Sonic X Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duels: The Shadow Clan Saga! ❯ A Sinister Ploy! Part 1. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: A Sinister Ploy! Part 1.
 
The Shadow Clan was at a call of meeting. They sat around a large black table, Hiei at the far end.
“Now that we have all arrived, I'd like a report on our reviews.” He said aloud. “Rei, you begin.”
“Affirmative. Reports indicate that the Freedom Fighters most powerful Duellist is Tails, with her advanced Cyber Dragon Deck. It's know she has all forms of Cyber Dragons within the deck, though it's unclear what use the 3 Cyberdark monsters are used for as it's not been indicated that she is in possession of any level 3 or lower Dragon monsters. She has been known to pull strategies out from every direction, no matter where the Cyber Dragons are, she can easily and at random call apon them from anywhere.” Rei begin explaining.
“Any weakness's?” Tyrone asked.
“Weakness's would include that most of her power comes from fusing the Cyber Dragons, she also only holds 3 level 3 cards in her deck, being the Cyberdark monsters. Cancel the fusions and stop her spells, and she is defenceless, however, it's know that she's anticipated this, thus she has prepared for it. Tails weakness is well covered for.” Rei explained.
“No wonder she's the best.” Tyrone replied.
“The next strongest duellist in the Freedom Fighters is Hitomi...” Rei would have continued, having been cut off by Petal.
“Wait, shouldn't Hitomi be marked as the strongest duellist, having not only beaten Tails, but also the Overlord?” She questioned.
“No, young Petal. Hitomi's strategy is extremely flawed, though her monsters are formidable, they are easily taken care of. She has on a numerous count been defeated, as I believe the only time I witnessed Tails defeat was at Hitomi's hands. One victory does not make her better than a flawless record.” Hiei explained.
“Affirmative.” Rei replied. “Hitomi's considered the second strongest, mainly due to her sudden comebacks and victories. She relies on...”
“That's enough of Hitomi, we have faced her on several instances, and she used to be one of us, so we are well aware of her ability.” Said a white Ocelot from the right side of the table, 3 seats from Tyrone. He was known as Rufus.
“Agreed.” Hiei said.
“The next on the list is Sonic the Hedgehog. Known for his Beast Deck...” Rei began, but was cut off by another person, a peach coloured bat, with black wings and blonde hair.
“A beast deck, huh? I bet he doesn't stand up to my beautiful Winged Beast army.” He said.
“Calculations indicate a formidable win over you, Jewel.” Rei said.
“What?! That's preposterous!” Jewel yells slamming his hand on the table.
“Quiet down.” Hiei ordered. Jewel slumped back and sulked. “Continue.”
“Sonic's beast deck is defeatable, however the power of his Master of Oz is to be considered a serious threat.” Rei said. “However, his weakness would be his friends, he's always looking on the bright side of things so long as his friends are cheering him on...”
“I see, so like Atem, take away his friends, take away his power.” Hiei said, placing his fingers together in thought. “If we separated them, they would be easy targets.”
“I have an idea, brother Hiei.” Petal spoke up.
“Please, do tell.”
“From a close observation during the tournament, it would appear that there are close bonds between each member of the group. Sonic, Tails and Knuckles were almost always together, Hitomi was found often with Shadow, which looked like it bothered Rouge. Amy of course has a disturbingly large crush on Sonic, and I think that Silver and Blaze are Dating. Knuckles would appear to be close with that Tikal person.”
“What's your point?”
“Well, Tails is also close to Sonic, you'd think they were brother and sister from first appearance, but when you look closer you might see a deeper love from Tails to Sonic than you'd first think. Seeing as Amy is typically a jealous type and Sonic's one to open his mouth and say things before thinking...”
“I see what you're getting at.” Said the white fox, Aqua.
“Enlighten us, would ya?” Tyrone said with a finger in his ear, showing his boredom.
“Give Amy false information, let her believe there is a closer bond between Tails and Sonic, that'd be what sparks their end.” Aqua explained.
“Yup, that's right. And I already have plans for the rest of them.” Petal said, rubbing her hands together.
“Very well, I'm taking a breather, Petal and Aqua are incharge of dealing with the Freedom Fighter Mission.” Hiei then stood up and walked off.
“Geez, for a leader he sure is lazy.” Said a brown mouse. He was known as Max.
“Shut it, Max.” Petal pouted. “Now, here is what you all have to do...”
 
