Sonic X Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duels: The Shadow Clan Saga! ❯ The Shy and the Solid ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 26: The Shy and the Solid!
 
It was a new, bright and hot day, Mint was walking in her uniform through the busy part of town, holding a folder bag in front of her, her head lowered slightly, so her eyes were hidden behind her silky brown hair. Her expression was still saddened, having just last night nearly lost her purity, maybe even her life. Mint herself was always a quiet girl, who usually stowed away in a library or quiet area, storing herself away from any social interaction. She'd never really liked the male specie as a whole, so shot up an unusually overactive nervous breakdown whenever it came to communicating with one, even if they were simply saying good morning. Mint had chosen the more busy route today, mainly because no matter what kind of creeps there are in this area, none of them are about to be stupid enough to attack her whilst so many people are around to witness it. For the first time possibly in her whole life, she felt safer with crowds than walking alone.
 
After walking safely through the town and now out of the busy crowd, Mint joined the large crowd of female students all heading for the school in the town. Though she remained in the centre of the girls, she still said nothing to any of them as they walked toward the school. It was still a somewhat long walk from where they were to the gate, but the school was still in sight.
 
Just outside the school gates, Mitsuko was saying goodbye to Kiama, whilst busy ignoring the attention from the large crowd of girls walking passed. He kissed his sister on the cheek, and wished her a good day. As he turned, he spotted Mint in the crowd. As their eyes met, Mitsuko nodded in greeting and passed without a word, heading towards the town.
Mint flushed red as she returned her head back down, eyes once again covered, she walked into the gate and continued toward the main door where someone touched her on the shoulder.
"So, Mint, who was that, a secret boyfriend?" The girl joked. Mint jumped and looked at her.
"Uh..um..no, it-it's not like that..." Mint said defensively.
"Hey, I'm kidding, come on, we better get our seats before they're taken." The girl walked off in front, as Mint tried to cool herself down.
 
Mitsuko decided to sit outside a cafe, and drifted off into a world of his own, reliving the events of the past couple of days, trying to make sense of it all. Mitsuko was brought to his senses as the thud of a pair of white boots hit the table, in the instant that he'd drifted into his own world and now, Tokimi had managed to not only pull a seat and sit down, but lift her feet comfortably onto the table.
"Anything you want to talk about?" She asked him. "I know since we parted from the hospital that things have been...a little awkward for you."
 
The lion chuckled. "Hey Tokimi...didn't see you there." He sighed. "I'm just thinking about things...." he pulled out his deck, and smiled as he remembered when he'd first met Zewl, Kiros and the rest of the gang. "Things seemed simpler back then..." he mused to himself.
"Explain." Tokimi said.
Mitsuko thanked the waitress who had just arrived with his coffee. "It doesn't matter." he said as he took a sip and winced. "Ack!! 3 years I've been coming to this place, and they never get it quite right...." he complained as he emptied 3 small packets of sugar into his drink.
"Things are only going to get worse." Tokimi said.
The old man's words echoed in Mitsuko's ears. The lion smiled sadly. "I know...."
"Our lives are in danger also..." Tokimi uttered.
That caught Mitsuko's attention. "What do you mean Tokimi?"
"Why do you think the guardians of the gods are looking for protégé's, students and soon to be future guardians?" Tokimi asked.
"I guess the god cards are pretty desirable to the wrong sorts of people.." Mitsuko admitted as he took another sip of his coffee.
"That...and the upcoming darkness." Tokimi replied.
"Well I'm ready for whatever comes!" Mitsuko said strongly, the weight of his new deck suddenly becoming noticeable in his pocket.
 
"Nazaruda is unaware of what he's really doing, believing that by waking demons that he can command and control them, waking the demon princess, and soon...the demon god...the one entity believed to host a power of equal, maybe greater than the dark lord himself, Zorc Necrophades."
"Then we need to stop Nazaruda...but he's so powerful, I don't know how we can manage it..." Mitsuko replied.
"This might sound harsh, but Nazaruda must be defeated before his plan can arise, if he's not stopped, you'll find out that compared to what darkness he will unleash onto this unprepared world will make his power look frail and pathetic." Tokimi replied. "He has to be stopped, failure isn't an option, failure brings the apocalypse.
 
"He believes this will make him a god, but he's only a snack compared to the evil that will really form from this event."
Mitsuko nodded solemnly. "Then we'll need the power of all 3 god cards...Ra, Slifer, and Obelisk...maybe even the Emperor Gods as well."
Tokimi stood and took a piece of paper, looking at it. "You'll need to find this person." She said. "Once found she will be able to help you locate the one card capable of stopping Nazaruda, but you'll need all the Egyptian gods in order to summon her." Tokimi passes the paper to Mitsuko. Mitsuko looked at the paper.
"So, who has the other 2 Egyptian gods? If we're to stop Nazaruda, I'll need to find them." he said as he studied the picture.
Tokimi turned away. "You're priority is the trials to Ra, don't worry, my 'sisters' are already at work finding their own protégés." Tokimi began walking. "By the way, you realised that a couple of people have been following you all day, right?" With that she walked into the crowd.
"I had already noticed...." Mitsuko muttered to himself as he leaned back in his chair, savouring his coffee.
 
As he finished his coffee, Mitsuko sighed as he heard the town bell chime 12 times. "I really cannot be bothered with that kid today..." he muttered to himself. Yuuichi seems to come from around the corner of the cafe as he spots Mitsuko in the corner of his eyes, approaching him.
"Haven't you got some cards to return?"
The lion yawned. "I'm not going to duel you for something I already have. No why don't you go and annoy someone else before you get hurt, hmm?"
"As the wielder of the blue eyes, I don't think you really have a choice than to accept my challenge...or are you scared of me...boy?" Yuuichi mocks him.
Mitsuko laughed. "Well, you're certainly full of yourself..." Mitsuko sighed and stood, taking off his cloak. On his left shoulder was what looked like a piece of armor, which slid down his arm to his wrist and morphed into a duel disk, his deck already slotted and ready. "If this is what it takes to get rid of you....."
Yuuichi activates his own duel disk in response. "You know exactly what I need, as soon as I get them you don't have to worry."
 
"I hope your as good a duellist as you are annoying. Because I'm no pushover, and I always duel to win." Mitsuko said, drawing six cards. "You don't mind if I go first, do you?"
Yuuichi draws his 5 cards "Go for it."
 
"Ooh, a duel!" Said a random person.
"Let's check it out." Another replied, and with that, the two had a crowd.
 
Mitsuko looked at his hand. "Alright. I play one monster in defence mode and set 3 cards. Your move."
Yuuichi draws his card. "I summon Fossil Tusker in attack mode." (1800/0) "Now..attack his defence monster."
 
Mitsuko watched in amusement as Yuuichi's monster trashed his own, the poor monkey-like soldier putting up no fight. "Thanks. Now I get to summon a monster from my deck. And I think I'll pick......." Mitsuko started as he searched his deck. "...The Six Samurai Nisashi!!" (1400/700) The dagger wielding warrior appeared on the field and settled, ready to attack. Mitsuko watched his lifepoints drop a little with curiousity. <7600> "Care to explain that?"
"When my Fossil tusker destroys a monster in battle you lose 400 lifepoints, now..I place three face down cards and end."
 
Mitsuko drew. "I activate the trap card Swiftstrike Armor. While this is in play, if I draw a Six Samurai, I can special summon it to the field immediately. Now, I'll summon Spirit of the Six Samurai (500/500) and use his effect to equip him to my Nisashi, giving him an extra 500 points." (1900/1200)
"Nisashi, attack his Fossil Tusker!!"
 
The crowd continued to grow; it appeared that the school had broken for lunch, as school girls began crowding around as well to watch the duel. Unbeknownst to Mitsuko, Mint was one of them, who'd already flushed red at the sight of him.
 
Yuuichi smiles as his tusker is destroyed <7900>
"And due to my spirits effect, I can draw one card." Mitsuko said as his monster returned to his side, drawing and smiling. "Your move."
 
Yuuichi draws his card "I start by activateing my trap, Rock bombardment, which means i can send a rock monster from my deck to my graveyard and inflict 500 lifepoints damage to you."
 
