Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Be Strong For Me ❯ Eternity ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


Notes: From sap to angst in 2.3 sentences. I wrote this forever ago and wasn't going to post it because...well...I don't like it, but my friend, who fancies himself called Carrot's Koi ( I have no idea why) insisted that I dedicate a fic to him. And since I am quite unwilling to start a new project while in the middle of four major ones, he gets this and the general audience gets tortured once more.

Sap, angst, wild OOCness, and badness in general.
It's all for you Jared-sama!




Be Strong For Me


Gateau sat on the edge of the inn bed removing his gloves by the dim light of a small lamp. The year had been rough and the sorcerers were getting smarter. But tonight was different, and the weary expression had left his eyes if only for a moment. Today the Hunters had celebrated Marron's birthday. He had seen the mage smile for the first time in ages.

Unexpectedly a knock sounded from outside the room. Standing, he went to unlock and swing open the wooden door. There in the darkened hallway stood Marron starring pointedly at the floor.

"May I come in?" he asked in a voice much too unsure to be his own. Nothing added up and flexing didn't seem to be the answer, so Gateau simply stepped out of the way as his visitor entered and then returned to shut the door.

Turning around, he was surprised to meet with Marron, standing much closer to him than expected. Something felt off. Whether it was the fact that his obsession was in his room after dark, or that he was blushing, or just something deep within himself responding to the whispering call of destiny, Gateau wasn't sure.

"I need to talk to you," Marron said, his voice fighting to reach its normal tone.

""Go ahead." Gateau had no idea what else to say, his mind was much too busy keeping his body from pinning Marron to the nearby bed and ravishing him.

"I...Gateau, I..." scared golden eyes finally came up to meet his, they wavered, trying to stay strong and determined.

"Take your time."

"No, no more time. I've spent the last two years taking time!"

"Marron, its okay," the blond comforted with a hand placed on his shoulder.

"Gateau, I know how you feel about me, I have for along time. I just want to say how sorry I am for every time I pulled away from you, every time I turned my back on you, every time I said I didn't care. I thought about it, it seems like I've been thinking about it forever. I think," he took a deep breath, "I think I love you."

Time paused and hearts skipped a beat. Marron awaited judgment, he had laid his heart on his sleeve and feared it safety was it to face rejection. Gateau smiled. Gently he placed his hand against the other's pale cheek.

"Can I kiss you now?"

Marron whispered in return, "If you don't, I won't be able to stand it."

Their lips met for the first time, Gateau's games were at an end and Marron stopped having to cry at night.

~*~

Two months later Gateau was finally able to "ravish" Marron as he had wanted. Three months later Carrot found out and nearly had a heart attack, but once he came to everything worked out. A year later they were married, in a church and everything. Marron wore white.

Fifty precious years later, they were still together, living in a little cottage in Western Spooner.

On this day Marron, changed only by his waning weight and the silver in his hair, sat beside a bed. It seemed he had been sitting there forever and only the apocalypse would move him. Lying there was Gateau, changed so much it frightened his lover. It was a long time ago that he had gotten sick, but now, all was at an end.

Still they held hands and blue eyes sought out gold ones.

"I love you," a weak voice whispered.

"I have always loved you," he placed a hand on Gateau's cheek.

"Can I wait for you on the other side?"

"If you don't, I won't be able to stand it." There were tears in his voice but he refused to let them fall as he leaned over a placed a kiss on his love's cool lips. It would be their last, for as Gateau fell back to the pillow his eyes closed.

And there was silence.

~finis~

Eh...what can I say?

Review?

I'm Omni-potent Ruler of the Universe!

BWA-HA-HA!!