~@~
 
With the tournament finally over, the gang returned to their homes, well, Tails's at least. The only people absent from our group of duellists were Hitomi, Hermana and Shadow, still missing. Pegasus was also amongst them, sipping from his small teacup, the rich tender tea within.
“Well,” He started, “Seems it's time I showed you the new ban list, starting tomorrow morning.” He took out a large sheet of paper, clipped together with 2 other sheets. “Some of you might not like it though.” And with that he tossed it onto the table. Everyone leaned over to take a peek with a gasp hitting each of them.
“You're banning Call of the Haunted?” Sonic questioned.
“Yes, I am.” Pegasus said, taking another sip of his tea.
“Comes with no downfall, though.” Tails quickly said. “Seems it's merely replaced by Monster Reborn.”
“Talk about the people who plan on abusing that choice.” Tikal said.
“I'm going to have to replace CotH with that.” Silver said.
“Same.” Sonic agreed.
“Oh no...” Tails said as she looked at the third page. “You...you can't.”
“What's up Tails?” Sonic questioned.
“I'm restricting Cyber Dragon.” Pegasus said, resting his cup down. Tails stood and walked up the stairs, slamming her door shut.
“She took that well...” Sonic said.
“Did you see her power?” Pegasus said. “That girl has bite, and lots of it.”
“What about those damn gladiator beasts, they are insanely powerful, more so than Tails.” Blaze asked.
“Hm, yes, but they are new monsters, I wouldn't want to restrict them too early, now would I?” Pegasus said.
 
Up in her room, Tails went through her deck.
“This stinks, with one Cyber Dragon out of my deck, I've been downgraded, oh well...guess I'll open those packs I got from Jenny after the tournament and see what I get.” She stood and walked over to her desk, there sat 3 packs of cards, all with the Cyber Dragon on the fronts. Tails broke the seals on them and took them all out before looking at them, then flicked through them. “Huh? Another two Proto-Cyber Dragons would come in handy, that way I'm not really that badly off.” Before looking at the rest, Tails took her deck to put them in and then looked at the rest. “Wow, some nice machines in here, I might just alter my deck a bit more than I thought.” She sat down and began to organise a new deck.
 
Back downstairs, Pegasus had just left. The others sat round Tails coffee table.
“Anyway, we should get to discussing what's going on with our friends.” Sonic started.
“Yeah, Shadow's still missing since the tournament, and Hitomi's running around looking for her sister.” Rouge added.
“We really should find her.” Cream said.
“Yeah.” Amy put in her two cents. “I mean after all, she helped us save the world.”
“Was it saving the world, though?” Silver questioned.
“In a way, yes.” Sonic replied. “If Egghead won, he would have done something evil, I just know it.”
“Well, I have to get back to protecting my Master Emerald.” Knuckles explained. “Besides, I don't cut it as a duellist anyway.”
“That's not true, you're perfectly good as a duellist, you've just had some bad times.” Tikal told him.
“Bah, no way, I shoulda...” Knuckles started, but was cut off.
“If you dare mention that duel with Kirika, I swear I will kill you.” Tikal said, angrily. “That was just a bad duel, nothing more.” Knuckles sweatdropped.
“Um...kay...” Knuckles said.
“Well, what do we do?” Cream asked.
“We locate Shadow, I guess.” Sonic replied.
“But how are we going to do that?”
“Not sure...” The team then began to think about their move and what to do.
 
