Spiderman Fan Fiction ❯ Mission: Save the World ❯ Preparation ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
1

I had gone back in time. Back before Spiderman was Spiderman. When he was just Peter Parker. A normal high school student.

I went back in time in a time machine. I don’t know who made it or why it is there. But I was walking down the street coming from school when I noticed a big shed type of building.

The door was open a crack, so I took a look inside. It was dark except for some light filtering in through the dirty windows.

That’s when I saw it. A weird sort of shape near the back. I decided to walk over and see what it was. An oval-ish egg shape with antennae coming out the top and wires out the bottom that were attached to a control panel. The panel was covered with dust. I found a old rag in a box and wiped it off. Underneath were hundreds of knobs, buttons and display screens.

Every day after school I came back. I found some scraps of paper explaining that the oval contraption was a time machine, how it was made and some basic steps on how to run it. I played around with the buttons and knobs until I figured out how to work it. Once I was sure of myself, I tried it out on some objects with much success.

It could take things to the present and future and even put them in particular places. And if you didn’t know the exact date, you could reference off of an event: when someone was born or an important event happened.

After a lot of thought, I decided where I wanted to travel in it. The morning before, I packed my backpack with everything it could hold, including money, food, and a travel watch, so as to return back to my time.

After school on the departure date, I put all my school supplies in my locker and left for the shed as soon as possible. Checking to make sure no one was watching, I slipped into the building. I walked over to the control panel and quickly typed in my destination. I pressed the green button on my watch and stepped inside.

The clear door closed as the machine hummed to life. It whirred rapidly and a bolt of electricity passed from one antennae to another before the room blurred and I left the shed behind.