Spider Riders Fan Fiction ❯ Alone ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Spider Riders. It belongs to a combination of Bee Train, Koichi Mashimo, Yosuke Kuroda, Cookie Jar, Tedd Anasti, Stephen D. Sullivan, Funimation, Teletoon and probably others.
AN: Just a random idea. Takes place after episode 31. I didn't like the episode much upon first view, (except for a certain scene) but rectification by fanfiction is always fun.
Alone
All of a sudden, she was gone. It was never supposed to happen this way, His Aqune, his precious human girl, was sucked away from his before his eyes, Buguese stood there, not knowing what to do, what to think.
He looked back at what happened. He had come to take her back, as usual. He had been prepared to use force if necessary. As much as he wanted Hunter dead, this wasn't his most desired option though. He had hoped Aqune would return to him willingly. She belonged to him. That girl was all that he had, all that the Oracle had not snatched away. And still, it hadn't. This time, the one at fault was Hunter Steele. Aqune went to his side… but why?
It didn't matter. Hunter was his enemy and Buguese hated him with a passion, despised him most of all. Now the human boy would simply be even more detestable. Hunter would have to die, he'd be the one to make the kill. Then, Aqune would be his again and nobody else would get in the way.
Why, then, was it Hunter who went in after Aqune, Hunter who would continue to stay with her? This certainly could not be excused. Aqune had disappeared, she could be in danger and only Hunter Steele would be able to save her. So inexcusable indeed.
That was the story, which replayed in Buguese's mind. It was real, it was unchangeable… it was wrong! He needed his Aqune now, needed to know if she was safe. The reality, to Buguese, was that as long as she was with Hunter, she would not be safe. He was the only one allowed to protect her. He would never trust anyone with her, but especially not Hunter.
With all this, Buguese was deeply bothered. Even the thought of Hunter as a corpse could not cure him. If he could find Aqune again (and of course he would) if he could kill Hunter (that, too, he was sure he would accomplish,) he could still only wonder if Aqune would return to him. She had to! She owed everything to him. Besides, she was always there. That, to Buguese, was order. Taking this order away was a crime that he would not allow. Above all though, Aqune was his love. For that reason alone, she had to return to him.
But still, what if she didn't? No matter what, that thought could not escape him. What if she became his enemy? Would he see her in the light that he saw any ordinary human? Would he come to despise her too in the way he did with Hunter and the Oracle? No, never! It would just build his hatred even more toward the Spider Riders, especially that worthless, pitiful Hunter Steele.
“My Aqune,” Buguese thought to himself. “My dear Aqune…” He liked the sound of those words. They were truth. Aqune was rightfully his, not Hunter's. “Hunter Steele is foolish to believe that he has won,” he continued. “Until I can rescue Aqune from him, I'll allow him to continue thinking such. Then, when I finish him, it will be all the more satisfying. Aqune, I wonder, while you are by his side does it satisfy you, or do you still feel lost and alone? Regardless of your answer, which I may never know, I'm certain that Hunter Steele can never do for you what I can. Curse you, Hunter Steele! Surely, your end is near!”
Buguese was finished with standing around in shock. There was no way to deny the fact that the worst was happening. However, it could be repaired. He would continue on until he reclaimed Aqune and defeated Hunter. However, until then he would be without his most important thing. He would be the one that was alone.