He looks a lot like you, Sonic.

Scotty: I'm Scotty Silas Staff, crime fi-

Elk: --Crime fighter of New York.

Scotty: Right.

Me: How'd you get here?

Scotty: Billy was-

Elk: --Say no more. I understand already.

Sonic: Well I sure don't.

Scotty: Billy wanted to try out his upgraded portable transporter, and Knuckles was out of town, so he picked me. It transported all right…really far. The next thing I knew, I was watching Robotnik try to roboticize you. I couldn't let that happen, so I intervened.

Knuckles: I'm not outta town, and…who's Billy?

Elk: I see we've got a lot of explaining to do…

We all talked back and forth into the night. Porygon assembled a multi-room tree house for all of the visitors, plus any more that might happen to come along. That's where we stayed for the night.

Well, that was quite a rush, wasn't it? Please review!