Sorcerer Stabber Orphen Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Little Lies; Deep Little Secrets ❯ Maiden of the Dragon ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sweet Little Lies; Deep Little Secrets

Chapter 2: Maiden of the Dragon

By Sanzaki Kojika

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Orphen characters, but I do own the concept and any other characters that I add. This may include OOC; itÕs an AU yaoi fanfic... Please enjoy!

********************************************************* ************

ÒWhere is she?Ó Kirirancero narrowed his eyes. RaiÕs reflection shrugged his shoulders slightly.

ÒSomewhere near this town is a forestÉI couldnÕt get itÕs exact location, but IÕm sure you could ask someone youÕre living with to help,Ó Rai replied.

ÒOhÉabout thatÉÓ

Kirirancero stepped out of the bathroom and looked around. Rin was nowhere in sight. He sighed softly and made his way to the door.

ÒWhere are you going?Ó Rin asked. He turned around to see her sitting on the photon. She folded her arms across her chest.

ÒYo...Ó was the only thing Kirirancero could think to say.

ÒDonÕt you ÔyoÕ me! ItÕs almost dark and youÕre thinking of going somewhere arenÕt you?Ó Rin stood up and walked before him. She glared slightly.

ÒSorry...Ó Kirirancero gulped. Rin laughed slightly.

ÒIÕll forgive you if you take me with you,Ó Rin stated. Kirirancero looked down at her.

ÒI canÕt...Ó Kirirancero stuttered.

ÒYou better! Or else IÕll tell everyone youÕre a man!Ó Rin threatened. Kirirancero sighed. He had to follow what Rai had said.

ÒFine. LetÕs go,Ó Kirirancero hurried out of the room with Rin on his tail. They snuck out of the back door and headed out.

ÒDo you know where the Forest of the Deep Dragon is?Ó Kirirancero asked Rin when they were a distance away from the house.

ÒDeep Dragon? There is a legend here about a protector in the Dragonia Forest of Deep, but no mention of a Deep Dragon,Ó Rin replied.

ÒThatÕs fine. Where is the forest?Ó Kirirancero asked.

ÒRight there,Ó Rin pointed to a forest in the distance. It would take them all night to get thereÉunless he used magic. HadnÕt Childman warned him against it though? He didnÕt care. He just wanted to find Azari.

ÒHold on to me,Ó Kirirancero commanded. Rin was about to question him, but he just grabbed her against him. ÒKanatai!Ó he shouted and they disappeared.

ÒWhat the...?Ó he heard Rin mutter as they landed on the edge of the forest. He released her and she stumbled forward.

ÒThat was magicÉÓ Rin stated to herself. A small grin spread across her face. ÒIt was so coolÉÓ

ÒLetÕs go. I have to hurry and meet someone,Ó Kirirancero urged her forward. She nodded and started ahead. They walked for a little bit and soon they were lost.

ÒDammit!Ó Kirirancero cried out. He wanted to see Azari! He wanted to get her back. He slumped down on a stump. No use worrying about it. He had to think it through.

ÒAnoÉÓ Rin muttered. He looked up at her.

ÔWhat?Ó he snapped.

ÒSomeone is comingÉÓ Rin stated and sure enough she was right.

ÒKirirancero!Ó Hartia came running out of the woods. ÒWe are so lost!Ó Rai followed him out.

ÒWhoÕs this?Ó Hartia gasped when he saw Rin. Rin looked down at the ground.

ÒRin Everlasting, owner of the ermine. Rai, I explained everything to you so you fill in Hartia on it later,Ó Kirirancero replied.

ÒWe need to talk in private, so make her go away for a minute!Ó Hartia growled.

ÒMiss Rin, will you please excuse us for a moment?Ó Rai asked as he bowed his head. Rin nodded her head slightly and walked away.

ÒDonÕt go too far!Ó Kirirancero ordered.

ÒJust make sure you canÕt hear us!Ó Hartia added.

Rin walked until she has far enough from them. She sat down on a log and rested her chin on the palms of her hands.

ÒWell, well. What do we have here?Ó Rin looked up to see a group of stocky men standing before her. She stood up and backed up against the tree behind her.

ÒDonÕt be afraid, little one. We wonÕt hurt you,Ó one of the men said as he beckoned her.

ÒWe just want to have a little fun,Ó another one said. He grinned evilly and approached. He put his hand on her shoulder and she pulled away.

ÒCome here,Ó he said louder. He grabbed her and slammed her against the tree. She bit down on his arm.

ÒYou little bitch!Ó the man howled and pulled away. Another man pulled a gun from its holster. He pulled the trigger.

