Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Loosing You ❯ Mille ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: This is short and sappy. Found it in my computer lying around and decided to finish it. Just a way to get over my recent obsession with WeiB Kreuz and start working on "Blood and Water" again. And maybe to see if someone out there really likes this pairing; because I don't really like them, I'm plain obsessed by them o.o

***

Marron was to be my last lover; my soulmate...instead he died in our bed one morning...

"Hey...Mil...wake up"

"Umm...what time is it?"

"About that time..."

"What; you want to make love now?"

"I'm sorry..."

"Do you want me to get someone?"

"Just hold me..."

I did...whispering love in his ear as his heart slowed down. I gave him one last kiss and then he died. I knew this would happen; but no matter how long I prepared myself for it, it wasn't enough. They say you don't know what you have until you've lost it. Gladly, I knew. Our time together had always been precious. But after the accident it was even more.

It should have been a routine assignment. Go, see what's wrong and then try to fix the problem. A town was dying; people were getting sick and nobody knew what it was. The locals had told us that strange rains had been falling for a few weeks now and that materials exposed to it where the ones making everyone sick. I told Marron to be extra careful after that. But there's not such thing as being too careful. It was an accident, a sharp rusty nail sticking out of one of the houses. A small scratch against his skin.

We tried to keep our hopes up the following weeks afterwards. But Marron kept getting more tired easily with each passing week; we all knew he had it. Whatever was killing these people little by little; he had it. And we couldn't cure it because we didn't know how.

The only relief I had was that the only way to get infected was by cutting yourself with one of the estrange town metals. That meant I could still touch him, hold him, make love to him.

I had to call someone, they needed to know…and yet for some reason I couldn't leave him. I wanted to be with him even if he was no longer here.

"Someone else from the town died today"

"Who?"

"Mishka"

"Mishka?!…But he only got hurt a month before me"

"I know…"

"Promise me something"

"Anything"

"When I'm gone…please don't follow me"

A single tear fell down my cheek, followed by another and another, until there was no stopping them. I cradled him in my arms taking in the last of his warmth, until there weren't tears to cry anymore. A presence surrounded me and I knew it was him; already watching me, already protecting over me. I would keep my word.

"I promise"

~End~