Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Power Trip ❯ Commander Robotnik ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Commander Robotnik
 
 
"So you're saying you are Sonic the Hedgehog?"
 
"Yes! That's what I just said!" The once blue replied with annoyance evident in his voice.
 
After Sonic saw that his blue fur had become yellow, he sort of freaked out. Sure he knew that when he became Super Sonic, his fur changed to the yellowish-gold color it was now. He also knew that when he transformed, he felt an almost unlimited supply of energy coursing through his body. He currently felt none of that and that's what frighten him.
 
Angelica was having a difficult time believing the claim the yellow hedgehog made. As soon as she pointed out what she saw before her, the other hedgehog began grasping his furry quills with bewilderment written on his face. After watching the hedgehog examining his body for several seconds, she frowned.
 
"Are you sure you aren't just an obsessed fan because-"
 
Sonic growled causing her to stop right there. He then snapped his attention from his body to the purple hedgehog before him. "Look if you would have opened your eyes before that crazy white hedgehog burst with energy, you would have saw I was as blue as the ocean!"
 
Before the purple hedgehog could respond, a huge ten foot machine landed before Sonic with a thunderous stomp, making the concrete below crack under pressure.
 
"What the-"
 
"Hedgehog within sight Commander Robotnik! Preparing to eliminate target!" said a metallic voice within the black and red walking machine.
 
"Ro-Robotnik?!" shouted Sonic with wide eyes as he dive rolled out the incoming giant foots way.
 
Sonic stood several feet from the robot in deep thought as he awaited for its next move. 'Doesn't he go by Eggm-' He paused in mid sentence as he noticed something that he never wanted to see again. Imprinted on the sides of the machine, were the words "G.U.N" along with Eggman's infamous face shadowing behind them.
 
'That's not good.' As soon as those thoughts processed through his mind, all hell broke loose.
 
 
 
Seven more giant machines landed beside the first machine, each making their own loud stomping sound upon contact with the now wobbling streets. The machines began firing rapid bullets towards the surprised yellow hedgehog with the Gatling gun equipped upon each of their arms.
 
Our blue turned yellow hero used his speed to his advantage as he jumped, flipped and lunged out of harm's way. As he landed a few feet away, he curled up into a ball and began to start one of his signature moves. His spinning soon increased into extreme speeds as he built pressure before letting himself go, aiming towards the nearest machine in front of him. A bone crushing sound was made as Sonic impacted the huge machine, making the purple hedgehog flinch.
 
"Ugh! Tha-that didn't go as planned …" Sonic groaned as he slump to the ground while gripping his head in pain. It appeared that his spin dash wasn't going to work on these particular robots.
 
"Watch out!"
 
As Sonic attempted to shake the throbbing pain off, he failed to hear Angelica's heed of warning. The hedgehog screamed in agony as one of the robots clutched his body with its huge hands and began to crush his small form in mid air. Wordless to say, Sonic had never felt such agony from a robot that Eggman built.
 
"If I don't get out of this things grip, I'm as good as gone…" Sonic thought as he groaned yet again. Seconds later, he felt a sickening snap go through his bones, making him shut his eyes and clutch his mouth as an attempt to stop himself from screaming.
 
"No…stay away!" a female voice shouted.
 
Sonic forced his pain written face towards the source of the feminine scream. Upon eye contact, he froze at what he saw, momentarily forgetting his own pain. The purple hedgehog was backing away from three of the seven available machines as they stomped their way towards her terrified form. The said hedgehog yelped as her fear got the best of her which caused her to tumble to the ground.
 
Sonic's emerald green colored eyes instantly became enraged. If there was one thing that Sonic disliked the most, it was not being able to save those in need of help. His emerald eyes flickered between red as his rage began to awaken a hidden power within and consume him.
 
As the three giant machines closed in on the helpless female hedgehog, Sonic exploded with large amounts of chaos energy, causing the hold of the clutching robot to shatter along with its entire body. Sonic quickly took action with the familiar power he now had within his possession and dashed in mid air to the other hedgehog's aid.
 
Within seconds, he sliced through the mid section of the three huge robots as if they were mere paper.
 