Rin gasped in pain as the bullet struck her in the shoulder. Her world became dizzy and was soon enveloped in darkness.

ÒAnd thatÕs the story!Ó Kirirancero pleaded with Hartia. Hartia sighed and nodded his head slightly. All three of their heads shot up when they heard a bullet.

ÒIs it hunting season?Ó Hartia asked as he cocked his head to the side.

ÒNo,Ó Rai replied. He wrinkled his brow in deep thought.

ÒThenÉÓ Kirirancero didnÕt even finish his sentence. He broke off through the woods in a run. ÒRin!Ó

Kirirancero stopped when he reached a log covered in blood. He stared blankly at it. ÒRinÉÓ

ÒKirirancero!Ó Hartia and Rai came running up behind him.

ÒThey got her,Ó Kirirancero choked on his words. For some reason this bothered him. Why? He dropped onto his knees.

ÒThe real question is why would they want her?Ó Rai commented.

Rin slowly opened her eyes to see a dark gray ceiling. Her left shoulder was throbbing and the blood had soaked through her shirt. She winced slightly and a tear dropped from her cheek.

ÒAre you alright?Ó a voice asked. Rin sat up quickly to see a young girl standing on the other side of the bars.

ÒIÕm fine,Ó Rin lied. She winced and gripped her shoulder.

ÒWait here a second,Ó the girl stated. She ran out of the room and a moment later appeared with bandages and a wet cloth in her arms.

ÒIÕm coming in,Ó the girl said. She took the key from her pocket and opened the door. She slipped inside and knelt beside Rin.

ÒMy name is Fiena,Ó the girl stated as she ripped the sleeve off of RinÕs wounded arm. She cleaned it and slowly began her work.

ÒMy name is Rin,Ó Rin stuttered. When Fiena was finished, Fiena handed her a new shirt.

ÒPut this on. IÕll be right back,Ó Fiena stated. She stood up and hurried from the cell and room. Rin slipped the old shirt off and the new shirt on and Fiena reappeared carrying a tray of food.

ÒHere! Eat this,Ó Fiena said with a smile. She handed the tray to Rin.

ÒThank you,Ó Rin said. She picked up the fork and began to eat. Fiena watched her and took the tray back when she was done.

ÒFiena!Ó a voice called from above.

ÒComing!Ó Fiena called back. She turned to Rin. ÒI have to go. See you later. Please rest well.Ó

Rin watched her go and sighed. She was alone, and worst of all, she had let Kirirancero down. She pulled her knees to her and buried her face in them and began to cry quietly.

ÒItÕs a villageÉÓ Kirirancero was shocked. What would a village be doing out in the middle of nowhere?

ÒGreetings, travelers,Ó a cloaked girl said. She bowed her head. ÒWelcome to the Village of Reki.Ó

ÒReki? ThatÕs an odd name,Ó Hartia stated thoughtfully. He rubbed his chin slightly.

ÒIt is named for the dragon,Ó the girl stated.

ÒThe dragon!?Ó Kirirancero gasped.

ÒYes, the Deep Forest Dragon.Ó

Hartia, Rai, and Kirirancero all looked at one another. They had found what they were looking for.

Rin stirred awake at the sound of keys jingling. She sat up and fell forward when a sudden pain jolted though her arm.

ÒBe still, IÕm going to get you out of here,Ó Fiena whispered from the shadows. She opened the cell door and helped Rin to her feet. She closed the cell door quietly and headed up the stairs.

They soon reached the top of the stairs and the door creaked open. They slipped out into the cool darkness of the night. They rushed forward stumbling and soon were away from the dark shadow of the prison.

They slipped through the night and past the village gates. They stopped before a great tower. Fiena opened the door and they began to ascend to the top.

When they reached the room at the top Rin sat down on the bed.

ÒHow did you get here?Ó Fiena asked. Rin looked up at her.

ÒI came with a friendÉÓ the words sounded weird coming out of RinÕs mouth. Was Kirirancero a friend? He had lied to her after all. Of course, she hadnÕt let him know the whole truth eitherÉ

ÒIÕll help you find him. What does he look like?Ó Fiena asked.

Rin thought for a second and gave the best description she could. She was sure not to leave out his dragon pendant.

ÒDragon pendant?Ó I saw three men with necklaces like that earlier. They were looking for the Deep Forest Dragon,Ó Fiena stated. Rin looked down at the ground.

ÒA souÉÓ Rin mumbled. Kirirancero didnÕt even care about herÉ they really werenÕt friends.

ÒDonÕt worry. I can get myself back,Ó Rin suddenly stated. She didnÕt want to be a bother. She could handle herself. She wasnÕt weak.

