Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Bubble Trouble ❯ Bubble Trouble ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Notes from Subaru-san: Miko No Hoshi, while she refuses to admit it, does not own Sorcerer Hunters or any of the characters it contains. Mind the gaping plot holes, just step around them.

Warnings: Shounen Ai, OOCness, pointlessness


Bubble Trouble

Carrot cast one final look back at the pair behind him. It did little to ease his relatively simple mind. His innocent brother, naive of all the world's evil, standing next to that big oaf who was chewing a massive amount of gum like some brain deficient cow. Could he possibly leave that idiot without his supervision? No choice. Chocolate demanded he go with her to...uh, he couldn't remember exactly where. Anyway, he had to go, Tira refused to let them go without her, and Marron refused to go all together--

"Come on, Darling!" Chocolate literally dragged him along.

He yelled back, "Whatever you do Gateau, don't you dare pervert my little brother!" Warning issued he was promptly drug away to...wherever they were going.

Gateau blew a large bubble with his gum, turning to show Marron only to find him facing the other way. As he desperately tried to get the boy's attention, the bubble popped, right into Marron's hair.

"Gateau, what--" he turned, slowly touching his finger to his hair, starring as they came back pink and sticky.

"Geez Marron, I'm sorry," he sounded sincerely so. If it had been Carrot or even Chocolate he wouldn't have minded much, probably even laughed, but this was worse. Gateau knew, by way of talk-a-lot-when-I-drink Carrot, Marron secretly treasured his hair, sort of a last link to the departed Apricot.

Marron's lip trembled slightly as he stared at the substance on his fingers. Closing his eyes for a moment, he opened them a portrait of clam.

"It's okay, it was just an accident. I suppose it was time I cut it anyway. I'll be inside." Gateau watched the younger Glace brother walk away, seeing the hurt he was trying to hide

~*~

As Gateau entered the modest house where they were spending their hard-earned vacation he heard a low sound emanating from the far bedroom. Cracking the door minutely, he took in the strange seen before him. Marron was kneeling before the bed, head on the mattress muffling the sound. The glob of gum blared at Gateau from the weeping figure of his friend, in his hand was a shining pair of silver scissors.

Quietly he stepped inside the room. Leaning over, Gateau touched the distraught mage's shoulder. He was strange seeing Marron cry, he was always so stoic, apparently the eerie calm they accepted as his personality wasn't that at all. Marron looked up, seeing Gateau he wiped roughly at his teary eyes with his sleeve looking the for the world like a hurt little boy.

"Marron, look, I'm really sorry. Please don't cry. I'll... I'll make it right. Promise." Silently, Marron handed him the scissors. "No, we won't be needing these," he laid them aside. Turing Marron's head he ran his fingers through the black mass of hair. The huge piece of gum was stuck just above Marron's shoulder. To cut it would leave little of this treasure.

"How?"

"Um, well, remember when Chocolate got gum in Tira's hair when we were little?" His own mind worked to see the past solution.

"Yes. Tira cried, she used to cry alot," an almost smile.

"Yeh, but Apricot--"

"Mother," a whisper.

Gateau regretted dredging up the subject and hurriedly went on. "She put Tira in the bath and took it out real slow."

"It took a long time."

"Yeh, but the water kept the gum so it would come out." Determined now that they had a feasible plan, he hopped up.

There was a sound of running water in the distance. Marron sat on the floor, memories of his mother comforting a small Tira rushing through his mind. Apricot had been so kind to the girls, in his mind her memory was almost perfect. Onion had loved her with all his heart, now she was gone. Frequently his father reminded Marron how much he resembled his mother, telling him not to change, now there was little choice.

The gleaming scissors sat threateningly on the dresser where Gateau had placed them. The last resort, ultimately the only end this could come to. Standing, Marron stared into the mirror. The pink goo was embedded thoroughly in his hair. There was no way...

"Come on Marron," Gateau grabbed him, pushing towards the bathroom and surprising him badly by trying to undo his robes.

"Gateau!"

"Oh, sorry, sorry, just get in the water and I can get the gum out."

"What!?" His look was one of almost terror.

Gateau adopted what closely resembled the mother-knows-best glare, "Would you rather cut it?"

Debating a moment, Marron began to shyly undo his collar. Gateau turned away to prove to Marron, and himself, that he could be a perfect gentleman even while that gorgeous, oh-so-beautiful thing undressed...right...behind...him... NO! He would not look, he would not look. A splash of water released him from the internal debate as he gave in and turned.

