Sorcerer Stabber Orphen Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Little Lies; Deep Little Secrets ❯ Maiden in White ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sweet Little Lies; Deep Little Secrets

Chapter 1: Maiden in White

By Sanzaki Kojika

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Orphen characters, but I do own the concept and any other characters that I add. This may include OOC; itÕs an AU yaoi fanfic... Please enjoy!

********************************************************* ************

It was a dark, stormy night and the dark form that loomed ahead was barely visible. Standing alone in that little valley was a castle, a castle unlike any other. On the iron gates, which guarded perched a dragon and two dragons of stone stood guard by the doors. Its three tall towers rose ominously into the moonless night and gave it the look of an old, haunted castle. One could call it haunted, but the dead did not haunt it; it was full of a dark life inside.

Inside there were many long halls that were lined with wooden doors in two of the towers. Most of the castle was quiet; it was past midnight and no moon had risen. In the tallest tower, the middle tower, it was full of halls, but the doors were arched and closely resembled classrooms, laboratories, and meeting halls. It was in one of these rooms that there were people a stir.

The room was almost bare; the only things in it were a long table, chairs, a fireplace, and a picture of a dragon that hung on the wall. People were seated at the table and a few younger children gathered around by the fireplace trying to get its heat.

ÒIt happened,Ó one man stated. He had long dark hair that hung down his back. His face was emotionless when he said this.

ÒSo what should we do?Ó another person said, this time it was a woman. She was young, but her tired and haggard face gave her the look of one older.

ÒThe council has yet to decide what they will do. We have to find her before they do,Ó the man replied.

ÒHow? We have no clues!Ó the woman explained.

The man rested his chin on his hands, ÒOh yes we do.Ó He glanced over at one of the young boys around the fire. The boy said nothing, but another looked up and wrapped an arm around him protectively.

ÒI will tell you more later. For now, go and get rest. This wonÕt be easy,Ó the man said as he rose from his seat. He slowly walked to the door and the others at the table followed suit.

ÒNe, what should we do?Ó the young boy looked down at his friend as he pulled his arm away.

ÒI donÕt know,Ó the other boy replied quietly. He hadnÕt liked the way the man had looked at him. He shivered slightly.

ÒLeave it to me,Ó another boy said with a slight smile, ÒIÕll figure something out. ThatÕs what seers do,Ó

Six years later, in a town far away from the castle, was a small town. This town was very odd for the only school it had was an all girlsÕ school. The males in the town had to go to a town four miles away to go to school, but no one seemed to care. Their life was easy and peaceful.

ÒRin-chan! Wake up!Ó a seventeen year-old blonde shouted as she ran into her sisterÕs room. When she got there she didnÕt find her sister. All she found was an ermine nestled in the sheets on the bed.

ÒRin-chan! Where are you?Ó the girl called again.

ÒI was making breakfast,Ó Rin replied as she entered the room. She sighed a little, ÒYou got up late again! I wonÕt always be here to watch over you.Ó

ÒI know, I know,Ó the girl stuck her tongue out.

ÒCreao! IÕm serious!Ó Rin said as she fixed her bed.

ÒHai,Ó Creao sighed and let it drop. She couldnÕt win against Rin.

ÒHavenÕt I told you not to come into my room without knocking?Ó Rin asked as she picked up the ermine from her bed. It nuzzled her cheek then jumped into RinÕs book bag.

ÒShould you really be taking him to school?Ó Creao said and motioned towards the ermine in an attempt to change the subject.

ÒDoesnÕt matter if they donÕt find out,Ó Rin stated with a slight smile. She picked her bag up and slung it over her shoulder.

ÒCome on, Creao,Ó Rin said as she hurried down the stairs, Òif you want to eat breakfast, eat it fast!Ó

Creao watched her leave then looked out the big glass window of RinÕs room. The room was high up in the old stone building that Creao and her family had made home years ago. Below the town was busy with the morning life: boys rushing off to school, girls walking slowly and laughing as they passed boys, parents scolding their children, people hurrying about to do their jobs, and young kids chasing stray dogs down the streets. This was her life, the only life she had known.

Creao had been born in this town and even today still lived with her mother Tistiny and her older sister Mariabella. Rin had joined the family after Creao; she was four years younger. There was only one school and Creao wasnÕt too bright so they had ended up in the same class. She smiled slightly and closed the curtains of the window before hurrying downstairs.