ÒSou ka,Ó Fiena replied. They sat quietly for a moment.

ÒYou can stay here and rest for a while. I have to return to my house. Please stay safe and rest!Ó Fiend bowed her head and hurried down the stairs before Rin could reply. Rin sighed after she left.

Rin stared down at her feet. She couldnÕt stay here; she had to find Kirirancero. She stood up, her legs trembling beneath her, and shook her head. She didnÕt need his help; she just wanted to know if he was all right.

Rin fell against the wall and winced in pain. Her arm was throbbing and the blood from her wound was starting to soak through. She tore a piece of the sheet off and changed the bandage on her wound before she headed down the long staircase.

Rin stumbled down the stairs and out into the cold night. She shivered and held herself for warmth.

ÒThere you are!Ó Rin turned around to see one of her captors standing there with a smirk on his face. ÒYou should have stayed put, little missy. Now I can hurt you and get away with it.Ó

The man grabbed Rin by her shoulder and she cried out. She tried to pull away but the manÕs grip was too strong. He pulled Rin along and threw her down into the mud.

ÒBehave, you little bitch!Ó the man growled. He thrust his foot hard into RinÕs back and kicked down the little hill. She rolled down and stopped when she collided with an old tree stump.

ÒIÕll show you what you get for making fun of me!Ó the man screamed and he slid down the slope after her. Rin closed her eyes, expected to feel pain, but nothing happened. She opened them to see a little blue wolf standing before her.

ÒOh noÉÓ the man backed up slowly at first then broke into a run, screaming as he fled,

Rin slowly sat up and leaned against the stump. The wolf came and sat in her lap.

ÒThat sure was lucky, ne?Ó Rin looked down at the wolf cub. It meowed slightly and rubbed up against her arm.

ÒYouÕre not a wolf, are you?Ó Rin looked down at the animal. It cocked its head to one side and meowed.

ÒWhatÕs your name?Ó Rin asked the animal and it meowed. Rin scooped it up in her arms and slowly stood up. She stumbled slightly and leaned up against another tree.

ÒIÕm fine,Ó Rin forced a smile as she glanced down at the animal in her arms. It meowed worriedly. She straightened up and staggered up the hill using a vine and grass as a support.

ÒItai...Ó Rin groaned as she fell to the ground with a thud. Blood starting leaking through her bandage again. She climbed to her feet and staggered along. She started to feel dizzy and tripped again.

ÒIÕve got to make itÉÓ

ÒAnoÉÓ Kirirancero glanced up at the girl standing before him. He nodded his head slightly.

ÒDo you know a girl named Rin?Ó the girl asked quietly. Kirirancero jumped to his feet.

ÒWhereÕs Rin!? Is she safe?Ó Kirirancero asked.

ÔShe got wounded, but sheÕll be fine with proper medical care. I left her in the Tower of the Deep Forest Dragon.Ó

ÒWhere is it?Ó

ÒItÕs just out of town,Ó the girl pointed towards the tower rising above the lines of houses.

ÒArigatou!Ó Kirirancero ran off.

ÒMatteÉÓ the girl called after him quietly, but he moved to fast. She sighed slightly.

ÒIs there anything else you wanted to say?Ó Rai asked as he came up behind her.

ÒUnÉÓ

ÒRin!Ó Kirirancero threw open the doors and ran up the stairs. When he got to the little room at the top he didnÕt see anything besides a bed, some blood, and a torn bed sheet.

ÒRinÉÓ Kirirancero knelt down and picked RinÕs ribbon and gripped it tightly in his fist. He turned and ran down the stairs.

ÒMy name is Fiena; I am the priestess of the Deep Forest Dragon and its child, Reki,Ó Fiena explained to Rai and Hartia.

ÒI seeÉso the Deep Forest DragonÉit isnÕt Azari is it?Ó Hartia glanced at Rai and he nodded his head.

ÒAzari hasnÕt been a dragon long enough to produce an offspring, besides I donÕt think she could or would,Ó Rai stated.

ÒDo you have any idea who took Rin?Ó Rai asked after a moment.

ÒUnÉIt was some of the townspeopleÉthey donÕt get to see women too often and they always capture intruders.Ó

ÒDid she intrude?Ó

ÒShe was in the vicinity of RekiÕs resting place. She got off easy, but that doesnÕt mean she wonÕt be in more danger.Ó

ÒOi! WhereÕs Rin!?Ó Kirirancero snapped as he stomped up.

ÒWhat do you mean? I left here thereÉÓ Fiena started, but then she gasped. ÒMaybe they got her again!Ó

ÒWho?Ó Kirirancero snapped.

