Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Tropicana ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Merely a week had passed since that day, but it had seemed like a ponderous eternity. We had all stayed at Carrot's demolished apartment to help clean it, pay for damages, and whatnot. None of this worried me, however, for the millions I made easily covered the costs. No money could equal the emotional experience I had endured, however, and this fact made me realize how very trivial money and wealth was. It did not solve all problems, and I knew that if I could withstand having my brother killed and then brought back to life without the convenience and general comfort of money, then it wasn't really all that significant. Taking this into consideration, I decided then and there, right on my brother's apartment, that I was going to retire.

"NANI?" My brother screamed at me when he discovered my job decision. "Marron-what are you thinking?" He shook his head violently back and forth. "No, no, no! Just think of all the chicks you can attract with all that mo!" He quickly began shaking me by the shoulders.

"Maybe Marron doesn't want to attract the chicks," Gateau said suddenly, from out of nowhere. He had a sly look on his face, and it appeared that he also had a sudden urge to flex.

"YOU!" My brother let go of my shoulders and pointed at Gateau. "Don't you dare try to corrupt my poor, innocent brother!" And he proceeded to shield me. I merely stepped around him.

"Niisan, I can take care of myself," I said, putting it gently. "All you should be worried about is your life." And I pointed to Tira, who stood alone in the lit kitchen, the sunlight making her hair shimmer. I smiled.

"What do you mean?" Niisan looked at me blankly. I slapped a hand to my face in exasperation. But my Niisan surprised me, for he went in the kitchen suddenly, and shut the door. I grinned. Perhaps my brother was finally growing up.

"Well, Marron, I would like to say goodbye," Chocolate appeared from the once demolished living room into the hall. I embraced her and helped her with her suitcase. "I have to get home to my Almond," she beamed. "I have something nice to tell him," and she patted her stomach lightly. Gateau and I congratulated her in a surprised fashion, but somehow..I had always known.

After Chocolate, it was my turn to leave back for good old Massachusetts. I said goodbye to my Niisan and Tira, who were in the kitchen drinking hot, steaming coffee. Tira had said she was going to stay for a while longer with Niisan, and this warmed my heart. I left promptly; with a good feeling all over.