Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Memories Through the Years ❯ Default Chapter ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Spirited Away. It belongs to the Great Hayao Miazaki.

>

>

>

As Chihiro turned her back and ran towards the tunnel, she couldn't refrain herself to take one last glance at him. He had become someone so special it left a mark in her heart that she will surely remember forever. But will it always remain that way? Will she always remember her Kohaku?

Things will alter from time to time. Seasons will come and seasons will change. And perhaps one day, there would be someone to replace him. Someone, that could make her forget about Kohaku.

She passed through the tunnel that divides the Spirited world and the human world. Upon reaching the end, she ran crying "Mom! Dad!" She saw the sleeping inside their car and as soon as they heard their daughter's voice, woke up and smiled at her.

"There you are Chihiro." her mom said. "Hop inside or the moving van will get into our house before us."

Chihiro obeyed "right!" and they drove back not taking one look back.

~POV~

"Wait for me my dear friend," Kohaku said to himself, "I wont break my promise to you. I'm sure we will be together again." And he started to walk towards the Aburaya.

After a few exchange of words, Yubaaba - the witch who rules the bathouse, glared at him and took out what looked like a contract from her desk.

"You're a brave young man Haku", she continued eyeing her, "to say you're going to quit being my apprentice. However, as far as you know, you won't be able to do that until you remember your name." She smiled mischievously. Kohaku barely moved.

"Well?" began Yubaaba breaking the silence, "Aren't you going to tell me your true name?"

"Stop this nonsense Yubaaba, My name is Nigihayami Kohaku Nuchi. The spirit that dwells within the Kohaku River." he paused, "Now are you satisfied?"

Yubaaba held her mouth open but quickly closed it. "Grr…I still won't let you go Kohaku. Even though you finally remembered it I still have your contract with me and that is that." She said holding up the paper crumpled in her hands.

"What I see… is a blank piece of paper."

Five years have passed since Chihiro left her beloved Kohaku. Since then, she made no signs that she ever met him. Like he have never gone to the spirited world. What happened to her? No one knows. It seemed that she have forgotten everything after all those years. And her promise as well.

She ran down the stairs of their house as her father's voice startled her. "Be careful on your way to school sweetie. I don't like the idea of you being lost again." he joked and yawned.

Chihiro sighed at her father's usual words. "Dad! That happened a long tome ago. And besides, I haven't been lost yet."

Her father bent towards her as if trying to get a good look at her daughter. "Then tell me what are you doing on the other side of the tunnel? Remember last time, you came out of there."

Chihiro paused. What was she doing there anyway? She tried to remember what exactly happened and it was like thinking after a million times. Ever since they came to their house five years ago, this question has always haunted her mind. Full of thoughts, Chihiro didn't notice her mother watching them. She turned around quickly before her father could ask her anything.

"What are you two doing in the middle of the stairs?" Her mother asked raising an eyebrow. "Chihiro, here's your lunch. Get going now or you'll be late. It's the first day of school."

"Right." she answered back and took the bag from her mother giving her a kiss on the cheek. She ran towards the door and out on the streets as a zephyr gently brushed her chestnut hair. Her ponytail which was given to her by her friends (which she have already forgotten) from the spirited world gleamed in the sunlight and her gray school uniform made her look more sophisticated.

She turned around a corner where she saw the small shrines. She paused to take a look at it and remembered the question she asked her mother five years ago. She thought that 'five years ago' was a time not too far to be forgotten. She remembered her dad taking this way as a shortcut and ending up in a dead end. And then what? This was the point where her memories start to vanish (though not completely). All those years she tried so hard to remember. But she couldn't. Between these contemplations, she would suddenly ask herself why she's thinking so much about something that did not matter too much.

Or, was it?

As she said these things to herself she had an idea. An idea of going through the tunnel once more and satisfy herself. But something told her this wasn't a good thought. She glanced at her watch and to her surprise, she only have 15 minutes to make it at school and dashed without another word - and in her case, without another thought.

>

>

>

End of Chapter one! I hope everyone likes it. Please don't forget to drop a review!