Creao was greeted at the bottom of the stairs by Mariabella, ÒGood morning, Creao.Ó

ÒOhayo, onee-chan!Ó Creao held her hand up and smiled. Mariabella went up the stairs and Creao rushed out into the kitchen.

ÔOhayo, Creao! It is about time you got up,Ó Tistiny greeted her with a smile. She was standing in front of the stove piling pancakes onto a plate for Creao. She had her daughter the plate and Creao sat down at the table next to Rin.

ÒOhayo, okaa-san!Ó Creao smiled as she sat down. She quickly began shoveling the pancakes into her mouth. In about five minutes she was finished and she rushed out the door after Rin.

ÒMatte, Rin-chan!Ó Creao cried out as she tried in earnest to catch up with Rin. Rin slowed down and soon they were walking side by side. They reached the school in about three minutes and headed to their classroom.

ÒOhayo!Ó Creao shouted as she opened the door. Some of the girls looked at her and smiled or waved. Rin closed the door as she followed Creao in.

ÒDid you do the homework last night?Ó a red head asked as Creao sat down.

ÒHomework?!Ó Creao gasped and slammed her fist down on the desk.

ÒCreao, I reminded you last night,Ó Rin stated as she sat down in the desk beside CreaoÕs.

ÒI didnÕt do it!Ó Creao cried.

ÒThatÕs all right! Sensei is very lenient!Ó the red head said with a smile. She took her seat in front of Creao.

ÒYouÕre right, Merodi,Ó Creao said as she laid her head down on the desk. Merodi giggled softly.

ÒGood morning, class,Ó their teacher said as she entered the room. She had short purple hair that hung just below her neck and evil eyes, but a soft smile on her face. Her name was Takeo Ryoko, and that was all anyone knew about her.

ÒI would like to introduce a new student,Ó Takeo-sensei said as the door opened and a girl stepped in. The girl was very tall and big built; she had the figure of a man. Her hair was dark and a red ribbon ran itself through her short hair. She looked to be about twenty.

The girl walked up to the board and wrote her name on it: ÒKirari Finrandi.Ó

ÒNice to meet you,Ó Kirari bowed her head slightly.

ÒPlease go seat behind the girl with long cloned hair, Creao Everlasting,Ó Takeo-sensei said as she motioned towards the empty desk behind Creao. Kirari nodded and sat down.

ÒFirst hour is study hall. It will began after I take attendance,Ó Takeo-sensei stated and she began reading off names from her list.

ÒNe, Rin-chan,Ó Creao was whispering to Rin. Rin looked over at her and motioned for her to continue.

ÒThat new girl...she looks like a guy...Ó Creao said so quietly that Rin could barely hear it. She sighed softly and her name was called.

ÒRin Everlasting.Ó

ÒHere.Ó

The list went on, but soon all the names had been called. Takeo-sensei left the room and a low murmur filled the class.

ÒSo, your name is Kirari, right? My name is Creao,Ó Creao was introducing herself to the new student. Kirari nodded her head slightly.

ÒThat over there is my sister Rin and that girl is my best friend Merodi,Ó Creao was going to end up telling everyoneÕs name in the class to Kirari. Rin gave her a look so she wouldnÕt confuse the new girl.

ÒSorry, I got carried away,Ó Creao rubbed the back of her head slightly.

ÒItÕs all right,Ó Kirari murmured. She had a deep voice, but it still sounded like a femaleÕs.

ÒYou should watch out. Creao can confuse even the smartest of people,Ó Merodi stated with a sly grin. Creao glared at her slightly.

ÒIÕll be right back,Ó Rin stated. She walked over to her desk and picked up her book bag. She opened it up and stuck something inside.

ÒI told you it wasnÕt a good idea,Ó Creao stated when she had returned.

ÒYou brought it to school again?Ó Merodi asked. Rin blushed slightly and Merodi and Creao both laughed.

ÒBrought what?Ó Kirari looked a little interested.

ÒYou promise to keep it secret?Ó Creao asked. Rin looked unsure and she clutched her bag against her chest.

ÒMaybe we shouldnÕt...Ó Rin trailed off. She was nervous when she became the center of attention.

ÒWhat harm can it do? Kirari, you can keep a secret, right?Ó Merodi asked as she cocked an eyebrow. Kirari nodded her head.

ÒOkay,Ó Creao grabbed the bag from Rin and opened it up just enough for Kirari to see inside. What she saw was an ermine,

ÒIsnÕt thatÉ?Ó Kirari was shocked.