Mitsuko didn't even flinch as he was struck by the boulder. <7100>
"I hope that's not all you've got. Otherwise this is going to be a really disappointing duel." the lion taunted.
 
"Oh wow! This guy is great!" A school girl cheered.
"So dreamy..." Called another.
"Seems like a jerk to me." Another said, disgusted.
"I want to marry a man like him." the 2nd one said. Mint however, flushed violently red in the face, lowered her head a little and said nothing.
 
"Not at all...it was just to clear a card, now I activate monster reborn in order to bring him back...my Granmarg, the rock monarch." (2400/1000)
 
Mitsuko looked up at the gargantuan monster. "Impressive. Personally I wouldn't have used Monster Reborn until later in the duel, but if it works for you, then by all means."
 
Yuuichi grins a little at the remark. "Granmarg, attack his Nisashi."
 
"Oops..." Mitsuko said calmly as he flipped his trap card. "Oh dear, Sakuretsu Armor..."
 
The girls continued to cheer, Mints friend from before looked at her and smiled.
"Hey, Mint, blow the guy a kiss, why don't you?" She joked. This caused Mint to jump, then barge out of the crowd, running away. "Mint! Wait, I didn't...awww..." The other girl then followed her, leaving the others to scream they wedding desires.
"Marry me!!"
 
"Really? I activate Trap jammer." Yuuichi countered.
Mitsuko shrugged as Granmarg attacked Nisashi. <6600> How-ever, as Nisashi went to block the blow, his daggers began to glow with a bright blue aura, which disappeared when Granmarg had finished his attack. "Did I forget to mention that if a monster equipped with Spirit would be destroyed, he is destroyed instead?" Mitsuko asked. "I'm always forgetting that one...."
 
"He's soo cool!" The girls squealed.
 
"Hm...no problem, i place a face down and end."
 
Mitsuko drew, and laughed. "Oh, beautiful. I activate my Swiftstrike Armor's effect to special summon the Six Samurai - Zanji." (1800/1300) The monster appeared, weilding a huge katana. "And as that was a special summon, I can normal summon this guy. Six Samurai - Yaichi!" (1300/800) Mitsuko's three warriors stood in line, ready to do battle.
 
"Seeing as I have more than one Six Samurai on the field, I can use Yaichi's effect to destroy one of those face-downs you have." Mitsuko smiled. The bowman took aim and shot through Yuuichi's card, destroying it with a single shot. "Now, Zanji, attack his Granmarg." The monster leapt towards the earthen gargantuan, swinging his katana in readiness.
"Just incase...I activate my trap card, Mirror force." Yuuichi grins a little.
"I think not. I'll activate the trap card Royal Decree, which negates and destroys your trap, and prevents any more traps being used while it remains on the field." Mitsuko countered as Zanji struck Granmarg, and was sent flying back, destroyed. <6000>
"Hm...now I'm guessing he has a effect."
 
"You're absolutely right.." Mitsuko smiled as Granmarg creaked and groaned before falling to pieces. "While there's another Six Samurai on the field, Zanji destroys any monster he does battle with. And now you're wide open, so Nisashi, go take a chunk out of his lifepoints." The dual-wielding samurai jumped towards Yuuichi, and struck him twice before returning to Mitsuko's side.
<5100> "Another effect..I see" Yuuichi recovers from the blow.
 
"Yeah...aint it a bitch?" Mitsuko admitted. "Your move."
 
Yuuichi draws "I set a monster...your move."
Mitsuko drew. "Okay. I'll play the spell card Reinforcement of the Army, and use it to bring the Six Samurai Irou to my hand, who I'll then summon." (1700/1200) The dark warrior appeared. "Now, attack my friend!! Destroy his monster!" Irou leaped forward and attacked Yuuichi's monster with such speed that it was destroyed before it could even be revealed.
 
Yuuichi mutters "Goddamnit.."
 
"I hope that monster didn't have a flip effect, because if it did it was so wasted. Irou destroys any face-down monster he attacks, regardless of defence points, and flip effects don't work. So, Nisashi and Yaichi are free to play with your lifepoints." Mitsuko said as Nisashi struck Yuuichi again, both his daggers making their mark, while Yaichi fired an arrow that struck Yuuichi in the chest.
 
<1000> Yuuichi falls to a knee, before slowly regaining his posture, back to his feet.
 
"Oh wow! Do you think that guy like younger girls?!" A girl from the crowd cheered.
"I hope so, he can marry me!" Another cheered.
"Make my dreams come true!" Another shouted.
 
Mitsuko ignored the girls, watching Yuuichi struggle after his assault. "Yuuichi, there's no need for this."
"Just...end your turn."
Mitsuko shrugged. "Fine. Your move."
 
Yuuichi draws his card "I start by setting a monster...then discarding Fossil Tusker from my graveyard in order to summon Gigantes." (1900/1300)
"Gigantes...attack Nisashi." Mitsuko grunted slightly as his monster was destroyed. <5500> "I end my turn."
 
"They're both princes in disguise!" The girls cheered.
"Will one of you go out with me?!" Another cheered.
 
Mitsuko drew. "I remove from play the two Six Samurai in my graveyard, Nisashi and Zanji, to special summon Enishi, Shien's Chancellor." (2200/1200)
 
The warrior appeared and glared at Gigantes. "Now, I'll use his effect to destroy your Gigantes." Enishi drew his sword, and swung it towards the ground, sending a shockwave that blasted Gigantes into pieces.
Yuuichi mutters as his monster is destroyed. "God damn it.."
"Now Irou, attack. Destroy his monster." The samurai leapt forward and blasted Yuuichi's monster.
 
Sand moth rises to the field in attack mode after the card is destroyed. (2000/1000)
"You just won't admit defeat...Fine. I'll end my turn."
 
"Eeewww!!!" The girls squealed.
"Will you girls shut up!" An annoyed male yelled at them.
"But it's all...sandy...and...eeww." A girl replied.
 
Yuuichi draws his card "I have to win..." He then sets a monster. "Sand moth...destroy Irou."
 
"Just imagine what the tournament would have been like with duellist's like this!" A male crowd member spoke.
"Talk about insane!" Another replied.
 
Mitsuko sighed as Irou was tramped. <5200>
"I end.."
 
Mitsuko drew. "I use Enishi's effect to destroy your Sand Moth, and I attack with Yaichi." Giant rat rises up. (1400/1450)
 
Mitsuko laughed as Yaichi's arrow was sent back at him. <5050> "I end my turn."
 
Yuuichi draws his card. "I place a face down and change my gaint rat to attack...and destroy Yaichi with him." Yaichi grunted as he was clawed by Yuuichi's monster. <4950>
 
"Your move." Yuuichi then mutters something, not being heard.
Mitsuko drew and smiled. "Game over Yuuichi..."
"I special summon Grandmaster of the Six Samurai." (2100/800) The old monk warrior appeared on the field, and bared more than a striking resemblance to Zewl. "I'll use Enishi's effect to destroy your rat, and I'll attack with Grandmaster!!" The monk leapt forward as Enishi obliterated the rat, and delivered a powerful kick to Yuuichi's stomach, sending him sprawling back across the pavement.
<0> As Yuuichi lands on the floor he doesnt bother to stand back up, just laying there recovering from the blow.
 
Mitsuko walked over to Yuuichi, and dropped the Blue-Eyes cards down to him. The crowd began their applause, the girls screaming for dates and autographs, as another tall and thin person stood, towering over Yuuichi. Yuuichi looks up at Mitsuko as he drops the cards "Why..." He then looks up at the other.
 
The other person knelt down and took the blue eye's cards. "You were supposed to win this, but I'm sure it doesn't matter all the same, so long as Penelope gets them back." He said, then looked at Mitsuko.
 
Mitsuko looked at the stranger. "He didn't need to win to get them back....all he had to do was say please." He looked down at Yuuichi. "I did ask if your mother ever taught you manners...." he then turned and started to walk off.
"Oi!" The other man said, in attempt to halt Mitsuko.
Mitsuko stopped, but didn't turn around. He half-looked over his shoulder. "You want something?"
"Who are you?" The guy asked.
Mitsuko turned. "You first." he replied.
"Suiv Mekasu, this dopes older brother." Suiv replied.
"The name's Mitsuko."
"I see...Well then..." Suiv walked over and held out one of the Blue eyes. "Take this one; if not both...I too want to take them from you by my might, rather than just taking them."
Mitsuko shook his head. "I have no need of the Blue Eyes....unless we could come to some arrangement?"
 