Angelica stared dumbfounded at the gleaming yellow hedgehog's back as he just hovered in mid air a few feet away. "Whoa…" She muttered with rounded eyes.
 
The remaining four machines hurriedly took after the super charged hedgehog, but didn't have a chance as Sonic throw his right palm forward, releasing a powerful Sonic Wind attack that literally broke the sound barrier. As the wind attack directly hit the incoming four robots, it sliced and diced them to pieces as they then touched the streets below with a loud cluttering sound.
 
"In-incredible!" The officers whom recently awakened from their unconscious state stared with amazement.
 
"That's Super Sonic for ya!" A random City Hall resident hollered out as more come out of "hiding".
 
"T-that's Super Sonic huh…" Angelica stuttered out with shock. "So he wasn't lying…"
 
Sonic's left furry ear twitched as he heard her silent comment. He turned to the now adjacent hedgehog and gave her a warm smile followed by a thumbs up. "Told ya didn't I…"
 
Sadly, it seems like the sudden power surge took its toll on Sonic's body because before Angelica could smile back, he collapsed on the ground with a thud and passed out as the gleaming aura around him vanished. However, Sonic still remained yellowish-gold but instead of having his super form wildly upward spread quills, he had his regular downward ones.
 
As the officers began to rush to the hero's aid, it was instantly put to a stop as half a dozen robots similar to the one's destroyed hovered in their path. The machine's had the same design as the earth walking ones except that they were the airborne type.
 
"Oh darn! Now what…" Angelica said to herself as she watched with hopelessness clearly visible in her eyes."This can't be happening…"
 
Angelica is not a fighter, so for her, this is a very frightening situation to be in. She came to this city to find her brother and get to know him, but now it seems like she has to watch him get crushed by those ridiculously giant flying robots simply because she was too scared to do anything.
 
Angelica shut her eyes after witnessing several laser shots fired at the unconscious hedgehog.
 
If only she had kept her eyes open for a second longer, she would have noticed a rather large bluish-green laser beam counter the enemies' attack.
 
X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X
 
 
Tails' nerves began to kick in overdrive as he saw the chaos readings go over the edge. He, along with Cream, were mere minutes away from City Hall. Though the fox's plane wasn't one-hundred percent complete, it was still beyond faster than the Tornado 2. In fact, In others eyes', they would say that the plane was finished. But of course, the fox was by all means not like others. He sought after perfection with his creations.
 
Suddenly, a large surge of chaos energy could be seen from the outskirt of the City as Tails' Tornado TX 3 closed in.
 
"Look Tails! It sky rocketed again!" The rabbit pointed out as she observed the monitor near her seat.
 
"I know." Tails replied while looking at the bright yellow energy erupting from the close by city. "But this time, I'm sure it came from Sonic!" He finished with a proud smile.
 
Cream rose an eyebrow at this. "How are you so sure?"
 
"Because I've known Sonic for so long that I would be dumb not to be able to identify his super form aura." The fox answered as a small chuckle followed. "That and I am a genius!"
 
Cream just rolled her eyes at the fox's big ego. 'Sometimes I think his head is too big…' She thought with annoyance.
 
As the city finally came into view, both the fox and rabbit saw the scene unfold before their eyes.
 
Super Sonic was indeed present and he was slicing through three huge robots like a hot knife through butter.
 
"Heh, looks like Sonic got it under control!" Tails cried out with excitement.
 
"I'll say!" Cream nodded in approval. "And either Sonic has the seven chaos emeralds or that weird emerald you told me about actually worked."
 
"I told you! I'm a-"
 
"-Genius blah blah!" the rabbit mimicked. " Give it a rest will you!"
 
Tails' was going to make a smart comment back but froze when he saw that shortly after Sonic destroyed the rest of the remaining robots, he fainted.
 
"Oh no! Why did he just give out like that?!" The bunny gasped out. "And why is he still Super Sonic?"
 
"I don't know, but looks like more trouble is coming!" Tails' growled out as he saw six flying robots emerge and surround the unconscious hero and a purple hedgehog.
 
'Who's the female hedgehog?' Tails thought with curiously but quickly shook those thoughts away as he noticed that the robots began to charge a powerful attack.
 