ÒItÕs an ermine. Rin has had it since I can remember. I think she found it out in the woods,Ó Creao stated.

Kirari nodded slightly, but she knew it was a lie. Creao and the other girls probably didnÕt know that ermines could only be summoned by magic. At the Tower it was common knowledge even though no one had seen one before.

ÒCan I pet it?Ó Kirari asked weakly. Rin nodded her head slightly and Kirari petted its soft fur.

After a while Kirari pulled her hand back and Rin took back her bag. Rin put it back by her seat.

ÒRin has always loved keeping odd animals as pets. She once kept an artic fox. It was cute, but it didnÕt like me at all so it ran away,Ó Creao stated a bit annoyed.

The bell rang and everyone hurried back to a seat. Takeo-sensei walked back in, ÒToday we shall start with math.Ó

After school Kirari waited in the courtyard until the new gym teacher, Hart-sensei, and the new chemistry teacher, Laidam-sensei walked out.

ÒHartia! This isnÕt funny! Why do I have to pose as the student?Ó Kirari demanded to know. Her voice had dropped even lower. She now sounded like a guy.

ÒDonÕt worry, Kirirancero. ItÕs only for a little bit. Besides, you can recognize Azari better than any of us,Ó Hart-sensei, or Hartia, said with a laugh. He messed up Kirari, or KiriranceloÕs hair.

ÒDid you find anything out?Ó Hartia asked.

ÒNot anything about AzariÉbut I did meet a young girl with an ermine,Ó Kirirancero stated.

ÒAnd? Was she cute?Ó Hartia nudged Kirirancero hard in the ribs.

ÒWeÕre here for work, not to look for dates!Ó Kirirancero snapped.

ÒWell, EXCUSE me. I donÕt need a lover; I already have Rai,Ó Hartia wrapped his arms around Rai, or Laidam-sensei.

ÒWill you be serious!?Ó Kirirancero growled. Hartia gulped and nodded his head.

ÒAccording to the school record, Takeo Ryoko joined the school about six years ago. She has no known living relations,Ó Hartia stated.

ÒThere isnÕt much about her past education. All that is said is that she went to a high-class school. She seems to work part time as a councilor down in the town church. Students love her, but teachers hate her. She lives out of town in a forest and she never stays late. She always leaves before the sun sets. No one thinks that is odd though; they just think she has a long way to go home,Ó Rai added.

ÒDo you think you could get her exact address?Ó Kirirancero asked.

ÒIÕll try,Ó Rai responded.

ÒWhat are we going to do about boarding?Ó Kirirancero asked.

ÒRai and I get a free room because weÕre teachers. We set you up with another family,Ó Hartia laughed slightly.

ÒYouÕre kidding me, right?Ó

Kirirancero stood before the small wooden door and hesitated. Hartia didnÕt have any background information on this family; for all he knew they were werewolves. He held his hand up and slowly knocked on the door. It creaked open.

ÒOh, hello! You must be the student thatÕs staying with us! My name is Mariabella,Ó Mariabella smiled as she answered the door.

ÒMy name is Kirari,Ó Kirirancero stuttered.

ÒPleased to meet you! Please come inside; dinner is just about ready,Ó Mariabella held the door open for Kirirancero and he stepped inside. She led him into the kitchen where Tistiny and Creao sat at the table sewing and Rin stood by the stove cooking.

ÒNo, Creao! You stitch it behindÉÓ Tistiny was teaching Creao how to sew. Creao got frustrated and threw the needle down.

ÒI canÕt do it! Why donÕt you teach Rin to sew?Ó Creao growled.

ÒRin already knows how to sew,Ó Tistiny said with a warm smile. Creao folded her arms across her chest and glared.

ÒExcuse me, everyone, our guest has arrived. Kirari will be staying with us for a while,Ó Mariabella said with a smile. Kirirancero bowed his head slightly.

ÒOh? ItÕs Kirari,Ó Creao stated blinking. She smiled slightly and shook KiriranceroÕs hand. ÒGood to have you with us!Ó

ÒWelcome,Ó Rin said with a smile. Kirirancero almost blushed. What Hartia had said was going to his head; he might have been right. But why now of all times? He had AzariÉ

ÒPlease sit down, dinner is just about to be served,Ó Rin stated. She picked the pot up the stove and set it down on the table. Mariabella took a set next to her mother and Kirirancero took a sit on the other side of Creao. Rin sat down next to him.

