Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Barstools and Bedrooms ❯ I Drink to Forget ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Sorcerer Hunters or any character thereof, but I do own this classy little leather number that I just can't get Marron to wear...



Barstools and Bedrooms



The room seemed to tilt and spin around him, he gripped tightly onto the polished surface before him to try and regain his balance. Marron wobbled again and the man across from him offered him a strange look before setting another full shot glass on the bar. It was only his third, but alcohol and Marron didn't appear to be the greatest combination. Still, ignoring the headache already rising in his subconscious, he accepted the drink with a nod. He had come here for a reason and he did not intend to leave conscious.

A voice shouted across the bar, yelling something that took Marron a few repetitions too long to realize was his name. Looking up, he recognized Milphey. The Haze Knight fought his way through the crowd to reach the bar. He glared sharply.

"Do you have /any/ idea of how long we've been looking for you!?"

Marron simply shrugged and Milphey took in an unusual sight far from the normal groomed perfection. His long dark tresses were tousled and hung chaotically around and in his face, the collar of his robe was hanging open to reveal an immodest amount of his pale chest, and skilled hands that held ofudas of enormous power now unsurely gripped the small glass.

Tossing back his head, Marron shivered as the burning liquid rushed down his throat. He slammed down the shot glass, a little harder than intended. He motioned the barkeep for another and turned to look at the disapproving Milphey, succeeding in nearly falling off the stool.

"Marron?" he asked softly.

" I'm juss fine," he said in a serious tone, given away only by the slur and the fact that he weaved back and forth precariously.

"No, you're not 'just fine'. This isn't like you, what happened?"

Marron blinked at the question, and realized he knew the answer. He didn't want to know anymore. He had given up, given everything up and all for nothing. He picked up the glass.

"Don't."

"I can still see."

"See what?"

"Him. Her. Them."

"Marron...."

"He did it again Milphey, he...he....on our bed damnit!" He downed the liquor and looked at Milphey with glazed eyes, indefinable emotions swirling in their depths.

"Come on, lets go. You've had enough."

"No...I can still remember..."

Suddenly gold eyes were upon him, and Marron's face was very, very close.

"Take me Milphey."

"What?" he choked out before warm lips pressed against his own. He fought, pushing Marron backwards. The shove was just enough to send the younger man off the back of the stool and to the floor, he was spared only by the grace of a passing stranger who's fast reflexes saved him a nasty collision.

The blond man just smiled, his tanned arms protruding from his tank top and supporting the mage. Gently, he handed the boy over to Milphey.

"Uh...thank you."

He simply smiled and went back to a rousing game of pool, leaving the knight to carry Marron home.

~*~

Milphey was strong and Marron didn't weigh that much, but that didn't mean the trip to the inn was easy. That, and that only, was the reason the mage ended up tucked safely into Milphey's bed instead of his own down the hall.

Tugging off the loose cheongsam, he pulled the sheets up and went to gather the others from their searches.

The night was far from over and held only more things to come.

~tbc?~