Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Fair Breeze ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fair Breeze

-~-

A/N: Spoiler Alert! This is a spoiler for the 13th manga of Sorcerer Hunters. Don't read on if you have not read it. It also is different for those who did read the manga. So, in parts it is the same, but the end is very different from the ending.

Hikari-sama, this is for you!

Disclaimer: SH does not belong to me, you know!

-~-

I love you.

Even to forever, no matter how far away you are,

I love you.

***

Raindrops fell down on the grassy hill. A cross was pointed out of the top, decorated with roses. A lone figure stood staring at the gravesite, ignoring the rain that was beginning freeze his body. The grave was Zaha Torte's.

A traitor to Mama.

A killer of the innocent.

A savoir of the Sorcerer Hunters.

"You…didn't kill them." Carrot was still shocked that Zaha had not.

When Zaha appeared before them, Cool Mint was so sure he had won. After all, Zaha was under the Dark Lord's control. His very existence was because of Cool Mint's will.

"But…you fought it." He placed his hand onto the cross. "You chose death instead of killing them."

Carrot's own tears were mending with the rain. There was so much left unsaid. So much undone.

To everyone else, it seemed as everything had ended right. Mama and the Haz Knights had chosen to sleep forever. There was no more magic in the world. Chocolate and Tira were back to getting Carrot's affections-their special person. Gatesu and Marron found their special someone in each other. Even Daughter had found hers with Sirius.

Carrot felt empty. "But not me."

Sure, he could be with either Tira or Chocolate, but he did not wish to be. It would be too cruel if he was. Carrot knew he didn't love them. He couldn't love them. They weren't what he was looking for. It was only after meeting Zaha did Carrot know what he was looking for.

"It was you. I loved you." Carrot wasn't sure if Zaha knew it, but at least now he would. "I don't know why…but I loved you..."

Perhaps it was Zaha's unending drive for his goals. Perhaps it was his strong will to do what he believed to be right. Whatever the reason, Carrot found himself in love with Zaha. It had scared him. He didn't want to be gay. He didn't want to be attracted to another man. So, he decided it was just a phase and tried to get back to chasing pretty girls.

But it didn't work, he couldn't just give up the feeling he felt.

The rain was beginning to freeze his bones, but he didn't care. Nothing really mattered. His special person was dead.

"I don't think I can go on." Carrot lay down against the cross. "Not with you gone."

He allowed his eyes to close. Let everyone think what they want when they find my body. He wanted to be with Zaha. It was his only wish now.

"Is that really how you feel?" Carrot's eyes shot open. That voice!

Zaha stood before the half-frozen body of Carrot Glace. But that's impossible…Carrot chided himself. I must be closer to insanity than I thought.

"Well, Carrot?" Zaha's eyes bore into Carrot's.

"Yes." Why lie now? He was dying. It was the only logical answer.

"Then you should get out of the rain." His voice didn't change nor did Zaha's expression.

"Why?"

"You'll die." It was the truth.

"So?"

"I cannot let that happen." He pulled Carrot to him.

Warm! He's warm! Carrot turned his head to look into Zaha's eyes.

Not finding his answers by staring, Carrot finally asked. "Am I dead?"

"No." He picked Carrot up, moving away from the grave.

"I have to be dead."

"But you are not." Zaha's warmth began to stop the freezing of the rain.

"You…can't be here…"

"I thought so as well." He began to move down the hillside towards the village below. "But it seems you didn't want me to die."

His answer confused Carrot, as they always had. "I…don't understand."

"Your will is what brought me back." Zaha continued. "Like you did for Tira.[1]"

Carrot lifted his frozen hand to place it onto Zaha's face. Zaha flinched at the coldness, but did nothing else.

"You are real."

"Yes."

Carrot wrapped his arms around Zaha's neck-shocking the older man slightly.

"I…." He had so much to say, but could find no words.

Zaha merely kissed Carrot's blue-tinged lips, warming them slightly, but burning a fire in the soul of the boy.

"I know, Carrot. I know."

And he did. Carrot rationalized. After all, he was Zaha Torte.

A traitor to Mama.

A killer of the innocent.

A savior to the Sorcerer Hunters.

And the special one of Carrot.

-~-

Owari

[1] SPOILER! He brings Tira back to life after she had died. ^_^ It was really sweet.

I hope you enjoyed this Hikari-sama! ^_^ JA!