"Odd....You're not like most people. A normal duellist would kill for one of these legendary Dragons." Suiv replied. He withdrew his hand. "Perhaps i shall find you, maybe I won't. Fate shall decide what happens."
 
"You saw my deck. Blue-Eyes are powerful, but it doesn't fit in with my strategy." Yuuichi stands up from where he lay, after recovering; he watches as Suiv and Mitsuko speaks.
 
"I beg to differ; I've never seen your deck." Suiv shrugged. "So be it."
"I do know some-one who would appreciate the Blue-Eyes however. If we could come to an agreement, I'm sure she'd be thrilled." Mitsuko said as he watched the crowd disperse, the girls obviously disappointed that their flirtations had gone un-noticed.
"Hmm...No." Suiv said. "I want to duel you for the Blue Eyes, not her, whoever she is. It doesn't matter, a duel isn't needed, i'll just take these cards back to Penelope and maybe we will be forced to duel." Suiv turned and walked over to Yuuichi. "Back to the hospital, you were supposed to be watching Penelope." Suiv spoke.
Yuuichi looks at Suiv. "At least I was doing something to help her." Yuuichi then walks off towards the hospital.
 
Mitsuko smiled. "Oh well...Kiama will love her new deck anyway." he said to himself, just before he heard a screech. "BROOOOTTTHHEEERRR!!!!!" He had just enough time to turn around before he was pounced upon by Kiama. "I watched the duel!! You were totally awesome!!" she chattered excitedly.
Aqua came from nowhere, seemingly off of a rooftop. "G'day." She said. "I noticed that Librarian was here earlier..."
Mitsuko smiled at Aqua. "Really? Didn't notice. Was kicking some punk's ass." he turned to Kiama. "Here K, I got a present for you. Go open it with Aqua." he handed his sister a small parcel. She beamed happily and ran over to the woman and held up her arms, wanting to be picked up.
Aqua didn't know if she should at first, but then obliged the girl, lifting her up and taking her to some seats.
 
Meanwhile, Mint had stopped running, rubbing her newly forming tears from her face, trying to relax, as her friend approached her.
“Mint, I...” she began, but Mint turned and snapped.
“You don't know anything, Muika! He saved my life, he's not my boyfriend or anything...he...he protected me...even though he had no reason to...” Mint said, quietening toward the end, lowering her head as usual.
“Mint...I had no idea...why didn't you tell me? That way I could have kept my big mouth shut...”
“It doesn't matter...” Mint then ran past her, in the direction of the school, and continued on that path as Muika watched.
“Oh Mint....” She muttered.
 
Mitsuko watched as Kiama opened her present, and wowed at the deck that was inside, looking over every card and showing them to Aqua, who having an affinity with water anyway, seemed quite impressed. He walked over, and Kiama jumped up and hugged him tightly.
"Water...interesting..." Aqua uttered.
"Wanna play?" Kiama asked sweetly. "Mitsuko's been teaching me, I'm the best in my class!"
"I'll pass..." Aqua said. "For now.""
"Excuse me..." Said someone from behind Mitsuko. Everyone looked to see two young guys, well, at least they looked like guys.
Kiama turned, while Mitsuko just looked over his shoulder. "Something wrong?" he asked while he looked the kids over.
 
One had some form of belt around his head over his eyes and a large spiky hair going straight up. The other had a spiky hairdo and somehow colourful eyes, both of them in tuxedos.
"I'm going to have to request all three of you follow us...We'd like to...chat in private, if you don't mind." The blindfolded one said.
Kiama hid behind Mitsuko, who turned fully to look at the guys. "Oh I don't think so. Kiama, Aqua, let's get outa here."
"It's in your best interest." The man said. "We are from Arishon, you might want to listen to what we have to say." This caused Aqua to freeze.
"Oh...shit..." She uttered. "N-no...we follow them..." She told Mitsuko.
"I knew you...see it my way." Blindfold grinned cunningly.
Mitsuko raised an eyebrow at Aqua. "All right. I'm curious to hear what you have to say." He picked Kiama up and put her on his shoulder.
 
The two walked off toward an alleyway, in hopes that they'd reach the backroads, which are usually barren. As they walked, Mitsuko carefully and quietly unsheathed his katana, holding it inside his coat, just in case. Kiama was bouncing away happily, oblivious to anything except the breeze blowing through her hair.
"So where exactly are we going?" Mitsuko asked coldly.
"Just someplace...safe..." Blindfold said.
 
Mitsuko snorted unbelievingly and turned to Aqua. "Who are these clowns?" he asked.
"Agents of Arishon...They work for Hiei's father..." Aqua said. "He's not to be messed with and when you're approached by an Agent, you're either about to die or be captured as a worse case scenario, I know that it's never a good thing to be approached by them..." She explained quietly, so only Mitsuko would hear. "Even Hiei wouldn't mess with them..."
"I see...." Mitsuko said quietly. Zewl's voice whispered in his head. 'If need be you can call upon me. I can help you, if only for a moment. But only when the time is right....'
 
The two suits then stopped and turned around, the others stopped as well. "Now then, let's begin. My name is Goron and this is Misa, my partner. Now..." Goron threw something at all three of the gang with surprising accuracy considering he shouldn't be able to even see. Aqua caught the item and Kiama's, as Mitsuko caught his own. It was some form of small machine, a screen on it, but it was blank.
"You're not serious..." Aqua asked, a quiver in her voice.
"Oh, we're deadly serious." Goron replied. "That's your ticket into the Dark Tournament. Refusing is not in your best interest."
"Dark Tournament?" Mitsuko asked. Kiama was busy playing with the buttons on the device.
"It's a tournament of the Shadow Realm..." Aqua said, curling up where she stood. Clearly this was taking effect on her.
"I'm in." Mitsuko said quickly and calmly. "But Kiama isn't."
"That's not an option." Misa replied.
"Once the invite goes out, you're not allowed to refuse..." Aqua told Mitsuko.
"Kiama is not playing in a shadow tournament, and that's final. I don't give a crap who you guys are. It ain't gonna happen."
 
Goron then pulled a large shotgun from his coat, aiming it for Kiama. "Then she'll die. And we know your speed, so don't bother getting in the way, if I pull this trigger, even you won't stop the bullet from a gun this powerful from going into her head."
The poor girl froze in fear. Mitsuko shook with rage. "Fine. But know this Goron. Before this is done, I'll have your head on a pike for this."
"Oh, don't worry about that." Goron said, withdrawing his weapon. "I'm pretty sure Aqua here will be pissed enough at me as it is...just go and find that Hiei fellow, I'm sure he'll explain..." The two then turned around and walked off.
"Wait, what?" Aqua's eyes widened.
"He's messing with your head." Said a familiar voice from behind. Shadow walked up.
Mitsuko turned. "Long time, no see Shadow." he said coldly.
Shadow narrowed his brow. "Indeed..."
 
"I take it you got an 'invite' to this little party those bastards have arranged?" he asked, putting an arm around Kiama who was still shaking with fear.
"Not yet." Shadow replied. "I've been following Tails recently. You know she all but killed that bumbling idiot of an echidna this morning, don't you? I want to know what's going on with her."
Mitsuko sighed. "I don't know for sure, but from what I've been told she's been possessed by some ancient demon spirit bent on taking over the world...."
"Sounds like the usual crap that's been happening recently." Shadow huffed. "She must have specific targets, though. When she approached Cream later on, she just bypassed her normally."
Mitsuko sighed. "I've had enough of this. My concern is getting Kiama safe. The rest I don't give a crap about. Come on Kiama." he took the little girls hand and started walking back to town.
 
