Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Expressing Yourself Through Art ❯ Tails' shocking artwork ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, I'm back! This chapter did took more time than the last chapter because I was trying to make it last longer than the rest (As requested by one of the authors).
 
Anyway, here's chapter 3. I hope it's long enough ^_^
 
After Sonic and Knuckles finished their graffiti on the trains, Tails decides to take a break so he can look over his friends' progress. Sonic, of course, HAD to be the first one to show off his work.
 
“Well, here it is you guys, so what do you think?”
 
“Wow Sonic that looks awesome!” says Tails as he and Knuckles were both glancing over Sonic's graffiti on one of the train cars.
 
Well it not much, but it does say a lot about me, if I do say so myself” Sonic then looks over to Knuckles who seem to be rubbing his chin in thought.
 
“Hey Knuckles…KNUCKLES!”
 
“Huh…oh sorry, must've spaced out”
 
Tails just simply rolled his eyes after that last remark. “What do you think of Sonic's graffiti?”
 
“Oh, um…yeah, it's not, not bad at all. It's just that for some strange reason, this artwork of his seemed vaguely familiar…but I just can't put my finger on it, though”
 
Tails takes a closer look at Sonic's graffiti. “Oh yeah, I think I've seen it before…but I just don't remember where”
 
“What are you guys talking about?” asked Sonic
 
“I got a question for you” began Knuckles. “During your morning run, do you happen to see anything that's sort of similar to your work?”
 
“You mean like an advertising logo?”
 
“Umm…yeah, something like that”
 
“…not that I know of…”
 
They all continued to stare at Sonic's graffiti which turned out to be a replica of the Sonic X logo, plus a few added details, of course.
 
“Anyway, I've seen better artwork on a piece of paper” retorted Knuckles as stretches his arms out.
 
“And I suppose you can do better than me?”
 
“Sonic, I KNOW I can do better than you!”
 
“Alright then, let's see your work!”
 
“Fine, it's right over there” replied Knuckle as he directed the cobalt hedgehog and the yellow kitsune to the box car located on the opposite side of the rail road tracks. As soon as they all got there, both Sonic and Tails could not believe how well his work turned out.
 
“Gentlemen” began Knuckles. “This is my masterpiece. I call it `A Guardian's Paradise'”
 
It was a beautiful mural of the Angel Island with a ghostly form of Knuckles in the background wearing purple sunglasses.
 
Tails, of course, was astonished with Knuckles' work!
 
As for Sonic…well… being that he had a reputation to maintain plus he had WAY too much pride for his own good, he simply remained nonchalant over the echidna's mural.
 
However, admitting the fact that the echidna's mural did surpassed his graffiti was the LAST thing he ever would do!
 
5 minutes later, Knuckles broke the silence. “Well, any questions...comments?”
 
“OMG… now this…wow…this is the best damn mural I've ever seen in my life!” beamed Tails. “I mean check out the details and the texture! Wow! What do you think, Sonic?”
 
“Eh, It's okay…I guess…” Sonic replied, but then he mumbled `you little traitor' as soon as his back was turned.
 
“And it does say a lot about profile, wouldn't you agree, Sonic?” retorted Knuckles.
 
Sonic, however, just simply grunted at the echidna's remarks.
 
“Sonic, I know I've said your graffiti is awesome and all…” Tails began. “But comparing yours to Knux's mural…hey… his basically kicks ass right there!
 
*Feh* “Whatever” Sonic replied as he headed towards Tails' backpack and grabbed himself a candy bar and a bag of “Cheese Crunchies”. “If anyone needs me, I'll be on the roof” With that said, he hops on top of one of the trains.
 
Tails was taken back a little by Sonic's remarks, but Knuckles simply placed a hand on the kitsune's shoulders.
 
“Ah, don't mind him” retorted Knuckles. “He's just mad because my mural is way better than his”
 
“I can still hear you!!!” Sonic shouted from the roof of the trains.
 
“Good!!!”
 
“ *tch*Whatever!”
 
“Big baby!”
 
“Shut up!!!”
 
“You're just mad because mine is better than yours!”
 
“Hey Red, if you don't want a Sonic-Bitch Slap, SHUT THE F*** UP!”
 
Tails couldn't help but laugh at his friends' rivalry. *LOL* “I swear, you two seriously need your own sitcom!” (Stretches out his arms) “Well, while you two finish each other off, I'm going to go finish up my work”
 
“Well you better hurry up!” said Knuckles as he grabbed himself a snack from Tails' back pack. “Because I heard that the vandal squad is going to start patrolling the yard at 11:30 tonight, and it's already 10:15pm.
 
“Oh, that's okay, I got enough time”
 
“The sooner we get out of here, the better, get the point?”
 
“Oh…OOH, well then I better hurry” (runs back to complete his work)
 
 
*15 minutes later*
 
“…just one more spray here…There, finished!” exclaimed Tails as he completed the last finishing touches of his work. He then takes a step backward to get a better view of his progress.
 
“Wow, it actually came out better than I expected…well maybe not as good as Sonic or Knuckles, but oh well… speaking of which, I wonder where they are?”
 
Meanwhile on top of the trains, Sonic and Knuckles managed to call a truce between them and decided to save their energy for when they're fighting with Dr. Eggman and his plans to dominate the world. In the meantime, they just relaxed and enjoyed their snacks while waiting for their young companion to finish his work.
 
“You know…” said Knuckles while munching on some fruit-flavored candy. “These fruit-flavored nibblings are really tasty…*chew, chew, chew*…and chewy! What do you call these again?”
 
“`Skittles'” replied Sonic.
 
“Hm… that's a weird name for it… but good candy. I'm just curious, though; does everybody come up with the strangest names for foods these days?”
 
“…You don't get out much, do you Red?”
 
“Hey, you try spending half your lifetime guarding the Master Emerald!”
 
Soon, they both heard Tails calling them from below the trains. “Hey Sonic…Knuckles!”
 
“Tails, hey, are you done yet?!” called Sonic from above.
 
“Yep, it's finish!”
 
“About time, let's see it”
 
“'Kay” Soon they all head out to view Tails' work. But what Sonic and Knuckles don't know is that they are about to witness a side of Tails that they've never seen before.
 
“Well, here it is! So what do you guys think?”
 
“Wow…WHOA!!!...” O_O ()
 
When both Sonic and Knuckles saw how Tails' work came out, oh man, it was a SIGHT to behold. The mural consist of a portrait of Tails wearing goggles, almost like the one on Knuckles' mural, But what shocked them the most was how the portrait was shown giving “da finger”. On top of that, there was a statement located on the lower right hand side of the mural that says “ALL U HATERS OUT THERE CAN KISS MY 2-TAILED ASS!!!”
 
 
“I got to admit, though. This mural really made a huge statement about me, don't cha guys think?”
 
“Gee Tails…” Sonic began. “That's a…quite a statement”
 
 
 
I hope this chapter isn't too long for some of you. Coming up next is the 4th and final chapter. How will the boys' adventure end? You'll have to find out next time on “Expressing yourself through Art, Chapter IV”.
 
*yawn*until then, about time for me to call it a night and hit the sack! Good night!