"Hold on tight honey-bunny!"He hollered as he pushed on the accelerator which shot the plane forward at an even higher speed.
 
Cream couldn't help but sigh at the fox's sad attempt of a nick-name. ' Oh brother…'
 
 
X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X
 
 
As the laser beams connected, a loud explosion broke through the sound barrier which could most likely be heard throughout the entire city. Angelica opened her eyes fearing that the worse has happened but instead sighed with relief as she saw that the unconscious hedgehog was still in one piece. Shortly after, a rather large fancy plane hovered mere feet from the robots and Sonic. She looked on in awe as she saw the plane eject a blaster cannon on one side and a gatling gun on the other.
 
"Stand back!" a young voice shouted from within the air craft, "Sonic's in good hands now!"
 
Angelica did as she was told and braced herself as she watched the events unfold with interest. She watched as the hero's savior shot off with a strong thrust forward, firing the gatling gun with great force towards the six flying opposing robots. The bullets seemed to do little to no damage as the enemy robots proceeded to scatter and attempt to surround the transformer plane. This ended up in failure as the plane's pilot seemed to anticipate this and shot off to the side thus avoiding getting cornered. The pilot quickly maneuvered the plane behind an unsuspected airborne robot and shot his blaster cannon through its backside. The robot jerked and jittered around for a bit at the damage that it had received before correcting itself and turning towards its target. Suddenly, the yellow and red plane began charging its cannon for what looked like the bluish-green energy it had used earlier. The damaged robot rushed forward also powering up a crimson energy to try to counter or hit its foe. Unfortunately, the robot lucked out once again as the plane evaded the oncoming fire by jerking to the left and letting loose the laser blaster full force in the robots side, reducing it to useless scraps of metal and wirers which landed roughly on the ground.
 
A happy female squeal was heard within the plane which caused the shocked purple hedgehog to wonder how many pilots were in the strange aircraft. However, the happy squeal was short lived as the remaining five flying bots surround the lone plane.
 
X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X
 
 
"Tails! You really should have thought before doing this! We are greatly outnumbered!" The female rabbit shouted with fear evident in her voice.
 
"Not only that, but those previous laser attacks used up all of the plane's fire power." Tails stated as sweat became visible on his eyebrows while he looked between the energy usage panel of the plane to the surrounding bots. Since the plane was not finished yet, it didn't support large amounts of fire power. He still had plenty of flight fuel but he had to get out of this jam they were in first.
 
"So what do we do!?" Cream shirked. She was beginning to panic.
 
"Calm down! We're going to escape somehow…" Tails answered. He was beginning to really regret bring Cream with him. Her panicking was beginning to make him nervous. It also didn't help that all robots were preparing for a final attack that would surely end Cream and his life along with his beloved plane.
 
"Thunder Arrow!" A gruff voice suddenly hollered as a white arrow of thunder struck one of the unaware robot's on the top.
 
"Black Wave!" A smooth feminine voice shouted shorted after the gruff one as a dark whirl of energy consumed another robot which was adjacent from the other.
 
"Alright! It's Knuckles and Rouge!" Tails and Cream both exclaimed as they saw the said red echidna land swiftly beside the plane as the female bat followed shortly after.
 
Knuckles gave the relieved fox and rabbit a thumbs up and the female bat just winked at them with a small smile. The reunion was short lived as the G.U.N. bots, excluding the recently damaged ones, charged towards the echidna and bat with blazing speed. Knuckle gave Rouge a small nod, which was returned as they ran off to the nearby disorientated robots they first attacked. A mere red blur could be seen as the red echidna rushed in to the G.U.N bot he previously damaged and ended its life with a powerful aura filled fist to its mid section, causing the bot to shake violent and tumble to the streets below with a loud smashing sound upon impact. At the same time, the jewelry loving bat finished off her robot with a stern roundhouse kick to its jerking head, penetrating it with her strong metal boot. As the bat finished the bot, the remaining three instantly flew towards their two new opponents with their weapons ready to fire. As they opened fire, the bat and echidna shot their signature moves which the bots avoided easily enough and carried on by shooting powerful red lasers beam.
 
