Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic X: Night of the Vampire ❯ The Invincible Iron Thorndyke ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sonic and friends were surrounded on all sides by the Gaiki.
 
“Looks like Gigex had a few late night snacks.” said Sonic.
 
“What are we going to do?” asked Cream sounding horrified.
 
“Chow?”
 
“Laugh like circus clowns while they scream for mercy.” said Shadow already getting into a fighting stance.
 
“Sonic… If we don't make it out of this… I love you!” said Amy getting out the Piko Piko Hammer.
 
Sonic smiled and said, “Here's another bomb. I hate water.”
 
“Get them!” yelled the vampire Eggman.
 
Sonic and Shadow both started spinning and dashed into the first vampire to charge at them. Knuckles jumped at the vampires coming from his direction and started punching away. Rouge kept kicking away at any Giaki that came her way, and Amy started hitting any Giaki that got too close to her.
 
“Get back! Back you frightening freaks back!”
 
Tails took out a lily and started chanting something in a language that no one understood. Suddenly giant blasts of energy erupted from the flower and zapped whatever vampire he was aiming at. The vampires started to wail in agony as a result.
 
“Hey how are you doing that?” said Sonic trying to fight off another Giaki.
 
“There will be time for explanations later!” said Tails.
 
In the midst the chaos of the fight going on Cream noticed that one of the vampires looked familiar.
 
“Mother!”
 
Suddenly Cream was snatched by the vampire Eggman.
 
“My master will feast upon your life!”
 
The vampire Eggman's eyes began to glow then a beam of light shot out of Cream's eyes and into Eggman's.
 
“Chow!!!”
 
“Cream!!!”
 
“Hey leave her alone you waste of skin and fat!” yelled Bokkun.
 
“No Bokkun!” yelled Decoe and Bocoe, “Don't be a hero!”
 
Bokkun rammed into Eggman's head causing him to release Cream. Cream was starting to turn gray, and moaned in pain.
 
“Tails!” yelled Amy “We need you to do another transfusion!”
 
“I'm a little busy right now!” yelled Tails fighting off Giaki.
 
Sonic and the others weren't gaining any ground, there were too many vampires and they just kept coming.
 
“Foolish mortals! There is nothing you can do to stop us! We will feed every last bit of your delicious life force to our glorious master!”
 
Suddenly Eggman was blasted by a bolt of energy which seemed to come out of no where.
 
“Get away from my friends Eggman!”
 
Sonic and all the other looked up and saw what looked like a shiny robot man.
 
“Who is that!?” said Shadow.
 
“I have no idea.” said Sonic.
 
The robot looking person looked down at them and said, “Guys! Cover your eyes!”
 
He threw what looked like a bomb down at them and suddenly there was a blinding flash of light. The vampires all snarled, sneered, and hissed at the light as they covered their eyes. When the flash subsided Sonic and his friends were gone.
 
When Sonic and co opened their eyes they found themselves in a cave with the metal man standing in front of them.
 
“Are you guys okay?” he asked.
 
“We'll be asking the questions around here!” said Knuckles. “Who are you!?!”
 
“Relax Knuckles, you guys know me.”
 
“I don't know you from anywhere freak. Now I'm not going to ask again. Who are you!?!”
 
“Okay, let's try it without the mask.”
 
The armored figure took off his mask and…
 
“What? Chris is that you!?!” asked Sonic.
 
“In the flesh.”
 
“You look… older.”
 
“You guys still look the same. How long has it been since I left after we defeated the Metarex?”
 
“About two months.”
 
“Darn it. Back on my planet it's been two years. I guess my teleporter still has a few kinks to work out. But hey, at least I'm my right age this time.”
 
“Not to interrupt the reunion but somebody here needs help right now!” said Amy.
 
They had completely forgotten about Cream. Tails went to work performing the transfusion using some of Amy's life force, while Sonic brought Chris up to speed on the dark events of the evening.
 
“Sounds like I made the right choice when I decided to bring my new powered body armor.”
 
“Where did you get that suit anyway?” asked Sonic.
 
“Well, the last time I came to visit unexpectedly you guys were getting ready to face the Metarex, so I decided to come prepared this time and I built this suit as a precaution.”
 
After awhile Cream started to wake up and started crying.
 
“What is it Cream?”
 
“He's got her Sonic. He has my mom!”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“I saw her… She was all gray and had fangs and those horrible red eyes and… and…” she broke down crying.
 
Sonic looked at Tails and said, “Is there a way?”
 
Tails thought about it for a moment and then said, “The only way to free those who have already become Giaki is to destroy Gigex himself.”
 
“Okay.” said Amy “So all we have to do is find Count Jerkula and…”
 
She swung the Piko Piko Hammer into the wall to complete her sentence.
 
“Amy… I don't' mean to be a pain in the neck.” said Tails, “But have you forgotten that Gigex is immortal!?!”
 
“But Tails, Gigex isn't all that though. Remember the last time we fought him?” said Sonic.
 
“Sonic did you not see all the innocents that Gigex has turned into Giaki? With all that life force Gigex will be strong again. And I'm willing to bet at this moment his new servants are out there gathering even more life force for him. The next time we see him Gigex might be fifty feet tall with laser eyes!”
 
“Whoa! I don't wanna fight giant laser eyes!” said Bokkun.
 
“Me neither!” said both Decoe and Bocoe.
 
“So how do you propose we deal with this vampire?” asked Shadow.
 
“Why don't we just lock him up in that same coffin like last time?” asked Rouge.
 
“The Sarcophagus of never ending sleep has already been destroyed!” yelled Knuckles. “Do you think Gigex would be stupid enough to just leave the weapon that defeated him last time alone!?!”
 
“Why don't we just drive a wooden stake through his heart?” asked Chris.
 
“Chris, Gigex isn't a normal vampire. A wooden stake will not harm him.”
 
“So how do we defeat him?” asked Sonic.
 
“I don't know yet.” said Tails “I'll have to get back to my lab and look at my books.”
 
“Since when do you keep books on things like this?” asked Amy.
 
“There will be time for explanations later. Right now we need to get back to the lab, but we must be cautious. Gigex probably has his whole undead army out there looking for us.”
 
As they left the cave Tails began to think.
 
“Cosmo was right… I really am all alone on this one… Cosmo…”
 
Suddenly Tails heard it again.
 
“Don't be sad Tails… It will be tonight… I promise you.”
 
Tails looked around and saw no one.
 
“What? What will be tonight?”