ÒPlease hand me your plates,Ó Rin said. Everyone did so and she scooped some stew onto it and two biscuits. After she had served them all she served herself.

ÒHow do you like it?Ó Rin asked Kirirancero. He nodded his head.

ÒIÕm glad,Ó Rin said with a smile. Kirirancero turned away with a blush. Mariabella blinked at him for a moment then smiled. Creao ignored them.

After they finished eating Rin was about to do the dishes, but Mariabella stopped her, ÒWill you show Kirari to your room? SheÕll be staying with you.Ó

Rin nodded her head and started up the stairs. She motioned for Kirirancero to follow and he did.

ÒYou will be sleeping in here,Ó Rin stated as she opened the door to her room. It was pretty bare besides a bed, a photon on the floor, and a dresser with a chair. There was a big window that opened up to the street and it was covered with a long, flowing curtain. RinÕs ermine was curled up on the photon.

ÒThe bed will be yours,Ó Rin stated. She showed gave Kirirancero a drawer and he unpacked his few things.

ÒIf you need to take a bath, it is behind that door,Ó Rin pointed to a door in at the far end of the room.

ÒThank you,Ó Kirirancero bowed his head.

ÒDonÕt worry! Now please, go and relax,Ó Rin smiled. Kirirancero blushed and nodded. He walked into the little room that only included a bathtub.

Kirirancero pulled his shirt over his head and threw it on the floor. He pulled his pants off and threw them on top of his shirt. Soon he had stripped down to nothing but his underwear. He started the water up.

ÒExcuse me, I forgot to give you a towelÉÓ Rin stuttered as she opened the door. ÒYouÕre aÉÓ

Kirirancero and Rin just stared at each other for a moment.

ÒSorry!Ó Rin thrust the towel towards him and quickly hurried from the bathroom.

ÒOh greatÉÓ Kirirancero sighed as he stepped into the water after discarding his final piece of clothing. He sunk back into the water and closed his eyes. ÒWhat am I going to tell HartiaÉ?Ó

ÒWhat are you going to tell him?Ó Rai asked. Kirirancero jumped a little.

ÒWhat are you doing here?Ó Kirirancero asked.

ÒI found where Takeo Ryoko lives.Ó

********************************************************* *************

Author Notes:

Okay, just in case anyone of you people is confused let me give you some notes. I used their Japanese names. OrphenÕs real name is Kirirancero Finrandi. Creao is Creao Everlasting and she has an older sister Mariabella and a mother named Tistiny. Rai is a seer and he, Hartia, and Orphen used to be very good friends at the Tower of Fangs. The Tower of Fangs does not exist in this world. Reki is a deep forest dragon cub despite his appearances. Ermines are a type of weasel that are used for their beautiful fur. They are brown or gray in the summer and come winter they turn white with a black tip on their tail. They are small, have long necks, and long bodies. In this certain story they will always have their winter coats. If youÕre curious to know more about them I can fill you in and even send you a really cute pic of one. E-mail me for any other questions you might have at KojikaSaznaki@yahoo.com or check out my website at http://www.angelfire.com/anime4/kojika for more information on the Orphen series. I would just like to state now that Majic is in this; heÕs my favorite character after all and as stated earlier this is a yaoi fic. I have a tendency to go into Japanese in my writings so if you have any questions feel free to ask and get them answered. In case you hadnÕt realized by now what the chapter title meant it was referring to Rin: sheÕs a maiden with a white ermine. SheÕs not literally wearing white all the time though she may wear it in the future (wedding bells hee hee). And for the beginning, in case you didnÕt get it, it starts with Childman and Letita talking. Childman is AzariÕs, HartiaÕs, KomikuronÕs, OrphenÕs, RaiÕs, and etc sensei. By the way sensei means teacher. Letita is an old friend of AzariÕs. When they were young they enjoyed teasing Orphen, Hartia, Rai, and Komikuron. Why isnÕt Komikuron in here? Two reasons: I know almost nothing about him and he died at the age of 22ÉI think those are very good reasons. Explanation of the chosen nicknames for the characters: KirariÉI just changed some of the letters around in Kirirancero and cut the rest, HartÉjust dropped the ending, and LaidamÉRai is pronounced ÒLaiÓ and I just added a weird ending. Thank you for bearing with me through this long and boring explanationÉdid you learn anything new?