Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ And The Kid Who Just Stands Tonight ❯ Chapter Ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
For a while, all of them, even Chocolate, watched the stars and contemplated their own lives, and what just had happened. Carrot still held his brother's seraph body, the one in that a life had lived but then escaped. No one knew what really happened in those two days, but Big Mama's foreshadowing had proven accurate, to the group's eternal despair. This angel Marron wasn't alive when they knew him, so had the real Marron died yesterday instead? Or had Marron been an angel all along?

Tira believed it was the latter. Marron had always been the obscure one, the one whose feelings were never released. No one ever knew his true emotions, but Tira knew they had never been evil. Lady Creme had manipulated Marron's soul for her own wrongdoing, but they killed her. Her soul switching had been irreversible, and so, they could do nothing. Nothing but watch in pain as the one they loved was slowly taken from them. It was nothing less than devastating, for Marron had been the one to unite them all. He was the one upon which pain, sadness and fear was laid like a heavy load. The others were freed of such atrocities. And now they were humbled.

For Tira, she found that she had known no love like the one she found in Marron. It was a bitter love; one that she didn't have the chance to voice, but this didn't matter to her. It was the feelings inside her that counted, and that feeling of freedom she got whenever she remembered what Marron meant to her. Her love for Marron far surpassed what she had ever felt for Carrot, for hers was a love that did not require sexual intimacy but was based on the connection of two souls in divine harmony. She felt she had made some connection with Marron, and she kept this feeling tucked with her for the rest of her life.

By his younger brother's sudden death, Carrot was shamed into a whole new attitude of life. He no longer chased women relentlessly, or made crude comments about other people. He began to respect everyone as a person, not for what they looked like on the outside. Perhaps Carrot thought that this was something his brother would have done. Nevertheless, Carrot lived on trying to be the best sort of person he could, someone his brother would appreciate. He missed him so much.

Chocolate could not ever understand what happened, really, that night Marron ascended to heaven. She knew that he had given her some sort of life force to bring her back to life, and then he had died himself. She knew that this exchange of his life for hers was more significant than anything she had ever come to know, and she felt regret. Marron's giving of life speeded up his own downfall, and Chocolate was the recipient. Her guilt remains to this very day, and she has thus become a very giving person herself.

Gateau could not contain his grief. Perhaps he changed the most of all of them. He gave up hunting sorcerers, and settled himself in a tiny mountain village not far from Ayumi. His vanity was left in the dust where Marron died, and he never brought it up again. Maybe in the loss of his loved one, he lost the love for himself. He never stripped his clothes off again to ask for a "look" and he never again judged someone's internal self simply by looking at them. He eventually found and married his soul mate, a pretty dark-haired woman, whom he loved with all his heart like he would have for Marron. His wife never knew about sorcerer hunting, and she never knew about what happened that fateful night that so marked his life. She always did wonder, however, why Gateau would sometimes call her "Marron" in his moments of compassion. She never did found out why.

Marron, the quiet one, the unknown one of the group, seemed to have a large impact on his friends that he had known for basically his entire life. His final ascension to heaven proved to be his last task of this world, only after giving his life to help a friend. He still watches over them, even though they do not realize it. We probably all have some form of protection, though it might or might not be in the form of an angel.

Marron always was the kid who just stands tonight, even in his final form. He continues to do so, in those far reaches of heaven watching his friends and those he truly cares for. Still his emotions had never been leaked. Marron was the kid who just stands tonight. But now and forever, he stands alone.


THE END