Sonic X Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Loving You: Part 1 ❯ AmyxCream ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A whole collection of one-shot stories, for all Sonic couples, alphabetically ordered, including yaoi, yuri and completely random pairings likely to never happen! Fan character pairings and crossover pairings not accepted, and neither are flames/insults. Some pairings are random and different; this is a warning.
This couple is Amy Rose and Cream the Rabbit.Sega-based.
Ice Cream
 
“Are we there yet?” the somewhat innocent voice of Cream the Rabbit, now aged twelve asked, flipping back her long ears and allowing her chocolate brown eyes to shimmer in the sun. She had grown a lot in six years, in more ways than one, though it was moments like this where the rabbit wasn't afraid to show her childish nature.
 
The company the young doe shared; a tall pink hedgehog of around eighteen, with shoulder-length quills, jade green eyes and a long ruby red sundress, smiled down at her, white teeth shining as the sun caught them, “Nearly Cream, just a little further.”
 
It was an incredibly hot day. The sticky sun beamed down on the two females as they walked along the hot pavements, trying their hardest to keep their feet from making contact with them. Wearing only sandals, the girls had fun trying to avoid walking on the grass. Cream occasionally skipped on merrily ahead, throwing short smiles back at Amy, to which Amy would reply with a wave. Summer was here, and needless to say, Amy and Cream were not afraid of showing how thrilled they were about it.
 
As for how they ended up on their way to the mall, Cream had turned up at Amy's apartment in Central City early that morning. It being too hot to remain inside Amy's dangerously pink bedroom, which housed many pictures of herself and Sonic, Amy had made the gleeful suggestion of a walk. It had been Cream who had suggested the mall and Amy was quick to agree.
 
“How long does it take to get to the mall, anyway?” Cream asked, stopping to allow Amy to catch up, and smiling at her in a whole way.
 
“Not long usually,” Amy replied, swinging her hands beside her confidently, “Only a few minutes from my place.”
 
So they walked on, Cream sometimes having to jog to catch up with her pink hedgehog friend, heading towards the place where most girls lost themselves in their deepest fantasies; especially girls like Amy Rose.
 
“Amy… I'm thirsty,” Cream piped up after ten minutes of walking, her throat incredibly dry. Amy instantly paused, a smile crossing her face.
 
“Do you want me to carry you to the mall?” she asked softly, while pointing towards a nearby deserted bench. She led the smaller girl towards the bench, settling her down. Cream shook her head slightly, running her hand over her forehead where beads of sweat caught her glove.
 
“Don't be silly, Amy!” Cream exclaimed, a weak smile crossing her face, “I just want a drink! I'm not dying!”
 
A look of concern crossed the older girl's face, as she inspected the doe carefully, “You never know Cream. Considering how hot the weather's been I wouldn't be surprised if one of us ends up dehydrated.”

A soft smile crossed Cream's face. She supposed it was in Amy's nature to worry about her. Ever since they had met six long years ago, they had been near enough inseparable to the point of being seen as siblings, “I'm fine Amy. I just want a drink, that's all…”
 
“I suppose…” Amy mumbled, not looking too sure, “The nearest place we can get you a drink though is at the mall and we're not quite there yet…”
 
“Can I have an ice cream?” the young rabbit asked innocently, her brown eyes shimmering and settled on Amy's, “There's a shop not far from here that does them.”

Amy looked confused, “How will an ice cream help you?”
 
“My mom told me that ice cream melts, so if it melts… won't it become liquid?” the rabbit asked, smiling gently.
 
Amy nodded slightly, “Yes, but it would be such a waste. Besides, I've a funny feeling you're only after ice cream because it's hot.”
 
Cream nodded shyly, “I suppose that's true… I'm very hot.”
 
“Well…” the hedgehog thought about it for a few moments before finally reaching a decision, “Okay then. Show me where this place is.”
 
Squealing, the younger girl took Amy by the hand, dragging her along. Her feet continuously hit the pavement with loud claps, her face constantly alight with smiles, her mouth always releasing the sound of giggles and laughter. Amy allowed her best friend to pull her along, a soft warmth spreading from the palm of her hand to the tips of her fingers. Strange how Cream always seemed to have a knack for giving into her selfish need on rare occasion, especially where ice cream was concerned. She grew up as a young child listening to what psychologists call her super ego when most six year olds were spotted on the floor, rolling around in temper tantrums.
 
Not Cream.
 
She was different, unique.
 
She was never one to listen to her selfish need, unless it involved the snack she loved most. It was what had helped her become so angelic and kind, even now when she was so close to becoming a teenager.
 
“We're here!”