Marron sat in the tub with his knees drawn up and his arms clasp around them. His jet hair floated to the surface, swaying like living tendrils. The paleness of his skin was even more evident with a larger amount exposed. His golden eyes were averted and an unusual faint blush covered his cheeks. Taking all this in Gateau was once again struck by the beauty that was his friend. How he'd love to--but now was not the time. Settling himself on the floor, Gateau started work on the mess he had made.

Needless to say, Marron was not happy. Being a very shy person by nature, this was verging on torture. Never before would he have ever considered placing himself willingly in this situation, especially with the person considered. Gateau's pursuit of him had been no secret, subtleness being a word lost to the muscle man, probably replaced by "Look at me!". It wasn't exactly that he didn't trust Gateau, no that wasn't it. The brawny hunter had always been there to protect him in any time of need, waiting till afterwards to flex and strut. Some might have considered the public displays forceful, but past the obvious attempts or occasional long stare he never ventured. No, Marron trusted Gateau. The person he didn't trust was himself.

As Gateau pulled apart his hair strand by strand, Marron really had a chance to examine his inner self. Did he care for Gateau? That was simple, a long ago admittance he had made. Yes, he did. So why didn't he just run to the highest mountain and yell it out for all the world to gear? Yeah, right, slight problem there. First, Gateau would most likely have a massive cardiac arrest. Seriously there were many objections, the most notable being named Carrot Glace. His brother had repeatedly stated the fact that severe punishment awaited Gateau if he found his innocent sibling perverted. Personally, Marron thought being a reserved "pervert" was better than displaying it before the world by chasing anything wearing a skirt. If Carrot ever truly found out about Marron's preferences he's...he'd...well it wouldn't be good.

A slight pull on his hair brought an involuntary, "Ow."

"Sorry--about all of this," Gateau's fingers worked softly with his hair.

Marron remained facing forward, "You can stop apologizing, I forgive you."

Gateau shoved his face directly in front of Marron's, "Really?"

"Yes, really."

"That's great!" He sounded relieved as he went back to the tedious task.

Marron smiled. Gateau really was sweet. He might hide it very well behind muscles and empty words, but when you got in deep there was a heart of gold. Sure Gateau liked him, but was it just a fascination, wanting exactly what he couldn't have? Maybe it was. The exaggerated come ons screamed yes, but there were other things. The soft touch of a hand, a secret smile, a look lasting just longer that it should. Each day Marron found himself watching for those looks, yearning for a touch. He knew he should not.

~*~

"All done," seemingly proud, Gateau displayed the removed substance then walked from the room.

Suddenly the small bathroom seemed very empty. Climbing from the tub, a shiver ran over Marron and produced goosebumps. He quickly dried off with a fluffy towel, catching a reflecting glimpse of his gum-free but tangled hair. It would be a chore to brush. Not one to delay the inevitable, he slipped back on his robes and walked to his room. There Marron found Gateau sitting.

Gesturing with the brush, Gateau positioned Marron to sit on the bed in front of him and began. Brushing was easy compared to gum removal, however, keeping is mind off of the fact that he was behind Marron...on the bed... Hurriedly, he pushed all those awful ideas, awfully wonderful, awfully tempting ideas...out of his head!

Enjoying the comforting strokes of the brush, Marron let his, considerably less hentai, mind wander. This was nice. Why didn't this happen more often? Gateau didn't seem to mind much, judging by the contented humming he didn't mind at all. So why? Why was he denied all this? Abruptly, considering it had not occurred in all his wakeful nights of debate, Marron came to a decision: Life is hard, and when one finds a small bit of comfort, a warm place in a cold world, they must grasp it and never let go.

~*~

"There," Gateau laid the brush aside, giving in to the small temptation to rum a hand over his work.

Marron stood, walking to the dresser he viewed the reflection with satisfaction. Picking up the hateful scissors he dropped them resolutely into the trash.

"Thank you," he spoke softly as he came to stand next to Gateau. Leaning down he placed a chaste kiss on the man's cheek before leaving him wide-eyed and quite stunned. Only two thoughts formed in Gateau's bliss fogged mind. He was in love with Marron Glace, and he wanted some gum.

~finis~

Notes: I know, cheezy, like the title. Sorry, the idea got stuck in my head and wouldn't come out. I tried to ignore it, honest, but the damn thing set up camp! Please take a moment to review and prevent the further spread of senseless sap.

Miko No Hoshi