Once back in town, Mitsuko dropped Kiama off back at school, telling her not to worry about what had happened back in the alleyways, and that he'd sort something out. After he left, she sat outside on the swings, idly swinging back and forth.
After a short amount of time, the other swing became occupied. "Is that man a relative of yours?" Muika asked.
Kiama smiled at the newcomer. "He's my big brother, Mitsuko."
"Could I get some information on him?"
Kiama blinked. "Erm....sure, I guess."
"How old is he?" Muika asked.
"21. He's looked after me since I was a baby, when our parents died." Kiama replied sadly.
"I'm sorry to hear that. Does he have any hobbies?"
Kiama scrunched up her face trying to think. "Erm....duelling, martial arts...oh!! He likes to cook as well! He's really good!" Her eyes lit up thinking of Mitsuko's cooking.
"A male cook, huh? Sounds fun. What about books?"
Kiama shook her head and smiled. "Mitsuko doesn't like books. He says that he'd rather do things himself than just read about them. He's taken me all over the world to some really cool places, just because I read about them!"
"I see..." Muika rubbed her head. "That's no good..."
Kiama giggled. "Who are you trying to get Mitsuko to go out with?"
"What makes you think that's my intention?" Muika asked.
 
The little girl pouted. "Hey!! I'm only 6 but I'm not stupid!"
"I never said you were stupid, but you're a lot brighter than i anticipated." Muika looked over to the bench with an umbrella, blocking the bright sun, naturally it was empty except for Mint who was reading something, a huge blush on her cheeks, but she was smiling. "See the girl reading that romantic manga over there, which is seemingly making her emotional?"
"Well, let's put this effect into motion, I've known Mint since i was about your age. Now take notice, if i were to send..." Muika looked around and picked a random boy. "See the guy over there, the one all those girls are swooning over because he's so "hunky and gorgeous"?"
"He is?" Kiama asked innocently. "He doesn't look very pretty to me..."
"The point is, all those girls would do anything to become his perfect partner, now if I sent him over to Mint just to say Hi, she'd freak out and make an excuse to get away from him as soon and as fast as possible." Muika explained. "See that nervous looking boy in the corner just dying to come over to me and admit true love?" Muika pointed out a boy, who blushed just as she looked at him.
Kiama looked at the boy her new friend was pointing. "He's cute!!"
"He's not my type, but if I sent him to see Mint just to say hi, guess what'd happen."
"She'd talk to him?" Kiama asked.
"No...She'd freak and again make up an excuse to run away..." Muika corrected Kiama.
Kiama scrunched up her face again. "I don't get it..."
 
"Mint seems to be afraid of contact with anyone of the opposite sex, which is odd why she chose to be a librarian, books make her do anything i guess. However, now your brother comes into play, I noticed this morning as he and Mint passed, she blushed furiously, but in an emotional sense, not angry. Then we saw that duel earlier and just the sight of him again made her blush furiously. Tell me that she's not getting butterflies when he's around and I wouldn't beleive you." Muika said.
Kiama grinned. "Mitsuko'll be so happy!!"
"How come? He seemed pretty emotionless to me." Muika said. "As you guessed, this is why i want information, Mint's never seemed interested in a guy so much that just the sight of him makes her melt wherever she is."
"And I know when she turns pink she's blushing when she'd usually turn blue..."
Kiama smiled. "My brother might seem like he doesn't feel anything, but that's only an act. He does that to protect me better, so no-one'll hurt me because he's so tough. But I know him, and he likes Mint alot." she nodded. "He just won't admit it."
"Is that so?"
"Yep." the young girl nodded vigorously. "I can tell. He just doesn't know what to do about it. He's a great duellist, but he's useless when it comes to women." Kiama giggled madly. "Aqua told me that."
"She's a friend. She's a good duellist too!"
"Hm, I wonder if the age would matter to him." Muika said.
"How old is Mint?" Kiama asked.
"About 15 or 16." Muika replied.
"I could always ask him?" Kiama replied happily. "But I don't think it would. Mitsuko always used to say that if two people are happy together, then age shouldn't really matter."
"I'm still curious what Mint said about him..."saving" her..."
Kiama shrugged. "I dunno. All I know is he told me to stay with Aqua and left. He came back about an hour later, said something about Mint being safe."
"Curious..........She told me he saved her life, so it's more serious than i thought."
 
"Do you think we could get them together?" Kiama asked, her eyes plotting and scheming
"I wasn't questioning you for no reason you kn..."
"Excuse me...um...Miss Muika...I was wondering if you'd go ou..."
"As flattering as your confession is, Kevin, I'm sorry, but I'm not looking for love at the moment. Is friends okay?" Muika said, not even looking at Kevin.
"Um...y-yeah...okay, i can live with that. Sorry to bother you." Then he ran off.
"Where were we?" Muika asked.
"That was so cool!!" Kiama said in awe. "We were talking about getting my brother and Mint to go out with each other."
"What was so cool?" Muika asked, curiously, as she looked at Kiama.
"Just how you got him to go away without even turning around!!"
"It's easier to get rid of the shy ones than the persistent ones." Muika sighed.
Kiama nodded. "I know. There was this one guy who wouldn't leave me alone, he kept trying to touch me and stuff."
"In this school?"
Kiama nodded. "I kept telling him no, but he wouldn't leave me alone. So I told Mitsuko about it."
"I see...How old was he?"
"Same age as me. Mitsuko came down to talk to him, and he never spoke to me again after that. Everytime I see him in the hall he looks down and runs the other way." Kiama giggled.
"Hmm...in that case, It was a different guy then." Muika replied.
Kiama smiled. "So, how are we going to get my brother and Mint together? We need to...." she was interrupted by the sound of running. Looking around, Kiama saw that the playground had quickly emptied. Even Kevin, the shy, love-sick puppy had vanished. In their place, a large group of guys were walking towards the swings, looking mean and nasty. "Well well well, if it isn't the school slut Muika." The leader said nastily, eyeing Muika up.
 
Muika looked at the leader, her normal narrowed eyes. "Oh look, it's the school prat and his merry men." She replied, her tone not changing, even to anger.
A couple of the gang sniggered, but were soon silenced by their friends. Alex glared at Muika. "That's rich coming from you." he looked at Kiama. "A bit young for you isn't she Muika? Although I can't say I'm surprised. Word is that anything that walks is fair game for you." The gang laughed, a couple of high fives were passed around. Kiama stood up, not even half the bully's size.
"You're gross." She said curtly. "Go away."
"You give yourself and your gay set of gangbang friends here too much credit, i wouldn't go for any of you. Then again, you'd be too busy kissing each other to care." Muika still remained emotionless to them.
 
A round of "ooooohhh's" went around the group. Alex sneered down at Kiama. "Make me." he replied. He pushed past her and grabbed Muika by the arm. "Come on Muika, the boys and me want to have a little fun."
Muika yawned. "And now you notice that the female specie exists...Let go of me or you'll regret it."
Alex slapped Muika across the face. "Watch your mouth!! Or you'll re....OW!!!" he yelled as Kiama kicked him in the shin.
"You let go of her or you'll be sorry!!"
Mint looked up and jumped, noticing the scuffle and then made her way to run inside.
Alex looked down on Kiama, laughed and pushed her over. "Stupid runt. Go run inside before you get hurt." The gang laughed while Kiama stood up, wiped her nose, and pulled out a duel-disk. "I know who you are!!" She yelled. "You're meant to be the best duellist in the school."
"Well, the girl's got spunk; then again not much is needed with you goons." Muika said, to annoy them.
 
Alex glared at Muika before looking back down at Kiama. "Meant to be? Listen you little pipsqueak, I AM the best, and no short-arse little brat is going to even compare to me. So put away that pathetic little deck of yours before I send you home crying." Kiama didn't reply. She just slotted her deck and glared up at Alex.
"Best? Even Mint is a better duellist than you are." Muika said.
"Pffft, that scrawny little tart doesn't even know the difference between a spell card and her backside. Besides, I've won every tournament this schools had, no competition."
 
Windows were growing packed with Students all in aww. "Brave kid, no one can take him down."
"She's not brave, stupid more like."
"Show her whose king, Alex!!"
 