Amy snapped out of her thoughts as she gazed at a simple store, with a broken down sign hanging just above the entrance. Amy cringed as she noticed how grubby the place looked. It didn't prevent Cream from grabbing Amy by the hand and pulling her inside. If Amy had cringed before, there was no description for what she was doing now. She could have sworn she caught sight of a few cockroaches scuttling across the floor and out of the door. A part of her nagged herself. Half of the stuff there was out of date, and she really didn't want Cream buying such stuff, and risking food poisoning.
 
“One ice cream please!” Cream said in her squeaky voice, a smile on her face as she brandished a thin piece of paper in her hand, “With a flake!”
 
Before Amy could so much as say anything, the money and ice cream were exchanged, and Cream already had proceeded into dragging her out into the shop, licking her ice cream quickly.
 
“Cream…” Amy began, not sure on what to say, “Doesn't that shop seem a little… odd?”
 
The young doe shrugged carelessly, “Not really.”
 
“But it…” the hedgehog trailed off, trying to choose the right words, “Half of the stuff there… no, most of it… it was out of date.”
 
After passing Amy a confused look, she merely walked on without a worry, “You worry too much, Amy.”
 
Amy narrowed her eyes, and her cheeks automatically puffed out, “I have a right to worry, I think.”
 
It was Cream's turn for her eyes to narrow, throwing a dark glare at Amy, “You worry way too much. I'm not a little kid anymore, Amy. Please understand that.”
 
At that, Cream walked off, still licking on that ice cream. Amy took a step forward, as if about to follow her, but stopped. No, Cream needed time to herself, and admittedly, so did she. She certainly didn't feel in the mood to go to the mall now. All she could think about was Cream, collapsed in the middle of the street, lifeless… no, she couldn't think like that! For all she knew the ice creams were fine, perfectly unharmed, perfectly in date!
 
“I might as well go home…” she muttered to herself.
 
XXX
 
Amy darted down the street, her feet hitting the puddles with a loud splash, causing her legs to drench themselves. It had been a strange turnaround from the sweltering hot weather earlier on, when the rain down poured late in the evening.
 
She had been right. The nagging sensation in her head… it had been right. It had only been a few minutes before when she had received a call from Vanilla saying Cream had been taken into hospital. Thankfully instead of collapsing out in the street where anybody could have grabbed her, she collapsed at home where her mother watched over her. Not that Amy was happy Cream had collapsed at all. She was far from it.
 
“I'm… not… going to… make it…” she panted, clearly out of breath. Skidding to a halt, she held her chest as she attempted to get her breathing rate back to normal.
 
“Amy?”
 
Almost instantly the pink hedgehog whipped around, catching sight of a familiar smug blue hedgehog, “Sonic?”
 
“What are you doing out here so late?” he asked, a curious look on his face.
 
Almost instantly a stroke of brilliance hit the rosy rascal in an instant; how could she not have thought of it before? Smiling to herself, she turned to face the blue hedgehog whom she once had strong feelings for as a child.
 
“Can you take me to the hospital, Sonic?” she asked, battering her eyelids in a flirtatious manner, “It's urgent.”
 
Sonic's eyes shimmered, before nodding, “O-okay, who's died?”
 
All of a sudden, Amy felt the strong urge to slap him, “Don't you dare say things like that! Cream's just had a little accident, okay? Now will you please take me to the hospital?”
 
“Yes sir!”
 
XXX
 
“You came.”
 
The weakness of the young girl's voice almost pierced Amy's heart. She had done this to her. If only she had warned Cream, then maybe she wouldn't be lying there, looking so broken.
 
“Yes,” Amy's voice cracked as she took Cream's smaller hand in hers, “Of course I did, silly.”
 
“I thought you weren't going to…” Cream's eyelids flickered slightly, staring at the ceiling.
 
“Don't be silly,” Amy smiled, stroking Cream's small hand, “I would never live with myself if I hadn't come.”
 
“I should have listened to you…” Cream said slowly, her eyes filling with tears, “I'm sorry…”
 
“That's okay…” Amy whispered, leaning in a little closer, “I shouldn't have been so overprotective. Forgive me?”
 
“You don't need forgiving Amy,” Cream tried to strengthen her voice, “Do you forgive me?”
 
Amy nodded at once, “Where did you hear about that store anyway Cream?”
 
She lowered her head in shame, “I heard it from a really nice man who gave me an ice cream.”
 
“Do you trust what strangers say?” Amy asked, trying to not let her voice become too harsh, “Cream, you never listen to strangers! How many times have I told you that?”
 
“I'm sorry…”
 
“It's okay, I'm sorry too,” Amy said quickly, “I just worry about you, that's all.”
 
A/N
 
Not very proud of this one but it's done and it's one of those things that end in a way where people can make up their own minds about it. Personally I like Amy/Cream a bit, because it makes sense. It's like the female version of Sonic/Tails and I personally greatly prefer it over Blaze/Cream.
 
The next couple I'll be doing a one-shot about is Amy/Mina.