With no luck and Tails locked in her room, the team decided to call it a day and left to their own homes. Cream and Amy were walking from the train station to Amy's house.
“So, anything you want to do Cream?” Amy asked.
“I don't mind, maybe we can make new decks together or something. I need to go and get some of my spare cards from my mom, though.” Cream replied.
“Hm, well, I haven't seen Vanilla in a while, so It'd be nice to catch up with her.” Amy said, cheerfully.
“Yeah, mom always asks when you're next coming over.” Suddenly the girls hear crying and look across the road, there was a white fox patting a purple cat's head softly. The white fox was in traditional Japanese clothes, they were black and ocean blue, with what looked to be a water dragon patturn on it. The purple cat was in a typical skirt and t-shirt, coloured a cream colour. Amy and Cream noticed a duel disk on both their arms and decided to investigate.
“Is something wrong over here?” Amy asked. The white fox looked up at Amy and her blue eyes made Amy widen hers. She's gorgeous...wish I had eyes like that... She thought jealously.
“Oh, nothing much, I just beat her in a duel and she took it badly.” The fox said, looking back on the cat.
“I want a rematch, but not against you.” The fox said. Cream and Amy fell over.
“How's that a rematch?” Cream asked herself. The girls regained their composure as the fox and cat stood up.
“Wait, I got an idea. I wanna duel you.” The cat said pointing at Cream. Cream was taken a bit by surprise.
“Huh? Why me?” Cream asked.
“I dunno, I could duel her.” The cat then pointed at Amy.
“Who's her?!” Amy asked, slightly offended. “Cat's mother?!”
“Excuse me?!” The cat was the one offended this time.
“Oh, sorry.” Amy said.
“I challenge you both!!!” The cat screamed out angrily.
“You want to take the both of us?” Amy asked.
“Amy first?” Cream asked, ignoring Amy's question.
“No, both at the same time!” The cat replied. Everyone else, even the fox, sweat-dropped.
“Isn't that suicide?” Cream questioned.
“How about a tag match?” The fox asked. “Me and Selphie here against you two.”
“That sounds like a great idea, Amy.” Cream said cheerfully.
“Yeah, tell me about it.” Amy replied. And with that four duel disks were activated.
 
“So, shall we introduce ourselves?” The fox asked. “Allow me, my name is Aqua.”
“My name is Cream.” Cream replied.
“And I am Amy Rose.” Amy added.
“My name is Selphie Miane.” Selphie told them.
“Now that that's out the way, do you know what a tag match is?” Aqua asked.
“Yeah, we watched one in the last tournament, Shadow and Hitomi took on the nasty Scourge and Fiona.” Amy replied.
“Shadow and Hitomi? You mean Shadow the Chaos Dragon User and Hitomi the new local champion?” Selphie asked.
“Yeah.” Amy replied.
“They are cool.” Selphie said, dreamy like.
“Anyone who made the finals that time were cool, especially Sonic and Tails.” Aqua slotted her deck, so did Selphie, then the other two girls did as well.
“Well, me and Amy made the finals too.” Cream said.
“Wait, so you're Angelic Cream and Alien Queen Amy?” Aqua asked, sounding shocked.
“Yup, that's right.” Amy confirmed.
“Wow, we're duelling legends.” Selphie said.
“Just for being in that tournament, you can go first.” Aqua smiled.
“Cream?” Amy asked, looking at Cream.
“Go ahead Amy.” Cream replied.
 
The girls drew 5 cards, Amy drawing a 6th.
“Okay then, 4 cards face down and Alien Shocktrooper to start things off.” Amy said as she made her move. (1900/800) “My turn is over.” Amy said, ending her go.
Aqua drew her card. “I'll go now.” She said. “Oh man...3 cards face down and I end my turn.”
Cream drew. “Shame, bad hand?” She asked.
“Yup, that's right.” Aqua smiled.
“Well, it's my turn, so I'll put one monster face down and 2 cards face down and I'll end.” Cream made her move.
Selphie drew. “Alright, my go. “2 face downs and a face down monster, my turn is over.”
 