The crowd that had been watching from the window began to move back out into the playground. Pretty soon, before the first card had even been drawn, Kiama and Alex were surrounded.
"This'll be like taking candy from a baby, all pun intended." Alex grinned, nastily activating his old fashioned duel disk and shuffling his deck. The other gang members went to restrain an unresisting Muika.
Kiama drew her five cards. "Just don't cry when I beat you in front of everyone." she said calmly.
"Hah, tough talk for such a puny brat, sorry kid, you'll be the one crying when this is over, because when it is, I'm taking your deck." Alex said, drawing 6 cards. "I'm going first since you're so annoying."
"Sure. And when I win, I want yours." Kiama replied.
"Not likely." Alex said.
"What's wrong Alex? Too scared to risk losing your deck to a six year old?"
"Not what I said, It's not likely you'll beat me." He then laughed.
"So we're agreed then. You win, you get my water deck. I win, I get your Roid deck?"
 
"Deal, after I get your deck, I'm going to burn it in front of you." Alex said. He began. "First, I'll set this card down and Summon Drillroid to the field. The cartoon like Drilling Machine appeared with a grin. "Your move, brat."
 
Kiama smiled. "I'll put 3 cards down and summon my Cure Mermaid." (1500/800) the pretty creature appeared and smiled at Kiama. "Your go."
Alex drew. "I'll summon a second Drillroid and attack your monster!" He ordered. (1600/1600)
"Heehee!" Kiama giggled. "I activate Mirage Tube!" Kiama's mermaid disappeared, and emerged in front of Alex. Drillroid turned and charged at the mermaid, which again disappeared, leaving Alex as the target.
"What the!!" Alex called out, before blocking. <7000> The mermaid re-appeared next to Kiama and blew a kiss at Alex.
"Want to try again?" Kiama smiled.
"Meh! Lucky shot! But he still going to destroy the mermaid!" Alex said, as Drillroid relocated the true target and charge.
"I activate Gravity Bind." Kiama called, as a strange green net covered the field, stopping Drillroid in its tracks.
"Such an annoying card..." Alex grunted. "Fine, whatever...My turn ends."
 
Kiama drew, and her mermaid started to sing as Kiama's lifepoints increased. <8800> "I'll put another card down and I'll get my other mermaid out!" A second mermaid appeared, and blew a kiss at Alex. "Your turn."
 
Alex drew, getting frustrated. "I'll summon Steamroid and end." He said, as his machine appeared next to the two Drillroids. (1800/1800)
 
From the gate, Aqua sat on the wall, though the view wasn't that great, she was still watching from afar.
 
Kiama drew as her mermaids began to sing a duet, increasing her lifepoints again. <10400> "I play the spell card A Legendary Ocean." The field was suddenly transformed into the underwater ruins of an ancient city. "All water monsters gain 200 attack and defence, and guess what!" Kiama giggled. "They all lose 1 level, so my mermaids can attack you!" (CM 1700/1000)
 
"Such a lovely card..." Aqua said.
"You show him girl!" Muika cheered.
 
The crowd couldn't believe that a 2nd year kid was not only holding Alex off, but was in a position to start doing some real damage. There were even murmurs of discontent amongst his own gang, which were quickly silenced with a nasty glare from Alex.
 
"I think I can activate my trap card, Dust Tornado, to destroy your face-down card. I can, can't I?" Kiama asked innocently.
Alex grinned. "No." He lied.
"Correction. Ya!" Muika corrected him. "And you call yourself the best when you don't know rulings of a normal card, idiot..."
Kiama rolled her eyes. "Wow, you're an idiot. Do you really think I don't know what I'm doing?" She asked as Alex's card was destroyed.
"Shut up, you bitch!" Alex barked at Muika.
"Don't underestimate her brain just cause she's less than half your age..." Muika replied.
 
"I don't like you, Alex." Kiama said curtly, which caused a few giggles in the audience. "I'm going to teach you a lesson. I summon my Unshaven Angler (1500/1600) (1700/1800 FC) and use him to attack your Steamroid."
 
"Wait, his monster still has more attack points!" someone from the crowd shouted.
"Guess this little kid doesn't know what she's doing." said another.
"Bah, Alex has got this one. That's a basic rule!!"
 
"Heh, idiot, my card has 100 more points than yours!" Alex grinned.
"What the...!" Alex was pissed.
"It's called a combo, dumbass, pay attention..." Muika replied, her tone still as emotionless and cool as usual.
 
"Explain your cheating, brat!" Alex demanded.
"I'm not a cheat!!!!" Kiama pouted. "Read your monster's effect!"
Alex looked at his own card. "Meh, that sucks..." He said. <6600>
 
"Oopsie, did i confuse you with combo-mumbo jumbo, sorry, you should concentrate more than listen to me." Muika then for the first time burst into laughter.
Muika regained her composure. "She's gonna beat you, that's the funny part." She said.
"Now my mermaids! Attack his Drillroids!!" Kiama yelled.
Alex growled as his machines were rusted and destroyed. <6400>
 
Kiama turned to Muika. "Do you really think I can win?" she asked excitedly.
"To be honest..............................yes, I have full confidence you'll cream this loser." Muika replied to her, getting her a thump in the mouth from Alex as reward. Muika, though in pain looked at him. "Beat me all you want, it's true...you suck." And another punch was given. Alex then returned to the duel. Blood then ran from Muika's lip down her face, since she was held by her arms, she couldn't wipe it away.
Kiama glared at Alex. "You're just a bully!! Just you wait till I beat you!!"
"You won't beat me!!" Alex yelled at her.
"Well it's your turn. Prove it." Kiama said defiantly.
 
Alex drew. 'No monsters strong enough to attack, damn...but I have a good defence, so this should help me for a little while.' He thought. "I'll set a monster and end my turn." He grinned.
Kiama drew, and her lifepoints increased again. <12000> "Hmmm....I don't want to attack, so I'll pass." she said.
'Not that Iwanted her to take the bait...' Alex thought as he drew. "Finally, some action," He said aloud to himself. "First, i'll discard Salvage for Lightning Vortex!"
"Oh poop...." Kiama moaned as her monsters were destroyed. 'Oh well, I still have gravity bind, he can't attack with his good monsters.' she thought to herself.
"Now I'll use my Mystical Space Typhoon on the Gravity Bind!" Alex said.
The strange green field was lifted. "Double poop..."
"Now I'll summon Ambulanceroid (300/1200) and get in two free shots, as i flip summon Submarineroid too." (800/1800 1000/2000 FC)
 
"HA!! I knew Alex had this wimp beat!!" someone from the crowd cheered.
"Yeah! She's a wimp!" another jeered.
"Come on Alex!!!"
 
Muika sweat dropped. "Are you all really that scared of him that you'd throw fake cheers?" She questioned, getting another thumb, this one from one of the gang, into her stomach, which took effect on her, as her legs gave out and she fell in pain. She still wasn't released.
Kiama was almost in tears from all the jeering from the crowd. 'Where are you big brother...' she thought to herself. 'I need you...'
 
Meanwhile, Aqua had had enough, and walked along the wall, then onto the shed and pulled some pencil eraser tops from her pocket and began violently flicking them with an ounce of water for a major increase boost, striking the gang members holding Muika in the head, splitting the skin and knocking them unconscious. Aqua then sat and watched. 'Keep your faith that you can win.' Aqua though, knowing Kiama might be feeling outnumbered by the crowd.
"What happened to those guys?!" The crowd wondered. "Sniper?"
"Meh, who cares." someone replied. "Alex still has this punk beat."
Aqua narrowed her eyes. 'This has gone on long enough....' She leaped back over the wall and ran off into town.
 
"Attack her now!" Alex ordered, his machines charging. Kiama cried out as she was beaten by Alex's machines. <10700> She fell backwards and landed on her ass. "And that, my friends, is how it's done." Alex said, as if the crowd was on his side due to choice over fear. "That's all for now, so get up off your ass and make your move."
Muika struggled to lift herself up. "Heh...one clean attack...and...the idiot...thinks' he's on top of the world..."
This caused Alex to stamp on her head, making her cry out and slump on the floor.
"I told you to shut up..."
 
Kiama stood up shakily and drew. "P-pass..." she said as she wiped the tears from her eyes.
 
The kids that Aqua had knocked unconscious came too, and after a moment to compose themselves, they picked Muika up and threw her onto the bench, keeping her out of the way just in case she woke up and decided to start annoying their boss.
 
