Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ About A Girl ❯ More Surprises? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
sound of rushing water broke the stillness of the breeze. Ahead of them a pile of rocks gleamed silver grey, lapping over them was a beautiful stream which to Chihiro looked like it had lost it’s beauty a long time ago she got a saddened feeling looking at it’s dull serenity. Strangely she felt connected to it, until her mum broke into her sullen thoughts.
“Chihiro, isn’t it breathtaking! Oh we should’ve brought our lunch with us, we could’ve had a picnic.”
Her father was already stepping the rocks and bounding over the hill where he stood sniffing the air eagerly.
“Hmmm! My belly has detected the rich and unforgettable aroma of food!” He announced ridiculously happy.
“Oh Gods, Is that all you guys think about? Besides you said it yourself we’re only going to see what’s on the other side!” Chihiro narrowed her eyes directly behind their guilty backs.
“No wonder why you don’t grow, past stick and bones!” Her father shouted daringly at the teen who was now alert and ready to blow.
“Wait! Say that to my face you coward” She glowered at them both. Her mother silently joined her father, linking his arms.
“A fun fair! It all looks fairly new? But look…”
Chihiro turned her attention back to the entrance they had come out grey block of the building was a clock tower an old one too. It astonished her because she noticed the clock had the wrong time, it read 6:00pm but we arrived her at 4:00pm she remembered checking the time on her digital watch before they entered here, she checked that to, to her surprise her watch was dead too. ‘the battery must’ve run out?’ She pondered wildly when she turned back she saw vast wilderness her parents had tricked her! Her was vanquished she was now full of anger and plans to get them back!
“Baka’s! you pigs, you-” she felt the wind push her ever so slightly forward- She jumped and stumbled clumsily up on the rocks above the glittering stream.
“Wait up” she screamed diligently as she shot up the hill running on all fours, ‘What an effort’ she panted although her lanky structure made her look like this was nothing of a challenge, to her it was, Chihiro had never done a day’s proper work. Clambering at the fall in front of her she saw two figures sliding into an alleyway full of restaurants and café’s. “Mum, Dad! You are sooo going to regret this!
As she raced downhill, everything a big blur of greens and colourful blobs she mentally noted they were the wild flowers.
She walked into an avenue and saw her parents seated at a long counter, which displayed a variety of mouth-watering dishes some of which she’d never seen before. She felt tempted as a whiff of the aroma passed by ‘Mmmm, Peking Duck’ she could kill for that! She greedily licked her dry lips, but then suddenly her gut instinct returned, her mouth turned to ash it was putting her off now. For once she was thinking, fully alert, she saw her parents dishing out , they didn’t look like themselves as if they were brainwashed or just dumbstruck. “Hey, whoa! Look the food’s not going to disappear. You have to consider the people who cooked the dishes and who they’re for and how you’re gonna pay!!!” she added, her brisk tone was getting to her she sounded like a teacher scolding 3 year olds! It seemed to work on one parent, her mother.
“Oh dear!, Chihiro’s right.” she stopped in her tracks to smile at her daughter who had quite frankly taken after her. “I am glad that even if I have a loud-mouthed airhead at times she’s as wise as me.”
“Hey” Chihiro remarked.
“She just can’t recognise a compliment when she hears one.” her mother added smugly. Her father chose to break this moment,
“Well I see where you are coming from, but if they were really considerate they would understand a bunch of hungry passers-by, hungry and lost and well we have credit cards and cash to pay them and if they don’t settle for that, we could always leave Chihiro here for a week to wash the dishes to pay our debt!” That remark got Chihiro fired up. “No way!” she charged at him her fists clenched into tiny balls until her knuckles were white, however she didn’t get very far, her father held his hand on her forehead leaving her dangling arms flailing wildly trying to grasp him. But his other hand reached for a piece of chicken he suddenly dropped his hand leaving Chihiro struggling to regain balance, thankfully she managed and straightened up only to find her efforts had failed miserably, her last attempt was to give them her laser eyes this had never failed since the age of 10 were she could give them the most breath-taxingly intoxicated stare that could melt ice this was her gift she constantly thanked the Gods for.
But she nearly dropped when they continued eating merrily and if possible in a speed not known to mankind, Chihiro nearly retched when she saw her dad eating from 3 plates including the buffet table while her self-contented mother was eating like her dad which never happened she was the most graceful woman she knew.
Chihiro had to get away, she looked back and snorted I don’t care, a certain pain overtook her heart… ‘They don’t-care, they never listen and they deserve to be pigs.’ She harshly whipped back and called to them “Go to Hell!” mercilessly angry tears streaked her face as she wandered through a distant street.
When she had calmed down she found herself on an ancient bridge,
When she looked back where she had came from she saw a beautiful village of houses and café’s. ‘Rural and delicate.’ she admired the beautiful view. Looming over head where mahogany roofs, funnily enough chimneys were puffing out coal black smoke which clashed against the somehow darker sky, staring at the cobbled streets which she had descended from she back to the bridge, sadly. ‘maybe my parent’s will worry?’ she thought proudly but then was hit back to the sudden reality that they would’ve come sooner to look for her. She turned her head to her right a grand and old aburaya stood taller than the clock far back at the entrance, it was blowing great bouts of puffy steam filed the air giving it a mystified look.
What would a bath house be doing here? She let the breeze fly far with her thought and troubles.