ÒIÕll explain later. ItÕs best if we just go and try to find her,Ó Rai replied. Fiena nodded slightly and started off towards the forest. Rai followed and Hartia and Kirirancero ran to catch up.

ÒWhere are we going?Ó Rai asked.

ÒTo Reki,Ó Fiena stated quietly. Rai nodded and they continued along for a moment in silence.

ÒEiow!Ó Fiena stopped when she heard the meow. ÒWas thatÉ?Ó

ÒWhat is it?Ó Kirirancero asked.

ÒThat sounded like RekiÉÓ Fiena replied. They heard the meow again, but this time closer.

ÒIÕm fine. Just stay still, okay?Ó the heard a voice. There was some rustling in the bushes and a hand grabbed the ground.

ÒWeÕre almost thereÉÓ the hand lost its grip and Hartia grabbed it. With a hard pull he pulled Rin out from the little ditch.

ÒRin!?Ó Kirirancero and Fiena both shouted at the same time. She looked up and smiled slightly.

ÒHiÉÓ Rin stumbled forward and collapsed.

ÒRin!Ó Kirirancero rushed over to Rin and picked her body up in his arms. She didnÕt move, but her chest still rose and fell. The little animal squirmed up from out of her shirt.

ÒIt is Reki!Ó Fiena gasped. The little blue animal cocked its head at her and meowed.

ÒThe Deep Forest Dragon?Ó Rai said questioningly. Fiena nodded he head slightly.

ÒSo is this the dragon that led us hereÉÓ Kirirancero glanced down at Reki. Reki meowed and wagged his tail. He ruffled the fur on his head.

ÒNo AzariÉÓ Kirirancero sighed.

ÒIf youÕre looking for a dragonÉthere are rumors of a dragon in an area near hear. Many of the forest animals have fled from that part of the forest,Ó Fiena stated quietly. She folded her hands together.

ÒKirirancero, we will go check it out tomorrow. For the time being let us rest and heal RinÕs wounds,Ó Rai stated and placed his hand on KiriranceroÕs shoulder.

ÒYeahÉÓ Kirirancero nodded slightly.

ÒWhere should we go?Ó Hartia asked.

ÒYou can use the tower Rin was in earlier. IÕll come and see you in the morning, but now I must run,Ó Fiena bowed her head and hurried off into the woods.

ÒWeird girl,Ó Hartia stated then turned to the others, ÒShall we go to this tower? Kirirancero! Lead the way!Ó

ÒYeah,Ó Kirirancero turned and started back down the path the way they came.

Fiena peeked her head out of the forest and made sure the way was clear. Then she crept out and down the path back into the village.

ÒWare wa iyasu, shayou no shoukon!Ó Kirirancero chanted and a glow came over his hands and RinÕs shoulder. The glow subsided and RinÕs wound was healed.

ÒWhat now?Ó Kirirancero asked. He glanced over at Rai who was staring out the window at the sky.

ÒWell, we need to wait for Rin to recover, then we can move on. I guess,Ó Rai stated. He moved away from the window and sat down beside Hartia on one of the two beds.

ÒHaiÉÓ Kirirancero sighed and glanced down at Rin. She was sleeping softly and Reki was curled up by her head. He brushed a strand of stray hair away from her face.

ÒMaybe it will be alrightÉÓ

Somewhere not far off Fiena crept into the temple of the Deep Forest Dragon. She knelt before a stone dragon.

ÒI have found themÉAzariÉÓ

**********************************************************************

AUTHOR NOTES: Okay time for another author notes section, this time hopefully it wonÕt be as long as the last time. First let me explain something about the title. Obviously maiden of the dragon is referring to Fiena who is the priestess of the deep forest dragon in the series. This story line roughly follows that of the episodes with Fiena and Reki in it minus the romance between Majic and Fiena. At this point that would be just wrong! Hee hee. Reki is actually not a wolf, or cat, or dog he is actually the child of the Deep Forest Dragon hence why it follows in here. Um..the actual name of the town changed. ^_^;; As far some of the spells he uses ÒKanataiÓ is one of hartiaÕs/childmanÕs spells and itÕs a teleportation spellÉÓware wa iyasu, shayou no shoukonÓ is a healing spell used by Orphen and Majic. For more Orphen information check out my website: http://www.angelfire.com/anime4/kojika it has a lot of stuff I may have left outÉ. Fiena isnÕt usually this spaced out. ^_^;; If you have any other questions please feel free to e-mail me and IÕll try to answer them. What ever happened to Creao? Why donÕt you just wait till the next chapter and find out.