Alex drew again. "Now, I'll summon my third Drillroid." (1600/1600) "Now, All my Machines! Attack!" Alex ordered. Kiama cried out in pain as she was battered again and again. <7800>
"What a shame, she looks like she's gonna cry." Alex teased nastily. "Shame ten turns haven't passed yet." Kiama wiped her eyes with the back of her sleeve as she sniffled.
"Quick!! Someone get the kid a dummy!!" the crowd laughed at poor Kiama.
"Well, looks like it's your move, don't waste it now." Alex laughed.
Kiama drew. "I p-put down a card and end." she said miserably.
 
Alex drew. "Let's see how much we can make you cry!" He said coldly. "Attack again!!"
"And that's all for this round." He said, walking over. He began prodding her with his index finger in the forehead. "Baby wanna cry?!" He teased in a baby voice, just to mock her. "Do we gotta get you a fresh nappy?"
Kiama just sat there and took it, miserably drawing a card, looking at it, then shaking her head. "P-pass...."
"How pathetic. You're not a duellist at all, you're just a loud mouth baby, cry baby!"
 
"Leave her alone! Stop picking on her!" Came a familiar voice as Mint broke through the crowd, however, the gang took Mint by the arms, like they did with Muika.
"Well well well...look who it is." Alex grinned at Mint.
Kiama looked at her hand miserably. 'I could summon something...but what's the point. He'd just destroy it anyway....' Then she looked up at Mint through tearful eyes.
 
Mint's temporary act of bravery was short lived as she was now in as much fear as expected of her.
 
"Let's end this." Alex said. "Just because I can be such a bitch, lets play rough." He said, drawing his card. "Let's start with Polymerization! I'll use my Drillroid on my field, my Submarineroid in my hand and my King of the swamp in my hand! This will combine to form the best monster in my deck!" Alex laughed.
Kiama's eyes widened in pure terror.
 
"Oh yeah, here it comes!!" a guy in the crowd cheered.
"Here comes what?" some girl asked.
"You'll see." another guy replied. "This brat is finished!!"
 
"Say hello to my Super Vehicroid Jumbo Drill!!!!" The monsters combined for form the large zord like mecha robot. (3000/2000)
"I'm finished...." Kiama whispered in fright. She hung her head. 'I can't go on.....'
"Now! My Jumbo Drill! Ambulanceroid and Submarineroid! ATTACK HER!!!" Alex yelled. "Your deck is a good as Mine!"
 
Kiama fell to the floor in a heap as Alex's machines wiped out almost all of her remaining lifepoints. <800> She cried openly as she just lay there like a broken doll. Mint was nearly ready to cry also, but whether it was for fear or what they were doing to Kiama was unknown.
 
"You see now why I'm the best, brat? You see now why people don't mess with me?!" Alex yelled at Kiama. "This is why I rule the school! This is why EVERYONE succumbs to my will! This is why I get what I want! BECAUSE I AM THE BEST!!!" He then burst into a maniacal laughter.
 
Kiama sat up, and moved her hand towards her deck, aiming to surrender before she got hurt anymore.
"Don't give up!!!" Mint screamed in fear, trying one last time to build confidence. This got her attacked by Alex, making her cry. Some of the crowd were beginning to get edgy, they didn't like what Alex was doing, though some more bullies teased the girls.
 
All of a sudden, and without warning, a fist came out of nowhere and hit Alex on the jaw, sending him reeling back. "Don't you even begin to think about giving up to this coward Kiama." said a familiar voice. Kiama looked up, and saw her big brother standing there, fists clenched as the thugs holding Mint backed off quickly.
"Yeah!! You can kick this loser's ass no probs!!" said Kiros, who was sitting on the unconscious form of one of the guys who had Muika subdued. Mint ran off instinctively to the library to cry. Muika was slowly coming back round, and noticed the crowd still there. Then realised the size of him and changed his attitude. "I-I mean...oh crap..."
 
Mitsuko glared at Alex menacingly before squatting down next to Kiama and pulling her into a hug. "I...I can't do it Mitsuko....."
"Of course you can Kiama...just believe."
 
'Believe?' Kiama thought to herself. 'Oh, of course....that day....'
She closed her eyes and remembered.
 
~@~
 
It had happened almost a month before she and Mitsuko had arrived in the city. They'd been ambushed by a gang of duellists who wanted to steal Mitsuko's deck. He duelled them all in tag matches singlehanded, and somehow had managed to beat them, and send them off screaming and crying.
"Mitsuko?" she remembered asking. "How did you do that? It looked like they had you for sure!"
The big lion smiled down at his sister and replied, "Faith. I put my heart in this deck and it's never let me down. No matter how hard things get, I know that if I believe, it'll come through for me when it matters."
 
~@~
 
Kiama smiled and looked up at her brother. "I believe." she said firmly, and stood up facing Alex. "Are you going to end your turn yet? I'm still in this!"
 
"Please help her, by my energy and wisdom, by my heart and love for mother earths gracious waters...please help her..." Aqua chanted quietly with her hands together, praying for something it seemed. She continued to chant this.
 
"You're finished, no matter what you do." Alex said. "So take your last turn, I'm gonna squash ya!"
Kiama hesitated slightly before drawing her last card. 'My brother's heart is in this deck...' she thought to herself. 'And he'd never let me down!!' She drew.
Kiama looked at Alex, an unnerving calmness in her eyes. "I beg to differ." she replied.
 
"No way, did she draw something she can use to win?" one of the crowd muttered.
"She can't have, there's no way she can bring this back now." another replied.
"Alex is just too strong."
"First, I activate the spell card Dian Keto the Cure Master, to give me an extra 1000 lifepoints." Kiama said as she was bathed in light. <1800>
"What will a few thousand more points do? My monster can still wipe you clean out." Alex shrugged, putting on a brave face.
"It let's me do this." Kiama replied. "I play Premature Burial, to bring back my Unshaven Angler!" (1700/1800) <1000> "And he has an effect. Wanna know what it is Alex?"
"Something that'll make you cry, i bet!" Alex said, trying to win the crowd by 'bravery,' however, by quick analyses, the crowd had turned on him.
 
"I want the kid to win!" Someone said.
"Yeah! Alex needs to be beaten!" Another said.
"Go girl! Show him what it means to mess with us woman!" Said Muika who had rejoined the crowd, though she looked battered still, the smile she had showed she didn't care how she looked.
 
"Close." Kiama replied. "It's something that will make YOU cry. If I use him as a tribute for a water creature, he counts as two tributes. This means I can summon......"
 
The air around the duellists suddenly became ice-cold as Kiama's fish vanished, to be replaced by what looked like a huge ball of ice, hanging in mid-air. "Say hello to your defeat Alex." Kiama said. "I call on the power of
 
WHITE NIGHT DRAGON!!!!
 
"
 
The ball of ice exploded, sending ice shards raining down across the field, and the magnificent dragon roared loudly, spreading its wings and casting an icy stare at Alex's machine. (3000/2500)
 
"Oh my god! It's Blue eyes!" A crowd member said, looking up at the great frozen Dragon.
"But he's frozen!" Another said.
"She has a Blue Eyes!"
"AWESOME!" The Crowd cheered at once.
 
"And due to my field spell, my dragon gains 200 points, which means he has more than enough to take your monster out. Go my dragon, DESTROY HIM!!!" Kiama yelled in a fury even Mitsuko had never seen her with.
In the instant the frozen blast struck the Large Machine, it became completely encased in ice, where it then shattered all over Alex. <6200>
"What the heeeeellll!!" Alex yelled as the shards struck him. The crowd began cheering Kiama's name over and over again. Kiama smiled as the dragon settled by her side. "Your move Alex."
Alex drew his card. 'What do Ido...that was my strongest robot and she knows it...no matter, I'm sure something will come up.' He thought to himself.
"That's it! It's perfect!" He then began laughing. “As much as I applaud your effort, it was in vein. I will still beat you!"
"That I'd like to see." Mitsuko said grinning. Kiama was calm, not saying a word.
"Look again you idiot!" Alex roared at Kiros. "Her field spell gives my monsters both an added 200 boost, that's 1000 each for them, cut that in half and how much does she lose?!" Alex grinned. "I win."
 
