Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic X: Night of the Vampire ❯ Strange Dreams ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dr. Eggman sat inside the control room of his secret base. Everything was going according to plan.
 
“Rouge has taken the bait. She has no idea what she has unleashed. Now Sonic, what will you do? I'll be watching closely from here on out. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”
 
“Tails… Tails…”
 
“Wuh… Cosmo?”
 
“Tails, the time has come… You are the only one… Remember what I have told you… There is no time to waste… Hurry… Get up now… Tails!”
 
“Tails… Tails buddy!”
 
“Ugh… What? Sonic?”
 
“Tails old buddy it's your turn to tell a scary story.”
 
“Cosmo… Sorry Sonic I must've dosed off.”
 
Sonic, Tails, Amy, Cream & Cheese had gone camping for the night, trying to get a little R&R, but nothing could make Tails stop thinking about Cosmo.
 
“Sorry Sonic, I think I'll pass.”
 
“Okay then it's my turn.” said Amy. “Okay… The scariest thing in the world would be if… If you went to grab something, and it wasn't there… Cause it turned to STONE!”
 
Everyone stared at Amy disappointed.
 
“Okay I'll tell you something really scary.” said Sonic. “The scariest thing in the world… would be if one of Eggman's plans really worked!”
 
Everyone started laughing, everyone that is except Tails.
 
“Tails? Is something wrong?”
 
“Oh nothing, I'm just not feeling so great… I think I need to walk it off.”
 
Tails got up and started dragging his feet off in an aimless direction.
 
“What's wrong with him?” asked Sonic.
 
“Do you think he still misses Cosmo?” asked Cream.
 
“Chow?” said Cheese.
 
“Yes! That has to be it!” exclaimed Amy.
 
“What makes you so sure?” asked Sonic.
 
“Because he was in love with her, and I'd be wearing the exact same expression on my face if I lost you.”
 
“Okay…” said Sonic.
 
“Sonic maybe you should talk to him.” said Cream.
 
“Chow.”
 
“What should I say?”
 
“Tell him she's looking down on him smiling or something, anything to make him feel better.” said Amy.
 
Tails laid down in the grass and stared into the starry night sky. It was on a night like this when he first met Cosmo. He could feel a tear running down his cheek.
 
“Hey buddy.” said Sonic. “Mind if I join you?”
 
“Suit yourself.” said Tails.
 
Sonic laid down in the grass next to Tails and put his arms behind his head. He looked back and saw Amy mouthing the words “Say something to him.” He turned his attention back to Tails and saw that he was starting to cry.
 
“Ugh… What a nice night.” he said. “The stars are out, the moon is out, even that big red thunder cloud is… Big red thunder cloud!?!”
 
Sonic and Tails shot up and looked at the sky. There was indeed a big red thunder cloud enveloping the whole sky. It was coming from the south.
 
“What the heck is going on here!?!” exclaimed Sonic.
 
Suddenly they all heard a loud scream.
 
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”
 
“Someone's in trouble.”
 
Suddenly and without warning Tails took off in the direction from which they all heard the scream.
 
“Tails where are you going? Wait up!” and without another word Sonic dashed after him.
 
“I don't like this.” said Cream sounding scared.
 
“Chow.”
 
“I don't like it either.” replied Amy, “But we should follow them.”
 
As Tails flew forward he could still hear Cosmo's words echoing in his ears.
 
“Hurry Tails… Hurry!”