Having got the first round over, the duel began.
Amy drew her card. “Okay, let's bring out Alien Infiltrator.” She said as her Alien warped into the field. (800/500) Due to the monsters appearing, a crowd began to form around the duel. “Aqua's left herself wide open, so let's punish her for that, Alien Shocktrooper!” Amy ordered. The Alien charged in for the attack.
“Ah, ah, ah...me no think so.” Selphie said sweetly. “I use Negate Attack.” Amy pouted.
“Oh fine.” She said. “My turn is over then.”
Aqua drew her card. “About time...” She said. “I activate my trap, Good Goblin Housekeeping.” Aqua said. “This allows me to draw a card, then place a card I have at the bottom of my deck.” Aqua said, when drawing her card. “Now, I'll place this card at the base of my deck, I won't be needing it this duel anyway.” She said as she placed a card from her hand at the bottom of her deck. “Continuing, I use my second Good Goblin Housekeeping, and because I have one in my graveyard now, that means I can draw 2 cards, but still only place one at the bottom of my deck.” Aqua resolved her cards. “Now I'll pay 500 life points and use Twister on the far left trap you have Amy.” Aqua said. Amy's field went up in a huge gust of wind, which then turned into a twister and took the card away.
“That coulda come in handy.” Amy said.
“Indeed.” Aqua replied. <7500> “I now activate A Legendary Ocean.” With that a wave came from nowhere and flooded everyone to their ankles, which scared some bystanders. “I summon Blizzard Dragon.” (1800/1000) “And end my turn.”
Cream drew her card. “I summon Winged Kuriboh, and flip my Arsenal Summoner.” (300/200) (1600/1600) “Now, thanks to Arsenal Summoner's effect, I can take a monster with Guardian in it's name and add it to my hand, so I'll choose Guardian Angel Joan.” Cream took her card and shuffled her deck. “Now, I attack the face down of Selphie's with my Arsenal Summoner.” The Arsenal Summoner charged in for the attack.
“I activate my Needle Wall.” Selphie said, and then the monster was revealed and destroyed. “You destroyed my Mystic Tomato, this allows me to special summon a Dark monster from my deck of 1500 attack or less.” Selphie went through her deck. “I'll bring out my Allure Queen LV3.” And the queen appeared, small like a princess. (500/300)
“Oh, well, I end my turn then.” Cream said.
Selphie drew her card. “First off, I'll use Allure Queen LV3's effect and take that Infiltrator of Amy's and equip it to her.” The Alien Infiltrator was then sucked towards Allure Queen and appeared behind her.
“What's going on?” Amy asked.
“It's her effect, don't worry.” Selphie said. “Now, I'll use Premature Burial and bring Mystic Tomato back, and then summon a second Mystic Tomato.” Selphie said as she resolved her cards and the monsters appeared. (1400/1100 x2) “Attack the Winged Kuriboh my Tomato!” Selphie called out, and the Tomato leaped for the winged Kuriboh who squealed and shook in terror.
“Not so fast.” Cream said. “I use Transcendent Wings to turn my Winged Kuriboh into Winged Kuriboh LV 10.” She said, then the Winged Kuriboh evolved. (300/200)
“It's not changed anything.” Selphie said.
“Perhaps not yet, but when I use this Kuriboh's effect, you'll see. So I use it to destroy all your attack position monsters and you get dealt the total damage to your life points.” Cream said as the Winged Kuriboh vanished and Selphies monsters exploded. But what shocked everyone was that Aqua's monster also blew up and the girls were both hit. <Aqua 2700> <Selphie 2700>
“Nice move Cream.” Amy said, with a thumbs up.
“Yeah, but I wasn't expecting that to happen.” Cream replied. “Oh well.”
“That's not good...” Aqua said.
“Yeah...my turn is over.” Selphie said.
“Then I guess it's time to finish, seeing as I have control of my monster again...” Amy drew her card. “I will use them to attack Selphie and end her in the duel.” And with that, Selphie's life hit 0. <0>
“No way...” Selphie said.
“This is insane...” Aqua added. They are stronger than I thought... Aqua thought to herself.
“Well, with that I'll now tribute them both for Cosmic Horror Gangi'el.” And Amy's most powerful monster rose. (2600/2000) “That's my turn over.”
“This wasn't fun at all.” Pouted Selphie, who deactivated her duel disk. Aqua drew her card.
“Wow, you finalists really earned your places in the tournament.” She said. “Though, I'm very happy for Sonic and Tails.” Aqua said. Amy took an interest to this.
“Why? Because Sonic beat me?” She asked. Aqua looked at her hands, then surrendered by deactivating her duel disk.
“Nice duel, you floored us.” She said. “And what I mean about Sonic and Tails is...well, their relationship.” Aqua finished. Suddenly cards fell to the floor as Amy dropped them. Cream quickly scattering to pick them up for her.
“Wh...what?” Amy asked, seemingly stunned.
“That's right, Sonic is sleeping with Tails.” Aqua said, but with more detail. Amy was shaking, her face completely stunned and at the same time sad. Aqua looked at her with concern, though inside she was smirking.
 
Well, I've set the bait, lets see those idiots take it. She thought to herself.