Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Sap That Doesn't Deserve A Title ❯ Please Refrain From Shooting the Miko ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


Disclaimer: Not mine, not mine, not mine!

Notes: All I can say is that I'm really, really sorry...

Warnings: Gross OOC-ness, over used plot, sap...dear gods the sap...





Sap That Doesn't Deserve a Title



The wedding was beautiful, full of bright flowers and happy songs. The couple exchanged vows and rings and the bride blushed when she was kissed by her new husband. Everyone was smiling as they walked back down the isle, Mr. and Mrs. Carrot Glace.

They held the reception at a small inn in the village. Tira tossed the bouquet and Chocolate caught it, probably due to the fact she threatened the competitors with her garrote. Carrot even made it through okay for the most part, his eyes too filled with joy to bother looking for women.

As everyone was seated, Marron raised his glass and made the toast, eloquent and deep enough to bring some to tears. Carrot had stood and embraced him and then everyone had clapped, causing him to blush. That Gateau found amusing and thought to comment so as the mage settled back into the seat next to him.

"Your cheeks are red," he poked a finger at Marron's nose, surprised as the other man ignored him to stare down at his lap. "You okay?"

"I'm fine Gateau," he replied, voice quiet and betraying nothing.

Though he was not perhaps the smartest of them, Gateau was not terribly stupid and when it came to Marron's moods he could be down right perceptive. Taking one of the pale hands in his own, he stroked the fingers gently.

"You know, I was thinking, maybe we should do this." His heart was instantly in his throat as golden eyes locked onto his. He wished he could choose words like his lover could, make it sound nice.

"This?"

"Yeah, get married." He lifted the hand to his lips to place a gently kiss on the palm as Marron stared at him a bit at a loss.

"Don't be silly Gateau, not...not with this," he shook his head as if clearing a delusion that had recently set up house there.

Gateau simply nodded, not wanting to say the wrong thing and having no idea what the right thing was. The food was soon served and then the cake. Tira served Carrot politely and he in return covered a good majority of her face in icing, but she was laughing. As they crossed their arms and drank from the long stemmed glasses Marron sighed uncharacteristicaly. There was a look in his eyes that told Gateau he was much to involved in this for it to simply to be happiness for his brother.

After the first dance, people made their way onto the floor. Chocolate captured Milphey and after a few glasses of wine Chiffon wasn't the least bit shy in offering a hand to Kahlua. When the music settled into a simple slow song, Gateau drew a reluctant Marron onto the floor. Both of them could dance quite well, though their skills were not called for as they swayed back and forth slowly under the now dim lights of the chandelier candles.

Shifting Marron to just his left arm, Gateau took something from his suit pocket. Lifting the small back box he flipped it open to reveal a simple gold band, a tasteful little diamond shining in the center. Marron stared as Gateau leaned close to whisper in his ear.

"I'm not being silly Marron. I've had this ring for nearly six months and I've wanted to give it to you so badly it hurt. I love you...so much and...and I want you to be with me, not just with me, but really, really with me," he sighed, frustrated at himself but determined to do it right. "Please, say you'll marry me."

"Yes."


~end~

Notes: Ack! Gomen nasai mina-san! I just met this great person and we're in the "Miaka" "Tamahome" "Miaka" "Tamahome", mushy phase of our relationship (Though I prefer to think of it as "Tasuki" "Chichiri" etc.) and its affecting my writing! Damn you Kayla for making me post this, I'll get you, ever see your precious Gateau in a dress, don't think I won't! To the rest of you: I promise I'll write something really angsty right now to make up for it. Once again, I am very sorry...

Her Supreme Omni-potence,
Miko No Hoshi