The echidna and bat jumped out of the way on time as the beams struck the ground thus chipping and cracking it. Upon landing, the heroes targeted one of the nearby bot and shot off towards it with great speed. Rouge jumped on top of the airborne bot and shoved her heel into its head. To her amazement, it only curved in into a dent. One of the other bots took this moment to its advantage and fired a charged beam shot to the sidetracked bat. Seconds before the laser hit the white bat, the red echidna grabbed the wide eyed bat and hurriedly leaped off the robot. As the charged beam struck the other robot, thus exploding it to pieces, the echidna glided smoothly to the ground with the fist clutching bat in hand.
 
"My hero…" The clinging bat whispered to the echidna with a cheeky smile. She then gave the blushing guardian a peck on his cheek, making him blush even harder. Knuckles secretly thanked the gods that his fur was already red. Unfortunately, the same couldn't be said for his face.
 
As the echidna coughed and placed the bat onto her feet, he turned to the fox and rabbit who were watching them with wide stupid grins on their lips while in the standstill hovering plane.
 
"The heck are you doing Tails!? Grab Sonic and the purple hedgehog and high tail it out of here!" The guardian all but growled out as he blushed again at his friends sly grins.
 
The fox's expression instantly turned from playful to serious as he nodded and hovered to the unconscious yellow hedgehog as the echidna returned to aid the white bat, who was giving it her all to the last two G.U.N bots. As he reached his friend, he took notice that the purple hedgehog was starring at Sonic with worry in her eyes. Tails told his rabbit to wait inside while he fetched Sonic which said rabbit reluctantly agreed to. He gave Cream a reassuring smile as he then popped the protective roof open and hopped off the airborne plane, using his twin tails to glide himself into a soft landing to the ground.
 
Tails hurriedly but gently picked up his unconscious best friend and tossed him over his shoulders which startled the worried purple hedgehog. This sudden movement alarmed the female hedgehog, but the fox's friendly smile put that to a stop.
 
"Don't worry, I'm a good friend of his." The fox stated as he extended his free hand with that same friendly smile. "I'm Tails!"
 
The purple hedgehog excepted the fox's hand as a genuine smile spread across her lips. "Nice to meet you! I'm Angelica but please call me Angel."
 
The fox's friendly expression turned serious as he replied. " Look I don't know what your story is but we need to get going before more bots are sent, " Tails turned to leave but not before saying that she was welcome to come if she liked. Angelica decided that she would and followed the fox closely behind to his hovering plane. As the fox was about to reach in his pant pocket for a remote that would command the TX 3 to land on the streets below, he's eyes widened as he noticed it began to already descend into landing.
 
"Huh?" Tails tilted his head as he saw Cream in the cockpit wave perkily at him with a bright smile.
 
"Y-you landed that?!" The fox shuddered out with utter shock.
 
Cream huffed with annoyance at the fox's lack of belief in his voice. "What? You think I never learned a thing or two as I watched you work away in the lab?!"
 
"N-No I just uhh-" Tails did not know how to respond to that so he instead decided to complement her on her landing. This seemed to work as he saw that the rabbit's nasty glare turned into a giddy smile. ' Whoa…I dodged that one'
 
"What are you all still doing here!" an enraged guardian hollered out, startling the others, even Rouge who was busy with the last remaining robot, but luckily it wasn't enough to effect her focus. "Get go-" the echidna cut himself off and cursed as he saw more robots from big to small arrive to the area that had become their battlefield.
 
This events caused the two tailed fox to take action. After a quick argument on who should drive the plane, the fox settled it by stating that next time he would let her drive. Maybe Cream did somehow learn how to drive his plane but in the current situation they were in, he was not going to take the chance for things to go wrong.
 
As the streets began to be filled with G.U.N and Eggman bots, Tails yelled to everyone to told on tight which everyone except Sonic complied to. Angelica made sure that Sonic was fastened safely as the fox pushed the accelerator button which sent the plane shooting off into the sky with sound breaking speed.
 
They weren't completely safe while airborne because some of the bots that were not occupied with the echidna and bat, took off after the getaway plane, set on destroying their main target.
 
 
To Be Continued…