Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ 50/50 ❯ nightmare ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
50/50

PROLOGUE

I stood watching as the five year old boy was insulted relentlessly by the others. "disgusting half breed," they called him. his mother was the only human in the spirit world, and his father was the owner of the bathhouse. I wanted more than anything else to tell the other children to shut up, but I knew that they could not see me, or hear me. In reality, I wasn't there, but I was, and I was there for a reason. I began viewing my surroundings, wondering what I had missed, then I noticed a rustling in the bushes behind the boy, who was now staring the other children down, hatred burning in his eyes. I walked closer to the bushes, realizing that someone was watching the boy, who was now attempting to attack the other children. as the fight escalated, the girl crawled out of the bush, got up onto her bare feet, spared the boy, who was on the ground, bleeding everywhere, a last look with her scared deep blue eyes, and ran for help, her full-body-length black hair billowing behind her in the wind. I stood there in silence for a brief moment, as the boy lay crying on the ground while the others laughed. then I was hit full-force by a wave of realization as I breathed, "Sen," which was the girl's name. having finally realized what I was supposed to, I awoke from my dream with a start, shaking with anger which was directed at myself, and fell to pieces again after having watched my 5-year old self be beaten into a pulp yet again by those children. I quickly dried my tears, though, as I realized it was well after sunrise and that my father was expecting me at the bath house. being the 13-year old prodigal son of the respected Chihiro and the prestigious Kohaku, and assistant manager of the bath house he owned, I had many important tasks to do, which were probably piling up. panicing, I dressed into my work uniform at top speed, pulling my waist-length white hair into a ponytail, and taking a look in the mirror to find my cold, grey eyes staring back at me. I noticed the dark circles under my eyes building yet again, due to the dream I had just had, as it had been occuring for the past two months, and the lack of sleep was beginning to affect me. "get it together, Orphen," I told myself as I straightened out the major creases in my uniform. I took one last look in the mirror, then walked out to the balcony of our home, jumped off the balcony, and flew off (yes, flew) towards the bath house.