"That I'd like to see." Mitsuko said grinning. Kiama was calm, not saying a word.
"She'll still have 200 points left, or did you fail math?" Kiros yelled.
"Look again you idiot!" Alex roared at Kiros. "Her field spell gives my monsters both an added 200 boost, that's 1000 each for them, cut that in half and how much does she lose?!" Alex grinned. "I win."
 
"I hate field cards...." Kiros muttered. Kiama just smiled.
"Sorry Alex, but you don't."
"You have nothing left! Fire missile one!" And with that, the first Submarineroid burrowed under the watery ground toward Kiama.
"Sorry Alex, but I activate my trap card, Tornado Wall!" The torpedo was struck and lifted into the air by Kiama's tornado's, and destroyed.
"What?!" Alex roared angrily. "What is this!!!"
 
"Woot!" Aqua cheered as she jumped with what appeared pom-poms and the school's cheerleading section. "Absolutely the best trap EVER!!! It's my favourite trap! You go girl!" She cheered.
 
Mitsuko and Kiros sweat dropped at Aqua, while Kiama just grinned. "While Umi is on the field, Tornado Wall reduces all the damage I take to 0."
"But UMI is not on the field!!!!" Alex roared, so frustrated that common logic was escaping him...if it was there in the first place.
 
"Gimmie a U! Gimmie an M! Gimmie an I! UMI!" Aqua and the girls cheered. "Don't you know that a Legendary Ocean counts as Umi! You're such an amateur!" Aqua said, whilst doing a cheerleaders dance.
 
Kiros walked over to Mitsuko and whispered, "Are we the only sane ones left?"
Mitsuko shrugged and looked at Aqua. "Probably....."
"You'd think she was pissed...the scary thing is, you know she's not..." A crowd member said about Aqua, most of them also sweat dropping.
 
"Do you have anything else Alex? Or are you going to end your turn?" Kiama asked.
"Well, since it technically counts as a damage step, my submarine switches to defence, I'll switch my last Submarineroid into defence and end my turn! I won't lose to a kindergarten grade school kid! I won't, I won't, I won't!!" Alex burst in rage.
 
"You don't have a choice." Kiama said coldly as she drew. "I summon Terrorking Salmon (2600/1200), and I remove my Cure Mermaid from play to special summon Aqua Spirit. (1800/1400) I then play the spell card Ancient Rules to special summon Spiral Serpent from my hand." (3100/3100) Kiama's army of sea monsters grew. "Now, Terrorking Salmon and Spiral Serpent!! Attack his submarines!! Show him that machines will never conquer the oceans!!!!"
 
"Well said!!" Aqua cheered.
 
Alex shook in anger as his roids were shattered into nothing.
"Aqua Spirit!! Destroy his last monster!!!" Kiama ordered. The last machine was destroyed, leaving Alex with an empty field. "Now White Night Dragon!! Attack him directly!!" Kiama called out, as her dragon sent a blast of ice straight at Alex. Alex tried to guard himself, but his arms became frozen due to the blast. Aqua began to concentrate and Alex screamed out, like his arms really were frozen. <3000>
"Your move Alex. Hope it's a good one." Kiama taunted.
 
With his now frozen hand, he attempted to draw, luckily that ice caused the top card to stick to his frozen fingers and he placed a monster face down. "That's all I got..." He said, his pained eyes squinting.
Kiama drew. "I discard Fissure from my hand to activate Dark World Dealings, which destroys one face-down monster on your side of the field." Alex watched helplessly as his last line of defence crumbled before his eyes.
"White Night Dragon, finish this!!!"
 
The White Night Dragon blasted down on a screaming Alex, who as a result became completely encased in ice. <0> The ice began to crack, then shattered, leaving Alex's normal looking frame to fall and quiver on the floor.
 
The crowd erupted in cheers, which quickly died off as they got bored and left. Kiama deactivated her duel disk and hugged Mitsuko. "Thank you big brother...I never could have done it without you."
Mitsuko hugged his sister back and smiled. "I think there's someone else you have to thank." Kiama nodded and ran over to Aqua, handed her back the White Night Dragon Card. "Thankyou Aqua."
"You're welcome"
 
"H-HEY WAIT A SECOND!!!!!" Alex yelled, grabbing the attention of the now dispersing crowd. "THAT WASN'T EVEN YOUR CARD! I WANT A REMATCH!!!!!"
 
"I've had enough..." Aqua said. She walked over to Alex and lifted him by the collar into the air. "You listen to me you son of a bitch. The card was in her deck before the match and after the match, so no matter what you say, for that whole duel, that card was hers to use as she saw fit. Now, even if you have a duel with Mitsuko now, if you even think about bullying anyone, even if it's your own grandmother, I swear to god I will dropkick you so hard you'll wish you'd never been born!" With that, Aqua dropped Alex and walked off. "Do as you like." She said.
 
"M-Meh...whatever, you crazy bitch...let's show this idiot what a real duellist is..." He stood and activated his duel disk, reshuffled and drew 5 cards.
 
Mitsuko smiled at Aqua. "Well said Aqua, couldn't have put it better myself." he grinned. The crowd watched, breathless with anticipation. Everyone new of Mitsuko's duel with Tokimi, which he'd only just lost, and the duel he'd had with Yuuichi earlier that day, so they knew Mitsuko was good. He drew 5 cards, and nodded at Alex. "Since you're so confident, why don't you go first."
 
"Fine!" Alex drew a sixth card. "Meh, what a shit hand! Time for Card destruction!" With a quick change of hands, the two had a new 5 cards. Mitsuko smiled slightly as he looked at his new hand.
"Not much better, oh well." Alex said. "I'll set one monster face down and two cards."
So, Alex, I hear you're the best duellist in the school." Mitsuko said, out of the blue.
"Oh yeah! Better believe it." Muika then yawned.
"I beg to differ." She said. The crowd watched her as she took Kiama's arm and lifted it in the air. "I hereby announce Kiama as the Greatest Duellist of this school." She said, her tone going back to her old normal self. Alex was so pissed he charged for her.
Mitsuko grabbed the bully by the collar as he ran at Muika and flung him backwards. "Don't even think about it, we're duelling here dumbass!" Mitsuko barked.
"Grr...I'll kill you later, Muika!" Alex roared, standing up. "Make your ridiculous move! I'll show you what a pro is!"
 
"Really?" Mitsuko asked curiously. He turned to the crowd. "Any of you seen a duel that ended in one turn?" he asked.
 
"Ooooh!" The crowd awed. "We're interested!"
 
Mitsuko turned back to Alex and grinned darkly. "Well, watch closely, you're about to see one."
"You're bluffing! You're not that good!"
"Watch and learn Alex. This is how it's done." Mitsuko said coldly. "I play the spell card A Heavy Storm. Say goodbye to your face downs."
"Grrr...." Alex wasn't happy.
 
"Now I remove two monsters in my graveyard from play, Zanji and Yaichi, to special summon Enishi, Shien's Chancellor to the field." (2200/1200) "Now, as I have one of the Six Samurai on the field, I can special summon Grandmaster of the Six Samurai (2100/800) and as I now have 2 six samurai, I can special summon these 2 gentlemen, Great Shogun Shien! (2500/2400) And to finish the line-up, I summon Irou!" (1700/1200) Mitsuko's field was instantly filled with his army, the middle creature being Grandmaster, who still bared a striking resemblance to Zewl, which was not lost on Kiros or Aqua.
"Hey...It's the old geezer..." Aqua blurted. Grandmaster Zewl winked at Aqua.
"What the......." Kiros spluttered.
"What's going on? Why are you the Grandmaster?! I never knew you liked cosplay!" Aqua shouted, causing Zewl to fall over comically. The crowd was silent. None of them had ever seen a move like that, especially on someone's first turn. They were all dumbstruck.
 
