Sports Fan Fiction ❯ Punishment ❯ The Tape ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Horror washed over him and he was unable to tear his eyes from the television screen in front of him.

His beautiful Kasey had been missing for three days, three of the longest days Tony had had in recent memory. They had fallen asleep together, but when he had awoken, his lover was gone. He had thought nothing of it at first, but, as the day wore on and he received no word from him, the worry had set in. By the beginning of the next day, he began to fear for the younger man's life.

As the third day dawned, he had received a delivery. A tape. A single video cassette, the name of the man that he loved more than his own life etched into the very casing. Before watching the tape, he called two of his closest friends. He knew that, whatever the tape contained, he could not bear to watch it by himself. He had been right.

"Tony..."Kevin's voice drifted past his ear, their hands melding tightly, and still he could not tear his eyes from the screen.

There, in veiled darkness, was the man that he had given his heart and soul to. He was bound, arms and legs fastened so securely that his motions were few and far between. His body, the body that Tony so relished giving pleasure to night after night, was battered. Blood ran from all parts of him, trickling, staining him. With each frame that passed, he was violated. By objects, by a body that continually obscured its face from view.

He watched as Kasey drifted in and out of consciousness. He listened as silence gave way to screams. And when, in the midst of the pain that had obviously overtaken him, Kasey's body betrayed him and he found a release, Tony simply leaned forward and vomited on the floor.

"Tony, we need to get this to the police," Kevin spoke softly again, giving his hand a gentle squeeze and trying to move him from the chair, "This is evidence and they need to see it."

"He's right, T. This might help them find him," Dale chimed in from the floor, where he had set upon cleaning.

Tony shook his head no. He couldn't hand this tape over to the authorities. He refused to allow anyone to see the violation of one that he loved so dearly. When Kasey returned, he would want his life to be normal. If others outside of his home saw the tape, they would know. They would know how deeply he had been wounded. Tony couldn't allow that to happen.

"No," he spoke softly, but firmly.

A sigh eased from Kevin's lips and he gave Tony's hand another small squeeze, "If you don't take that tape to the police, you'll be hindering their investigation. And you might be keeping a clue from them about where to find Kase. They have to see it."

He closed his eyes. In his mind, he knew that Kevin was right. The police did need the tape, for a myriad of reasons. But in his heart, he could not reconcile that. Kasey was surviving enough; he couldn't bear the thought of putting him through even more.

Through his pain filled haze, he heard the phone ring. Another person offering prayers or thoughts, something he couldn't handle. He wanted them to go away. He wanted all the well-wishers to just disappear. They could do nothing to bring back his lover. Tears rolled silently down his cheeks and he heard Dale answer the phone.

"Oh my god," Dale said softly, placed his hand over the receiver, and turned to Tony, "They...They found him, Tony. They...found Kasey."