Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Who says we're too young to love? ❯ Confusion ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sorry it took so long for the update. I’m at my best friend’s house so I got the chance to update. First I would like to thank all my loyal reviewers. You’ll never know how much I appreciate it. Please continue to review my story. Good news, I am getting a whole new computer in the next two weeks. Please continue to review my story.

“So Haku. If you don’t mind my asking, what is your reason or staying with us?”

“Well, I’ve come from a pretty bad situation and Chihiro agreed to help me. Don’t worry, it’s nothing that’ll put her in harms way.” I hope not.

He nodded his head slightly, accepting Haku’s answer.

“So, Chihiro how did you two meet?”

“Well, let’s see.” Chihiro said sarcastically. “I met him when we were moving right before my dad died.”

“Ah, I see.”

“Honey, don’t you think you’ve asked enough questions for now?” Chihiro’s mother asked, touching his shoulder.

He laughed. “I guess we can end this interrogation now then.”

“I think I’m going to excuse myself from the table now. This is becoming way too much for me to stand.” Chihiro said, walking from the table and disappearing upstairs.

“I don’t know what to do with that girl. She’s been like this for the past few years. It’s like she hasn’t gotten over the fact that her dad is dead.” Chihiro’s mom said shaking her head.

“Well, something like that is hard to get over. It’s kind of difficult knowing that someone is trying to replace a spot that they could never truly fill in the first place.” Haku said frowning still. Her statement had pissed him off. “I think I’ll excuse myself now.”

Haku excused himself and went upstairs to join Chihiro. He entered her room only to find her attempting to climb out of the window.

“Trying to run away, are we?”

Chihiro hung her head in shame. “I just can’t take this anymore. I’m so tired of her acting like everything is ok. Like it never happened. It gets on my nerves.”

“Okay, do you really want to get out of here?” Haku said a glint of mischief apparent in his eyes.

“As long as you promise not to use your powers. I don’t want any repeats of the other day.”

“Don’t worry, there won’t be any repeats.” The ever so familiar blue light appeared around him and he was transformed. He swept up Chihiro and they landed on the ground not too far from her home. AfterHaku transformedback they began to walk through the deserted streets ofWojimboAvenue.

I’m going to take a long shot with this one, but I’m going to guess that you don’t like your step-father very much."

“Is it really that obvious?”

“It’s very obvious. But what has he done for you not to like him?”

“Well, it may not seem like much to you, but I’ll tell you anyway.” Chihiro cleared her throat. “Well I don’t know what it is but it seems like he’s trying to fill my dad’s shoes. He tries to do all the things that my dad did. I guess he thinks it’ll make me like him.”

“I figured as much. And I guess your mother doesn’t make matters any better with her behavior.”

“You guessed it.”

Chihiro and Haku walked for another hour before deciding to head back. Chihiro completely exhausted went off to bed, Haku sat on the rooftop thinking to himself silently.

Chihiro’s dream:

“Chihiro!”

“Haku, is that you?”

Rattling chains.

“Haku!”

Muffled voices.

“It’s all over, little girl.”

The chains rattle again.

“Yubaba? What have you done with Haku?”

Footsteps approaching.

“I don’t think that’s any of your concern right now. Your main concern should be your own life for right now.”

The feeling of hands around her neck

“Chihiro, where are you?”

Can’t speak. Not enough air in her lungs.

Ending of dream.

“Chihiro, wake up.”

Chihiro awoke to an unfamiliar place. She’d remembered specifically going to bed in her room.

“Haku, where are –“ She didn’t need the answer. This place looked all too familiar to her. “The bath house? But how did we-“

“I’m not sure right now. I woke up here and you just got here. All I can remember is being tied up with some chains.”

Chihiro gasped. “I saw that in my dream.”

“And these bruises on your neck, how did those get there?”

Chihiro sat upright and wrapped her arms around her knees rocking back and forth manically. “This doesn’t make any sense. This can’t be happening. There is absolutely no way that we should be back in the Spirit World.” She was nearly on the brink of tears. Just a while ago she was walking with Haku having a perfectly good conversation and now she was back in the place that she’d just years ago escaped.

Haku placed a reassuring hand on her knee. “I know all of this is overwhelming but we have to work together to get through this. I can’t have you losing your mind on me. Okay?”

“Yes, I guess. But what do we do?” So she really thinks I’m Haku. This could work out a lot better than I thought.

“Chihiro.” Called a familar voice.

“Hiro, is that you?”

A figured stepped from the shadows with a battered face and a body adorned with bruises.

“How did you get here, what happened to you?”

“I-I don’t know. I just appeared here out of no where. I went to bed and when I woke up I was here.” He said breathlessly.

Haku glared at the young boy and gave a disapproving look. This boy could put a major damper in my plans. I have to get rid of him and Haku as well.

“Haku, what are we going to do?”

“Well, we can always go to Zeniba’s. She could probably tell us what’s going on here.” And I can kill that wench for putting a bind on my powers. Killing four birds with one stone. How clever of me.

Yubaba’s dungeon

Chihiro, where are you? I can’t allow anything to happen to you. Haku rattled the chains furiously hoping for them to break.

Maybe I could use my powers.

A blue light began to emit from Haku’s body only to burn out as quickly as it’d started.

“There’s no use in even trying. Your powers won’t work here.” Came a familiar voice.

Wait, I know that voice. That voice belongs to-

“You. I know something was wrong with you when I met you. So I was wrong about Hiro. You were behind this all along. So you must have Yubaba working under you.”

“You’re a clever one, aren’t you? Let’s see how clever you are once I kill your little girlfriend.”

"But why? Why would you lead on someone just to hurt them in the end. Now I understand." Haku said glaring at the older man. "If you do anything to Chihiro, I will kill you. That I promise."

I’ll give anyone a cookie who can figure out the mystery person. Remember to review by the way.

- Twisted Enigmas