"...Meh..." Was all Alex could say.
"Irou, destroy his creature." The samurai leapt forward and reduced Alex's monster to dust within seconds. The rest of Mitsuko's army glared menacingly at Alex. "Still think you're a pro Alex?" Mitsuko asked. Alex gritted his teeth, not saying a word.
"No answer? Hmmm...." Mitsuko scratched the back of his neck. "Well, I wonder if my friends can get it out of you. Samurai, attack!!" Alex was then brutally beaten by the samurai; Zewl seemed to be enjoying himself as well. <0>
 
Muika walked over to Alex's spread frame on the floor, cartoonish swirls on his face indicating his unconsciousness. "Please excuse me." She said, she then knelt down and did something, stood up and walked over to Kiama. "I believe this belongs to you, no?" She said, handing Kiama the completed Roid deck. Kiama took the deck and smiled at Muika before walking over to Alex and returning the deck to his duel disk. She turned to her friend. "If I take his deck, I'm just like him." she said happily.
"Now..." she said. "I think Mitsuko's going to get with Mint."
"Well...does he even know where she is?" Muika asked.
Kiama giggled. "Of course. Where she always is!"
“I meant where the library is...”
“He'll be fine, I think...”
 
And he was. Mitsuko walked into the library. "Mint?" he called out as he walked amongst the shelves. Mint's crying voice could be heard from the deepest corner of the Library, oddly enough, the library was empty, probably because everyone was outside getting revenge on Alex's crew.
Mitsuko followed the sound of Mint's cries, turning a corner and seeing her curled up against a wall. "Mint.....?"
 
Muika and Kiama peered into the library and tiptoed behinds shelves, trying to get closer and see what happens.
 
Mint didn't reply to Mitsuko, just continued crying, curled up in a ball.
 
"And so...this episode of Mint and Mitsuko, it appears that the two finally have some....'alone' time..." Muika announced in whisper. "What will happen on this exciting episode?" The two girls were watching through some books.
Kiama suppressed a giggle as the pair watched Mitsuko sit himself down next to Mint. Mitsuko just sat and watched Mint, not saying a word, waiting for her to calm down a little.
 
Mint knew Mitsuko was there, and tried to relax herself, slowly she switched from outburst tears to saddened hiccups.
"Why do these things...*hiccup*...keep happening to me?" She questioned, again hiccupping. "I'm just like...*hiccup*...walking bad luck..."
"Can't be that bad." Mitsuko smiled. "I keep saving you."
"But...It still...*hiccup* happens to me..."
 
"It appears conversation has begun, though it's going slow, it's all that's needed at this point." Muika whispered announcement.
"Shh! I wanna watch." Kiama whispered back.
"Why are we whispering?" Aqua whispered from behind them. The two nearly screamed, but held back knowing they'd ruin everything, but they were so afraid.
"Where the frick did you come from?!" Muika yelled in whisper, still seemingly unheard by the other two.
 
Mitsuko sighed and stretched out. "When I was 13, a couple of years before Kiama was born; I lived with my parents on a small farm outside Radical City. We didn't have any money, so I went to school with my dad's old clothes and borrowed textbooks....the kids at school used to pick on me constantly. One day I came home with a couple of broken ribs. My mother was so worried, and wanted to go down to the school, but my dad told her not too. Instead, he taught me how to fight. After a couple of weeks, I was pretty good, and I started going back. The second the bullies tried to pick on me I fought back. I never had a problem after that. I wasn't such an easy target."
"I never knew that...." whispered Kiama sadly.
 
Mint lifted her head a little, a huge blush on her face.
"It...It doesn't matter..." Mint said.
 
"How red that girl's face can turn is simply amazing..." Aqua whispered, actually amazed.
 
"I guess I feel safe with my books here in this library." Mint said to Mitsuko.
 
"Says the girl with the keys to this place." Muika whispered sarcastically.
"I know." Mitsuko smiled, as he lifted his arm up to offer Mint a hug.
Mint flushed red, and looked away a little. "U...um..." She uttered, now embarrassed over sad.
Mitsuko put his arm down and cleared his throat. "Sorry....just looked like you needed a hug...."
"I-It's okay...I um...I just....I...you see..." Mint stuttered.
 
"See what I mean, Kiama?" Muika whispered. "She's like jelly around him, doesn't know whether she's coming or going."
 
Mitsuko chuckled. "Take a deep breath Mint, think about what you're trying to say." he smiled.
'For goodness sakes, m'boy, this is embarrassing, just put your arm around her already!' Zewl's voice rang in his ears
Mitsuko grimaced. 'For an old man you sure are around a lot. Clear off for a while, would ya?'He replied in his head.
 
'Just trying to help..' With that, the voice died out.
 
Meanwhile, Mint's eyes were jolting toward him, seeing only his legs, since she wasn't moving her head, and back to the otherside of their sockets, clearly something was battling in her mind. 'Should I...but what if he'll reject it...I don't know...but...I....' She battled in her mind. She took a deep breath and calmly fell to her side, so that her shoulder gently hit his arm, and her head rested on his shoulder, the blush on her face deepening, as she clenched her eyes shut.
 
"Wow...for Mint, that's first base..." Muika whispered.
 
Mitsuko smiled at this unexpected act, and wrapped his arm around her. He looked up at the roof of the library. "You don't have to worry about anything while I'm around." he said softly.
Mint relaxed a little at the welcoming reply, then shifted slightly to make herself comfortable. "O..okay..." she said, softly.
 
Kiama bit her lip. "I knew it!!!!" she whispered excitedly. "I knew he liked her!!"
 
Mitsuko rested his head against the wall, and began to softly hum a tune, closing his eyes as he felt Mint resting against him.
 
Aqua sighed. "Fool...he'll put her to sleep..." She whispered.
"How do you know that?" Kiama asked in whisper.
"How do you think I met Hiei?" Aqua replied.
 
Mint's ears twitched. She then began to hum along. Mitsuko stopped humming and looked at Mint. "You know that song?" he asked softly.
"Um...yes..." Mint replied, softly.
 
"Who will make the first move?!" Muika whisperingly continued to announce.
 
Mitsuko used his free hand to touch Mints chin gently, and made her look up at him. He smiled when he saw her blush furiously and look down nervously.
Mint had blushed furiously, though her eyes became entangled in the stare of his own. "You...have very pretty eyes..." She blurted.
This time it was Mitsuko's turn to be embarassed. "Most people find them scary..." he admitted.
"Well...I guess they never got the chance to look at them like I am now." Mint replied.
 
"If she doesn't stop blushing, that'll become a permanant colour." Aqua joked.
 
Mitsuko smiled. "I guess not. You're the first person I've ever let get close enough to see them like this."
Mint then smiled, the blush dying off a little. "You know, I could look at them like this all day, if i could." Mint said, happily.
 
"That's the most forward I've ever seen her..." Muika honestly said to the other two.
 
Mitsuko smiled and leaned forward a little. "There's no rush...." he murmured.
Mint blushed a little more, and then moved her arms down to her bum to push on the floor and lift herself a little, enough to passionately kiss Mitsuko on the lips, her eyes closed as she did so.
Mitsuko moved his arm from around Mint's shoulder to around her waist, holding her tightly as he kissed her back with just as much passion.
 
"Lip-locked! The deal is sealed!" Muika quietly cheered.
"Well, that's her first real kiss." Aqua whispered.
"What makes you say that?" Kiama asked.
"Look at her feet, see how she's turning them inwards, so her big toes would technically touch." Aqua explained, the girls still whispering.
"I think it's sweet." Muika whispered, smiling.
 
As Mitsuko smiled down at Mint, he noticed a movement out of the corner of his eye. Laughing softly, he stroked Mint's cheek. "Don't look now, but I think we have company...." he whispered.
Mint then flushed red and brought her arms to her chin, looking away from Mitsuko. "What?"
Mitsuko cleared his throat. "Now you lot have had your fun, would you mind buggering off?" He heard a very familiar giggle. "Kiama, beat it!" he said sternly.
 
The girls then wondered off, as Mint stood and walked over to the window, completely embarrassed.
"We were so busted." Aqua laughed, outside the library.
"And things were going so well...." Kiama sighed.
"Don't worry about it, I'm sure things will be fine." Muika said. "Let's get out of here before the come to finish the kill though."
 
Meanwhile, Mitsuko stood and walked behind Mint and wrapped her in his arms, looking out the window, his chin gently on her head, as they looked out the window. "I'm sorry..." he whispered.
Mint smiled. "It doesn't matter." She replied. Mint rested her head back on Mitsuko's chest, smiling, with a sweet blush across her cheeks. 'I couldn't be happier...'